Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Please Help!!! Suboxone withdrawals
    2young4this is offline New Member

Question Please Help!!! Suboxone withdrawals

Hello. I really need some type of help. See, I was prescribed pain medication in high amounts for a spinal disorder I have. I was pretty good at only taking the pills when I was in pain, but after awhile it felt like my life was being run by the pills, and I was always stopping myself from doing things because I was worried about hurting myself more. I was taking 120 mgs of OC a day, and about 50 mgs of oxycodone. I didn't know anymore if I was really experiencing pain or if it was from the pills. I realized it was becoming a problem and wanted to stop. So I switched to Suboxone to take myself off. The dr. prescribed me 24 mgs, I usually took 16 mgs a day for 3 months. Some days when my pain was really bad I took 24 mgs.I didn't have money to keep paying to see him bc I was laid off while on disability from work. I didn't know anything about tapering, so I took 16 one day, 8 the next, 4 the following, then four the following day and stopped.
    I am at the end of day 28 with no suboxone. The first 2 weeks were absolute hell. Then after that it was a lot of anxiety, so bad I couldn't breath right. I was doing really well, then on day 23 I woke up with horrid pain. I couldn't even walk. I know I shouldn't have and I am really ashamed but I took 40 mgs of oxycodone that day. It was not an enjoyable experience and I am kind of glad I did it because it reminded me how much I hated feeling like that. My back felt better but I had that cloudy head feeling and was throwing up and it was just bad. I definitely don't wanna do it again.
    So my question is, how much longer is my withdrawal from the suboxone going to last? I am on day 28 absolutely no suboxone and just the 40 mgs 4 days ago. Am I starting all over again from scratch? Its really weird because with the suboxone withdrawal its like one day I feel like I am getting better and it's almost over and the next is torture again. The anxiety is really starting to get to me, and I am worried that it isn't from the withdrawals and it's just something I will have to live with.
    Perhaps the more important question is; how can I get some relief for my back pain? It's to the point where some days I can't get out of bed, my legs lock up and I fall down sometimes when I walk. I really don't want to go to another dr because I really don't want to start the whole mess with narcotics again. Isn't there something else I can do? I would really appreciate any advice; I'm starting to lose hope that I will be able to live a pill-free life.

Magdalena12 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2young4this View Post
    Hello. I really need some type of help. See, I was prescribed pain medication in high amounts for a spinal disorder I have. I was pretty good at only taking the pills when I was in pain, but after awhile it felt like my life was being run by the pills, and I was always stopping myself from doing things because I was worried about hurting myself more. I was taking 120 mgs of OC a day, and about 50 mgs of oxycodone. I didn't know anymore if I was really experiencing pain or if it was from the pills. I realized it was becoming a problem and wanted to stop. So I switched to Suboxone to take myself off. The dr. prescribed me 24 mgs, I usually took 16 mgs a day for 3 months. Some days when my pain was really bad I took 24 mgs.I didn't have money to keep paying to see him bc I was laid off while on disability from work. I didn't know anything about tapering, so I took 16 one day, 8 the next, 4 the following, then four the following day and stopped.
    I am at the end of day 28 with no suboxone. The first 2 weeks were absolute hell. Then after that it was a lot of anxiety, so bad I couldn't breath right. I was doing really well, then on day 23 I woke up with horrid pain. I couldn't even walk. I know I shouldn't have and I am really ashamed but I took 40 mgs of oxycodone that day. It was not an enjoyable experience and I am kind of glad I did it because it reminded me how much I hated feeling like that. My back felt better but I had that cloudy head feeling and was throwing up and it was just bad. I definitely don't wanna do it again.
    So my question is, how much longer is my withdrawal from the suboxone going to last? I am on day 28 absolutely no suboxone and just the 40 mgs 4 days ago. Am I starting all over again from scratch? Its really weird because with the suboxone withdrawal its like one day I feel like I am getting better and it's almost over and the next is torture again. The anxiety is really starting to get to me, and I am worried that it isn't from the withdrawals and it's just something I will have to live with.
    Perhaps the more important question is; how can I get some relief for my back pain? It's to the point where some days I can't get out of bed, my legs lock up and I fall down sometimes when I walk. I really don't want to go to another dr because I really don't want to start the whole mess with narcotics again. Isn't there something else I can do? I would really appreciate any advice; I'm starting to lose hope that I will be able to live a pill-free life.
    Dear 2young4this-

Ugh, I feel terrible for you. The MAIN problem here is the amount of suboxone you were taking and the WAY you "tapered" off the Suboxone, no wonder you are sicker than a dog. I don't know HOW you have even managed to get this far!

