Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kfp1422
Quitting Hydrocodone day 2
    wayne357 is offline Banned

Default Quitting Hydrocodone day 2

Hello all, I've come here in search of a little help. Here's the deal. I've been taking Hydrocodone for about 4 years straight now and believe it or not I have no pain issues. None was prescribed by a doctor, all was bought off the street from people I know. Learned that opiates were my drug of choice long ago at the dentist. I've quit the hydros several times before and me without any self control convinces myself it will be OK and starts taking them again. This time seems to be different. The last two times I quit I wasn't taking as much and for not as long as this time. Here is my schedule for a day. Up at 6:00 take 2-10mg/325mg then 2-10mg every 2 hours for a total of 200mg then I drink myself asleep for the day wash, rinse and repeat the next day. Been doing this for 4 years now without an interruption. They used to motivate me but now they make me super lazy to the point to where I can get nothing done. I guess you can say I've been addicted for the last 10 years stopping for two very brief periods before I relapsed. I'm sick. I took the very last one I had Friday Morning 8:30am June 7. Cold Turkey since then. So I'm in my second day with 3:30pm being 19 hours going on 1000. Every hour, every minute, every second drags by. I have never felt so miserable in my entire life. This is it for me even though the pills have never caused any problems at work. I work full time and do some rental property on the side. It did make me feel better reading some of the post on this board and if for no other reason than getting some time under my belt on this thing posting here. Any advise is welcome but i guess I just need to suck it up and be a man huh? Thanks for listening I feel better already. Wayne

Kfp1422 is offline Member

Wayne welcome to the forums. The first 72 hours is going to be rough but stick with it. What was your dosage? You and I have similar stories as vicodin's were my only weakness.

Here to help.

I did plan for this. Took Friday off to go with the weekend. I hope 3 days is enough. I also hope tonight is better than last night. Last night was total hell. No sleep at all last night or today. Up and down last night sitting on the side of the bed in misery. I glass of chocolate milk, a coke, water then to the bathroom. I've been to the bathroom so many times it's getting sore. Please god don't let me have another night like last. I've seen this forum before but never posted. oh to your question. I was taking around 20 10mg a day 200 mg. I had planned on a tapering down program. I went so far as wrap them in packages individually in aluminum foil marked with a sharpie how many pills was in each. I had 1-9 pill pack 2-8 pill packs 3-7 pill packs 3-6 pill packs on down to just 3-1 pill packs. Didn't work. When I got to the saved tapering down packs I just used then as normal. I'm weak when it comes to opiates and I know it. I have got to get a grip on these things. No problems at work but my girlfriend just left me because of them and she had been extremely patient before. This is it. I through with the pills. I guess it will be a little like quitting the cigarettes. Ritual thing too at work. I took the pills by the clock at work and counting down the minutes till 2 hours was up. Sounds kinda sick don't it. I will beat this no matter how sick I get and I feel like it can't get much worse than last night. Thanks for the support, I will stick with it. Wayne
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-08-2013 at 03:04 PM.

I'm so sorry......I'm a zombie about now. You would think someone would know how much they take if they had a problem with hydros. I do. Let me get it straight this time.

I took 2 10mg pills a day five times for a total of 100mg (one-hundred). sorry......Wayne
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-08-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Heres the thing it will get better but you have to get to day 4. My suggestions no caffeine drink gatorade. Try to take hot showers then lay down. Drink a ton of gatorade and try to find a protein shake as it will help you fight your body breaking down.

Hit me back on how your feeling.

I'm felling really, really bad right now. No sleep, in a zombie fog.

Gatorade or a protein shake sounds OK but I CAN NOT STAY AWAKE ALL NIGHT TONIGHT TOO. This really grabs you hard. I was never even close to going to sleep last night. Not that I have been sleeping good anyway.

Not trying to be funny but how about 8 beers and a vitamin? I can't get my hands on any xanax right now as in The Thomas recipe.

No sleep again tonight. Again. Strange enough though I feel a little better. Head is coming out of the fog. I've sat here for 2 hours and read about others problems and boy do I have it good. Since I have no pain issues to deal with it would be really dumb if I relapse. I love the opiates but they don't love me. I'd just like to say thanks to the fine people that allow this forum. It helped me and educated me. piece. wayne

sumuji is offline Junior Member

You're experiencing what most people go through. Sleep will be a problem for a good while. But at least the physical flu-like symptoms usually start subsiding by day 3-5. People are different so there's no way to say you'll feel better on day X. Pills took over your body's natural chemistry and now your body has to start doing on it's own again and all you can really do is ride it through while trying to relieve symptoms a little bit. It will get easier soon I promise. But then the mental cravings will begin. Be ready for that.

Thanks. You're right about the mental cravings thing. Like I posted before I don't have pain issues so I never had to go to the doctor. I know lots of people that get them on a permanent monthly basis. Way to easy to get. I have even changed my phone number so some would not call me when they get them. Crazy. I just have to get over it and move on with my life. It's really stupid for a grown man to be carrying around pills and eating them like candy. People don't understand. You have to plan everything around them to make sure you're not caught without them. Then there is always the thought of (especially when you're running low) where am I going to get more. I really believe that I've taken them for so long that they have changed me. I have started to get other issues pop up too. Sometimes it gets hard to swallow and feels like i have an issue in my throat. I read here that opiates can cause swollen vocal cords. Another issue is breathing. I would wake up in the middle of the night in a panic where I can't breath well. I'm tired of it can I believe the way I'll beat the "mental cravings" is just think about all the negative issues that goes along with taking them.

I'll tell you something funny. I always liked to take a large dose and go shopping at Lowes, Walmart anywhere really. I called them my shopping pills. Opiates imprint something in your brain to where you remember those fun and exciting things and when I go into Lowes for instance I feel like I'm missing something. Just a funny thought. Peace Wayne

Wayne

You are doing awesome keep it up sleep will come as all things to do.

Lowes and walmart can still be fun as I truly believe the opiates did not define us.

Let me know how you are feeling

What a coincidence Frank, I just finished reading your story. Thanks for the reply of encouragement and the same to you. Just reading your story has helped me. I hope everyone can understand what i was trying to say because when I started this thread I was a complete Zombie. A little clearer now. I've been taking hydros for many years. With a time of 6 months on the Oxycontin. I loved them but the WD's were so bad I convinced myself it was OK to go back to the hydros. I did make a full recovery after the oxy's but slide back to Hyro's again. I've just hit rock bottom and need really bad to live again. I misspoke earlier when I was in a Zombie fog. I took 100mg a day. 2 10mg every 2 or 3 hours. This time the WD's seem different. More intense.
    I was just wondering about something. Like I said I've been on and off Hydros for many years going through WD's many times. Never thought about getting a script for the subs. Why did you decide to do that? That just seems to me like jumping out of the pan and into the fire!
    Anyway thanks again Frank. I'll be following your progress too.

Honestly Wayne I was so afraid of wds from everything I read I believed that the subs would be a miracle drug. They also helped me go to therapy to sort stuff out so my mind would be as ready as possible.

If I knew what I know now I would gave dealt with it in September when I should have but so is life.

You live and learn my man hoping for mutual success.
    wayne357 likes this.

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 06-09-2013 at 03:06 PM.

wayne358 is offline New Member

Frank just wanted to wish you luck in the future. I know from reading your post you will be OK. I'm OK....... I'm close to 3 1/2 days clean and I feel really good. I'm learning how to handle these people trying to sell to me(didn't buy last night) and also I think the mental cravings are going to be different from the past too. Reading about others and yours wd's and issues has helped tremendously. I can tell you're a strong person and will beat this. Good luck in the future man. Wayne

really not sure why I was banned because of the word I said, read many other worse swear words on other threads. that is in the past. these message boards are great and help thousands of people. this helped me. God bless all of you! and good luck

Hey Wayne don't just leave us as I promise we can very much be a great asset for you.

Hope you are doing well

I won't. I will try to hang around in one form or the other.
    Who knows I might just be able to help. I will follow your lead and instruct others to wait for the advice of an advanced member even though I'm experienced with drug withdrawal and abuse I'm not an advanced member on this forum. Was addict to xanax, oxycontin and Hydrocodone. Two horrible xanax detoxes and I can't even count the times I had to come off hydros. When I was a teenager I used MDA, Coke and hallucinogens. (LSD) (microdot) and (blotterblades) Really glad to be clean and I'm staying that way.

Day 6 and the physical WD's are gone. Now it's time to fight the real battle. I've got something for mean ol' mental cravings.........willpower. I'm just tired of being sick and confused. I feel great and good luck to all.

It's been a month now. Still clean. It really does take about a month to feel normal again. Some days are better than others but life goes on.

Thanks and good luck everyone

Worn out is offline New Member

If you are on pills and want off and can afford it I'd suggest a rapid drug detox (Michigan $7800 was the cheapest I found. The ppl that were on pills seem to be doing good now. Now if you are on methadone it's gonna be a longer road. I wish I would have found the RDD while I was still on pills. I was on methadone for 7 1/2 years. ... after 10 years of pills. Been 2 weeks since the procedure. Still very depressed and having a very hard time. PLEASE DON'T EVER GET ON METHADONE! !!!!

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

One of the reasons why you really need to look into rapid detox and why it's not talked about here much is because you detox by basically sleeping through it. It's a relapse waiting to happen. I'm glad you're off the methadone, but I'm not surprised you're still having a hard time, methadone is a very nasty drug and has a long, long half life. IMO it takes more than 2 weeks to detox methadone. I think what you need to do is:

1. exercise to the best extent that you can
    2. stay hydrated, water and gatorade

Get some solid support: AA, NA, CR, therapy, counseling, whatever. NA is a good support group and will help you to get your life on track and learn to live life on life's terms. One of the dangerous things about lingering depression is that it can lead back to using again. I agree with you about the methadone. But with your length of use you need to establish some tools to stay clean and learn how to live your life w/o drugs, NA will help you there or addiction counseling. You need to learn to deal with emotions that were once buried in the methadone. I wish you the best of luck.

Peace,

Iloerose

roadtosobriety is offline New Member

yo wayne... i was just reading your story man. How are you doing? You still off the meds?