Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Suboxone might be easier to stop than you think
    shiftytron is offline New Member

Default Suboxone might be easier to stop than you think

Hey guys, I have been lurking on the forum for the last few weeks leading up to quitting suboxone. I read a lot of peoples diaries about quitting and I just wanted to add something that I hope might help someone out...

Quitting suboxone was really easy for me. It might be easy for you too. I read all these threads and my Dr. and all his nurses made it out to be such a big deal that I was scared ********less to quit. I have been on them for almost a year now. I decided a few weeks ago that I was going to stop. I weaned myself down to 2mg a day over about 3 weeks (down from 16) ...and then I just quit.

I felt like ******** for about 36 hours but to be honest, I have had hangovers that were worse. Having the flu would have been worse. It's been 4 days since my last dose now and I feel awesome. The withdrawals were not nearly as bad as I expected and it didn't last nearly as long as I expected. Nothing like coming off a long H binge. Not even 10% of >>>>>> withdrawals.

There is a lot of great advice here. A lot of great advice on other forums as well. I just wanted to add my $.02

You can quit. You CAN do it!!! And it may not be nearly as bad as everyone says...

That is all. Good luck everyone and take care.

Shifty
    MorphicDooh and Windy day like this.

intelmetal is offline Senior Member

Default Suboxone hangovers

Quote Originally Posted by shiftytron View Post
    Hey guys, I have been lurking on the forum for the last few weeks leading up to quitting suboxone. I read a lot of peoples diaries about quitting and I just wanted to add something that I hope might help someone out...

Quitting suboxone was really easy for me. It might be easy for you too. I read all these threads and my Dr. and all his nurses made it out to be such a big deal that I was scared ********less to quit. I have been on them for almost a year now. I decided a few weeks ago that I was going to stop. I weaned myself down to 2mg a day over about 3 weeks (down from 16) ...and then I just quit.

I felt like ******** for about 36 hours but to be honest, I have had hangovers that were worse. Having the flu would have been worse. It's been 4 days since my last dose now and I feel awesome. The withdrawals were not nearly as bad as I expected and it didn't last nearly as long as I expected. Nothing like coming off a long H binge. Not even 10% of >>>>>> withdrawals.

There is a lot of great advice here. A lot of great advice on other forums as well. I just wanted to add my $.02

You can quit. You CAN do it!!! And it may not be nearly as bad as everyone says...

That is all. Good luck everyone and take care.

Shifty
    Shifty, I hate too burst your bubble, but you have not even reached the point of withdrawal symptoms. Sorry, but you better prepare for the worst and hope for the best. You might even have to get back on the subs and do a slow taper. I hope that I am wrong and that you are blessed. It would be a miracle !!!
    Steve

newyorkgal is offline Advanced Member

Shifty, your post sounds amazing and inspiring as well. Not to put a damper on things, but from what I hear, sub has such a long half life that sometimes the real w/d's don't start for 4 or 5 days. I don't know though. Everyone is different and I think it's wonderful for you that you found it so easy. I, on the other hand, tapered to .25 and the RLS nearly drove me nuts. I would be extremely interested in hearing how you feel a few days from now. I hope and pray you feel exaxtly as you do today.

CrissyBlueEyes is offline Junior Member

I have jumped 3 times off of Suboxone and landed on Vicodin every time. I was on for 3.5 years. The same Dr. that prescribed my opiates was also my Suboxone Dr. Go figure....

Anywho, day 5 is when you will start to feel it. I jumped from .25mg and still felt real bad! I have been trying to get off the vics since my last jump in August of last year. Subs are good to keep you off of the opiates as long as you are on them, but if you jump the wrong way you are in for a world of hurt.

4 days now of vics now. Longest I have gone....Wish me luck!~
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-25-2010 at 07:54 PM.

Default Suboxone's stacking effect

I did some quick math to see what amount of suboxone would still be in someones system after only 2 weeks on subs @ 2mgs per day. I am not taking into consideration all of the higher doses one would have taken to get down to 2mgs. This obviously would make my figure much higher.
    I will assume that the half life of suboxone is only 36 hours for this example, it could be longer, which would only add to the total in one's system. After only 14 days of taking 2mgs per day, one would have 3mgs still hanging around (minimum) in them. Jumping off at this dose would be pure hell for almost everyone, and it would take at least 7-9 days to feel peak withdrawals. The first few days are easy because you still have opiates in your receptors. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong. I do not like putting out bad information. I just want people to realize that they are not jumping off of the dose they took last in this example.
    Beware of the stacking up the drug even when taking the same amount everyday.
    I wish you all the best and hope you are all successful.
    Steve

sisterwin2 is offline Member

shify...... I was on sub for about 6mo. Wean to a smiget then jumped. The wean took a few mo. Day 8 was my worse day and just the beginning of a long drawn out wd. True, not near as bad as ct from H but last much longer. at 7mo I was still in wd. I had urines frequently by my MD (not sub MD) and it was over three weeks post jump before I was clean. This was from a weighted dose of .01. Had to use a scale the meaured .001mg.

Everyone is different... hope you won the lotto! Keep the spirit going.. big help.

End of day five. Feel fine...little bit sore and worn out but I have been working hard the last few days...maybe a little more sore than I would be if I was still on subs...

I will update if anything changes, but I am sure the worst is behind me. Just glad to be rid of it. Wish I had given it an honest try sooner.

take care.

newyorkgal is offline Advanced Member

Everyone is different and you're a very lucky fellow, shifty. Good for yoU!

Default suboxone taper

Quote Originally Posted by shiftytron View Post
    End of day five. Feel fine...little bit sore and worn out but I have been working hard the last few days...maybe a little more sore than I would be if I was still on subs...

I will update if anything changes, but I am sure the worst is behind me. Just glad to be rid of it. Wish I had given it an honest try sooner.

take care.
    shifty, I am really happy for you, I mean that. You are so fortunate to not have the normal symptoms when stopping subs. The most common symptoms the first week are sneezing, yawning, watery eyes, fatigue, depression, and sort of a surreal feeling like coming out of a fog but wobbly, you may be a little clumsy. This is usually followed by a short honeymoon period where you feel invigorated and proud. After a few weeks, the giddiness goes away and depression sets in. This will happen in waves and is the time to be most vigilant. A lot of people relapse during this period.
    Anyway, it is awesome to see someone get off easy. Stay strong and sober !!!
    Steve

seven days since my last dose. I feel like a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I can't believe that I spent so long in that fog...I am lucky that my woman has stayed by my side, I am lucky that I didn't loose all I have, My wife, my company, my home, my life...I know that if I had stayed on subs any longer I would have killed myself. I would have killed myself. It's all that I have thought about for months...I couldn't feel anything when I was on subs. nothing. I wanted to die. I could look into the eyes of my girl, the most wonderful, most beautiful, most talented, most fun, most amazing woman I have ever met in my life....and by some miracle loves me too...I could look into her eyes and feel nothing. I was in a daze. I was the walking dead. I deserved to die. how she put up with me so long I'll never know...I was better when I was banging 2 grams of >>>>>> every day. much better. Nothing brings you to your knees like subs....nothing drains the life from you...the will to live...nothing is worse than subs...nothing else can make you beg like that. Whoever invented the ******** should be drug out into the street and shot. I have nothing but hate for the doctor that put me on them. I should have known better, but I trusted him...the only consolation is that I don't think that he knows any better either. He has never been where we have. He can't possibly understand. I can't hold it against him. Although I want to. I want to do justice upon him...but I won't. Life is to short to hold a grudge. much too short by far...it's short brothers and sisters...life is fleeting...it's beautiful...it's delicate...it's hard...it's what it is.

I ran 7 miles today before the sun came up. Made love to my wife 3 times this morning then climbed 3000 feet working on broadcast towers...hung a new digital antenna which entailed climbing a 1000ft tower twice, then changed the lights in a tower nearby whose owner saw us working and offered to pay someone on my crew to help him out...I just did it for the ******** of it...because you only have a precious short time on this world and you might as well be doing something!!! And an extra $1,500 cash is a nice thing to bring home at the end of a long day...

I love my life, I love my wife, I may go back to >>>>>> but I will never, ever, not for the world let another sub pass thorough my lips as long as I live. Never.

Listen, If you live large, if you get high, if you feel the feel...that's fine. that's great. that's living...but at the end of the day you have to pay the butcher...he always gets his quarter...always...always...you can try to avoid it, you can try to put it off, but if you do...if you do it's with interest...with interest at a scandalous price...don't put yourself though that. please. for yourself. for the people you love and those that love you. Just pay...pay the butcher. he gets his price and he ain't asking....eventually...he ain't asking...he gets it anyway...and on his own terms...you will pay his price and you will beg to...

Much love. Have a great holiday weekend.
    aaron

Default Suboxone

aaron, I feel your joy right through the screen of my monitor. Life is so awesome when you are off of subs. They are the worst drug to be addicted to. At least with other opiates there is some quality of life, but not much. Sober is the way to go for sure ! I agree that life is short, and find myself doing nice things for people just for the ***** of it. And you know what, I enjoy the $#!T out of it. Good for you man, I am really, really happy for you and your girl. Now go and give her a BIG hug !!! She deserves it !
    Steve

britianyann is offline New Member

Question Too good to be true.

Where did that hate come from. If you had such a terrible time on sub why didn't you find another way? Note, he never came back to tell us he is okay. That day must have hit, and he honestly anyone that made it through that easily would have continued to brag and rag. He wanted someone to follow him and be hurt. Sad... Please forgive, all people aren't so hurtful.

I honestly hope that we could jump and be through. However, it was the suboxone that let him get to a point of getting clean. Suboxone gives you that chance. It is usually all the damage that you have done to yourself that gives you PAWS, but a lot of people forget what they did prior to suboxone. Like you wouldn't have to go through PAWS because a dr. was kind enough to place you on this medication. It keeps those without hope, off drugs. Clearer mind, not spotless but better than it was. And, it is a solution to a true addicts dilemma. I was placed on it due to needing Demerol tapering. To enable me to be put on a pain pump. It made me feel as close to normal as I can. I was happier and thinking clearer. The more I taper Sub the better I feel. Dr. tend to give too much. It has a ceiling cap, meaning less is better. Please do your research first and make sure you get a dr. you like very impt. You'll be stuck with them a long time.

Hope this helps someone.

KCWithHope is offline Junior Member

Guys, I want to echo the original posters sentiments. I jumped off .75mg 12 days ago, and I feel quite a bit better. To the point that my w/d is just in the background and I don't even think about it anymore. I'm finally basically normal. I feel super upbeat and happy, because I have wanted this for YEARS! I'm a good guy, really a great person at heart, and I made some mistakes and it just killed me I got myself into this mess.

The sub really did benefit me, because it allowed me to get control in my life. I had a close friend commit suicide, the girl I was going to marry did some terrible things to me, my Grandpa and Uncle both died, I lost my job, and had to exhaust my savings. It was the most difficult time of my life. I also lost insurance of course. Prior to all that, I got too deep with OC's. At most I did 80mg OC/day or 80mg-100mg Hydro. I went to Sub once I realized I had a dependence and was at 4mg and once I realized what was up - went to 2mg. Then slowly tapered down to .0275mg and after 1yr I jumped. I made it 2 weeks and slowly over the following months resorted back to meddling with opiates. Of course, it became a problem in time.

I knew what was up, and realized well that I just could never take opiates. I just am not someone that can because I like it too much. I can say no though. After the hard times in my life, I took a year to myself to become a better person and deal with some of the issues that were holding me back. I lost touch with all people associated with that bad lifestyle and brought in new positive people. I rebuilt my life and now 2yrs into my new job it's going well. I was able to get a new car finally and I've been doing great. I got on Sub at 2mg and quickly down to 1mg. Then tapered to .75mg. I was on it for 9 months this time.

I jumped at .75mg and I wasn't planning to be at that dose. I'd of rather tapered lower but I couldn't and so I just had no choice. I stopped.

I stopped, and it wasn't that bad at all. It's Day 12.5 and I feel soooooo much better! I went out with friends last night and felt totally normal. Totally forgot about any W/D. I sneeze still but no biggie. It's like I had a cold and it's gone, but I have some small lingering effects. I can sleep now. I eat just fine. Stomach is still slightly raw but I don't take Immodium and it's fine. I met a client today for a lunch meeting, and trust me I couldn't have done that Days 1-7. I feel so happy and upbeat because I'm finally at a good place in my life and I think I deserve that. I am nice to everyone and I try so hard to be a good person. I promised that to my Grandpa before he died, no matter what I would be a good person in this life. I finally don't feel like I'm hiding this secret life or feeling shame because of it. I am so HAPPY! Music is great, I laugh so much at things, I also do feel sad at times but it's nice. It's REAL! I appreciate the depth of emotion I feel. I'm just me, with no substances.

I did not have any comfort meds except for 4 Somas and 5 Flexeril during the hard times. Smoked mary jane Days 1-10. Ibuprofen, Naproxen, L-Tyrosine, Melatonin, Unisom, Water, Smoothies, Food. I'm free guys, I'm free! I will never do this again.