Listen, I am NO expert here. I can just tell you that I am now in the process of tapering off of suboxone after taking Methadone and Norco and I promise you there is an easier way to get off of the suboxone. There are people here that can help you if you are willing to follow their instructions and I promise you they will have some good advice for you.

Give it a little time and I am sure Robert, Melinda, Musicman and some others will respond to your post. They know what they are talking about and will most likely be able to help.

You've surely proven that you are very serious about getting off of the opiates, but it sounds like you are at the end of your rope.

Hang in there, I'll check in later to see if they have gotten back to you!

mags

ddosher is offline Member

Default Day 29

Quote Originally Posted by magsj View Post
    Dear 2young4this-

Ugh, I feel terrible for you. The MAIN problem here is the amount of suboxone you were taking and the WAY you "tapered" off the Suboxone, no wonder you are sicker than a dog. I don't know HOW you have even managed to get this far!

Listen, I am NO expert here. I can just tell you that I am now in the process of tapering off of suboxone after taking Methadone and Norco and I promise you there is an easier way to get off of the suboxone. There are people here that can help you if you are willing to follow their instructions and I promise you they will have some good advice for you.

Give it a little time and I am sure Robert, Melinda, Musicman and some others will respond to your post. They know what they are talking about and will most likely be able to help.

You've surely proven that you are very serious about getting off of the opiates, but it sounds like you are at the end of your rope.

mags
    You are not alone, I am in my 29th day today and as far as the roller-coaster ride...I know it well. Hell on earth big-time. Some days are definately better than others. I still am not myself and at night I still cannot sleep and I still feel like I'm coming out of my skin at times. I will tell you that I have nutrionally tried to do things right and so I am drinking lots of protein and taking lots of vitamins. My head hurts a lot. I am not nearly myself, however, I do know that I am better than I was so I do see a light at the end of the tunnel. Depending on your symptoms and their severity, it might be wise to go see a suboxone Dr. who would be willing to prescribe and then follow the rules of Robert_325 and his taper. He will help you. I decided that after 20 days I would stick it out, but knowing how hard it can be from moment to moment, it is not for the faint of heart. This is tough stuff. Know that we support your efforts at getting clean...hit some meeting if you can and very best of luck. I will pray.
    Donna
    Gratefulforfina likes this.

Thank you both for your responses to my post. It helps so much just to know there are other people out there who have experience with what I'm going through.
    As far as getting another prescription for Suboxone, I really don't want to go that route; mainly because after this past month, I don't ever want to touch the stuff again! I am also pretty proud of myself for grinning and bearing it this long; I would hate to throw that all away.
    The past couple of days have been okay, just minor bouts of anxiety; but the nights have been the same. It takes a couple hours to fall asleep; I feel very restless. I just really keep squinting for the light at the end of the tunnel, and promising myself I will never have to go through this again!

ddosher is offline Member

Default Keep coming back...

Thank you both for your responses to my post. It helps so much just to know there are other people out there who have experience with what I'm going through.
    As far as getting another prescription for Suboxone, I really don't want to go that route; mainly because after this past month, I don't ever want to touch the stuff again! I am also pretty proud of myself for grinning and bearing it this long; I would hate to throw that all away.
    The past couple of days have been okay, just minor bouts of anxiety; but the nights have been the same. It takes a couple hours to fall asleep; I feel very restless. I just really keep squinting for the light at the end of the tunnel, and promising myself I will never have to go through this again!
    Glad to hear you are still hanging in. I cannot blame you for not wanting to go back on suboxone...how many days now since you jumped? Before I did this to myself, I had always been the "doer" and the "worker". Everyone around me is very concerned, because now I am having a hard time finding my way out of a paper bag. I see the look of horror on their faces and I can put myself in their place. This is what drugs can do. The price for me is sitting at the bottom for awhile, getting to know it well, until I can advance back up to the top. I believe I will, just a matter of time and surrender. 32 days ago I began to change my life. I am hitting meetings whenever I can and I am reading the literature that tells my story over and over again. Don't give up, and DON'T go back. If you do, you WILL find yourself back here and it could be in many years before that happens. PLEASE don't waste that precious time. Best of luck to you.

