So many conditions..Valium istead of Xanax?
    JSant14 is offline New Member

Unhappy So many conditions..Valium istead of Xanax?

I have been diagnosed with Adhd, clinical depression, general anxiety disorder, and obsessive compulsive disorder. I, along with my psychiatrist and psychotherapist, have been trying to find a balance in medications for my conditions. I am currently on 1m xanax, 25xr adderall, and 150m zoloft. My anxiety is still driving me crazy with constant worry, obsessing and i am a chronic face picker.
    my biggest issue is i am also diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia, which i believe is the underline reason to the level my anxiety and depression have reached. My blood levels are too low for arthritis that no pain killers will be given. I have tried all different medications, cymbalta, prozac, and so much more. I am on an anti inflammatory and still i am in so much pain and discomfort. I get pain in random places throughout my body, knees, ankles, back especially, neck, shoulders, wrists, elbows, throbbing head aches. My muscles in my neck shoulders and back are extremely tense and tight, even as flexible as i am, that every doctor, chiropractor, and massage therapist that touches my back muscles cringes. I have more 15 knotts in counting surrounding my shoulder blades. They sometimes gather up making it seem like huge knotts. Some feel completely solid. When i try and serve a volleyball when i coach, i can feel the knotts pop against my shoulderblade the same way massage chair do when the nobs hit them.

I used to dance 7 kinds of dance and p;lay 4 different sports, and now i never know what to expect from my health each day. Some days i cant even roll out of bed with back spasms. Ever day i have pain, i just deal with it, some days are just worse than others, and during the day the pain varies. The inconsistency drives me and my anxiety nuts!!

I know XANAX and VALIUM are very similar, and xanax is stronger, but valium is said to help restless leg syndrom anxiety pain and tense muscles. Xanax does nothing for my pain. My anxiety is terrible interfering with my relationships, and although xanax is stronger than valium, Would valium be a better medication for me due to the pain i feel and multiple symptoms. I would much rather take one medication than one for anxiety, a muscle relaxant, and a pain reliever which my doctors have tried. Please help with your opinion. With my situation, even though my doctor told me xanax is basically the same, should i try valium???
    i have take it before, few years ago before the pain was as consistent. My friend gave it to me and i was happy relaxed, felt like i never have before.....

so confused.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by JSant14 View Post
    I have been diagnosed with Adhd, clinical depression, general anxiety disorder, and obsessive compulsive disorder. I, along with my psychiatrist and psychotherapist, have been trying to find a balance in medications for my conditions. I am currently on 1m xanax, 25xr adderall, and 150m zoloft. My anxiety is still driving me crazy with constant worry, obsessing and i am a chronic face picker.
    my biggest issue is i am also diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia, which i believe is the underline reason to the level my anxiety and depression have reached. My blood levels are too low for arthritis that no pain killers will be given. I have tried all different medications, cymbalta, prozac, and so much more. I am on an anti inflammatory and still i am in so much pain and discomfort. I get pain in random places throughout my body, knees, ankles, back especially, neck, shoulders, wrists, elbows, throbbing head aches. My muscles in my neck shoulders and back are extremely tense and tight, even as flexible as i am, that every doctor, chiropractor, and massage therapist that touches my back muscles cringes. I have more 15 knotts in counting surrounding my shoulder blades. They sometimes gather up making it seem like huge knotts. Some feel completely solid. When i try and serve a volleyball when i coach, i can feel the knotts pop against my shoulderblade the same way massage chair do when the nobs hit them.

I used to dance 7 kinds of dance and p;lay 4 different sports, and now i never know what to expect from my health each day. Some days i cant even roll out of bed with back spasms. Ever day i have pain, i just deal with it, some days are just worse than others, and during the day the pain varies. The inconsistency drives me and my anxiety nuts!!

I know XANAX and VALIUM are very similar, and xanax is stronger, but valium is said to help restless leg syndrom anxiety pain and tense muscles. Xanax does nothing for my pain. My anxiety is terrible interfering with my relationships, and although xanax is stronger than valium, Would valium be a better medication for me due to the pain i feel and multiple symptoms. I would much rather take one medication than one for anxiety, a muscle relaxant, and a pain reliever which my doctors have tried. Please help with your opinion. With my situation, even though my doctor told me xanax is basically the same, should i try valium???
    i have take it before, few years ago before the pain was as consistent. My friend gave it to me and i was happy relaxed, felt like i never have before.....

so confused.

I'm concerned that you have two autoimmune diseases (fibro and RA) and you're being medicated by a psychiatrist and psychotherapist? What makes them think they are qualified to treat your illnesses?

I have three autoimmune illnesses ... RA, Raynaud's Phenomenon and APS (antiphospholipid syndrome). I've moderated autoimmune disease forums for years. You aren't taking one single medication for your RA that I see and all you're taking for fibro is anti-inflammatories (which one?) and antidepressants.

When was the last time you were treated by a rheumatologist? You're taking a bunch of physh meds. What about doing something to actually help the real problem? I agree valium is better for anxiety where xanax is better for actual panic attacks. But please tell me about your treatment for your real problems. God bless.

thedoc67 is offline New Member

Default Freakin Doctors + the DEA

Hi, I am a pharmacist up here in Canada and i have MANY Customers with the same problems it's sad when Doctors refuse to prescribe narcotics to patients with a legitamite need for them but you can partially blame the DEA for that those "heroes" are treating Dr's like Pablo Escobar its so bad that while at a confrence I went to in the US some of the Dr's were telling me that they just refuse to prescribe anything more than Tylenol #3's. To me that is just disgusting that the DEA has made these Doctorass so scared they flat out refuse to help thier patients! It's NOT like that in Canada if you need them you get them and thats how it should be!

But in my opnion you should switch to valium, Xanax is indicated for acute anxiety attacks. also Valium gives a more euphoric and relaxing experiencce wich will indirectly help your pain. GOOD LUCK!!!
    Thedoc#67
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-30-2018 at 04:28 AM.

tired2 is offline Senior Member

Robert ...sorry about just popping in but after I read the Pharmacist post he reminded me that my last visit to get the Valiums my doctor would not just give me a refill for a month but split it into two weeks and when I asked why I could not just get a month supply due due the copay he brought up the DEA and how he had to be extra carefull since the whole Micheal Jackson issue ...which I thought was totally bogas since I could never get any doctor to treat me like the stars but then they make people like us suffer....
    Ok just thought I'd share that....

Hi JStant14...I'm sorry that you are in so much pain and I hope you can get the help you need...I have Fibro so I can relate to that along with several back problems etc..
    My prayers are with you....
    Pam