Query - Over-The-Counter Codeine Abuse - upcoming at-home-detox
    Halzel is offline New Member

Default Query - Over-The-Counter Codeine Abuse - upcoming at-home-detox

Good morning. 
    I am a new member to this forum.

I am a perfectly functioning adult female with a job, a partner and a beautiful little toddler girl.

I also have a 40+ pill a day O.T.C opiate addiction that has slowly and surely crept in to take over my existence over the last 2 years to the tune of ingesting over 350mgs of codeine a day.
    I am also a gastric sleeving weightloss patient which means 80% of my stomach has been cut out and I have lost over 64kgs in a year. The risk of me developing severe stomach issues
    Due to the sheer number of ibuprofen and paracetamol laced tablets I consume is much higher and things are getting dicey.

On the 17th of February I am undertaking an at-home-detoxification program for cold turkey cessation of the pills that is supported by a group here called D.A.W.N (drug and alcohol withdrawal network) who will be checking on me daily for about an hour to see how I am going.

My doctor will be prescribing me two things as per D.A.W.N

Halzel is offline New Member

My doctor will be prescribing me two things as per D.A.W.N’s advice, 1. Valium and 2. Clonodine. Forgive me if my spelling is wrong.

My question is, those of you that have taken both Valium and Clonodine, or very similar sister medications for this particular detoxing, did you find that these drugs in combination reduced your withdrawal symptoms exponentially or was it mediocre at best? I am hoping to try to reduce my withdrawals as much as I can. Mentally is where I will most likely suffer the most with anger problems, massive mood swings and depression, so I am crossing my fingers and toes that the drugs they will give me will at least ease the physical symptoms right back so as I can concentrate on keeping myself mentally happy.

I have heard from several members here and other places that have also mentioned energy drinks – what is the idea behind this and should I get some? I am not usually a big one for them but it seems to have helped a lot of people.

Thanks for your input ladies and gents, I really appreciate it.
    Warm regards,

Halzel.

Yes, those medications will help considerably. Clonadine is a bp pill that will help with the general creepy crawlies that wd causes. The valium will help with the anxiety, but it is addictive too. It will help a lot just dont trade one addiction for another. How long will you be on these meds? Congratulations, and good luck