Donna

I used to be the same way, always busy. Ever since 15 I have had at LEAST two jobs, three while in college. Then, I had my first herniation and it was all down hill from there. I had always been the kind of person to never stay in the house for longer than a few waking hours, and once I was on all the pain meds, I would go days without even seeing sunlight!
    My last dose of suboxone was on March 8th. So that makes today my 32nd day as well. So we really are going through the same feelings, huh? Congratulations on making it so far! And thanks again for the support, it really means a lot to me. It does feel nice to see glimpses of my "pre back problem" self.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

I used to be the same way, always busy. Ever since 15 I have had at LEAST two jobs, three while in college. Then, I had my first herniation and it was all down hill from there. I had always been the kind of person to never stay in the house for longer than a few waking hours, and once I was on all the pain meds, I would go days without even seeing sunlight!
    My last dose of suboxone was on March 8th. So that makes today my 32nd day as well. So we really are going through the same feelings, huh? Congratulations on making it so far! And thanks again for the support, it really means a lot to me. It does feel nice to see glimpses of my "pre back problem" self.

You're amazing to have survived this the way you did it! I wish that I could have talked to you before you did this cold turkey but being where you are now I would stick it out too. Congratulations on having so much tenacity and persistence. I bet you'll remember this for the rest of your life. Hang in there. God bless.

Thank you for your kind words Robert. I also wish I had found this site before I stopped, but it is what it is. Looking on the bright side of things, however, I WILL remember this for the rest of my life. That will be a great motivator to stay off.
    I am very proud of myself....and I am really looking forward to being completely ride of the withdrawal symptoms. I must say that simply lurking around this site has really helped me. It helps to know people out there share your story.

Default Question

Hello again, sorry to bother everyone but I just had a question. I am at day 37 with no suboxone right now, the only thing I have take is the 40 mgs oxycodone about 15 days ago or so. The past 2 days I have been back to chills and major anxiety soooo bad. am i starting over?

Magdalena12 is offline Member

Hello again, sorry to bother everyone but I just had a question. I am at day 37 with no suboxone right now, the only thing I have take is the 40 mgs oxycodone about 15 days ago or so. The past 2 days I have been back to chills and major anxiety soooo bad. am i starting over?
    Dear 2young-

Hi, good to hear from you! I don't have any answers for you, as I am fairly new to the suboxone tapering thing (stopped Methadone 1 month ago tomorrow and Norco 2 1/2 weeks ago) per Robert's schedule, but I do want to congratulate you on your perseverence! You had a tumble but I see you got right back up rode! You have done soooo well. I don't think I would have been able to get off opiates the way you did!

As far as the symptoms you are having now, I am sure Robert, Melinda or some one with far more knowledge than I will get back to you soon.

Hang in there kiddo.

Mags

NO!!! This has GOT to be over for you soon. Wish you hadn't taken the oxy but it's done. Just move forward.

This can't possibly last too much longer. Buprenorphine w/d lasts for SO LONG when you cold turkey off it at too high a dose or take it too long and then stop abruptly. But this is starting to get ridiculous. You have to start feeling better soon.

It's like you said ... it is what it is with the way you've stopped. Hang in there a little longer, you'll make it as long as you don't use again. God bless.

bobbyg88 is offline New Member

Default Day 2

I wish I would've never read some of these posts, since the effects of suboxone clearly differs for each person. I have 20 months clean with the exception of suboxone. I work a good program: meetings, sponsor, step work, etc.. Due to financial constraints, it's time for me to be off suboxone. I wish I could've done a lower taper, but it could be worse. Several years ago I did a cold turkey 32 mg drop and it wasn't horrible. This time I was able to wean to 8mg and I'm now on day 2. So far, not too bad but I know that day 4,5,6 are the worst. I really don't like suboxone but I'm an addict and haven't felt strong enough to break free. It's the one thing holding me back, especially since I'm doing all the work required to succeed. I'm expecting a bad 2 weeks and am prepared to stick it out. I know that I will some help because my addict is strong and waiting to pounce!! God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-27-2011 at 01:09 AM.

tired2 is offline Senior Member

Hi 2young4this...I have been on opiate's for years and was put on Subs 16mg which was to high of a dose without a proper induction till I found this site ...Robert got me down to 8mg and stable that was back in mid March and it took me a good 3 months to get off the Subs but I did it ....yes there were rough patches but I have been Opiate Free for 5 weeks now ....
    I would not take any pain pills if you have jumped off the Subs for that long at such a high dose...thats just prolonging your w/d most of us have to taper 25% every 4 days till we get as low a .25 and then skip days...Subs are very potent drug...I tapered every 3 days ...
    So if you truely want off please don't take any pain pills...

Pam

PSsalgal is offline Junior Member

Default wowowow suboxone withdrawal

I am now on day thirty of tapering off suboxone. I was on 150 mg oxycodone for pain not fun. I can't handle withdrawal. The docs don't tell you that you also get wd from suboxone. So, I started with 20 mg for five days, down to 12, and so forth and now after 30 days am on 14 mg. Tomorrow I am cutting way down. I can't believe the docs RXd 30 mg but I knew better. I am scared and do not want to go through withdrawals. I will cut down to 2 mg for five days and then only a pinch... if it gets bad, gosh I don't know. I am working with doc who is giving me stuff to help any ideas or suggestions to what I am doing would really help. Thanks so much

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PSsalgal View Post
    I am now on day thirty of tapering off suboxone. I was on 150 mg oxycodone for pain not fun. I can't handle withdrawal. The docs don't tell you that you also get wd from suboxone. So, I started with 20 mg for five days, down to 12, and so forth and now after 30 days am on 14 mg. Tomorrow I am cutting way down. I can't believe the docs RXd 30 mg but I knew better. I am scared and do not want to go through withdrawals. I will cut down to 2 mg for five days and then only a pinch... if it gets bad, gosh I don't know. I am working with doc who is giving me stuff to help any ideas or suggestions to what I am doing would really help. Thanks so much
    Hi ps
    are you saying you are on 14mg now if so I would not drop to 2mg that fast
    you should drop by 25% every four or five days..
    Talk to you later, Melinda

Breezybri is offline New Member

Default Suboxone withdrawals suck!!!!

I was on suboxone for a year and 2 months. My dr probably would of kept me on it for years but I was sick of being dependent on it so I decided to go to an inpatient detox and they tapered me off suboxone in 4 days. They said I would experience little or no withdrawals. My last suboxone dose was 10 days ago. I felt ok the day after my last dose and then the day I left detox I felt pretty bad. Days 3-5 were the worst! Anxiety, chills, legs kicking, no energy, can't sleep, no motivation, depressed, my whole body ached and I only got out of bed if I had to pee. Today is day 10 and everyday I feel a tiny bit better. I still have chills, can't sleep for more than 3 hours a night, have anxiety and depression, body is still very sore. I just hope this is over soon!!!!

Roxyhell is offline New Member

Default Day 2 and going nuts!!!

I am new to this site but it seems helpful for my current problem. For at least nine months everyday now I have snorted 60-120mg of Roxicodone. As you all know this is a crazy expensive habbit and it just becomes to hard to maintain.So my sweetie and I are quitting cold turkey! (ouch) so, this is day two and I am going out of my mind. I don't do so bad as long as I don't move a lot or try to sleep. I can't eat and am always running to the bathroom. I just hide in my dark room and type on this forum! So, here is my big thing, my honey seems just fine. Hopped up this morning and went to work. Am I crazy or is he just superhuman?

Micpic23 is offline New Member

Angry Day 13 off 8mg Suboxone and still having withdrawals

Hey I took 8mg of Suboxone for past 3 years and I completely stopped taking it 13 days ago.. I know I should have tapered down but never could find the will power to do it. Now I am really struggling on how to stay clean bc if seems this will never end. I cant sleep and being up all night drives me crazy. Plus i have all the other withdrawal symptoms except for throwing up. I was just wondering if anyone else has stopped at 8mg before after taking it for along time and when will I start to feel better. I have a family to take care of but right now i am useless and each day loosing more hope. Just looking for any advice on how long or what i could do to feel a little better. I been moving around and swimming a little.. Hot baths really seem to help cramps. I take cramp pills that are 100% natural but doesnt seem to work. And I load my boad up with Icy Hot and that doesnt really help.. any info would be great.. Thanks... I feel like i am loosing it..

Quote Originally Posted by Micpic23 View Post
    Hey I took 8mg of Suboxone for past 3 years and I completely stopped taking it 13 days ago.. I know I should have tapered down but never could find the will power to do it. Now I am really struggling on how to stay clean bc if seems this will never end. I cant sleep and being up all night drives me crazy. Plus i have all the other withdrawal symptoms except for throwing up. I was just wondering if anyone else has stopped at 8mg before after taking it for along time and when will I start to feel better. I have a family to take care of but right now i am useless and each day loosing more hope. Just looking for any advice on how long or what i could do to feel a little better. I been moving around and swimming a little.. Hot baths really seem to help cramps. I take cramp pills that are 100% natural but doesnt seem to work. And I load my boad up with Icy Hot and that doesnt really help.. any info would be great.. Thanks... I feel like i am loosing it..

I'm very serious here! If you've been on 8mg for three years and stopped abruptly you'll be lucky if you don't end up in the hospital. I've done this for years and can help you but you have to do exactly what I say. Blow off the Icy Hot. This is WAY out of the league of Icy Hot.

You need to get stable again and then I can properly taper you down in a matter of sixty days. Been using the same process for a long time. I KNOW HOW TO HELP YOU IF YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME. Let me know if you want me to help you. God bless.

Bearcat20 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I'm very serious here! If you've been on 8mg for three years and stopped abruptly you'll be lucky if you don't end up in the hospital. I've done this for years and can help you but you have to do exactly what I say. Blow off the Icy Hot. This is WAY out of the league of Icy Hot.

You need to get stable again and then I can properly taper you down in a matter of sixty days. Been using the same process for a long time. I KNOW HOW TO HELP YOU IF YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME. Let me know if you want me to help you. God bless.
    I will listen! Pls help. Was on subtext 2 mg per day for 3 yrs. I tapered slowly and have been off for 3 weeks. Still feel like death

helly1080 is offline New Member

Default Need your Suboxone Taper Recipe

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat20 View Post
    I will listen! Pls help. Was on subtext 2 mg per day for 3 yrs. I tapered slowly and have been off for 3 weeks. Still feel like death

Hi there,
    This is a message for Robert. Could you please send me your directions for your sixty day taper? I made the same stupid mistake that many others have made and quit cold turkey. I made 11 days until I took half of a strip yesterday (4 mgs). I feel better now, but I really need to taper and would love to have you successfully tested taper program. I am very new to this forum. Do you know how to an email to me or do I need to contact you or what? Would appreciate any help you could give me.

Quote Originally Posted by helly1080 View Post
    Hi there,
    This is a message for Robert. Could you please send me your directions for your sixty day taper? I made the same stupid mistake that many others have made and quit cold turkey. I made 11 days until I took half of a strip yesterday (4 mgs). I feel better now, but I really need to taper and would love to have you successfully tested taper program. I am very new to this forum. Do you know how to an email to me or do I need to contact you or what? Would appreciate any help you could give me.

Here is the sub taper plan I use. I don't usually do this by email as I'm so busy on the forum. Let me know how I can help you.

4mg was entirely too much to take yesterday at once after being off eleven days. You should read the INDUCTION section in the link and let me re-induct you. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html
    thatmom likes this.

Bearcat20 is offline New Member

FWIW earlier this week my doc scripted me Mirapex (L-Dopa) and it worked WONDERS for the RLS. I actually got 1/2 decent sleep the first night after taking it. I got pretty good sleep the following night and got damnear a full night last night. I only used the Mirapex for 2.5 days and stopped it with no ill effects.

For those sufferin sleepless nights due to RLS, I highly recommend L-Dopa.

Manny33 is offline New Member

Hey Robert how are you? I'm only on my 7th day Suboxone withdrawal from using 8mg to 12 mg some days. I stopped cold turkey. The first couple days were a night mare. It's day 7 for me and all I can think of is taking 1 Percocet or Vic to help me get through the day. Is this normal to think? Should I go back on Suboxone ? I honestly don't want to go back to Suboxone because of how long the withdrawals are but if it's going to help me and there's a good explanation to why ,I will consider it.

GoingStrong2013 is offline New Member

Hello. I am currently also tapering off of Suboxone, I started taking it about 4 years ago. I was on it way too long, it was not planned that way. Bad things would happen and I would put off the tapering process. But finally, one day I woke up and Said I am ready. When I started taking it I was on 8mg per day. I then a few months later went to about 6mg per day and then to 4mg a day not long after that. So I was on 4mg a day the majority of those 4yrs. I began my taper about 6 months ago. Doing it slow has been nearly painless. If you have the time, patience, and money I would so recommend doing it slow. My experience has been great, even though all of the horror stories I've heard. I am now on about 0.30mg per day and it is just now starting to get a little rough. Its not terrible, but I do have the anxiety & neck pain, headaches, etc. I would drop 1mg about every 3-4 weeks depending on how I felt. I went from 4mg to 3mg, then to 2.5mg then to 2 and so on. I had it to 1mg then went to 0.75, then 0.5 and now I have made it to 0.30. I am trying hard to be strong and I am almost there. The end is tougher than I thought.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

You need to hang tough at this dose: get stable before you drop any further: go to prescription drug addiction and then to the suboxone board. You will get more responses there. Hold at the .3 until you get stable. The end is tough, especially if you've been on subs for awhile and you do not get stable at a dose before you drop. Good luck to you. You can do this.

Peace,

Iloerose

GoingStrong2013 is offline New Member

Thank you so much Iloerose! That is the first time I posted anything. It feels good to know im not alone and to see a response. I will do that

Member21 is offline Junior Member

I tapered off of 4 mg suboxone down to 0.5 then 4 days of 1/4 film then 1/8. I have already missed a week of work and this is day4 of none whatsoever. I thout I was through the worst but last night i started with restless legs and today I am jittery with anxiety. How much longer does this last. I walked and sweated, drink water but it doesn't let up. it is going to get worse? Doctor told me to take 2mg for a month the stop. Boy was he wrong. I had another dr prescribe 05 Lorazpam which is nothing.
    Any idea how long this will last?

ChefHuey is offline New Member

Red face

Hello,
    I was on a prescribed Suboxone treatment for almost 6 years. I started at 24 mg and stayed there for about 3.5 years. I then tapered to 16 mg and stayed there for about 1 year, then I slowly tapered down to 4mg over the a 1 year period. The lower I cut my dose the harder it was to stick with it. I finely tried to cut to 2mg. and the withdraw was very uncomfortable. I figured why keep paying the doctor if I am going to be so uncomfortable, so I jumped off. ((I WENT TO A TREATMENT CENTER FOR THE ACCUTE WITHDRAW) the first 14 days were hell), no sleep, tremors, sweets, sick to stomach, all that stuff. Then came the long term PAWS. Post Acute Withdraw Syndrome. I am at day 53 and still have some back pain, some intestinal distress & trouble sleeping (about 4 hours a night). All typical with PAWS. The good news is that it is slowly starting to let up. Everyday gets a little more tolerable. I have been told that PAWS can last for 3 month to one year. With most of the folks that I have spoken with coming off of Suboxone they started to feel some what normal after 60 days. It all depends on your body and how much it has changed.
    FYI, I didn't find much would help with the discomfort. Exercise helped ( but when you feel this bad were is the motivation)LOL. Eating right, (no junk food) helped. but for the most part, I found nothing helps the general discomfort, except TIME.
    Good Luck and hang in there, I does get better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena12 View Post
    Dear 2young4this-

mags
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-16-2014 at 11:20 AM.

ChefHuey is offline New Member

Red face

Hello,
    I was on a prescribed Suboxone treatment for almost 6 years. I started at 24 mg and stayed there for about 3.5 years. I then tapered to 16 mg and stayed there for about 1 year, then I slowly tapered down to 4mg over the a 1 year period. The lower I cut my dose the harder it was to stick with it. I finely tried to cut to 2mg. and the withdraw was very uncomfortable. I figured why keep paying the doctor if I am going to be so uncomfortable, so I jumped off. The first 14 days were hell, no sleep, tremors, sweets, sick to stomach, all that stuff. Then came the long term PAWS. Post Acute Withdraw Syndrome. I am at day 53 and still have some back pain, some intestinal distress & trouble sleeping (about 4 hours a night). All typical with PAWS. The good news is that it is slowly starting to let up. Everyday gets a little more tolerable. I have been told that PAWS can last for 3 month to one year. With most of the folks that I have spoken with coming off of Suboxone they started to feel some what normal after 60 days. It all depends on your body and how much it has changed.
    FYI, I didn't find much would help with the discomfort. Exercise helped ( but when you feel this bad were is the motivation)LOL. Eating right, (no junk food) helped. but for the most part, I found nothing helps the general discomfort.
    Good Luck and hang in there, I does get better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena12 View Post
    Dear 2young4this-

mags

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast