Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Suboxin
    Alleyopp is offline New Member

Default Suboxin

I'm trying hard to go cold turkey. I was advised if i did low doses of sub that I could get pass the worst w/drawls. On a 5 day regime, is this true?

HicksvilleNY is offline Member

this is my first post on any board concerning this topic so bear with me

ok for me Cold T was not an option, I have too many responsibilities,
    i was taking for 3 years, finally i had had enough. I was taking well over 12 Vicodin hp 10/660 a day
    I was looking on the suboxone site for a dr and what do you know !!! my Dr was on the list...
    needless to say I was there in an hour
    I had to wait till the next day because i had taken Vics already that day, you have to be in withdrawal,,,very important.

I have been on suboxone for 5 days,

Monday, started out on 8 a day and it really worked, felt sorta doped up from it but no Vicodin wds'

Tuesday was a rough day , i had a bad headache from the sub and felt sick, but way better than having wds, i went to 10 mg of suboxone, aleve really seemed to help headache.

Wednesday i felt the best i have felt in 2 years, Could not believe how good i feel, don't feel as doped up as the first 2 days

Thursday 10 mg sub, feel great, had very productive day at work and I don't even think about the Vics

Friday 10 mg suboxone feel great

now today is Saturday and i haven't taken any suboxone yet, i feel ok but I think I will try to go back to 8 today at the most, but want to start with 3 for now and see how i feel,

i was wondering the same thing as you about getting off the sub fast,
    I was thinking since its been 5 days with no Vicodin shouldn't the worst be over by now?
    i was holding off today to see if i did get any wd symptoms, and i really can't tell to be honest, If i was still taking the Vicodin i would have been surly showing signs of wd

I think it can be done depending on how bad you were into the previous drug, but my thinking now is I don't want this to go more than a couple weeks,
    3 at the most

if anyone else has the answer, I too would like to hear it

Charliez is offline Member

Hello, I am new to this forum also but I truly wish I had found it before I started suboxone . I had almost no info on it until I started reading here. The online site for suboxone gives lots of info on how to get started but if you notice very short on stopping (should have been a hint) anywhere you look . I was looking for an answer for my opiates addiction & yes the sub. worked great now some things have came up & I am looking at getting off it. I am on 16mg daily which I think is way to much but this is what the doc. said I needed . I find cutting back any I start to feel wd. yesterday I took only a half a 8 in the morning & felt bad all day and I even ended up taking halves the rest of the day finally that evening when I had the full 16 back in me I felt ok so now I am going to try something different start with 8 in the morn. then cut to half in the p.m. see how that does & maybe even take the 1/4 also but try to cut by 1/4 a day or even every two or three days . I can see this won't be easy. Thanks to everyone for sharing.
    Nothing surprises me

thanks for the post,, 16 does seem like a lot,,, how much where you using before the suboxone?

maybe you should talk to your dr and see if you can have some 2mg pills to go with your 8s

that way it would be easier to taper off, you could even do like 7 in the am and 7 in the pm for a few days then go to 6...etc. just a thought I by no means am an expert on this.

but if my dr wants me to take 8mg pills I am going to try and insist a have a few 2s to go with it,

curious to hear what you think about that..

but i share your concerns about being on the suboxone for any length of time.

also I have a question.......

If i were to stop taking the suboxone today... will i feel wds from the suboxone or the vics?

know what i mean?

if my vicodin wds are past, then could i be already having wds from the suboxone?

I believe the wd's you would feel after taking the sub would be from the sub the vic's should be gone rather quick especially if you have taken the sub for a few weeks .. Your idea of having the 2's sounds like it may be more manageable unfortunately for me I still have not stared the taper but I will have to & the sooner the better. I have put this off a few days but my supply is only getting shorter . This worries me so TOMORROW I will try again --wish me luck as I do you...Have you started the sub yet? Like I said I can see any taper is going to have consequences but I do believe taper is the way & I would also say the longer the taper the better ,within reason....the answer to what I was doing previously is 3 -perc.10s daily at the least sometimes up to 5 then when i would run out or have something to substitute I would use that only opiates though. thanks
    Nothing surprises me

i have been on sub since tuesday...
    i go back to DR tomorrow to see what he wants to do, as i only have about a 10 day supply to start

i don't think i want a 30 day supply of 8s without the 2s

i think i'm going to try and taper asap.

let me know how you do. no time like the present to start getting completely free from this ********************

keep the posts coming, i know it helps me knowing someone else is going through the same thing as me

take care,
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-15-2008 at 09:08 AM.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Default withdrawals from Subs

I am with you guys on trying to get off the Suboxone as quickly as possible. I have been trying to do the same ... having a tough time. My doctor did not tell me what these things were. I was in rehab, had checked myself in for Loricets and Benzos. Did not want another drug, wanted to be clean. Now doctor has added more misery to me. Not very pleased with this whole thing. I went home thinking I was clean. Then I started reading here and discovered what they had done to me.

