Suboxone Withdrawal
    Belle3797 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone Withdrawal

So I was in Suboxone for over a year. I took 8mg a day, and always had trouble trying to make myself take less. I developed anxiety attacks at night over doctors appointments and if insurance would cover the next script and it was getting to be the center of my life. So I decided to just stop. At the 8mg dose. It was maybe not the best decision I ever made. I should have lowered my dosage over time. But that's me. I've always been an all in kind of person, and when I set my mind to something, it's right then and there. It was not easy. At first, I thought I was being spared or wS lucky because for the first few days I didn't feel that bad. Around day four it really hit me. From there on out I was hospitalized a couple times because the shock my body took has caused me to have episodes of SVT, causing my heart to beat over 150 beats per minute. I'm not going to sugar coat anything. It was long and it was emotional and physically draining. It took weeks before I really started feeling better, and a couple months before I felt like I was back to normal. I still have episodes of SVT now, but that's my own fault for not lowering my dose before stopping. But I'm still here and proof that it's possible if you really have the will power. You have to be stronger than the drug. I'm so done having a pill or a strip or a powder tell me how I'm going to live my life. I'm tired of the anxiety. I'm tired of the bills. Things do get better. And I know when I was detoxing I was going online and reading all these things people had to say and I would see them saying how many days they were off the medication and the ones that had like sixty days were saying how good they felt. And I was so jealous because I would be on like day eight wishing I was that other person who was already through the worst of it. But now I can say that time has flown by, and I'm proud to be one of those people. Anybody can do it if you really want it. Good luck.

Dointhis110percent is offline New Member

Wow Belle, I can't believe you jumped from 8mg!! You had the desire and the positive mindset to just STOP!! How long have you been off it now? I can't wait to have a couple months under my belt! I tried to jump from 8mg January 2015 and it was HARD...so hard that on day 4, I took a tiny tiny crumb of subutex that I found and I felt SO SO MUCH BETTER....I had no plan at that time and I felt achy, I couldnt sleep, I couldnt eat, the only thing I could do was sit in the tub or on my couch and listen to music and read the threads on this forum. Honestly Belle, I don't know how you handled it and stuck with it, you're my hero for doing that! As I know how hard it was...

I have been a long time reader and I've seen so much positivity on here that I just wanted to post and say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! You have all inspired me and helped me to make the jump, and things are going well...but I'm doing it alone...and that was scary for me as no one knows, not my boyfriend (who is Very active), friends or my family. I was a closet addict for years after a car accident...you know the story...and I'm so glad that its FINALLY OVER!! I'm crying as I type this, as this is the first time I let anyone know about my issues....

I don't know the protocol on here and I can't figure out how to start my own thread, and I saw Belle's and I just had to tell her how amazing I think she is!! I also wanted to let people know that it's not the end of the world to quit and you CAN DO IT and it DOESNT HAVE TO BE HARD! Belle I'm so sorry to get on your thread like this...I hope it's ok...

Fast forward to today, I am 15 days clean from suboxone and everything else. (Although I do still drink wine.) I decided to get a plan and just do it!! I have to tell you, it wasn't easy, but it wasn't exactly hard either. I've been active and working the entire time. I weened down to .25mg for a few days and then just quit. I was on subs for almost 5 years. I went down to 1mg for almost a year, then went to .5, the .3, for a few weeks, then .25 for a few days, then quit. I used a liquid taper.

I haven't had any real issues except sleep and energy...i'm so so tired some days (like today) and I have NO, I mean NO motivation to do anything. And it's been tough as my boyfriend doesnt understand why I've been so tired and emotional....BUT there are SO MANY POSITIVE THINGS about quitting!! I laugh A LOT MORE, like ALL the time! Sex is just AMAZING (I know, but it had to be said), food tastes so good, I think I've gained a lb or two, colors, smells, everything is better...

There are some days that I have so much energy that I don't know what to do with myself then there are other days when i feel like lead and have no motivation to do anything (like today), but ITS OK I know it's just my body and brain getting back to normal (whatever that is)...some nights I don't sleep or I get such little sleep it feels like no sleep. but then there are some days that I sleep a solid 8 hours! Its so odd...

I just want to let people know that YOU CAN GET OFF and it CAN BE SUCCESSFUL!!! Just prepare yourself, get a POSITIVE mindset (like Belle, vitamins, a plan of action, some supplements to help...I can explain more later if anyone wants to know what I used to help with withdrawal. please comment and I'll respond as soon as I can...I'm in the health and wellness field so I have knowledge on good supplements and what helped me the most. Although we are all different so different things may help different people, you just have to try it and see what you like....but please FREE YOURSELF AS YOU DONT HAVE TO BE A SLAVE TO THIS DRUG YOU CAN GET OFF AND IT DOENST HAVE TO BE DEBILITATING AND YOU DONT HAVE TO BE SCARED!!! There are SO many great people on this forum to help! THANK YOU ALL!!! MUCH LOVE