Please Help!! Bad Oxycodone Addiction!
    Anonymous Guest

Default Please Help!! Bad Oxycodone Addiction!

Hello all,

Thanks in advance for any advise. I am a 21 year old male. I've been recently abusing Oxycodone 30mg pills for the last 6-8 months or so. On average, I do 60 mg a day. I have been trying to come clean and get off them for the last 3 months but have failed miserably. This stuff has destroyed my life and I am about to lose my long term relationship. I really want to get clean now ASAP.

I have obtained 4 Suboxone 8 mg pills from a friend. I plan to use these to get off the Oxycodones. However I want to do this fast in a period of 3-4 days; very short term. I plan to cut each pill into 4-5 pieces and take them as needed, only once a day if I can get away with it.

Can i just instantly switch over to Suboxone or do I have to gradually titrate off the Oxy's first? If so, to what level do I have to titrate to before I begin taking the Suboxone. I also know I must be in full withdrawal before I start.

Also, I have heard you can get seizures by simply stopping Oxy. Is this true? If so, is it likely? I've never had a seizure before in my life.

Thank you so much for any advice!

Dom

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

See your other post for a reply. You just don't have enough medication to do this. You are wasting your time with four pills.

python134r is offline Member

If you went to a clinical inpatient setting once in withdrawals you would get subutex, 10mg 1st day,8 day 2,6 day3,4 day4,2 day 5 and thats it. Last day none. 60mgs a day is not a big habit, what you do after is the important thing.

Success is marginal at best even with aftercare for opioid dependence and/or addiction.

However, if you can afford it you can try under a doctors supervision.

Default Dschlic1

I shouldn't have said you were wasting your time. I just meant that four pills is not enough to get on a suboxone plan of any kind. And if you go into a rehab there is NO WAY anyone here can tell you accurately period how much of any medication you will be prescribed.

Four pills would help to provide relief for a few days. Beyond that you would have to deal with the w/d symptoms. Shouldn't really last too long though considering the oxy dose you are taking. Not to belittle your 60mg a day habit, but I was also taking 30mg oxy only I was taking 30 pills a day and I did that for some time. Oxy detox really sucks.

It is possible to have a seizure doing a cold-turkey detox from oxy. However I would be shocked if this happened to you with a habit of two pills a day. There are anti-convulsive medications that your dr can prescribe if he feels it's wise. Dilantin is sometimes used as is depakote and a few others. You should ask your dr about this although I would be very surprised if the dr put you on one of these medications. You will be sick from w/d for probably no more than a week. More likely closer to four days than seven. You can take immodium for the diarrhea, hot baths or showers if you have RLS or are just restless and can't sleep, drink gatorade for dehydration. Gatorade has lots of electrolytes and will help with your overall well-being. Try to get some exercise such as a good walk. This helps to get your natural endorphine production working properly. That will help you probably more than anything. And of course drink lots of water.

You can do this. It isn't fun by any means but it won't be that bad. And it won't last for months like I went through when I stopped. I did have seizures more than once but consider the difference in how much each of us were taking. Keep posting and I am certain you will receive support here. Good luck and God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-01-2008 at 03:33 AM.

Anonymous Guest

thank you so much for the advice. Your right I only do 60-80 mg a day, but I still get ********************ty withdrawals when I begin to stop. I am not trying to start a suboxone regimen/program. I just want to ease my withdrawals a little bit; thats my main goal. I also figured about 4 days to get through it, but I was wondering if I were to take maybe 2 - 4mg of suboxone (.25 - .5 pill of 8 mg pill) a day for about 4 days, would that ease my withdrawals enough to the point where it shouldn't be to bad at all? I don't intend to do the suboxone longer than 5 days tops. I just wanted it as a short aid to ease the pain.

Thanks again for any advice. I really appreciate it.

Based on the amount of oxy you are taking I would suggest taking about 1/3 of an 8mg pill and see if that stops the w/d. It really should do the trick. If not only take another 2mg but wait a good hour to make sure whether or not it worked. You can repeat the dose that works for the four days or so you are in detox and it should help you a lot. Let us know how it works for you. Good luck. Remember to let it dissolve under the tongue. And don't take the suboxone until you are in serious w/d or it won't do you any good.

