Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By PreggoAhelp
  • 1 Post By Iluv2smile
Pregnant and Tapering off Sub
    PreggoAhelp is offline New Member

Default Pregnant and Tapering off Sub

I need support and a positive taper plan to push me to finish this. I keep getting hung up and I'm now 23 weeks and in 1mg. I refuse to be on this while my baby is born, it is not an option. Someone please help me..I'm so scared as this is my first baby and it took so long for God to bless us. All I want us to be clean for him..for myself

I read so many posts on here, most recently Rennie86 and I know I can do this, I just need the support, confidence and structure. Please someone reach back out..

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there..
    Yes Rennies thread is amazing
    She is one strong lady..

You can do it too..
    How long have you been at 1 mg
    How many times a day do you dose?

How are you feeling on 1 mg?
    I will get back in a little bit..

Bette

All these answers will determine the next best way for you to do this..
    I will be back

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by PreggoAhelp View Post
    I need support and a positive taper plan to push me to finish this. I keep getting hung up and I'm now 23 weeks and in 1mg. I refuse to be on this while my baby is born, it is not an option. Someone please help me..I'm so scared as this is my first baby and it took so long for God to bless us. All I want us to be clean for him..for myself

Hello. You have time to taper and get off the sub before the baby arrives. Have to do this slow and steady. No hurrying to this ok. Take your time and follow the plan closely. Heres my suggestion for you….

How long have you been on the 1mg dose? Just curious.

Remain on the 1mg for 3-5 more days. Then reduce that by 25% which makes your new dose a total of .75mg per day. Stay on .75mg for 4-7 days then reduce again by 25% and that makes your next dose a total of .5mg (rounded off).

Stay on .5mg for 4-7 days then again reduce by 25% to .375mg. Stay on .375mg for 4-7 days then reduce again by 25% down to .25mg per day. Almost there at this point.

Stay on .25mg 4-7 days then reduce again to half of that or .125mg per day. A tiny dose but a very important one. Stay on the dose 4-7 days then begin the day skipping process.

The day skipping goes like this. After 4-7 days on .125mg you skip the next days dose. Dose .125mg the following day then skip the next 2 days. Dose again and skip 3 days. Dose one final time and you're finished.

The reason I say reduce every 4-7 days is important. After 4 days on a dose if you're stable with lottle to no wd's the go ahead and reduce. If you're not stable after 4 days you should remain on that dose 2-3 days longer to get stable. Do that with all doses.

That's my suggestion. It works and you'll be off in penty of time.

All the best to you. Ask all the questions you have.

Randy

Thank you so much for the quick replies, I feel so much better knowing you are here to help and support me with this. I have been on 1mg about two weeks steady (jumped up a little higher sometimes during stress) and I will do whatever you tell me to, slow and steady. I too like Rennie do not have a sub Dr anymore and have not told my OB since I don't have a Dr or valid script. Just a stockpile and I was weening before we actually got pregnant. I honestly never thought it would happen but now all I want is my son to enter this world healthy and to be a healthy Mommy for him. My husband knows all about this and tries his best to support and help but it's just not the same when you've never been through it and your not carrying our baby. I usually dose twice a day but I have been reading once a day is the best so I will start that tomorrow if you suggest? I will also do as Randy stated and follow the plan to a tee. Thank you again for everything and I will check in as much as possible as I really need the support. You are wonderful, caring, giving people and I hope once I get through this I can help others too. I can't thank you enough for the hope and happiness you have brought me...

If it helps I have also been on subs about 9 months and I am steady at 1mg..just the typical pregnancy stuff now. Thanks again, this means the world..

Amie
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-07-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Amie..

I
    I think Randy suggested 3-5 more days..
    Since you have been on 1 mg 9 months.
    Then start dosing 1 time a day for 4 days .
    Just to get stable on the change of ingestion.

The most important thing about sub
    Is getting a steady amount in your blood >>>>>>
    Especially when you get to lower doses.

I went down to
    0.125 mg
    after that I did skip days..
    If I remember right I think Rennie ended up doing skip days too
    And that is what made the difference..

