Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Suboxone
    anrob11 is offline Junior Member

Hi PQ

How are you doing [?]. I know you are alive and kicking because I've been following your posts mainly on the Painkillers and Addiction Forum, but you never answered my response to your questions (10/25) posting.

Me [?] Hanging in now at 27 days - biggest problem is still the overall feeling of tiredness and weakness that I can't seem to shake unless I stay active. However, once I stop, I start nodding and dozing off for anywhere from 15min. to 3 to 4 hours. Don't know if I should attribute this to my Neuropathy, the Suboxone, or maybe my age. Anyway, things are good and I would like to hear from you direct.

God Bless ... Tony [8D]

To Be A Rock And Not To Roll

chrish1 is offline Member

Hello Anrob, you can call me chrish, my nickname - otherwise everybody else might get confused. Call me Paul if you want to email me.

I'm not mad at all I always appreciate it when I get any kind of response. I get my information from the manufacturer's reps for Suboxone. They say the likelyhood of relapsing is much greater without a 12 step program or some type of therepy. You seem to be an advocate of the 12 step program, so I'm sure you can appreciate what the rep for Suboxone says. I'm not knocking Suboxone at all. I think it is an unbelievable tool if used correctly.

Yes, I skipped to step 12 These boards have helped me tremendously, and I like post on these in addition to the outpatient I go to 3 nights a week and NA 5 days a week. I'm told at NA that you can try to help others no matter what step you are one. I'm on step 3 btw, working with 2 sponsers.

Anyway, hope I didn't offend anybody. I just wanted to share the information from the Suboxone reps.

Chrish

Hello Paul- or would you prefer chrish1 [?]

Congats on your 27 days clean The first 30 days is the easiest - Oooops, I mean the toughest. [^] I have read numerous postings (mostly on the Painkiller and Addictions Forum, but in other Topics as well). You certainly move around and appear to have an abundant energy source and a wealth of advice for everyone.

With 27 days clean, where did you get all this knowledge [?] Have you jumped from Step 1, 2, or 3, and gone directly to Step 12 [?] , skipping the other 9 Steps [?] What does your sponsor think about this [?] Do you have a sponsor [?]

Please don't be angry , but you must first take care of yourself before you can help others. I have seen too many well intended brother and sisters burn out on The Program because they couldn't fix others. Please take care of yourself.

Hope to hear from you soon... Tony [8D]

[/quote]

BSGjunkie is offline Member

Hello,

I've been on Suboxone for just over a week now. I've been struggling with some major sexual side effects. When I was using painkillers, Perc and Oxycontin, I had moderate sexual side effects, but with Suboxone I can't even form an erection. Is this a common problem?

I am also concerned with the dosage I am on. I was using 200mg's of Oxy a day and my doctor placed me on 12mg of suboxone a day. From reading this forum, it seems that I am on a rather high dose. My doctor mentioned its better to be over dosed then under dosed in this case, but I must admit I've felt higher this last week then I have in the last year of use.

Thanks for your help.
    Junkie

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

You can take up to 32mgs a day so your ok with your dose.As for your erection problems, alot of addicts have low bio-available testosterone.You can ask your doctor to test you for it.If your low there are a number of ways you can take testosterone,gel,pill,patch and injection.I would give it a little more time with the suboxone.You can try and lower the dose a bit and see if that helps but if you feel any cravings or withdrawl go right back up.Sounds like your doing ok on it which is good.Good luck and get that checked out in a couple of weeks if it's not any better......Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll make sure to give it some time then talk it up with my doc. Thanks for helping with my dosage concerns.

Its true, I am doing great. It has been great. I'm just worried because I know nothing in life is free - as of now I feel like I've gotten away from my addiction free and clear. I'm interested to see how it works long time. I'm very happy with suboxone and I'd start the program again if I had to make the decision again. Its allowed me to get my life some what under control without the constant craving and anxiety.

Thanks for all the support!
    Junkie

pill-layer is offline Junior Member

quote:Originally posted by BSGjunkie

Dave,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll make sure to give it some time then talk it up with my doc. Thanks for helping with my dosage concerns.

Its true, I am doing great. It has been great. I'm just worried because I know nothing in life is free - as of now I feel like I've gotten away from my addiction free and clear. I'm interested to see how it works long time. I'm very happy with suboxone and I'd start the program again if I had to make the decision again. Its allowed me to get my life some what under control without the constant craving and anxiety.

Junkie

BSG...I was taking 2-300 mls of oxy a day....I started out on 12 MG a day of the sub....and in 2 weeks im down to 6 mg a day , and I still feel awesome....also I am in several classes a week and some NA meetings, which help alot with my mental and spiritual side of things.

As for the sexual side effects I havent really Noticed any....as a matter of fact , I am closer with my wife now than I have ever been ( not to make you feel bad)

I wouldnt worry about the dose, Just make sure your doctor starts to wean you down , so you dont get addicted to it as well.

GOOD LUCK BSG....PRAYERS AND GOD SPEED

PoppyQueen is offline Member

Hiya Tony! Sorry that I was "amiss" in returning a post! How are you doing with all the medication? Have you gotten off the Klonopin yet? Sometimes I feel like I could use something for anxiety. Since I don't work a corporate job anymore and my life is less structured with my new job, which is taking care of pets, I get flustered whenever I'm getting ready to go somewhere. It's very weird. Like I lost my edge of having my crud together. You know? Plus I just joined the half century club. But the doc. told me to stay away from Valium.

You are exactly right about Suboxone. If I'm not moving, I can just drop off to sleep. I sleep about 9 hours nightly and can easily take a nap in the afternoon for 3+ hours! I went down to 8mg. of Sub, but after seeing my psychiatrist, I decided to go back to 10mgs. to add the little bit of oomph before I go to sleep to relax my back pain. I'm not sure if it's working. He suggested I should have marked pain relief from the Sub. but I don't. He also said most people report increased sleep. I only work a couple hours a day, so it's not an issue.

So after 6 weeks, I'm staying level in my treatment. I haven't been on the computer because any free time I've had I'm buried in that book "A Million Little Pieces." It's an incredible story of addiction and recovery.

Congrats on your 27 days!!! So was your biggest problem in your life alcohol, or was it drugs, too? Luuckily I'm not one of those that are addicted to everything and pills have always been my weakness.

Have a great night and don't sleep too much!

PQ
    Last painkiller used: 9/25/05
    Suboxone started 9/26/05

POPPYQUEEN.....Why did you go back up....I have went from 12 to 6 in two weeks and I feel great, and I was on at the very minimum, of 2-300 mg of oxy a day, not to mention others added in as well......you seem to be displaying alot of signs of addiction, and not seeming to try and quit....I may be wrong but that is the definite image you are displaying.

You still arent trying to get any group help and doing your best to stay on the higher doses of the sub. ....You seem to be going in a very stale direction....please be carefull.....you are going to have to quit this med someday, and then what? There is no withdrawl meds from suboxone.

I really cant understand why you went back to 10 mg of the sub.....will you explain so I can understand your thought process ( you dont have too , its really none of my buisness), but it may help some of us in our treatment programs,if you can ...thanks, if not....thats OK too! LOL

Hi Pill-Layer, sorry I wasn't very specific. I went down to 8mg. just for one day. That's the day I saw my Doc. He said the Sub. should really be helping with the pain, that is why I added back the 2mg. I was taking that 2mg. in the afternoon but am now taking it before sleep. I thought I was feeling a little better upon waking up, but I will remove that 2mg. in a few days to settle on 8mg. I really plan on staying on Suboxone for 5 - 6 months.

You keep harping on me to get in with a group. I'm sure your intentions are well meaning and you want to help me. I see a psychiatrist, and I'm on this forum just about daily--does this not qualify as a group? Or do I physically need to be around people? I know you're a pastor, but I am not a believer in God. I was raised a Catholic, attended Catholic school for 8 years but I just can't get with that program.

I feel confident that I have the same rate of success whether I attend a group (NA or AA) or not. I just read that NA has a 15% success rate. I have to believe in myself; I'm the only one I have to answer to.

Have a good night! Did you get your church back?

Poppy

quote:Originally posted by PoppyQueen

Hi Pill-Layer, sorry I wasn't very specific. I went down to 8mg. just for one day. That's the day I saw my Doc. He said the Sub. should really be helping with the pain, that is why I added back the 2mg. I was taking that 2mg. in the afternoon but am now taking it before sleep. I thought I was feeling a little better upon waking up, but I will remove that 2mg. in a few days to settle on 8mg. I really plan on staying on Suboxone for 5 - 6 months.

You keep harping on me to get in with a group. I'm sure your intentions are well meaning and you want to help me. I see a psychiatrist, and I'm on this forum just about daily--does this not qualify as a group? Or do I physically need to be around people? I know you're a pastor, but I am not a believer in God. I was raised a Catholic, attended Catholic school for 8 years but I just can't get with that program.

I feel confident that I have the same rate of success whether I attend a group (NA or AA) or not. I just read that NA has a 15% success rate. I have to believe in myself; I'm the only one I have to answer to.

Have a good night! Did you get your church back?

Poppy

Well I guess you not believing in God is even more deadly than the drugs....trully sad, But God gives us all the choice. Also no one ever said you had to believe in God to seek Na treatment....but na or aa isnt the only groups out there. Also you see a psychiciatrist...was he/she ever addicted to pills? if not he/she doesnt understand...again I said like minded people....you also say that you use this forum as your group....well I am in this group and my post are my advice, but you never want to hear the truth, you only want to continue, on with what you are doing.....wether it has a good success rate or not....and that is probably because it makes you feel good....just like most drugs do....FOR A WHILE!!!!!!

I havent seen the stats for NA, but the stats for the sub without extra help is 0% or very close.....and if there is a million people in NA then that means 150 thousand people get clean just from the program.THATS A WHOLE LOT MORE THAN JUST THE SUBOXONE PRODUCES.....IS IT NOT?

LIKE I SAID You are a big girl and one that is an addict....just like most if not all of us on this board.....but if you really believe that suboxone is a cure all drug , then you are very much still in denial about your addiction , and lying every time you try and justify it. TYPICAL ADDICT .....JUST LIKE EVERY SINGLE ADDICT....INCLUDING MYSELF.

You want to only use this board instead of live face to face people ....then that is perfectly fine.....but at what point are you planning on using the advice given from this board.....other than just taking a drug so you dont take another drug?

The good thing about being in a real world group is , you not only hear but can also see the pain, or the joy when someone reaches a certain goal in their life. Also you get to know them and their real lives and not just an online persona....like , the fact that there are doctors and nurses and ministers and lawyers and teens and Moms , and Dads, and ...etc...etc... that kind of interaction is priceless....and as I have posted before , I trully believe, than when you really get serious, you will seek some kind of real life help , and also see that you are lying to yourself , and then you will trully be able to admit , the real underlying problems that cause your addiction.I THINK ITS GREAT THAT YOU ARE READING A BOOK OR BOOKS ON ADDICTION.....BUT AGAIN A BOOK IS A LIFELESS THING AND CANT HEAR OR SYMPATHIZE WITH YOU , OR HOLD YOU WHEN YOU NEED IT OR JUST SIMPLY BE THER IN YOUR LOW POINTS....CAN IT?

GOOD LUCK , AND I HOPE YOU TRULLY DONT DIE....AND THAT IS MORE SPIRITUAL , THAN PHYSICAL BECAUSE YOUR SOUL IS ABSOLUTELY IN WORSE SHAPE THAN YOUR BODY, IF YOU REALLY DONT BELIEVE IN GOD.

BTW - YES I got my church back.....and we will definitely pray for your soul.

IF YOU WANT ME TO NOT POST TO YOU ANY MORE....I WILL HONOR YOUR REQUEST....EVEN THOUGH I BELIEVE IT A MISTAKE, AS WE ALL NEED SOMEONE THAT ISNT AFRAID TO TELL US THE TRUTH.....and to support part of my earlier post....if you knew me in real life , then you would never call what I am doing as harping , because you would be able to see my tru intent , from my real life actions and concern for anyone who needs anything!!!!

BUT I WILL HONOR YOU IF THAT IS WHAT YOU TRULLY WANT....I dont ever want anyone to feel like I am atacking them....but really we all need people in our lives wether in the flesh or on the PC that will tell us the harsh truth , if it can save our lives!!!!

Pill-Layer, I'm glad you got your church back. It's obvious you got right back up on the pulpit. I didn't ask for your advice, did I? If I did, please remind me. If not, please give your fingers a rest and back off.

I don't think you have all the answers but you come off like you do! You said:

"Well I guess you not believing in God is even more deadly than the drugs....trully sad, But God gives us all the choice."

You sound like one of those lunatic envangelists on TV.

Thank you for your time! But I am not your cause, unless of course you want to collect money for me. There's other people on this board who may appreciate your help--I'm finding you to be irritating.

And I'm not gonna die, where'd you get that idea?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-06-2015 at 11:58 PM.

Sorry, maybe a lame question but I'm just curious. I'm currently taking 2 8mg tablets. I know what they look like, but what do the 2mg tablets look like?

Thanks
    Chris

[ deleted ]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-06-2015 at 11:59 PM.

amylee31roo is offline New Member

hi all...today was my first day starting suboxone. I am not really sure how to feel- or how I am feeling. I am not shaking...I can say that for sure, but I guess I feel NORMAL? If anyone knows...maybe they can tell me how one feels as the days progress with suboxone. Thank you kindly.

Hi Chrish1 It's anrob11 replying to your post of 11/7. Sorry for the delay, but I am way behind in respondiding to all who have sent postings. [|)]

I would like to clear the air about our last exchange. First, let me say that no offense was taken. Second, although I do find your enthusiasm repetitive and sometimes even frustrating [V], you have as much right as anyone to speak your mind and you do have something to give to others. [^] Third, I guess all I was trying to say was [u]take care of yourself first by working the steps, in order, without twelve stepping</u>. Based on your reply, you appear to be heading in the right direction.

God Bless ... Tony [8D]

Hello,

I've been on Suboxone for just over a week now. I've been struggling with some major sexual side effects. When I was using painkillers, Perc and Oxycontin, I had moderate sexual side effects, but with Suboxone I can't even form an erection. Is this a common problem?

I am also concerned with the dosage I am on. I was using 200mg's of Oxy a day and my doctor placed me on 12mg of suboxone a day. From reading this forum, it seems that I am on a rather high dose. My doctor mentioned its better to be over dosed then under dosed in this case, but I must admit I've felt higher this last week then I have in the last year of use.

Thanks for your help.
    Junkie

Dave,

Junkie
    Hi BSG - guess we experienced "technical difficulties" on my last try so, here we go again.

[u]First</u>, I find it ironic that Suboxone has that effect on many of us sexually. It's ironic because "back in the day" most of us were sexual giants because of drugs [:0] Now it's just the opposite.
    Hang in there like mpvt says. He gave you some good advice. It should subside in time (my experience). [^]
    [u]Second</u>,You have just started your treatment and, in time, you will find the appropriate dose for you - work closely with your doc on this.
    [u]Third</u>, There are no "lame" questions. Although I have not seen a 2mg pill personally, they are described as "Hexagonal orange tablets containing 2mg buprenorphine with 0.5 naloxone". I assume the markings on one side would be the "cross" on 1 side and "N2" on the other side.

It's good to hear that you are doing so well. "Keep It Up" [^]
    God Bless ... Tony [8D]

I had the 2mg. pills to start with. They were yellow and football shaped. The 8mg. pills are orange, hexagonal, a "cross" on one side and "N8" on the other.

I have sexual side effects but I thought that was menopause!

PQ
    Suboxone started 9/26/05

Thanks for the help guys. There is nothing better then having somewhere to turn. A place where you know people can help, and want to help. I hope I can help others when the oppurtunity comes.

Right after I posted the question regarding the pills I found this:

It seems as the Suboxone 2mg pill is just smaller with N2 on the front side.

The football shape pill is subutex 2mg

Junkie
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-25-2010 at 04:20 PM.

BSG: Oh! I guess I started on Subutex, then.

Does anyone know if Suboxone affects the liver? My liver enzymes keep rising. I had not had a drink in weeks and the only thing different is I'm NOT taking tons of Vicoprofen (no Acetimonphen in that) and I'm taking the Suboxone and some vitamins. Otherwise, all else is the same.

Poppy

I was told that Suboxone can effect the liver if you were to swallow it like a normal pill. I wonder if the same could happen if you were not allowing it to desolve completely?

Junkie

I was also going to ask - Was Subutex admistered by the doc daily or did they give you an Rx for it? Being that Subutex has a high likely hood to be abused, I was just wondering.

Junkie

Ummm, I'm trying to remember. I have old brain affliction!

The first was the yellow football. The next in the office was the same and I started to eat the whole thing and he said "No, just bite off half!" My brain wasn't fully alert at the time (duh!)/Then he gave me some to take home, like one day's worth. Then I had a prescription that was definitely for Suboxone, but 2mg. each. The following week he gave me a script for 8mg. pills.

You know, when I left the office the first time, I kinda felt high. I had that warm feeling rushing down my arms--you know the feeling. I thought it was a high from being so relieved in my mind since that morning I was terrified, but maybe it was euuphoria; something I hadn't felt from my Vics in quite a while.

I have been dissolving the pills in my mouth fully. Sometimes I rush it along by swirling it around a bit under my tounge. The taste of it isn't that great.

Have a great night BSG!

PQ
    Suboxone started 9/26/05

67muscle is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by PoppyQueen

Hi Tony,

Ain't it great? So what are you doing for pain? How much Sub are you taking daily? I've never taken Morphine but I know it's the cadillac of pain killers. Beating an addiction to that through Suboxone says alot.

This forum is my sanctuary. No one except my husband knows of my drug addiction and I only told him 2 months ago. That was really difficult, but I presented it to him in a way of a problem and a solution. I had already decided upon the Suboxone at that time. So I finished up all my scripts and was down to my last pill when I started treatment.

So this is the place where I can relate to everyone, listen to their stories, and we can therefore help each other.