I have done a day here and there trying to stop the Subs, but having a very hard time. Been trying to stop for about 10 days. If you have any luck finding something that works for you please share. I know it won't be easy, that is obvious. I am so sick of this. Tempted to go check back in to the hospital, but don't want to.

Robert_325

my dr just gave me another months supply and told me to take as much as i need for it to work,,,, nice huh?

I do know that the longer you are using it the harder it will be,, so time is a big factor..
    i think i'm just going to try and do 1 or 2 less each week,,
    stay tuned

was thinking about my drs appointment today.......

and one thing he said was,,, when i asked if i stopped the suboxone today would i feel the withdrawls from the Vicodin? and he said probably not, but I would still have cravings.... hmmm

he said 7 to 10 days on the vic WDs

so that means that any physical wds i have from here on out are from the sub....

I'm thinkin that i should start tapering now. he wants to do it 2 MG a month from 10 down. thats 5 months,, I feel thats too long,,, no?

Default Suboxone ..... YUCK!!!

Hi Ralph,

I go back to the doctor next week on the 10th. My dr. also told me to take what I need to work, but suggested I keep it around 8mg if possible. But in my first month I ran out a little early and there was no question about getting more. I did not go off the deep end with them though. Think I ran out like about 3 days early. He has been giving me 8 mg a day and throws like 2 or 3 extra 8 mg pills on the script in case I need them. But he has told me to call him if I have any problems with the meds ... that he did not want me to run out.

I would say the hydro should be out of your system pretty much by now so yes, future withdrawals would logically be from the suboxone. They can't put you on something that leaves you ill if you go off and not give you more unless you just go totally crazy with them. Worse case would be them asking a patient to go into hospital to get your comsumption down if that happened regularly. Can't see them hassling your badly the first time or two.

I know we will get through this. I am very upset still though that they put me on this ******************** without telling me what it was. I would have toughed it out a little longer in treatment and declined it after having almost 5 days. This just made that stay worthless as far as I am concerned. And those 5 days in rehab were a total drag!

Robert
    Last edited by Anonymous; 03-31-2008 at 06:18 PM. Reason: grammar

Robert & Hicksville, I am right here with you . I believe we are on the right path now we just have to learn how to get off this.Rob I posted on your other post about (forty yrs. on opiates ) I still have not started the cut back yet. I know but I am being honest. I am going to try again today. I have only about 30 8's left & I won't be able to go back to the doc. he is leaving town so I am having to find another I feel it will take more than 30 to get off them with a slow taper. I have some leads that I am working on now I pray this will work out. Here I am trying & it is discouraging & I was doing so good. All of the doc's around here are full unless you go to a $ doc. & they are far & few between but we will see what happens meanwhile I will try again today I am afraid my time is running out...Sounds like you both have pretty understanding doc's that is good they are very strict here. to strict actually. I will be looking for your all's input.---Thanks
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-01-2008 at 07:34 AM. Reason: add to
    Nothing surprises me

Default good luck Charlie

Thanks for your support Charlie on my posts. This is a tough deal. I don't think you can do a taper with 30 pills. Just my opinion from my experience with this medication so far. That is a crash from what I have read from the others here on the forum. Not saying it is impossible. Just saying I would not call that a taper. That just gives you time to prepare mentally for a cold turkey. You could get your daily dose down to a minimum with that many on hand but will still have a lot in your system with the half life of this medication when you stop.

I was really mad at first after reading about this medication ... just for the fact the dr gave it to me without telling me what it was. Now I have to figure out how to deal with it as I have no choice. I am an addict and was blaming someone else for where I am. Not going to do that anymore. Going to try to do this all the right way as best I can.