Hopefully you are drinking
    Lots of water
    Or Gatorade
    Juices
    Sub can dehydrate you and that can make you feel crummy..
    I will check tomorrow ..
    Take care

Just relax
    You are going do just fine
    Way before your baby arrives..@
    That alone should comfort you..
    You are in good hands..
    Lots of success stories on here
    Bette

Bette,
    I will do the 1mg for 3 to 5 more days as Randy said and try to dose once in the morning. I am drinking as much water as I can for the little one and trying to be as healthy as possible besides the sub ( I know it's not unhealthy, I just want to be 100% clean and worry-free). I will try my best to relax now as I know I am in good hands, thank you. Thank you again for everything and I will check in tomorrow! Have a wonderful evening and thank you again from the bottom of my heart!

Amie
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Quick Question, is it going to be possible to work through this? I know it's a slow taper and I will have minor discomfort but I need to be able to save my time off for when the baby is born. It's not a hue deal and I will make it work either way to be clean, I was just wondering..thanks again!

I worked through it all
    And I believe Randy did too..
    I was off a few weeks but it had nothing to do with the sub.
    I broke my toes.

It was much easier for me the days I worked..
    I only work 3 days a week
    12 hrs a day..
    My off days were the hardest .
    Not impossible
    But definitely harder because I didn't have a routine.

I would say99% of people who have done this a
    Would say it was easier to be busy..
    See you tomorrow..
    Bette
    Armytroop19 likes this.

Bette,

You are truly amazing and right there for me with this early process. You are an angel and I'm so thankful God has put you in my life right now..thank you and I will check in tomorrow!

Amie

Quick Question, is it going to be possible to work through this? I know it's a slow taper and I will have minor discomfort but I need to be able to save my time off for when the baby is born. It's not a hue deal and I will make it work either way to be clean, I was just wondering..thanks again!

Amie - Getting off any powerful drug is never intended to be an easy accomplishment. But it doesn't have to be horrible either. If you have the mindframe that you're getting off no matter what then any symptoms you do happen to have really won't matter so much.

I REALLY wanted off and told myself over and over that no matter how severe the symptoms got I was going to continue my taper plan and jump when the time came. I expected a few nasty symptoms, but was overjoyed when all I really experienced was a tiny bit of discomfort.

I worked every single day through my taper. Never missed a day, not even an hour because of it. It really does help to stay as busy as possible because the time goes much faster. If you are laying around the house watching the clock time stands still. Minutes seem like hours. Working is a real good thing during any taper. After work maybe you can go for a walk. Staying busy is key to this I believe, along with positive thinking.

You have the right attitude Amie, you are going to do very well.

Randy

Hi Randy,

Just a quick checkin this morning. I woke up several times in the night which is typical and then decided to take my dose at 5:30am since I didn't have to be at work until later this morning. Do you think that is a mistake? I took it all at once and that may be an issue later today but I will work through it. The sub usually helps me sleep and calms my anxiety, that's what Im most nervous about but in time it will pass and my body will return to normal, I'm sure. It may be tough but I am 100% committed to doing this right and doing whatever you instruct me too. Thank you again and I hope you and Bette have a wonderful day!

A

Hi Randy,

Just a quick checkin this morning. I woke up several times in the night which is typical and then decided to take my dose at 5:30am since I didn't have to be at work until later this morning. Do you think that is a mistake? I took it all at once and that may be an issue later today but I will work through it. The sub usually helps me sleep and calms my anxiety, that's what Im most nervous about but in time it will pass and my body will return to normal, I'm sure. It may be tough but I am 100% committed to doing this right and doing whatever you instruct me too. Thank you again and I hope you and Bette have a wonderful day!

A

Hi Aime. It's ok you took the sub a bit early. Just know much of this is such a mental battle that's difficult to get past. We're so use to taking more and more of our drug of choice. Our mind and body is use to that. With sub less is more meaning the less you take the better you'll usually feel. Our brain gets in the way sometimes and makes you believe you need sub NOW. Not saying it can't help or isn;t sometimes needed, just saying your head can really mess with you sometimes. I sure went round and round dealing with it.

It's important to take the same amount of sub at the same time each day. That will keep a steady and level amount of sub in your system at all times. Taking it earlier or later than usual a time or two won't really upset anything. But if you begin taking it at all kinds of different times during the day and/or night that can easily lead to problems trying to stabilize. No worries, you'll be just fine.

As far as worrying about how you feel later in the day/evening if taking just one dose of sub daily that too can be all mental. Because of the strength of sub a single dose will last 24 hours, at least. So 1mg, even .75 or .5mg will last until the following days dose.

But if you're really worried about it, and if you do feel some symptoms later in the day or evening, it's perfectly ok to split your dose taking it twice daily. If you feel that will make a difference the go for it. Nothing at all wrong with splitting the dose, Aime!

Randy
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-08-2015 at 01:20 PM.

Randy,

Thank you, I really needed that post from you. To be honest I really got in my head today, I let you down but most importantly myself and my baby. I'm used to reaching for the crutch at any stress, any fall of energy, anything I deem is an issue and I was doing ok with that until today. I think taking my dose all at once this morning really messed with my head and I ended up reaching for a rescue dose I didn't even need this afternoon. I messed up, dosed twice and more than 1mg. I'm just sick over it and it really got me upset. I know I won't make that mistake again and I just think at this point it's best to dose twice, at least 12 hours apart. What do you think? I also spoke with my husband and we decided he would dose me daily so I couldn't reach for it just because anymore, it's the only way I am going to get past this and keep it stable. I have a lot of guilt right now and I feel like I really let you down. Here you are taking your time to help me and I didn't even think, I was just hurting myself for something I didn't even need. I'm truly sorry and maybe I'm being too hard on myself but I just really feel like a disappointment. I'm going to start fresh tomorrow with the help of my husband and I will get this. I understand if you can't offer your guidance anymore, I already made a mistake in my taper and again I thank you for your time. It was just a very bad day but that's no excuse, I didn't need that dose and like you said, it did nothing. If anything I feel worse and I let my mind win. Tomorrow will be a fresh start and I'm not going to get in my head again. I hope to hear from you again and I thank you for all your advice, it really helps a lot to know I have support..hope you have a wonderful evening!

I'm just going to post my progress for anyone else in my situation. I stable on 1mg and I'm going to drop to .75 tomorrow. I plan on staying there about 4 to 5 days then drop again. I was thinking, wouldnt it be better to only take the sub when I absolutely need it, it may be an even lower does than I'm on now? Not sure if anyone will see this but hopefully I can get some help?

davepeerson is offline Platinum Member

Hey Preggo,
    I just saw your Post on My thread!! Thanks for the Kind words!! I will absoiutely Help and give you Support and advice!! I gotta run right now....But sounds like you have a couple Great peeps on board already....in Bette and Randy!! Keep posting On this thread....and i would Love to join them in helping walk You through this!! You have the right attitude....I know You Can Do this!! Talk to You Soon....Until then...Think about that Little Baby Boy.....And Stay Strong Just For Today!! xo

I'm just going to post my progress for anyone else in my situation. I stable on 1mg and I'm going to drop to .75 tomorrow. I plan on staying there about 4 to 5 days then drop again. I was thinking, wouldnt it be better to only take the sub when I absolutely need it, it may be an even lower does than I'm on now? Not sure if anyone will see this but hopefully I can get some help?

No, DO NOT begin taking the sub on an "as needed" basis or "only when you absolutely need it" because that will eventually give you more problems/trouble that you want or need. It's extremely important to take each dose each day at the same time(s). Don't skip a dose or take it when you feel like it. Stay on course if you want to get off and have few problems, if any.

The taper works!

I gave you a taper plan earlier. Reduce to .75mg when you are stable and ready. Remain there at least 4 days and if stable redecue by 25% again. If not stable after 4 days remain there a day or two longer. Keep reducing by 25% all the way down to either .25mg or .125mg then plan on using the day skipping process.

Randy

Randy,

Thank you and I will continue with the taper and follow it exactly as you posted. I haven't been on the site much, trying to stay busy but I need to keep posting and keep this exactly as you say. I got hung up with the drop and dosing and I'm going to start over tomorrow w .75mg. I got really upset and worried that I needed to just be off now. If I do that it will only cause issues and I'm going to continue to taper. I will post more tomorrow after my day, thank you again!
    Amie