Have a great opiate-free day!

PQ
    Suboxone started 9/26/05

I have been contemplating getting on a Suboxone regimen to help me quell my addition to Oxycontin. Believe it or not I take 10-12 80mg. Oxycontin per day and my addiction is way out of control. I have spent a fortune on this drug and feel more and more guilty every day that I am robbing my wife and children to fuel my needless addiction. I wanted to know if it is possible to function somewhat normally when transitioning from Oxycontin to Suboxone. I can not break away from my business for 30 days in order to seek a regular rehab. treatment, and I need to be able to function at at least 75%. I weigh roughly 250lbs. and have already described my intake of Oxycontin so what dosage is usually adequate to help keep me out of severe withdrawl? If anyone is currently taking Suboxone here that is actually functioning normal? Also, does the Suboxone cause any symptoms of depression?

Hey 67Muscle: That's a lot of Oxy you're taking. Suboxone would help you tremendously. You will stop taking the moment you start Suboxone treatment. Call them, explain what you're on and ask if they could help you. In the long run it'll be way cheaper than oxy's. The doc. will help you decide how much you need to take, I can't answer that. Most folk can adjust their dosage after the first 24 hours.

My Doc. told me ahead of time that my withdrawals would be about 80% relieved. 20 mins. after I took the pill my withdrawals eased up. You'll probably have to stop Oxy 24 hours before you start Sub. It should also relieve the desire for Oxy and you shouldn't experience depression, although an anti-depressant may be a good idea. It depends if you need it or not after you start treatment. I was already on an anti-depressant when I started.

Good luck! It's a better choice than continuing with Oxy's or going through withdrawal.

PQ
    Suboxone started 9/26/05
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-06-2015 at 11:59 PM.

67muscle - I'm not an expert on Suboxone, but I have done some research on it. You appear to be a perfect candidate for it. I hate to be repetitive since I know Tony hates it but the Suboxone reps recommend professional and/or NA therepy along with the Suboxone. Otherwise, they say that the chance of relapse is extremely high. I know people who have been clean for a few years from a combination of Inpatient therepy and NA meetings. I also know others who have talked one on one with therapists who specialize on addiction. You have to find what is right for you.

Also, remember, when you start taking Suboxone, you are still taking an opiate. That is why a lot of people say they get high from it at first - it is another opiate. Really it should be used as a weaning tool in my opinion. My research says that the key is to get off Suboxone in a timely fashion, they you will be truly painkiller free. It is definitely a step in the right direction for you though. Good luck!

Chrish

quote:Originally posted by 67muscle

I have been contemplating getting on a Suboxone regimen to help me quell my addition to Oxycontin. Believe it or not I take 10-12 80mg. Oxycontin per day and my addiction is way out of control. I have spent a fortune on this drug and feel more and more guilty every day that I am robbing my wife and children to fuel my needless addiction. I wanted to know if it is possible to function somewhat normally when transitioning from Oxycontin to Suboxone. I can not break away from my business for 30 days in order to seek a regular rehab. treatment, and I need to be able to function at at least 75%. I weigh roughly 250lbs. and have already described my intake of Oxycontin so what dosage is usually adequate to help keep me out of severe withdrawl? If anyone is currently taking Suboxone here that is actually functioning normal? Also, does the Suboxone cause any symptoms of depression?

Anrob (Tony) - thanks for clearing the air. I feel much better now.

quote:Originally posted by anrob11

Hi Chrish1 It's anrob11 replying to your post of 11/7. Sorry for the delay, but I am way behind in respondiding to all who have sent postings. [|)]

I would like to clear the air about our last exchange. First, let me say that no offense was taken. Second, although I do find your enthusiasm repetitive and sometimes even frustrating [V], you have as much right as anyone to speak your mind and you do have something to give to others. [^] Third, I guess all I was trying to say was [u]take care of yourself first by working the steps, in order, without twelve stepping</u>. Based on your reply, you appear to be heading in the right direction.

God Bless ... Tony [8D]

I found a really good site and forum for personal stories about opiate addiction/withdrawal, Suboxone, etc
    Lots of folks on Suboxone, getting off Suboxone, etc. Some really informative reading!

Have a great day!

PQ
    Suboxone started 9/26/05
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-07-2015 at 12:03 AM.

Thank you guys for the advise. I am going to get started on the Suboxone as soon as possible and will keep all of you updated on my progress. My biggest fear is sinking into another powerful bout of depression which happens to me every time I come off the Oxy. My PNP told me I should get an antidepressant into my syetem before I get off the Oxy as to prevent or lessen the depression. I just don't want to use another excuse as to why I haven't started to clean up.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast