Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By BMcV
  • 2 Post By 4ME4ONCE
  • 1 Post By PureGrace
percocet withdrawal. day 11
    BMcV is offline New Member

Post percocet withdrawal. day 11

I have found a lot of inspiration from these forums over the past 2 weeks and I just wanted to add my story here.
    I started doing 10/325 perks 15 months ago like so many people for severe back pain, 1 herniated disc and 1 bulging. You probably know how the story goes from here, 1 pill led to 2 to 3 etc. I was popping 7 at a time in the end just to get me through a couple of hours. My tolerance and dependence on these things just snuck up on me. I'd go many many days without them back in the beginning. I was buying from the street at first and later both street and doctors scripts.

These things slowly took over all aspects of my private life, slowly but surely though. Even after 3/4 months I was in complete denial that I was hooked, but i was. I hid it all so well, lied and borrowed money to buy them and slowly started retracting to the comfort of my Apartment. I didn't even want to leave and didn't leave my Apartment to have dinner with my girlfriend on her birthday, that's when any non drug addicted person would have realized this is a problem, but me this kinda stuff kept happening more and more and I never even realized i was doing it or that my friends had started to notice that I wasn't really making them welcome around me. I simply didn't want to be bothered by anyone and be left alone to get high.

In the last 3 months of taking them I had gone up to 20 a day and then 30 and if i got my hands on 100 they would be gone in 3 days no problem. I was scared to stop taking these things beyond belief but I set a date, and have been clean since Thanksgiving Day, 11 days ago. I knew i had a serious problem and that it was having a destructive effect on my life and the people around me, least of all my now ex girlfriend who I had pushed completely away, I didn't want or need sex and I didn't want or need to talk or go out with her. I wasn't really hanging out with or talking much to many of my friends at this stage either. Believe me, these toxic pills destroy lives.

I started my withdrawal 11 days ago and its been and is incredibly tough, I was over the worst physical withdrawals after about 6 days, and now am struggling with sleep and a fever. I haven't slept for the last 48 hours. But I know it will be all over soon and I am out every day walking and getting exercise without any problems. This can be beaten and I already have done what i have been putting off for months. My friends have all been supporting me beyond belief and even my ex-girlfriend has been there to help me get over the worst days of withdrawal. I feel like i'm awake for the first time in over a year now. Although my body is still suffering slightly, but I was feeding it 30 pills a day in the end so it will take time for my endorphins and receptors to return to a near normal state.
    I want to encourage everyone who's thinking of stopping to find a way to do it sooner rather than later.
    lilbri and GOLDA55 like this.

GOLDA55 is offline Member

Unhappy so great to think so logically

good for you. i am on day 8 and still am waiting for a little magic to set in. feel very blah and I KNOW THE LOGIC WHY. just getting impatient I guess. good luck to you,,,great work

PureGrace is offline New Member

Red face Great JOb

Hi.. I just wanted to say that your doing great. I'm also a recovered addict. I've been off hydrocodone 10/750's for 8 years now. I couldn't do with alone though. I used..and still are using methadone. But..I'm happy to say that I'm not abusing it. I take my one dose a day and it's worked miracles for me. I have to have something for pain for the rest of my life..and this seems to be the safest and I don't have to worry about my system needing more and more as time goes by. I have 6 bulging disk 4 herniated disk, pinched nerves, damaged sciatica nerve., fibromyalgia,chronic fatigue syndrome..just to name a few..so it's unrealistic for me to think I can live without something to help with the pain. Non one understands how bad it is to live..each and everyday in pain..unless you've been there. I did buy off the street too..sad to say but it's true. When I finally stopped..I was taking at least..40 10's a day. if I had 60...then I'd take 60 a day...10 at a time. It would take ten just to get me out of bed in the morning. My feet never hit the floor until I chewed up my ten pills. (sighs) I had two kids..so I had to function and this was the only way for me. No one ever thinks this is going to happen to them..no one ever says " I want to be an addict when I grow up" I get soo sick of people saying " I won't let that happen to me" or.." how could you let yourself get that bad?" Ook..wow.. I had no intentions of taking this message there..I just wanted to say congrats..and you've got a shoulder if you need one . Keep going one minute at a time.

4ME4ONCE is offline Junior Member

Default Thank you for sharing

This is an amazing post for me to read today and my most heartfelt congratulations to you for pushing thru. I too retreated into my home...some friends said I became a hermit and never accepted invites to dinners...parties...etc...just sat home alone mostly and felt like I was perfrectly happy with that...my God when I look back now after reading your post...it shook me! I appreciate what people share here...I admire the fight and determination that people show and are willing to put it out here to encourage us that are going thru it that there is a better tomorrow coming. I'm only 26 hours into this and feel like death...reading your post was some encouragement that I needed right now to hang on...and I thank you for sharing your story! God Bless!
    Tee
    GOLDA55 and PureGrace like this.

staysober10 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BMcV View Post
    I have found a lot of inspiration from these forums over the past 2 weeks and I just wanted to add my story here.
    I started doing 10/325 perks 15 months ago like so many people for severe back pain, 1 herniated disc and 1 bulging. You probably know how the story goes from here, 1 pill led to 2 to 3 etc. I was popping 7 at a time in the end just to get me through a couple of hours. My tolerance and dependence on these things just snuck up on me. I'd go many many days without them back in the beginning. I was buying from the street at first and later both street and doctors scripts.

These things slowly took over all aspects of my private life, slowly but surely though. Even after 3/4 months I was in complete denial that I was hooked, but i was. I hid it all so well, lied and borrowed money to buy them and slowly started retracting to the comfort of my Apartment. I didn't even want to leave and didn't leave my Apartment to have dinner with my girlfriend on her birthday, that's when any non drug addicted person would have realized this is a problem, but me this kinda stuff kept happening more and more and I never even realized i was doing it or that my friends had started to notice that I wasn't really making them welcome around me. I simply didn't want to be bothered by anyone and be left alone to get high.

In the last 3 months of taking them I had gone up to 20 a day and then 30 and if i got my hands on 100 they would be gone in 3 days no problem. I was scared to stop taking these things beyond belief but I set a date, and have been clean since Thanksgiving Day, 11 days ago. I knew i had a serious problem and that it was having a destructive effect on my life and the people around me, least of all my now ex girlfriend who I had pushed completely away, I didn't want or need sex and I didn't want or need to talk or go out with her. I wasn't really hanging out with or talking much to many of my friends at this stage either. Believe me, these toxic pills destroy lives.

I started my withdrawal 11 days ago and its been and is incredibly tough, I was over the worst physical withdrawals after about 6 days, and now am struggling with sleep and a fever. I haven't slept for the last 48 hours. But I know it will be all over soon and I am out every day walking and getting exercise without any problems. This can be beaten and I already have done what i have been putting off for months. My friends have all been supporting me beyond belief and even my ex-girlfriend has been there to help me get over the worst days of withdrawal. I feel like i'm awake for the first time in over a year now. Although my body is still suffering slightly, but I was feeding it 30 pills a day in the end so it will take time for my endorphins and receptors to return to a near normal state.
    I want to encourage everyone who's thinking of stopping to find a way to do it sooner rather than later.
    Bmcv,

Your story was very encouraging to read. My story is out there if you want to read it. I have been abusing vicoden, percocet, roxies, any painkiller I can get my hand on. When I would set a date to quit, I would throw in the towel after day 1 or 2. I used to have the willpower to go several days without taking anything but not anymore. Back in the day 3 percocets got me feeling good, now I would use about 10-15 of the perc 10/325 a day. I never imagined I would ever use that much.

For you to just stop and never look back is amazing, you have guts my friend, My advice to you is to never go back, not even for 1. No offense but us addicts cannot just handle one or two pills, even after several years of sobriety. I am living proof of that. I went 4 years sober, decided to use some for a week and have been hooked ever since.

I hope you make the decision to stay sober and I hope you keep posting everyday how you are doing. Good luck bro.

- SS

PureGrace is offline New Member

Thanks dear.. I tried to add you to my friends list..but it wouldn't let me. I'm new to this site so I haven't quiet figured out how to navigate it well yet. I'd hope we could talk further if you want to. I hope you are ok. I know those first days..and even weeks are like nothing out there. If someone had've told me years ago..that pain meds..could actually make you hurt..I would have thought they were crazy. But they do.. they make your brain tell you your hurting. Now let me clarify..that's not saying you are not in pain..what I mean..is for me..I hurt more when I was taking the pills..and if I didn't have them..I reallllly hurt. I know that sounds crazy, but it surely did happen. It takes soo much to overcome addiction..so kudos to you for fighting the fight my dear friend. Keep your head up..your going to have hard days...your going to feel you can't get thru.. Just take it one minute to the next. I never could do the "one day" it was too much and way to hard to get thru an entire day without chewing up pills. I tried so many times on my own I can't even count. Sometimes I tried cold turkey..which was hell to say the least..and sometimes I tried to taper myself down. And there is no shame in tapering. Why some feel there is I do not know. It's the SAFE way to do it. Just please know that you can do this. And I'm so honored that my post touched you. Sometimes i feel so alone out there in this world..even tho I do have a great husband and kids. But they don't quiet understand why mama don't leave the house. What breaks my heart is when I need to go to a school meeting and can't.. Or a doc's appot for the kids..and can't. My husband does these things. (sighs) and sometimes it hurts me so much that I can't. I don't know why i panic...the school is bad for me..for some reason..even as a child..the school house terrified me.. I would have panic attackes at 6 years old when the bus would pull up..or we'd pull up to the school. The principal would drug me off the bus kicking and crying and in full panic mode. ONce..I even ran out of the school..and ran to the parking lot where moms were dropping off their kids..and crawled into the first car I recognized...and begged them to take me home ,,mind you I was crying and shaking and screaming and hyperventilating. All she could do was call the principal..she very well couldn't take me off the school yard. And of course..he dragged me out like that. I wound up quitting school as soon as I got 16. And I was in constant trouble for not going. My mom was threatened constantly on jail time. It does shame me now that I quit school...but even to this very day....when I try to go in the school, even for a little skit the kids are putting on..I totally panic... I'm an adult..I don't have to stay..so I have no idea why I panic like that at the school. This really bothers me..It's not like the other panic attacks..Like when I do go to walmart..at 3am..as long as my hubby stays with me I'm ok..but not at the school. It doesn't matter if he's there or not. I still panic. I wish i knew why. Some has asked me if anything had ever happened..but I can't recall anything..I've just always been like that..from the earliest I can remember.My mom said that when I was in prek. that they made her come get me and take me home..and told her not to bring me back till next year..cause I cried and hyperventilated all day. (shrugs) So evidently it's been going on from the start. I had no intention of posting this..it just sorta made it's way out. Back to you now... I'll keep you in my prayers..and please know that you are not alone.
    staysober10 likes this.