Saliva drug test Xanax >>. Ativan
    Jonnyredcorn is offline New Member

Default Saliva drug test Xanax >>. Ativan

SWIM has a prescription for Ativan 1mg. SWIM has been weening himself off of Xanax using Xanax slowly for the past few weeks to prevent a benzo seizure which SWIM experienced before. SWIM is on probation and takes monthly saliva drug tests taken via a brand named Quantisal where the end turns blue. Well SWIM just took a drug test, and got a notification in the mail saying SWIM failed for Xanax, althought I have a prescription for Ativan. SWIM has taken drug tests for the past year and a half, first year was urine, the rest being via Quantisal and have always passed. Is it possible using the Quantisal saliva test to tell the difference between Xanax and Ativan being that they are both benzos? SWIM does know Ativan is Lorazepan and Xanax is Alpralazolam, but SWIM has taken these tests and SWIM have never known if SWIM ever tested positive for benzos because my P/O knows SWIM take Ativan, although she did say to bring the monthly bottle to her so she knows SWIM is really being prescribed. Last appointment SWIM didn't bring his bottle, but she should know by now I have the prescription. So is it possible to distinguish Xanax from Ativan in a Saliva Drug Test administered via Quantisal?

Anonymous Guest

Based on what certain friends have told me, yes this possibility to distinguish between two different benzo's is possible using Quantisal. Here is a PDF link http://jat.oxfordjournals.org/content/32/6/393.full.pdf

In the link, it appears what I've been told is correct: The tests can distinguish between alprozelam and diazepam, too close for comfort I'd say. SWIM might need to get clean and stay that way. Good luck to you.

According to the article in the link from the first post, the Quantisal test does not test for Lorazapam which is the generic for Ativan, but it does test for Alprozelam (xanax) and diazepam (valium), so the test results are most likely positive for Alprozelam since it does not specify lorazapam being able to be detected on the Quantisal. I would not take any xanax if it is not prescribed and use your Ativan to detox from Xanax it will prevent seizures just as well as Xanax for Xanax addiction. I would then stop taking both the Xanax and Ativan unless you medically need them.

blada is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kronikpainz View Post
    According to the article in the link from the first post, the Quantisal test does not test for Lorazapam which is the generic for Ativan, but it does test for Alprozelam (xanax) and diazepam (valium), so the test results are most likely positive for Alprozelam since it does not specify lorazapam being able to be detected on the Quantisal. I would not take any xanax if it is not prescribed and use your Ativan to detox from Xanax it will prevent seizures just as well as Xanax for Xanax addiction. I would then stop taking both the Xanax and Ativan unless you medically need them.
    Exactly true. If you were abusing Xanax and need to get off it, and have a script for ativan there is absolutely no reason to continue taking the Xanax. You do not need to fear withdrawal as they are both benzos and therefore have similar mechanisms of action. This means that both physically and mentally getting off Xanax should be relatively easy.

Destroy any Xanax you have left and just stick with what you are prescribed. It should leave your system soon I think (I am not sure on this, I hope someone has more information) and you can be tested again.

I will say that I am subect to random drug testing at my pain clinic and the test there is urine and tests for what looked like 10+ drugs, but benzos were just one line. I would assume the test there is more focused on different types of opioids.

I will say that in my past at rehab I have failed drug tests or things I knew were not in my system. Like one time they found 3 different opiates even though I was only taking one, and another time when I just started rehab they tested me and I was clean, and they last time I had smoked weed was 2+ months ago, then I was tested a few weeks later and they found weed in my urine. So I know they can be mistaken. Here if you fail a drug test at a pain clinic it is sent to the lab to undergo NMR or something similar to be sure of the metabolites present since those tests are not infallible.