Robert325 Please Help Detoxing suboxone Day 17
    hopeful123 is offline New Member

Default Robert325 Please Help Detoxing suboxone Day 17

Just want to say thank you so much for this forum. I've read a lot of the post here. I've found a lot of helpful and hopeful information. I've searched and searched but was unable to find a situation like mine. So I decided to ask for help.

In 2006 I broke my hip. After 18 years of abstinence, I thought I was no longer a drug addict but was I wrong. I became addicted to my pain meds. After two year of using I needed help to detox off of my medication.

I heard about Suboxone from my sister who was a nurse. I went on line found the Buprenorphine web site and believed everything that they told me about the Suboxone treatment and detox. Located a doctor, was place on Suboxone. I was on Suboxone for a year before I attempted to detox. I jump from 4mg; I lasted 14 days in hell, went back on the Suboxone. That was a year ago.

I happen to come across your board about a month ago. I was horrified at what I found out about this drug! and long term use. I detox down to a little less then 2mg a day. I began to be able to skip days and believed I could jump from 1.5mg. I obviously didn’t read all of the post that I should have read. I wanted so badly to be off this drug. I now know it was a very impulsive move I made.

Day 2 I began to go into acute withdrawal. I took 22.5 mg of vicodon the withdrawal stopped. Day 3 went in withdrawal took 22.5mg twice that day. I’m trapped I’ve taken about 45mg of vicodon a day for 16 days. I’m not mentally addicted to the Vicodon yet, but I am afraid I might be physically addicted to it now. The last dose I took was 15mg 8 hrs ago.

I promise myself I wouldn’t take any more of that su-box-one demon ever again, but after reading some of your post Robert I think I might need to go back and taper some more but I afraid I have too much vicodon in system and the suboxone might make me go into acute withdrawal, and The thing is I’m in acute withdrawal from the suboxone because it’s been 18 day since I took suboxone, I haven’t had any vicodon in 8 hr.s. Robert can you help me?

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful123 View Post
    Just want to say thank you so much for this forum. I've read a lot of the post here. I've found a lot of helpful and hopeful information. I've searched and searched but was unable to find a situation like mine. So I decided to ask for help.

In 2006 I broke my hip. After 18 years of abstinence, I thought I was no longer a drug addict but was I wrong. I became addicted to my pain meds. After two year of using I needed help to detox off of my medication.

I heard about Suboxone from my sister who was a nurse. I went on line found the Buprenorphine web site and believed everything that they told me about the Suboxone treatment and detox. Located a doctor, was place on Suboxone. I was on Suboxone for a year before I attempted to detox. I jump from 4mg; I lasted 14 days in hell, went back on the Suboxone. That was a year ago.

I happen to come across your board about a month ago. I was horrified at what I found out about this drug! and long term use. I detox down to a little less then 2mg a day. I began to be able to skip days and believed I could jump from 1.5mg. I obviously didn’t read all of the post that I should have read. I wanted so badly to be off this drug. I now know it was a very impulsive move I made.

Day 2 I began to go into acute withdrawal. I took 22.5 mg of vicodon the withdrawal stopped. Day 3 went in withdrawal took 22.5mg twice that day. I’m trapped I’ve taken about 45mg of vicodon a day for 16 days. I’m not mentally addicted to the Vicodon yet, but I am afraid I might be physically addicted to it now. The last dose I took was 15mg 8 hrs ago.

I promise myself I wouldn’t take any more of that su-box-one demon ever again, but after reading some of your post Robert I think I might need to go back and taper some more but I afraid I have too much vicodon in system and the suboxone might make me go into acute withdrawal, and The thing is I’m in acute withdrawal from the suboxone because it’s been 18 day since I took suboxone, I haven’t had any vicodon in 8 hr.s. Robert can you help me?

Vicodin are fast acting opiates. With 16 days clean from subs I wouldn't go back to them. I would follow the Thomas Recipe. You're at a perfect place at this time to do that and it will help you without getting back on the sub merry go round. Here is the link. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...html#post68110
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-15-2011 at 12:57 AM.

Default Robert325 Please Help Detoxing suboxone Day 17

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Vicodin are fast acting opiates. With 16 days clean from subs I wouldn't go back to them. I would follow the Thomas Recipe. You're at a perfect place at this time to do that and it will help you without getting back on the sub merry go round. Here is the link. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...html#post68110
    Thank you so much Robert for responding so quickly. I'm not certain if I was clear about my symptoms. I still have withdrawal symptoms from the suboxone almost as bad as day 1 off of suboxone without the vicodin. Will the Thomas Recipe work for suboxone withdrawal sympthoms? I thought that was just to detox from pain meds. I hope I'm understanding you correctly. How long do you think I would need to do the Thomas recipe? Thank you again for your kindness. you will forever be in my prayers.

Default Robert325 Please Help Detoxing subooxone Day 17

I wanted to add that I know the difference between withdrawal from opiates and withdrawal from suboxone. Soboxone is a whole other beast than opiates. I've had a few good hours or so after day 12, but the withdrawal symptoms keep coming back in waves. I never thought I would still be taking vicodins this far into the detox. I haven't had any opiate withdrawal symptoms yet to be honest, just suboxone withdrawal. Could you tell me how long it takes to become physically addicted to opiates?Thank you again for your time and kindness.

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

I was in the same boat I jumped at 2mg but felt no wd until day 8, my doc gave me 20 lortabs to get through it haha. On the 10th night I had taken 20mg around 11pm and was asleep by 12:30 I then woke up at 2:30am tremoring and convulsing. I ended up taking 2mg of sub and didn't go into precipitated wd luckily. It's as if the sub was still blocking the lortabs 10 days later

I wanted to add that I know the difference between withdrawal from opiates and withdrawal from suboxone. Soboxone is a whole other beast than opiates. I've had a few good hours or so after day 12, but the withdrawal symptoms keep coming back in waves. I never thought I would still be taking vicodins this far into the detox. I haven't had any opiate withdrawal symptoms yet to be honest, just suboxone withdrawal. Could you tell me how long it takes to become physically addicted to opiates?Thank you again for your time and kindness.

I was trying to keep you from getting back on the subs. If you need me to reinduct you at a very small dose we can. Don't take any 2mg at once though. We would do this in even smaller doses. Let me know if that is what you want to do. God bless.

Default So Confused

The suboxone withdrawal symptom are coming back about every 4hr. I'm able to fight them off by taking 22.5mg of vicodin. The vicodin only last about 3 maybe 4 hr. I bear the suboxone withdrawal symptoms for about 4hr. I take the vicodin every 8 hr. I'm trying desperately not to become addicted to the pain pills again. The waves of suboxone that come on me range from mild to server.

I'm upset with myself because I punked out (forgive me for using this word) when the withdrawal symptom came. I couldn't bear them. I was trying to distance myself from the suboxone using the vicodin. My thought was I could taper the vicodin and jump from there. I also thought I would only need the vicodin for no more than 10-14 days.

This is day 18 the suboxone withdrawal symptoms are still here. This beast just dont want to let me go! (but it will, it must!) I don't want to go back on the suboxone it stole my soul from me. I couldn't feel craving any more but I could bearly feel the Holy Spirit in me either! Before suboxone I had a very close relationship with God. Suboxone took that from me. I'm off the suboxone I can feel and communicate with the Holy Spirit again!

What I'm asking is how long does it take to become addicted to vicodins physically, and can I taper the vicodins after using them for say 1 month. I'm praying the server symptoms will leave or decrease within the next 12 days. (30days all together). can you give me a taper for vicodins and if I need the Thomas rescipe after that so be it. Again I can't thank you enough for your time and your kindness...Pat
    Ps I'm using the vicodin but I despise it. I dont like how it makes me feel. I haven't forgot the control it had over my life. However I'm very aware of the danger of becoming addicted to this drug again.

Pat ..... you're on a low dose, but an old addict can be right back where you left off in no time. It's time to pay the piper and get off all this stuff. Don't go so long that you are in a real mess. This won't be painless but you won't die either. You can do it. I would quit it all. That's my best advice. God bless.

Jmarket is offline Junior Member

Hopeful, How are you doing/feeling..
    I read your story and I know how hard this can be..
    I have been through it several times, in fact I am on the second day of a sub taper plan right now..

please update your situation if you feel up to it.

GOD BLESS

Default update

I'm still so grateful for all of the help, information and concern I received from this community. Robert, Marian, Yez. This is day 24, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I decrease the amount of Hydro to 3 vicodins every 12 hrs instead of 3 vicodins every 8 hrs.

I tried to reduce the amount of vicodin I took to 2 ½ every 8 hrs; I found 2 ½ didn’t have an impact on the withdrawal symptoms a few days ago. As time went on I notice the withdrawal symptom weren’t as severe by day 21, I could bear the discomfort for longer lengths of time. I’m praying I'll be able to taper the amount of vicodin I'm taking to 1 dose a day, to nothing.

I don’t think I mention everything that I was taking for the withdrawal symptoms, but for the record I want to state everything that has brought me to this point. First of all I did a lot of praying and trusting God to help me. Then I remembered the symptoms I experience the first time I tried to jump a year ago. I know myself I knew what I could bear and what I couldn’t bear. In order to prevent myself from relapsing I had to take something to help with the unbearable symptoms that caused me to relapse the first time.

I had a horrible constant burning sensation in my chest I found it difficult to breathe. A lot of the burning came from my esophagus. (Does anyone know why?) Before I jumped I ask my doctor for a prescription for Zantac and Prilosec for the burning in my esophagus. I took double the amount prescribe this relieved some of those symptoms.

I experience severe skin crawling on my arms; hot and cold flashes, sick to my stomach, body and headaches for weeks. For those symptoms I took 3 vicodins every 8hr. I remembered the depression, anxiety, anger, insomnia and lack of appetite from the first jump as well; for those symptoms. I took 12mg of Seroquel for insomnia and Sinequan 25mg. (anti depressant) for the other symptoms. Sinequan also gave me an appetite.

As the suboxone withdrawal symptom decrease I’m decreasing the medication I took to bear those symptoms. I know I will probably stay on the Serquel and Sinequan for a while to assist me with the PAWS.

Everyone is different we all know how much we can bear. I would have loved to accomplish this with none of the above medication. I tried that it didn’t work for me.

I know I’m not out of the woods yet but as I said before Day 24 I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I feel some relief, the symptoms are not as intense as they were just a few days ago. I jumped from 1.5 I should have tapered longer.

My advice is to detox as low as you possibly can before jumping. Follow Thomas’s plan for tapering. from my understanding the withdrawal symptoms won't be as severe as they were for me. You might be able to withdraw from suboxone without using anything. I discovered Thomas's taper plan after I jumped...Pat

Default oops

My advice is to detox as low as you possibly can before jumping. Follow Thomas’s plan for tapering. from my understanding the withdrawal symptoms won't be as severe as they were for me. You might be able to withdraw from suboxone without using anything. I discovered Thomas's taper plan after I jumped...Pat
    My Bad. I meant to type; follow Roberts taper plan not Thomas's taper plan...God Bless Pat

KOBarr is offline New Member

I am on day 18 of suboxone withdrawals and it feels like my insides are on fire and my throat feels all scratchy and raw this is terrible i remember the withdrawals from methadone it was bad but i started the subs and I want off drugs I have been on scripts for 18 years I am sick of always having to work my family schedules around doctors appointments but I want to say for the record from my own personal experience don't cold turkey sub's if you have to go to work or take care of small children this is hell I can't even begin to describe the mental part