Is it possible to switch to Dihydrocodeine to get off Subutex
    Excalibar is offline Junior Member

Default Is it possible to switch to Dihydrocodeine to get off Subutex

I dont know, some say they have done it to switching to tramadol or kratom etc but i was wonder if one can switch to Dihydrocodeine from 1mg of subutex and then taper the Dihydrocodeine for few weeks, in that way at least some of the sub will be gone from the body and maybe help allivate the withdrawals?.

Any suggestions, info and input will be appreciated.

Thank you.

ARTIST658 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibar View Post
    I dont know, some say they have done it to switching to tramadol or kratom etc but i was wonder if one can switch to Dihydrocodeine from 1mg of subutex and then taper the Dihydrocodeine for few weeks, in that way at least some of the sub will be gone from the body and maybe help allivate the withdrawals?.

Any suggestions, info and input will be appreciated.

Thank you.

I'm confused. Are you serious about getting clean? The subs were intended to ease the withdrawals from other narcotics. It makes no sense to turn to another narcotic, to get off the subs. You can't keep jumping back and forth between different narcotics to avoid withdrawal altogether, if you ever want to be successful at stopping. At some point, you just have to stop - get off the roller coaster.

Have you read the info available on this site for suboxone/subutex? It also spells out how to go about stopping the subs: https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

God bless - I pray you find success in your journey.

Well i've been on the sub for 5 years now and the withdrawals from sub are just as worse as methadone's so i assumed switching to a short acting opiate much just help allivate the symptoms. Some people have done it using tramdol and kratom and others and somone recently used the dihydrcodeine and it worked for them so thats why i asked if its a possiblity. I dont intend to chase a high, infact my mindset changed a long time ago, all i want is to be clean, all i would so is use dihydrocodeine to help the symptoms thats all and taper those. If one has changed their addictive personality/behaviour then you wont get addicted or dependent unless you let yourself.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

The link that Ruth gave you to taper off the subs works. I wrote it, used it myself, and I used drugs 35 years. LOTS of people here have been successful with the process in the link. THAT is how you get off subs. I have worked with people in Europe that been on buprenorphine for ten years or more. You don't need codiene. Following the info in the link is the best way to stop subs I guarantee. Did it myself and never had any problems. What have you got to lose but a bad habit? I doubt very seriously that the subs are doing you any good after five years.

ARTIST658 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibar View Post
    If one has changed their addictive personality/behaviour then you wont get addicted or dependent unless you let yourself.
    Please don't fool yourself into believing that you are now "cured" of addiction. Addiction is not merely a personality trait nor a behavior; it is a disease.

There are many definitions of addiction, but one predominant word in any definition I have ever read is that addiction is a chronic disease. Chronic - meaning "marked by long duration or frequent occurence" or "always present or encountered." You can arrest the symptoms of this disease by not feeding it -- but you can not avoid that once you have it, you have it for life.

Am sorry but i cant believe addiction is a dieases, its not diebetes or anything and can be cured if we let it be. What about People who been using for several years yet stopped and have been clean for many years? aren't they Human?. Am sorry but i have my opinions and i belive ppl who say its a dieases are in-denial and making excuses. Its choice, we choose to do the things we do, we choose to feel the way we do, otherwise we might aswell take something addciting all our lives, why should our lives be so different to other people who never touched a substance?. I've seen many people hooked on >>>>>>, crack, meth etc yet stopped their habit and have been clean for all their lives, they dont even be tempted when they come across other addicts, what does that show ya?. If you truly concenrate on whats important i.e family, parents, Faith (if u believe) then addiction or substances dont even come into it. Some might say addicts choose to be weak, some might say its a dieases but people have their own opinions. I never claimed to cure my so called addiction but do claim to never touch a substance i.e >>>>>> again or take anything esle to chase a high. I didnt want to be on sub for 5 years but i was mis-informed and going through a bad patch. I have tapered to 1mgs from 12mg (i think) in the last 6 months so if i didnt want to be clean i would not have made it thus far.

Thanks Robert for the link, really appreciate it, but am just concerned about the 4 day reduction issue, i think i may need a touch longer then 4 days to reduce as you have to stablize mentally aswell as pshcally and considering the half-life of sub too. I do agree about the 25% and everything esle but since am a long-timer i may need a extra day or 2 but defeintly am following your plan and thanks again.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

TRY the four days. If you can't do it take six days. If you think going to another drug is easier than the taper YOU'RE WRONG! I've been doing this for a long time and I know what I'm talking about.

One thing I will add. Addiction doesn't HAVE to be a disease for life. When I became born again in Christ my old addictions left, I am a new person in Christ, no way that I am an addict.

I promise if you'll work that link like it says you'll make it. I was doing 900-1000mg per day of oxy, 20mg a day of xanax, 8mg klonopin and 20-25 soma a day plus recreational drugs. I've been clean almost 8 years in June and I'm no addict.

All you have to lose is a bad habit. God bless.

melaniecah is offline New Member

Default help

have been reading alot of posts on here. I see robert 325 has alot of experience with suboxone. My husband and I have been addicred to opiates for over 4 years now long story, recently pretty heavily. and were just so sick of it all of it the money the addiction the withdraws when you cant find anyrhing. well anyways his friend found someone that had had suboxone but only six of them so we bought them. The last time we used any opiates was on thursday night 2/11/10. we started taking the subs on saturday. at 2mg at a time it has kept us from going through any withdrawls and we have been functioning just fine. the guy my husband got the subs off of was getting more and he called last nite to say he had them so we were happy because we wanted to stay on them for a couple weeks and slowly taper off them ive read alot of your post and instructions for doing so, well unforunatley the sub guy is an heavy opiate addict and wanted us to find him oxys last nite and we wernt able to so now hes not gonna give us the suboxone. the guy was supposed to be a friend and is not. so we took our last 2mg dose today which i already know we wernt on it long enough how bad are the withdrawls gonna be? we still have to function go to work take care of our childeren etc.. we really do not want relapse I just hope we'll make it through this. any advice would help alot thanks melanie ps I'm not really sure where to post to get some advice i'm new to this

Thanks Rob. Were u ever on sub? if so how long.

Thanks again and am following your plan.

Shankzy77 is offline New Member

Default subutex

iv tried to use dihydracodeine to taper off subutex and it caused more problems for me, per chance I came across pregabilin which isn't an opiate but a strong painkiller when I stopped subutex I took 300 ml of pregabilin and it spaced me out a bit but seriously alleviated the worst of my discomfort, I did this for 7 days and stopped pregabilin also, things were a bit on the bright side for a few days but I slept and every day after that was better than the next.