Stangfriik is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dschlic1 View Post
    thank you so much for the advice. Your right I only do 60-80 mg a day, but I still get ********************ty withdrawals when I begin to stop. I am not trying to start a suboxone regimen/program. I just want to ease my withdrawals a little bit; thats my main goal. I also figured about 4 days to get through it, but I was wondering if I were to take maybe 2 - 4mg of suboxone (.25 - .5 pill of 8 mg pill) a day for about 4 days, would that ease my withdrawals enough to the point where it shouldn't be to bad at all? I don't intend to do the suboxone longer than 5 days tops. I just wanted it as a short aid to ease the pain.

Thanks again for any advice. I really appreciate it.
    You can read my situation here https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...ear-49605.html

I could have gone either way and knowing what I know now, maybe it was better if I would have started the suboxone when we were doing roxy's still the past is just that.

After I ran out of methadone, I waited until the 2nd day without anything except a massive amount of weed to help the pain then took 1/4 suboxone which worked like a charm. I tried 1/8 but it just wasn't enough for me but maybe it would be for you. Since for some reason, I don't feel my symptoms at all while at work, I'm gonna try 1/8 piece again but see if I'm ok at work. I went 3 days with nothing while I orientation a couple weeks ago and I was fine so my situation may be a little different than yours but I thought I would let you know that you could very well stretch them for 16 days at 1/4 piece which would be a decent amount for such a low dose of oxycodone I would think. This is very dependent on your situation though so it may not work. This is my 7th day without methadone and my 5th day on suboxone and I'm not 100% when I'm at home as it's quite stressful at home right now so it's not the most comforting environments but I'm 100% at work which is the most important thing right now.

Hopefully it does though. Good luck

Anonymous Guest

Robert and everyone else,

Thanks again for the advice and your time. I'm starting the suboxone tomorrow morning and I will keep everyone updated. As you mentioned, I am not on an extremely high dose (60-75 mg a day of oxycodone 30mg pills, 2 - 2 1/2 pills). Usually my withdrawals are gone after 4-5 days, but usually by day 4 I am ok.

My main concerns are 1) how long should I wait? I know this is different from everyone. I have been told 12 - 24 hrs after my last dose, but have heard up to 48. I only take oxy. I have never touched meth in my life, do not do any other drugs than oxycodones and pot, and I am under the impression that taking meth will contribute to having to wait longer to start the suboxone. Should i be ok to take it around 18-20 hours or so?

Also I plan taking 1/4 of a xanax pill to get me through the rest of today/night (I start suboxone tomorrow morning around 9 -10 am) since I took my last dose of oxy at 11 am and do not plan on taking more. I know mixing benzos with sub is bad.. but I should be ok with taking only a 1/4 since its so little right?

Robert, I will take your suggestion and start with 1/3 of an 8mg suboxone pill a day. IF there is any other advice you could give me I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much for everyone's help and generosity. I will keep you updates. Thanks again.

-Dominic

Dominic ... even drs can't tell you exactly how long to wait before starting the suboxone. We are all a little different. Drs use what is called a COWS worksheet. COWS is clinical opiate withdrawal scale. It helps to determine the level of severity of our w/d symptoms. I have included a link below for you to access the COWS worksheet.

https://www.drugs.com/resources/opio...wal-record.pdf

When you add up the score totals for your w/d symptoms you should be at a 26 minimum before beginning on the suboxone if you want the best results. This eliminates the guessing game. You're either at a 26 or you're not. And be honest with yourself using the worksheet. If you cut yourself too much slack you are only hurting yourself. You are your own patient doing this with the worksheet so be straight up about the scoring.

If you adhere to what the COWS worksheet says, take the suboxone as we suggested and don't continue with the xanax during the time you are using the suboxone you should do well. Let us know how it's working for you. You will probably be amazed at how easy this is with the suboxone. People just don't have to go through all the misery of w/d symptoms anymore if this is done the right way. Good luck.

Stangfriik is offline New Member

We held out as long as we could before taking the suboxone which was the night of the 2nd day without anything. With this weekend coming up, I'd try to go as long as you could without them then take a piece the night before or early Monday morning. If you have to work tomorrow, then you gotta do what you gotta do to get by.

If you feel ok on the 1/3, maybe try a 1/4 to see if you're ok. If you're ok again, try an 1/8. It seems that and somebody can correct me on this but the lower the maintenance dose, the easier it seems to come off of from what I have read.

We're in the same boat just different situations. I want to get off of this as fast as possible also. I just tried going without any today but had to take 1/8 around noon as my anxiety was going crazy and I started getting the shakes a little which is a BIG no no if I'm at work so I had to take it.

Good luck man