Ask me questions if you like, but I'm serious I made it! Just wait for Day 20! I bet I'll feel so great! I'm 85% now, but I'm not depressed or sad. I'm so happy because I have wanted this for years guys. I can't explain how much it means to me. This is everything to me. It was one of the harder things I had to get through, but after Day 7 I noticed improvements slowly then Day 10-12 I felt MUCH BETTER!!!!!!

THANKS!

rosemaryk4 is offline New Member

[ deleted ]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-31-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    lichan1050 and Kfp1422 like this.

rosemaryk4 is offline New Member

Intelmetal, you are so wrong! Why don't you tell your experience instead of saying Shifty is wrong. Have you ever been on Suboxone? If you never been on Suboxone, then in my opinion you don't have a voice in this matter. I had a similar experience as Shifty. I've been off Suboxone for several months now and are you telling me "withdrawals" are just around the corner? I had withdrawals, but they're not as bad as some make them out to be. If you follow the advise of your doctor and prepare yourself both mentally and physically, withdrawals will be there, but not as bad as some make them out to be. Read by brief story below.

shybaybe2003 is offline Member

this thread is two years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemaryk4 View Post
    Intelmetal, you are so wrong! Why don't you tell your experience instead of saying Shifty is wrong. Have you ever been on Suboxone? If you never been on Suboxone, then in my opinion you don't have a voice in this matter. I had a similar experience as Shifty. I've been off Suboxone for several months now and are you telling me "withdrawals" are just around the corner? I had withdrawals, but they're not as bad as some make them out to be. If you follow the advise of your doctor and prepare yourself both mentally and physically, withdrawals will be there, but not as bad as some make them out to be. Read by brief story below.
    Clean and Sober as of 4-25-2011

Real life25 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by britianyann View Post
    Where did that hate come from. If you had such a terrible time on sub why didn't you find another way? Note, he never came back to tell us he is okay. That day must have hit, and he honestly anyone that made it through that easily would have continued to brag and rag. He wanted someone to follow him and be hurt. Sad... Please forgive, all people aren't so hurtful.

I honestly hope that we could jump and be through. However, it was the suboxone that let him get to a point of getting clean. Suboxone gives you that chance. It is usually all the damage that you have done to yourself that gives you PAWS, but a lot of people forget what they did prior to suboxone. Like you wouldn't have to go through PAWS because a dr. was kind enough to place you on this medication. It keeps those without hope, off drugs. Clearer mind, not spotless but better than it was. And, it is a solution to a true addicts dilemma. I was placed on it due to needing Demerol tapering. To enable me to be put on a pain pump. It made me feel as close to normal as I can. I was happier and thinking clearer. The more I taper Sub the better I feel. Dr. tend to give too much. It has a ceiling cap, meaning less is better. Please do your research first and make sure you get a dr. you like very impt. You'll be stuck with them a long time.

Hope this helps someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by britianyann View Post

Hope this helps someone.

In my situation I've learned after being addicted to suboxen for a year that it doesn't matter if uv been doing 8mg a day for a year or 2. Cuz ur WD is the same. Your body takes and stores so much that's it taking more or less only determines how quickly you reach that point of where ur body has all it can store. I know this cuz I've tried and failed 5 times weaned myself down to .16 of a pill then took 7 days off. By the fifth day I was so unmotivated so lazy so tired so weak I couldn't eat couldn't smoke cigarettes and I'm a fifteen year smokers. I can relate to the HATE! I hate subs I hate that I quit once and started back cuz I didn't want to b the one in the relationship not gettin high! I hate myself for being trapped again! I'm fully functional working and supporting but I'm a slave to this orange devil. Suboxen is the devil straight up! The only time I've ever quit box! Running is wat did it 4 me. Well that and I wasn't working took about 3 weeks to have motivation for life and an extras. Not just hygiene and food lol! Suboxen is the worst drug iv ever been addicted to! I would honestly trade my WD for the WD of 3 oxy 80s a day. Cuz with those I just couldn't sleep had the runs all day couldn't get comfortable and knew I only had about 12 days of hell! Subs even weaning down u feel so lazy then when u actually stop u can stop yawning and u can't even roll out of the bed. I pray to god for everyone that is trapped as I'm and I hope someone someday gets on here with a regiment that can get me clean without taking off work cuz that's just not an option! Stick with it people don't give up on quitting we are all in this together and we we will all succeed eventually we are strong we just don't have the right attack plan! But yes we can't fully blame doctors but I think it's safe to say we are just paychecks to 80 percent of doctors ........much love real life

Rocky26 is offline Member

To real life 25 some one on here gave me a regiment saying I should lower my dose every four days taking it down only 25% of what my dose was. I am on 2mg now and in two days I will be down 1.75 then 1.50, 1.25, 1mg, .75mg, .50mg, .25mg and so on! I'm doing it now so I will keep u updated! So keep strong you can do it! I work to and am scared as **ll of going to work while wd is in play! But hey we'll see maybe ill take a week off! If that's even possible!

watergirl1 is offline New Member

Hi watergirl here. I have been reading and following, but this is my first post. I am currently on 2mgs of subs, I plan on weaning down .25 at a time. I am guessing it will probably take at least a year because I have been at this dose for six weeks and still have sensitivity to chg in temp, sweats, and nausea/ stomach pain. My question is has anyone ever tried ibogaine to detox off opiates or subs?

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Watergirl, Make your own thread in the suboxone section of prescription drugs. If you need me to, I will make you a thread, that way people will see it and respond to it.

How long total have you been on subs?
    What mg. were you on before you went to the 2mg.? I have no idea why you aren't stable at the 2mg. by now. Are you taking any other medications? I would hang on to the 2mg. I've never seen anyone not stabilize unless you jumped from a very high dose to 2mg. What you want to do is to stay hydrated, good fruit juices, gatorade, maybe a little ginger ale for your stomach, foods that you can tolerate and that are high in potassium. Stay away from processed foods and energy drinks. Take some hot soaks with epsom salts. Do not even go there with the ibogaine. Totally not worth it.

I will check back on the sub board in prescription drugs and I will check back here to see how you are!

Peace,

Iloerose

watergirl1 is offline New Member

loerose,

Thanks for your reply. Yes. Could you please make me a thread? I have been on suboxone for about seven years. My doctor put me on it for chronic pain issues. I was started at 8mgs. but at times have used 16mgs to control pain. While the pain comes and goes, I feel totally sick (nausea, sweats stomach pain) until I take it each morning. The only other medication that I regularly take is 1mg of klonpin at bed time. I just want off this medication and I am sick of taking it to feel normal. It does not really help with pain anymore. I do eat really healthy, but I most definitely need to drink more H20. Why do you think that ibogaine is not worth it?? and thanks for the tip. I will start consuming more H20 asap.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

Watergirl, I put up a thread for you on the sub forum. Read Alexnt's thread, Came2B's thread, Sharksfan. Those are all great threads with good advice. I will admit that I know nothing of ibogaine, really. On this board, we really don't even talk about it much, I guess if it worked really well, we'd recommend it, but there is no miracle cure for opiate dependence and I do believe that ibogaine is addicting as well.

I made a first post on your thread. If you give more information, I think we can help!

Peace,

Iloerose

joeC44 is offline New Member

i dont know, in my experience the sub withdrawals peaked at about 36 hours. Days 2-5 were the worst, then i started getting better

KCwithhope, nice dude! i kicked the subs too. It actually took me about 4 tries to successfully do it. What finally worked for me was actually abandoning the other garbage - alcohol, weed, sleeping pills and anti-depressants. Stopped all of it (for a lot people benzos help the process, and i tried those too at one point but i kinda had a bad reaction. even with those >> say take em at most for the first few days then taper right off - ultimately, they dont help and probably make the process harder). And I undertook an intensive exercise regimen of 2 yoga classes a day plus two 2-3 mile hikes a day. I ate fruit and vegetables almost exclusively - lotta smoothies (that part was easy; dont really crave steak food when you're kicking).

It wasnt easy, but just doing what my mind screamed not to do -- getting outta bed, moving my body, being active -- it made all the difference. Give in to whats most comfortable and you'll end up more uncomfortable. Again, you're so deppressed and lethargic when you kick, every cell screams at you to lie down. But defying the mind, doing what seems harder, that's the easier path in my opinion. Takes willpower but you know what? A lot of drug addicts have a lot of willpower. They just lack the will to stay clean -- i lacked it for 10 years. Now im off drugs 1 year and my energy is soaring. I feel like i appreciate things more than most other people. And im on a roll. Takes patience. but for me it all started with that kick, with dragging myself outta bed when i didnt want to, then doing it again. Life is still complicated (i got hella debts im still paying), but its been all downhill since those withdrawal days. Im a lot stronger than i thought.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Yeah let me add that i know little about ibogaine but what you said is important - THERE IS NO QUICK FIX. I am not an anti-drug guy. I believe in suboxone therapy for some people, up to a point. I do think some drugs can help people stay off worse drugs (anti-depressants seem to work for some people, psychadelics seem to work for some people, etc). But ultimatley, even if other drugs can help, theyre not the answer. You just have to face your addiction say >>>> it and do the withdrawals. They hurt. And, in most cases, they are exacerbated by the problems we've created. And, like i always say, you're mind (you're "addict mind," if you wanna call it that), urges you to do what you shouldn't, especially during withdrawals, when cravings intensify. Bottom line, the process aint easy ..... But, I repeat, what's easier is harder, what's harder is easier. It's easier to use drugs, but ultimately, it's much harder - life gets so much more complicated. It's harder to taper than not to. And it's WAY harder to face withdrawals than not to, and even harder to do it without crutches (alcohol, weed, sleeping pills, cocaine, whatever people use to power through it). And it's even harder to be constructive during the process -- to exercise, to read, to avoid unhealthy things (sweets, cigarrettes, etc). But again, the easiest path is the hardest path. Push yourself to do what you dont wanna do but which you know is good for you and trust me, the process is that much easier. And you feel that much better about yourself. And staying clean for the long term - and realizing you're strong enough to do it -- is easier.

Harder is easier, is what im saying. it sounds almost trite, but its a difficult thing to stay mindful of, especially when you're so used to an easy fix. But what better time to start developing new habits? Everything is habit-forming -- not just using but not using. Eventually whats difficult - excruciating even -- becomes easy, and then it just becomes second nature almost. Again, i was addicted for 10 years to opiates, i know quitting is hella hard. But i cant tell you, once you conquer the bull>>>>, how much easier it makes things in the long run. ok done rambing.
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

rebelsaint is offline New Member

Im new to the forum....im using my cell and >> like to know how to start a thread please ty to anyone who can help

mouse9470 is offline New Member

I am on suboxone 5 days , came from 30 mg ext release morphine, and should not have started sub's. I havent used anything in the past except pain pills(no other drugs, pot, etc) but I do use ambien. A friend told me suboxone would control my pain from an auto accident just as good, and it doesn't. How quickly should I wean myself down? Based on what I have read that its harder to wean the longer you go, I want to stop asap. Thanks for any help.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mouse9470 View Post
    I am on suboxone 5 days , came from 30 mg ext release morphine, and should not have started sub's. I havent used anything in the past except pain pills(no other drugs, pot, etc) but I do use ambien. A friend told me suboxone would control my pain from an auto accident just as good, and it doesn't. How quickly should I wean myself down? Based on what I have read that its harder to wean the longer you go, I want to stop asap. Thanks for any help.

Subs aren't generally considered a good drug for pain issues so it's no wonder it didn't help like the morphine has. Can you share exactly how much sub you are taking each DAY? That info will help us give the very best advice. You really hven't been on sub that long, and if you dose is low enough you may be in good shape.

If you are taking 2-4mg or higher each day it would probably be best to taper lower then get off. Most here use a plan written by one of our members, Robert325. I used it myself and got off nearly 5 months ago.

You taper by 25% of your current dose every 4 days. You need to be stable before reducing, which means you want to be feeling well at each new dose before tapering further.

If you are on say 1mg per day, you might be able to reduce faster based on your little time of 5 days on the sub. Let us know what you're taking each day dose wise and we'll go from there. You can get off fairly easy either way, and should have minimal symptoms. Take care.

BTW - if you begin your own new thread you'll receive many more responses. This is a older thread belonging to another member so others won;t find you here most of the time. start that thread in the Suboxone section. If you need help let us know. Hope you post back soon!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-21-2014 at 12:59 PM.

mouse9470 is offline New Member

Thank you, I will start a new thread. How exactly do I find the suboxone section, just to be sure I'm in the right place?

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mouse9470 View Post
    Thank you, I will start a new thread. How exactly do I find the suboxone section, just to be sure I'm in the right place?

Here's the link to the Suboxone Section of the forum -

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone-treatment/

Click on "Post New Thread" on the left side -

Just title your thread and post away your story.

If you have trouble finding your thread again just click on your user name. On the left side of your personal page is how many posts you have, recent posts, and the threads you have created. You can find your way back until you learn how things work around here.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-23-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast