Problems with Lamactil
    drp1963 is offline New Member

Lightbulb Problems with Lamactil

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I am currently taking depakote er 250 mg at night and in the morning. My pdoc is trying me on Lamactil, so I can get off the depakote. I've been on it for 3 years. I was diagnosed Bipolar 1, hypomanic. I also take vistaril 25 mg 3 times a day, and xanax .05 3 times a day. I've gained 50 pounds on the depakote er. The problem I'm having is I am on 25 mg of lamactil at bedtime for now, and I'm having vivid dreams, and all the next day my head feels funny, like I can't collect my thoughts. And my anxiety has tripled. I don't know if this is common or am I having a bad reaction. My chest also feels tight. It has also killed my appetite. Has anyone had these experiences? Should I keep taking it and my body will adjust? I panic when anything doesn't feel right, and this is impairing my ability to function. I should also mention that I was agoraphobic for 25 years and just started getting out of the house about a year ago. I never have depression. I'm just wide open all the time. I don't sleep and am angry a lot. I have tried many antidepressants and they all send me on a trip. I just can't take them. So I welcome your comments. Thanks for reading.

BabeChevy10684 is offline New Member

I would tell my Dr about these side effects especially the chest pain. Any medicine that cause you chest pain need to be stop.