Please Help, doctors aren't listening need advice
    Trinity 00 is offline New Member

Default Please Help, doctors aren't listening need advice

LEASE HELP, nobody is listening to me at my dr office and I really need advice and similar experiences..I have been on suboxone for almost 2 years now. I have Lyme Disease for 4 years and its slowly killing me. I ended up on subs because I had a bad dr who told me for 2 years I didn't have Lyme and continued to throw opiates at me without EVER explaining the risks. After the chase that resulted agree 1 1/2 if use I didn't want to take this >>>> anymore but knew I had a legitimate need and I couldn't just not take anything for pain...I found a good doctor and going thru treatment for Lyme, been a very slow process and now I need intravenous treatment. I have been taking subs for awhile and not only have I lost almost.50 pounds, I have NO appetite whatsoever, I do not eat until I smoke pot which I had to revert to after months of not eating for days. It's a pain to have to smoke to eat. Not only do I not eat, lost weight but I can't quit smoking. My doctor believes that it's the Lyme disease causing my appetite loss because there.is so little blocker in it. I feel that I am hyper sensitive to the blocker as the appetite loss just started after taking it. Dr says 99% of those on.subs gain weight and are able to quit smoking while on suboxone. Given the fact that I continue to lose weight at a rapid rate, and I am smoking more due to not eating, I feel that I.am hyper sensitive. I also want to quit smoking, I used Chantix twice and both times quit for years, I have NO adverse effects from it. Last time I took Chantix for over a month and because of the blocker, it didn't work at all.I am pleading with them to switch me from the subs so I don't lose anymore weight and I can.quit smoking but they.believe that the suboxone has nothing to do with my weight loss, they are completely ignoring the smoking part and will not switch me. I have never in 2 years come up dirty, I have followed everything they have asked of me and still they insist that my weight loss is due to Lyme disease cause it's rare someone would have a reaction to the blocker. Recently they gave me Bunavail, which still has the f-ing blocker in it so again they aren't listening. It's horrible, it tastes worse and I think it's th this that is knocking me out now, I have zero energy. My question is, has anyone experienced this issue with weight loss with the suboxone?. I can't figure out why they won't switch me to something without the blocker to confirm or deny my suspicions. Their answer was to put me on.Welbutrin (sp), I take over 20 pills a day for the Lyme, why the hell would I want to add another pill when switching one would solve 2 problems. My doctors aren't listening and I really could use your experience and advice on this...is it possible I am hypersensitive and has this happened to anyone else? Thank you for your help.

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

Their answer was to put me on.Welbutrin (sp)
    Oh good Lord. Well I've heard that in some states there is a law that they can't give you subutex, (unless you are a pregnant female) it has to be suboxone and I have heard several stories here on this forum about people who have reactions to the blocker, so I tend to think you might be right and I also would want to test the theory if I were you. I guess you have the option of tapering off the suboxone and going without pain meds, if they absolutely won't put you on some classic pain med.

Best of luck to you. I hope the Lyme is cured soon.

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

OMG> I don't even know what to say to you. I don't understand any of what your doctor did. And this is exactly why I don't trust doctors. They are frigging idiots! I am so sorry for your experiences.....it makes me so mad. You are an innocent person trusting a":holes to help. Geez. I'm sorry, I have no help other than I would go out and get a good lawyer (unfortunately another profession I have no respect for) and go after someone, until you get an answer to your problems. Lyme disease is no joke, and I am just so sorry.

Thank you for your kind words and empathy, It has been a very difficult road and I wish more doctors were educated about it..I did actually contact a lawyer, a really good one, he said it was so hard to prove Lyme cases and denied my case, I have heard that from more then one unfortunately. Thank you again I appreciate your support.

Thank you for your help, I know there is no such law here so I am not sure either why they won't even give it a try but I do not have the option of going off pain meds completely. Even with the suboxone, there are days I cannot get out of bed because of the pain. I cringe at the thought of doing that before they kill the disease... I am very happy to know that Welbutrin worked for you. Congrats on that..Thank you for your input, I hope that with enough pressure they will listen. It's sad that doctors don't listen to what patients are saying anymore but he's a fantastic Lyme doctor lol go figure...Thank you for your help.

I'm so sorry that you have to endure that kind of situation. I'm in shocked with how you were treated by your doctors. How are you now? I feel so mad knowing about this injustice you've been through. I will pray that you get proper medical care in the future. Let us know how you are now. I hope you're okay.