Do I understand you correctly that your doctor just said no more meds right out the blue and has left you hung out to dry with no help??? That is BS! Or is he moving??? Seems that doctor is still your best hope.

I would tell the dr that you want to taper off but to give you a chance. He knows others in the medical field and seems it would be the dr's responsibility to refer you to another doctor in his absence if he is moving. They would never do this to someone on Methadone. If you just can't get another doctor ... flat out none to get hooked up with ... then that doctor would seemingly give you a script for more meds. I always found it tough to dispense my own meds when trying to taper. Other than that you might have to get into a controlled environment like a treatment center. I wish you luck but after all I have read I would hate to have do this cold turkey. Sure we would live through it. Made it through a bad Oxy/Benzo detox ... thought I would die. It couldn't be worse than that. Doesn't mean I want to do it again though. Hope you can work this out with your dr where you don't have to just go through hell. This is not your fault if he is moving.

I agree with Robert, try and do something with the dr..
    in the measn time get going on the taper,
    start tomorrow.
    I decided I'm going to do the same thing before i'm on this any longer... been on it a week and a 1/2, I'm starting tomorrow,
    I am taking 10mg x2
    starting tomorrow it Will 8 x2 at the most
    I know i will regret it if i dont,

this stuff is nasty.
    makes me feel like ********************
    I feel like it does more harm than good....
    BUT it did get me past the Vicodin WDs, and I am thankful for that,,,
    but starting in the AM i'm on my way to clean
    Lets see how low we can get in a months time,,,

you can do it, lets get rid of this ********************!!!!!

I'm with ya if you are up for it.
    I will check back in tomorrow and I will be taking lest than i am now

Default Let's all do this together ...

Hi Ralph,

It's my experience that something like this is ALWAYS easier done working with others. There are the 3 of us ( Ralph, Charlie and Robert ) all at about the exact same place in this right now. We all just got in recently, we are all at similar doses right now. Whoever gets through first can be the guinea pig for the others and we can all support each other. I am at 8mg a day right now. I see the dr next week, Thursday, but I am going to cut back to 6mg I think tomorrow if I am comfortable doing it. If I start getting antsy, I will keep it at 8mg till Thursday of next week. Don't think I will have a big problem at 6mg though now. We will see. So that will give me over a week at 6mg. Then I will hang at between 4 and 6 until I see I can knock another 2mg off. From that point I will slow it down and cut back monthly.

Dave made a good point to me earlier. It takes time for our systems to recover from the damage we have done with the opiates. If we do this very slowly our bodies will have time to recover and we will have an easier time with the whole detox process. Dave said he thought I was ready to start the detox now. Just important to do it very slowly! He really emphasized that. So that is what I am doing. Hope you guys are both with me. Will be interesting to see how we all get through this doing the same thing. Dave said to not lower the dose except maybe monthly. Will be interesting to see how each of us does doing the same thing, unless one of you wants to do something differently ... faster or whatever. Talk later.

R

i'm in...........

Thanks both of you I feel better knowing I have someone to talk to about this & is experiencing the same thing. My doc. is leaving town & he is out of the question as far as any help. Do you all have a therapist or group included with your treatment? It is mandatory around here. I saw a therapist first & am still seeing him he is trying to find another doc for me & am trying to get hooked up with this local group. There is a guy that works with the group that is trying to help me. With Gods help I believe I can make it through this. So I do have some promising prospects as far as another doctor . But I can see this is just as bad as it ever was when you have a problem . I have decided though to try & get down as quick as I can & if I do get another doc. I am still going to try & get off this. So nothing will change either way I am headed off. Thanks,Charlie
    Nothing surprises me

well I am committed to see this through..
    i will be here

no, i only have my dr who is also my regular dr.
    I have considered seeing a counslor/therapist though.
    If i struggle i will see one.
    I really have no one to talk to about this either aside from my dr who gives me 5 minutes if that...

try and stretch the time between doses as far as you can stand it, the farther the better (one hour goes fast if you try and stay occupied),

and remember that when you are feeling the effects of the lack of the drug you are getting better

Try and plan your taking around your day so you have what you need in you when you need it most, i find also that if i set a time in the evening and do not take anything after that time its helpful, and move the time earlier and earlier, sleep when you can, if you can sleep late and are able, do it,

did you do a search of Drs on the suboxone website?

ok off the bed,, take care guys and see you tomorrow....

try not to worry, it can be done, and we will do it,

Hey Guys,

I am working with the therapist I was assigned to when I checked myself into rehab. He is over two hospitals besides his regular patients so this is about the only way one can get into see this guy. He is very busy, but very good. When I go into see him it is in his private office and he shuts the door, we sit on big couches and talk. It is a very relaxed atmosphere, but very professional. I am totally comfortable with him. He asks lots of questions about my personal life. He digs to get information so he knows he is doing what he thinks is the right thing.

He made me mad about giving the Subutex to me at first without telling me about it, but the more I read from others, I think he did what was best for me considering my long history with detox and relapse. Obviously what was done in the past was not enough ... lots of repeated failures. He probably didn't feel like he had to explain all of his decisions to pill head. So I have a better attitude now than I did a few days ago. I do not have any requirements on me as far as my insurance goes. It is my personal insurance. I am self-employed.

Charlie ... it sounds like you have excellent prospects to get your doctor situation staightened out. I don't think you will be abandoned. Those drs know they are setting you up for relapse if they just blow you off. Things will work out for the best I am confident. Ralph made a good suggestion about the Subuxone web site to find a dr if you have to. I just think it will all work out fine and you will have another dr in place when you need them.

I want to get to where I don't have to worry about pain med drs or shrinks or any of them anymore. I know we are on the right track. Once we all get our daily dose lowered repeatedly a few times we will feel some momentum building and that will continue to carry us through this.

I am getting off here tonight but will be back on tomorrow. I am kind of half on and half off this week working. Did not want to be under a lot of pressure this week so I planned it like this. I will talk to you guys later.

Robert I am glad you have got yourself settled into a more relaxing state & have accepted this and that you are able to get comfortable with your situation. Isn't this what it is all about being comfortable with our lives? Thanks for your vote of confidence. It is good that you have a plan . I like you know all to well the pain of wd. I feel if I can get to a doc. that will prescribe & supply me with at least a few more prescriptions I will be able to at least relax a little & my attempt at getting off this will be more reasonable. I have a lot of responsibility this week so that is not helping but this evening I am cutting back 1/4 of an 8 & go from there. I am just going to keep going down until I can't stand it .I will let you guys know how it's going. Already had my morning 8 so I will start the taper in the evening. Ralph I have done the search at the site & found several prospects it's just that until I have it in my hand I will not be comfortable at all. Hang in there we can do this....I also feel if I made it through some of the wd's in my past I can handle this.......It's just right now at this point in my life I just have to many responsibilities .Keep posting I will be checking back-later & thanks to both of you!
    Nothing surprises me

Default great night's sleep

Last night ... the best night's sleep I have had so far. Have taken lots of Benzos for many years too -- prescriptions for chronic illnesses ( xanax and klonopin). I think the W/Ds from the Benzos are letting up a little, the electric zaps that shoot through your body and make you jerk real badly are lessening. They did not wake me last night. That was the first night I got a break there -

Don't have any desire this morning for the Subutex, but going to follow the plan and still take it. See what I can cut back without W/Ds. Am going to cut the dose by 1-2mg this morning. Hard to tell exactly as I just break pieces off the 8mg. Think that gets me close enough though. I don't need the 2mg tabs too. So I will be at about 3mg this morning.

I think we have to be at a place where we are going smoothly before we can really tell how our reduction in what we are taking is working. Makes sense to me anyway.

When this is all over we will have 3 peoples' stories going thru W/Ds all laid out. This will be a good thread when it's over. Well time to go do the meds. Later guys.

Glad you are doing well ! I have experienced those electric shocks before also the one's I have are out of the blue like-zap--feel it throughout your entire body with a jerk,very quick. But mine only happens every now & then sometimes goes days without them. Then all of a sudden maybe several times in one day. I was on Valium before starting subs so that was stopped but somehow I don't know I was able to get down on the mg's so I could only take them when I would stress out. So now when I stress out I just have to endure it. Maybe when I am off the sub. I can do something about my stress. we will see I guess. It is almost time for my evening dose of sub. I am going to take only 1/2 an 8 then if I have to I will only take the other quarter leaving off the 1/4 shew,man! But I am going to wait as long as possible. You are doing good with the sub I think. I wish I was somewhere near 3 mg's. The last time I tried cutting back though I had my first experience with sub.wd's so I will see how it goes...will let you know tomorrow. Take care ....you may get a pill cutter that will help, I am going to get one.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-02-2008 at 03:49 PM. Reason: add to
    Nothing surprises me

Hi Charlie,

It's been since late morning since my last dose ( about 3 mg ), slept late and didn't really do much today. I still am not really craving anything, so will wait until as late as 9:00. Will take some by then even if not craving it. Don't want to wake up in the middle of the night having a difficult time. I think though that at this point, with the dose having me going pretty smoothly, that it would not put me into W/Ds tonight. It would take a couple days or so I think. But then we would be screwed up again, having to get back to where we are now. So I won't take less than another 3mg. That would be 6mg for today. I would happy being there for another week, then cut back a little again. Maybe just 1mg ... maybe 2mg but no more. I think the pill cutter, or a single edge razor blade is a good idea.

RRRRRRRRR

long day...long story...

anyway... you guys are doing great!

i wish i could say the same....

i'm getting a little nervous here...

took my "required" dose of 20mg for the whole day and i'm really not feeling that great about it.....

i thought about you guys all day,every time i took a dose ...
    well i guess tomorrow is another day,

thing is i felt good all day and don't think i even needed what i took,
    what the hell is wrong with me.

man i too wish I was at 3mg wow that is awesome... i will get there...
    like i said tomorrow is another day .. I really need to nip this ******************** in the bud.

hopefully tomorrow i have good news ,
    night all and keep up the great work.

Hi Ralph,

What made you take the higher dose?

RRRRRRRRRRR

don't know

i had the same problem wit the vics... I would plan on cutting back and the next day the exact opposite

i need to go to bed ,,, pretty bummed

Get some rest, Dude. Don't beat up on yourself. It isn't like you relapsed or anything. You just took what has been prescribed for you. Your dr probably had a reason for giving you that amount. Everyone does not get the same prescription. I can see that for sure from the tons of reading I have been doing.

What helped me was to put that first dose off pretty late. And I kept it at 3mg. Then I was able to see I could hold it down. Just a thought you may want to try. You can do it. Just hang in there and don't be too critical of yourself. You're doing good. Beats eating a handful of Loricets!

Default Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyopp View Post
    I'm trying hard to go cold turkey. I was advised if i did low doses of sub that I could get pass the worst w/drawls. On a 5 day regime, is this true?
    Hi Alleyopp, how you doin? I saw this post & wondered about you. As you can see we are doing the best we can with the sub...let us know./Roberts right getting upset will only side track you just as it does with anything else...you will be alright just have to decide what you want to do & what you feel you can handle...At least you have or can get enough of the sub to pull you through so that is a major step from where I sit. We are the same as you we have tried quitting may times & not doing what we set out to do is just part of it even relapse is a part of it so its all the same for most of us. Glad you are resting Robert that is a big improvement hu? I have only taken the 1/2 this evening left off the last half so far so good I am going to go to bed ,if so that will be leaving off 4mg keeping me at12 for the day. I feel OK now we will see by morning....till tomorrow....And yes Ralph you will get there!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-02-2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: add 2
    Nothing surprises me

Quote Originally Posted by Charliez View Post
    Hi Alleyopp, how you doin? I saw this post & wondered about you. As you can see we are doing the best we can with the sub...let us know./

We did kind of steal this thread didn't we, I had not even looked back and noticed till now. I am still at 3mg ... have not taken the night dose yet. I am going to force myself to do it shortly though. I know that is the right way to do this. Can't believe I am having to force myself to take some meds! That is freakin switch from the old days.

RRRRRRRRR

ok, new day....
    i'm going to do this,

why don't you want to skip that night dose?
    just curious?

off to work,,, catch you guys later
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-03-2008 at 05:32 AM.

I had to take the 1/4 about 3a.m. but was still able to keep the last 1/4 off so that made 14 mg. yesterday . I think I should wait at least a couple of days before going lower to give the half life time to catch up .I know the longer between cuts the better but I still don't know how the med. supply is going 2w out so I will have to speed it up just in case. Done alright except for waking around 3 not feeling very well & I thought as you Robert if I did not take it than it would catch up with me . I will see how it goes today. I guess because of this half life deal with the sub. that it can not be cut back as fast as other pain meds. I guess cutting back by 2's would be better than by 4's be back here this evening hope you guys have a good day & take care!
    Nothing surprises me

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast