• 1 Post By SuzieOf
  • 1 Post By meremor231
  • 2 Post By Tryingmybest
  • 1 Post By Lvg nghtmare
  • 1 Post By Randy35
Suboxone Withdrawal Success
    AudioProRec is offline New Member

Default Suboxone Withdrawal Success

Hey guys, this is my first post on here. I've read this site for quite some time now and I feel like I can comfortably post on this site. Many of you have some problem getting off Suboxone and it's totally natural to ask questions. If you didn't have the help of others, God only knows where you would be. So that's why I'm on this site, I want to help people conquer their addictions and give them the best advice I can give. Please note that I am not a doctor and have a college degree in music. However, through my college experiences I have "experimented" with almost every single drug, been addicted to opiates and Suboxone, and have been through every single emotional state a human being can suffer through. I turned to Suboxone because I did not want to be an opiate addict anymore. Trying to pay my way through college alone caused me to have no health insurance. So the Suboxone i would receive was in fact illegally obtained and I do not promote this kind of activity at all. Because of this reason, my brain thought of the Suboxone I was getting was like any other illegal drug. After a week of using Suboxone while completely off other opiates, (so other users on here can connect with me, I'll tell you the drugs that I had a huge problem getting off until Suboxone came along: >>>>>>, Percocet, Hydrocodone, etc... cocaine, weed, and xanax) I didn't feel any better then when i was taking other opiates. Then I began snorting it to achieve the euphoric feeling, to make myself happy, to get through school. It was cheap and available, so i used and struggled with snorting Suboxone for over three years. It came to be that I would be using Suboxone to get through my day and feel normal, and use other drugs recreationally to get that "high feeling. It was then that I realized I was addicted to Suboxone, not any other opiate. I had tried to quit so many times but I failed. But then, that "I'm sick of this feeling, I'm done with drugs" feeling started. Unlike before, I had motivation and legitimate reasons to stop. I was losing friends, didn't date a girl for 2 years, my family saw changes in me and I was acting out. It hurt me deep. The only thoughts going through my head were "if I stop now, can I do it on my own? If I stop now, will my life be boring? Will I be sick for weeks?" This post is getting quite long so i'll fast forward. The day came where I threw out every last drug I had in the toilet. I felt so good about myself for doing this. But withdrawal is 50% mental as it is 50% physical. I began to feel the immediate effects of withdrawal instantly. I was in pain. I didn't eat. I didn't sleep. I didn't go out anymore. Now it seemed like I was struggling with depression than anything else. These symptoms lasted literally less than a week, believe it or not. I knew that i couldn't go to my family, they wouldn't have the heart for it, and I couldn't get treatment because I was jobless and did not have health insurance. I turned to music. Music had been my entire life, and even though the drugs had effected me, I found the one thing that got me through the withdrawal so quickly - music. After only roughly one week, I had gone from depressed, anxious, and apathetic to finally starting to be my old self again. What I'm trying to say here is, don't take the withdrawal process minute by minute and hour by hour, but instead find that motivation, find that peace of mind through it all. There's something in this world that make us happy and you have to find it. You have to dig into your past and start doing things you did before the drug addiction. As your laying there, sweating and anxious and a mess, tell yourself you can get through this. Get a notebook, write down every single last thing that used to make you happy. Think of this process day by day, week by week. Don't sit there staring at a clock counting those agonizing minutes. Mid-way through that week of withdrawal a good friend of mine suggested these very same things. I told myself "well what the hell, I've got nothing else to do, and I'm out of options. So I'll attempt it." And look at how far I've come. From abusing hard opiates, to going on Suboxone for three years, to abusing cocaine and other drugs, to withdrawaling, crying and praying to God to let me fall asleep for once, to finally getting out of that damn bed and doing something about it. Music changed my life. So please, if any of you have any questions, or need help, don't feel afraid to ask. I'm here to help all of you get through this
    NikkiLP and dontwait like this.

DrizzyDrake is offline Member

I found it easier when I would run out to withdraw at work. Why? because at home you just stare at the clock, waiting for the day to end because you know by day 4 it gets better. You gotta find something, whether it's a game or something to take your mind off it. I'm glad you got through it.

I had no idea you could snort suboxone, if I ever took it wrong under my tounge I would throw up.

stopthepain is offline New Member

audioprorec~
    i read your post and feel inspired by what you wrote. i used methadone for 12 years and >>>>>> (on top of top of the methadone) for 12+ years. last year i decided to move to an area where i couldn't get methadone or dope and got onto suboxone. it's been one terrible year of wd's but i keep pushing thru knowing that the sooner i get thru this the sooner i can get back to enjoying life the way i use to.
    i am now down to 1/8 of a 2mg a day. at first i thought i had the flu, but now that i am now walking on a month of this really sick feeling i begin to think i may be in serious wd's. i've gone to the doc 3 times and they say that i have a viral illness. maybe i really am in wd's. i am really sick either way! none the less, i feel terrible and reading what you wrote gives me a bit of hope. thanks for your encouragement to those of us that are still in the midst of getting clean.

oh and one last thing as background info. i had insurance which helped me walk down from 3-8mgs a day down to the 1/8 of a 2mg a day, but now my insurance is up and i have to do this on my own so having encouragement helps!
    thanks!!
    Michael88713 likes this.

thismeanswar is offline New Member

Wow, you have no idea how similar our stories are. I'm in the process of getting rid of all things dope in my life myself, the last physical element being an addiction to suboxone. Today is day 13 since i "jumped off" of 2mg sub, and I have to say I really feel GREAT compared to the first week. Everyones withdrawal process is different, since it comes down to a combination of so many factors - mental attitude, metabolism, environment, diet (or non-diet), exercise etc. But I've heard people say that sub WDs are a lot worse than opiate WDs, wich is - to use a medical term - bull********. It all depends on how slow and controlled you decrease the dosage; there's a right way and there's a wrong way. I've read on these boards about people going cold turkey from 8mg, and that's basically asking to get your head kicked in. Even me, stopping at 2mg was waay to high. I wish I knew that earlier, as it probably would have made this process a whole lot easier. In another thread on this board I found a solid, tried-and-true tapering-plan written by a member with more experience in these things than most MDs. Anyone considering coming off of subs, this is mandatory reading:

Robert's Plan: https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

I posted my story in another thread, but in case some of you can identify or find any sort of help in it, I'll paste it here.

"(...) I have been living the classic double-life pretending to be a clean & serene thirty year old guy in front of parents, my friends and my ex-gf that i lived with for two years up until last christmas.

Drugs have been a hobby/interest/evil curse on and off in my life since senior year, the favourites being weed/hash and speed. It has been far from constant use all these years, but rather in periods - you know how it is. For the last four or five years I have been going back and forth between using (smoking) opiates and trying to "fix" my problems by buying subs illegally. I know all too well that I should have been open and tried to get help, but I've been scared blind that my straight girlfriend would find out and break up with me, that the recovery process would destroy my career and slam my life back to square one. I've also been afraid of coming clean to my GP (pun sort of intended) and telling him everything. I have struggled with depression and adhd-symptoms all my adult life, and I'm in the process of getting help for these mental issues. But there's a lot of intolerance and prejudice towards people with drug problems in our health care system, so I've been afraid of being labeled as "just an addict" with mental problems as a consequence of abuse when it's (in my opinion) the other way around. Wow, what a rant.

The bitter irony, of course, is that the consequences of me continuing my double-life just piled up and made me lose two great jobs and contributed to my relationship slowly ripping apart at the seams. So these past months as my ex has moved to Africa to do charity work and I've become unemployed and deeply depressed, I've been lucky enough to be able to live at my parents house, coping with the grief of loosing "everything" and trying to get back on my feet. I was foolish enough to think that the subs and my addiction was something I could deal with later, at some undefined point in the future when I was strong enough to do so. "Mañana, mañana", as they say.

Before I moved back here I made sure I had enough subs to keep me from getting sick, without having any sort of plan what to do when they ran out. Subconsciously I probably started panicking when I just had two 8mgs left, since sudden cravings made me take twice my usual daily dose of 2mg. But instead of jumping on a bus for the 1hr ride to the city (Oslo, for you geography-buffs out there) in order to stock up, I finally decided that enough was enough. I've tried quitting several times before, but there's always been some (not-at-all-valid) reason to continue. This time, there was / is no reason to keep the biggest lie of my life going. One might say that burying "The Lie" by removing the cause of it isn't really fixing it, unless I tell the truth to everyone. But I've been paying the price for not having to tell anyone by suffering these past days in silence. But here's my point; I haven't felt all that alone, because of you guys. For every single "stay strong" or "hang in there" you have written, I've felt better (or, less bad) and less lonely. So thank you all for sharing your stories and for all your prayers and support. I guarantee that there are more forum readers like me here that feel the same way.

I'm not out of the woods yet - even though the worst WDs have subsided I'm still awfully lethargic and reeeeeally nauseated, as well as these awful "stretchies" (you know what I mean :P ) But I'm slowly getting my strength back, and I'm going to need it for the next battle: staying clean. Now I know that talking to people in the same situation can make everything easier, so I'm definitely going to find a support-group.

Finally, to all of you who are struggling through this as well, I want to quote a forum-member (unfortunately, I can't remember who) that said something that has really stuck with me:

"Ultimately, I know you can do this. After all - it has to be done."
    (...)

So... yeah. That was written exactly one week ago, and I've come a long way since then. I'm not nauseated, and I feel more and more energetic every day. This is starting to become a long post, so I'll round off with saying thanks to audioprorec for starting this thread, so that people can see that it can be done. I really have to second his opinions on the mental process - there's so much talk about neurons, proteins and the physical body that one tends to forget to work on the mental attitude. Still - I believe a lot can be accomplished by consuming extra nutrients, look through the "subutex withdrawals" thread for details. And yeah, music is brilliant therapy! I'll do my best to answer any questions about my process, I've received so much help from these boards that the least I could do is pay it forward. Much love from Norway!

Jddrew1 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone I need help

Hi, I am 21 years old and having problems getting off snorting suboxone I tried 2 times before and It is just so painful idk if I could do it again I get severe back pain and can't leave my bed It is the worst pain I have ever felt.I also get nausea and feel cold but sweaty. I am already depressed do to the fact that I moved away from home and now have no job no friends and no family to talk to, no outside communication at all. I need help on getting off this drug without that pain. Is there any other way to get off without dealing with the back pain I tried hydrocodone and 800mg ibuprofen but it does not change anything. please reply.

Thanks in advance.

halo5ive is offline New Member

Default just my XP w/ suboxone WD...

i just recently got off suboxone, and when i first started tapering off i was very freaked out because i read alot of blogs where people were talking about how they were still feeling horrible after a month of being off it.. fortunately i finally came across one that said it's all relative to how long you've been on it and at what dose, and i found that to be absolutely true, so i wanted to reiterate that here for anyone who maybe has just gotten on suboxone or is trying to kick it and maybe a little freaked out...just remember it's all relative. suboxone saved my ass, i had a pretty out of control pill habit that developed after some serious back injuries, and i went on the subs when i repeatedly failed to be able to get my percocet problem under control. living in a relatively small town with only one suboxone clinic with a very long waiting list, i had to get mine through less than legal means, but that fact ended up helping me in the end - i was on a relatively low dose for a short period of time, and i tapered off slowly, down to literally powder when i came off. the worst of the w/d was feeling fatigued for a couple days, and by day four i was pretty much back to my old self again. don't get me wrong, without the subs, i would still have a serious perc problem, i never would have been able to do it on my own. but i'm glad i didn't stay on them for long, because from all that i've heard and read if you're on them at a high dose for a long period of time you're gonna have a rough time coming off it no matter what, just like with methadone (i know that from personal XP cuz i was on methadone for 3 1/2 many moons ago, and even tapering off at 1mg every 2wks i was still miserable when i finally came off altogether). my recommendation is to stay on the lowest dose possible for the shortest time period you feel comfortable, and then taper off gradually to the very smallest amount you can...don't jump off at 2mg or even 1mg if you can swing it, get all the way down to .3 or .2 mg if there's any way possible. i know that this isn't feasible for everyone, and there are alot of ppl that do need to be on 20 mgs for a year or 2, but this is just my XP and i hope it helps someone out there.

stephen spano is offline New Member

Unhappy >>>>>> to sub-oxen to being normal?

this is a desperate response to the gentleman who posted the text on "kicking suboxun" I am a >>>>>> addict who recently found Suboxen. I found if I take 3 or 4 10mg orange pills I'd be absolutely fine... but just for a week. Then the withdrawls began. So I'd use >>>>>> again and found I needed to take more orange (Suboxen) pills until I was finally needing 18 pills to make me well for that week. Long story short, something happened and I needed to quit everything so I went "cold turkey" Well as before the withdrawls began a week later but are not as bad as straight >>>>>> D.T.s. Still sleep is next to impossible and the main symtom is a terrible acidy feeling right in my heart... extremely uncomfortable. Well today it's been a week and the pain is just as bad. You mentioned the pain went away for you in one week...but I was taking a hell of a lot more than you. MY QUESTION IS: HOW LONG IS THIS GOING TO TAKE. the sleep depveration is zapping me bad.
    Dailywitness likes this.

SuzieOf is offline Member

Wow, Stephen you went cold turkey from such a huge amount! Have you read the posts here by Robert_325? He has a great plan for tapering off Subs in a painless way but you have to taper 25% every four days. My experience with subs after taking them for 3 years was that taking more actually worked against you and less is better. I wonder when you felt that you needed so much to feel normal if it wasn't mental instead of physical? Because I imagine it would be hard to believe a small part of one pill could hold off >>>>>> withdrawals. You are incredibly brave to have made it this far. I hope Robert comes here and gives you advice. Hang in there
    Dailywitness likes this.

KCWithHope is offline Junior Member

Yo, let me be the first to say it's sure as hell not a cake walk either. If you don't taper your dose down...well it's not fun.

I mean, I've had my ass kicked and yeah I'm fine today but I wouldn't of minded not having a severe concussion.

Luckily the human body and mind can and does heal, but it TAKES TIME!

I had a much lighter dependence than many, and it doesn't just fade away in a week. That's misleading. It's not nearly as bad as many people make it to seem - but they may truly have such a negative experience due to not tapering or what have you. I knew exactly what I was up against and I have tapered in the past. It makes it achieveable. It sure as hell wasn't fun though. It was actually pretty terrible and I surely don't ever want to go through it again. It was like the flu, but probably more annoying and less actually life threatening.

There is a silver lining. If withdrawl didn't suck, would you really be as motivated to stay clean and sober? Honestly, we can all admit it felt good and/or gave us something to take opiates. I love the way it makes me feel, but over time I saw how it would ruin me and my life and so it's just one of those things I can't do. I also like to have sex, but I don't patronize hookers. You just have to know what you can and can't do.

Please though, as someone who is on Day 15 and I do feel pretty solid - don't make others think if they feel pretty terrible on the second week that they aren't normal or that they are weak. It's a long half life and it's not fun, but you can beat it. Taper that dose down low, it's the best way to do it.

I totally agree though, if you can try to go on about your life it's best. I couldn't until Day 10 I think? I think that was the first day I actually went out with friends. Before hand, I did go to work every day. It sucked but at least it made me pass the time. You must reach the mindset where you literally have no option but to quit.

Just like the original poster, I don't have insurance nor the money to continue and frankly I was so pissed off at opiates in general. I also just wanted to be a better person.

What got me through was this: no matter how bad you feel that day, you're becoming a better person each day. Each day, you are becoming a better person even if you don't see it or realize it at the time. You will and this too shall pass. God bless and good luck. I'm doing well enough at Day 15 but I look forward to this being a month behind me as it still does effect my energy in a way that makes a sales job kind of a pain. Ah well, small price to pay.

Dailywitness is offline New Member

For me, Suboxone withdrawal was a cake walk compared to lortab withdrawal. I simply cut my dose to 1 mg from 8 mg after 3 months and then quit cold turkey. I was afraid of Suboxone withdrawal (only for the depression and lack of energy). All that happened was I was shaky and had the runs in the morning. Sub saved my life and my dignity. When used properly, it will give you your life back. People with horrible opiate habits should remain on Sub as long as it takes. If you're ready to kick Sub and woon't relapse into Opiate addiction, have no fear, the withdrawal is MILD in comparison to other full agonist opiates. You feel malaise, but it's more in your head than anything.

Dailywitness is offline New Member

I agree. I was on it for a couple months and then my supply was cut off. I had the shakes and the runs for a couple days, but the withdrawal was so mild compared to pill withdrawal, I was laughing at how afraid I was to kick Sub. I truly felt fine and at peace during what was supposed to be "horrible Sub withdrawal". Maybe it's all relative because pill withdrawal SUCKED. I did that cold turkey too.

Clion is offline New Member

I started suboxone two days ago four mg/day. Quit 150+ mg/day hydrocodone habit three weeks ago and couldn't take wd symptoms. Should I try Roberts plan to quit suboxone or stay on 4 mg/ day for awhile?

Clion is offline New Member

And at the 4 mg/day level is it safe to take a 2-3 30 mg restoril for sleep? Took 2 last night and needed a other one at 5 am just to get 3 hours sleep.

Caliguire85 is offline New Member

Exclamation I need some help

I myself am trying to come off of suboxone after being on it for three years and have gotten into the habit of abusing it. I'm really nervous about this, but im sick of being dependent on something all the time.

meremor231 is offline New Member

Default I'm on day 4 and hoping for some encouragement to get through this

I am 22 years old. I am posting this thread because I am desperate for some hope, any hope.

I think I just want to tell my true story as I have never been completely honest to everyone about my addiction,

As a young girl I was a bit of the wild child who's worried single mother could barely keep contained. I started at a young age experimenting with, in my opinion, not so serious drugs like marijuana and hanging with older people. I met this boy when I was 15 and he was 17, we fell in love and were what others called, each others shadows. He was a bit ruff and tuff around the edge country boy, but that's exactly what made me fall for him. His father had just recently passed away when we met and that of course hit him hard. He got into a bit of trouble and caught a serious charge that affected his life dramatically for almost 7 years. I met him right after he got this charge.

He was the first one I ever did prescription pain meds with. We began spending large sums of money on prescription pain meds and getting high was our daily routine for what I would say about a year straight.
    As I remember, we had done Opanas for about a week straight and coming off of that was a b****. About this time, we had these friends of ours that said they had went to a doctor and the wife was prescribed subutex. They were pregnant with their 3rd child, (which is so dangerous while on subs, as I have witnessed) and could use the money so they began selling them to us.

I believe once we started the subs I was 17 and he was 20. We had made an oath to each other we were done with hard opiates. This change rocked our relationship but somehow we stayed together. My boyfriend was still able to achieve a euphoric "high" feeling from subutex but as I recall, I seldom have noticed being "high" while on subutex. Together we would split an 8 mg subutex each of us taking our dose both AM and PM which ended up being about 4mg a day for the both of us.
    We continued buying these subutex from our friends for about 2 years until the supply began becoming shaky. My boyfriend heard about a great doctor that had an opening at his office for Suboxone treatment. We saw this doctor for about 2 years until he was caught abusing his license. We found another doctor and have seen him until recently. My boyfriend doesnt have medical insurance it has been very expensive to maintain and as we have gotten older and busier in our lives he struggled to find the time off work along with the annoyance of finding an excuse to his boss of having to leave work to go to doc apts so often (once a month on top of the NA meetings once every other month). Because of this he was especially eager to be done with these once and for all.

My boyfriend has proven to have much more self discipline than I could ever dream of having as and began tapering himself off of these meds. He did this for about 6 months lowering his dosage from half a day with 2 doses per day to nearly 1mg once a day. Unfortunately I was not able to keep up with him and was only able to lower my dosage from 4mg splitting that into two doses, AM and PM, to about 2-3mg a day as I didnt completely think he was as serious as he was about coming off of suboxone. He always would say I cant understand how I am still needing this little crumb off of a pill to function.

Last month his doctor prescribed him what we hoped would be his last prescription of 10 8mg suboxone along with medicine to help with the leg aches which we have been dealing with vigourosly. As he had managed to taper himself down to ultimately a crumb he only used about 2 and I about 8 in this one month period. We ran out about 4 days ago.

The first day had to be the hardest for me so far becasue this had been my since of security for so long and the thought of it not being there anymore was awful. I knew I didnt want to be tied down to this drug anymore but I still couldnt bare the thought of waking up the next morning and not having suboxone. I begged and pleaded him to call his doctor for another prescription but by god he has yet to budge. He works alot and says that work is the best place for him to be during this withdrawal process becasue he doesnt have the time to think about the withdrawal symptioms.

I am now on my fourth day, my boyfriend is on his 6th. Ive tossed and turned the past two nights without a wink of sleep. Luckilly I have been able to stay busy with friends and work during the day so that has helped me from simmering in my sorrows but the nights have been by far the hardest so far. I know that this will free up so much of my life but I'm scared that I will try to self medicate with adderall or hydrocodone (as I have already been thinking about this and these are easily accessible since I am in college) to help with these withdrawals. I also would like to hear others opinions on how long I will be feeling these painful withdrawals based on the dosage and the length of time I used.

I want to tell my mom but I know it will crush her so I wont. I am a full time student, and a rising senior in business school so I have no room to mess up.

My boyfirend always tells me not read these forums as they never make me feel better but this is the first time I have ever posted a message myself. My friends do not know this part of my past, nor do my family so virtually my boyfriend is the only one I can talk to about this but he's trying to stay busy himself and not think about it. I'm desperate for some encouragement and if nothing else, I can help someone by telling my story than this is completely worth it.

I know that alot of change is not just coming anymore, it's here.

One thing I have learned recently is that you cant throw the blame on anyone else around you for your addiction. I just know that I am so thankful to have had my boyfriend in these times to push me because with or without him I would have gotten into drugs and I cannot blame anyone else but myself for this, I got myself into this and now I know I can pull myself out.
    I am learning to take this one day and step at a time and to not worry to much about tomorrow becasue I know I will somehow come out on the other side I better, stronger, healthier, more positive person.
    Toby3610 likes this.

well ive been reading a lot of posts here and have discovered 2 things. 1- i may have jumped a little too soon or tapered too fast but sadly it had to be done as my subs and scripts were running out. 2- this is great source of encouragement and motivation and overall hope. right now is day 2-3 and i dont feel good. rls is going and the stretching and yawning (someone referred to them as stretchies before) cant eat or drink. thinking really hard about how to cope with the comfort pains. ive read so many good recipes on here but there are a lot of variety. ive def been here before and like many of us i got hooked on subs trying to get off pills but addiction is an ugly monster. i guess i have something inside me that i just cant do these things. ive been successful in quiting drinking (beside pills alcohol abuse was bad too) and i know i can do this. obviously from my tone the depression im feeling is being combated by good thoughts and your posts of couse. hang in there everyone, go to a meeting and see if it helps. talk to someones cuz hiding it will only make it harder. more importantly, be honest to yourself and your loved ones. thanks

dontwait is offline Junior Member

Default Day 35 off suboxone

Hey- Im so happy you shared your post. I shared my experience in the suboxone thread but am having a hard time finding the success stories! Today is day 35 for me after a quick sub taper and not much WD.

I've NEVER felt better. Its the most incredible feeling. I used to hear people say this before, but didnt think feeling this good without drugs was possible. Recovery is amazing. I dont even think about going back anymore. The first few weeks you do, but as long as you find that distraction, replacement, and keep yourself busy you can get through it!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-07-2016 at 06:13 AM.

ohdan0030 is offline New Member

I to am going through the withdrawal process willingly I tapered to 2mg and jumped I'm going to tell everyone the truth then I'll tell my story so here it is the main thing with this drug is mind over matter everyday I wake up and I say this ai t nothing I'm 1000 times stronger than any drug can ever be and this is the easy part yeah some times I'm uncomfortable but if I need to sleep and can't I take clonidine and it helps calm you down so you can sleep but to be honest it hasn't been bad at all and here is the reason why I'm not scared anymore to go through and I'm in control of this not the drug so I stay busy and rest often I'm going to start a program soon using former addicts to help current users off with support this is my story now like most people I got on this after misuse of regular pills and they told me take this new miracle drug suboxone for at least a year to heal your brain I agreed and started at first it was great a new lease on life for a while that is until the dragon gets it talons into you so now it's been 4 years and No one seems to care that it's been 4 years but me because I turned into someone else who thinks thoughts that aren't mine so over the last 6 months I decided to force my doctor each month to cut my dose in half until I got to 2mg and I started feeling bad on the 2mg so around a week ago I jumped off completely and flew to my brothers house and we have a doc on call for emergencies only which we haven't needed and .y brother went through this year's ago off oxys so he tells me mind over matter all day long at first I thought he was nuts but it has helped me tremendously and I'm starting to feel good and I can feel emotions again and just a tiny but of depression Wichita all this is natural and I know this my family deserves a good father and husband even a good friend so I'm going to be there for them and anyone else with this same struggle I'm rambling some so sorry but I'm so excited to be living again can you remember the last time you were excited on a day when you weren't getting drugs I couldn't until now so taper to 2mg and jump when your ready you to are 1000 times stronger than any drug

ohdan0030 is offline New Member

So do you have a update for us how did the detox go did you maintain to stay clean we need updates on these that is what this site is missing

Emilycrush is offline New Member

Default taper

I dont know how old this thread is but I came across it and wanted to put my two cents in. I was terrified of coming off the suboxone and feeling withdrawals. Before suboxone I was on methadone for 5 years and tapered down to 28mgs then switched to suboxone to finish the taper. It was rough tapering, I will admit, but, I had never waivered and didnt give up. What helped me during my taper was faith in God, exercising, eating healthy, and taking Mitadone Withdrawal Aid from amazon. I started suboxone at 6mgs (thought my doc prescribed me 16mgs, I never took that much...I just took the script so I had enough to taper without having to go back for more). I stayed at 6mgs for a week or 2 then brought it down to 4mgs which I stayed at for maybe a month then started my taper. I didnt try to rush it and didnt decrease until I felt 80-90% adjusted to each dose (which normally took 4-7 days until I got to 1mg). Once I got to 1mg I had to wait a little longer between decreases (about 8-10 days) and only went down .25mgs. .75mgs and .50mgs were the roughest and took the longest to stabilize. I split my doses, taking most in the morning and the rest around 2-4pm (going as long into the day as I could make it). I got myself down to .25 (or close to it) and then I took 1 week off work, hired a babysitter (also had my husband when he wasnt working), got Clonidine from the doctor (he also gave me flexeril which I didnt like)..I stopped on a friday, went 2 days without anything then took one final higher dose of 1.5mgs and threw the rest out. You definitely have to stay busy. It seems worse when you are just lying around. I forced myself to the gym, to go for walks, I took hot baths, I watched funny movies and standup comedies, I wrote music, I played with my son....by the time I had to go to work I was 80-90% better...just lethargic at times. Clonidine helped a lot with sleep and restlessness. Anyway..dont sike yourself out and dont jump at high doses. You got this

Tryingmybest is offline New Member

Default My first couple of days off

You guys are all extremely inspiring but I'm at my breaking point right now and since I've kept this a secret for so many years I don't have to support system that I truly wish I did. Ever since high school I've felt like an outsider from my family which caused me to begin experimenting with different drugs. At first just smoking herb, and occasionally a pill here and there. Now I'm 26 and have been on suboxone for about a year and a half.
    Recently someone I care about alot told me that I've been extremely on edge and not myself recently so I started doing some soil searching and thought that adderall that I've been prescribed might be the problem so I finally got off of them but nothing changed. Suboxone made me feel normal, it took away any cravings I might be having for other opiates without giving me a euphoric high. I thought I had finally solved all my problems just to make things so much worse. I decided it was time so I dosed myself down to 1/4 of an 8 mg strip/tablet and I'm now on my 4th day of being off the subs completely. I can't sleep, feel like I don't want to move, and sometimes I just randomly break down. I miss my old, happy self but I don't know how much longer I can last feeling like this everyday while working full time in the medical industry. I need some motivation but every time I look for some I just get anxious that nothing is making me happy anymore. I just need some support because I got absolutely no sleep last night, I just stared at my clock all night. Since I decided I wanted to stop everything I took off a week from work using vacation time to try and get through it without the anxiety of trying to get up early for work. This is my last day of vacation and I feel like I'm still on day 1. I can't tell if it's all mental, all physical, or some of both. I just need some support because I don't know if I can push through is alone.

Yours truly,
    A desperate man

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Tryingmybest, welcome to the forum. You have come to a great place to get support. You should start your own thread so everyone here can follow your story and give you advice and support. Give us alittle more information on how much you have been using daily so we can best help you through this. Looking forward to your thread. Again welcome.
    ***Stay Strong for Today***

Lvg nghtmare is offline Platinum Member

Hello Tryingmybest, Start a thread so others here can give you support.
    We are all here to support you..
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.
    ***Stay Strong for Today***

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingmybest View Post
    You guys are all extremely inspiring but I'm at my breaking point right now and since I've kept this a secret for so many years I don't have to support system that I truly wish I did. Ever since high school I've felt like an outsider from my family which caused me to begin experimenting with different drugs. At first just smoking herb, and occasionally a pill here and there. Now I'm 26 and have been on suboxone for about a year and a half.
    Recently someone I care about alot told me that I've been extremely on edge and not myself recently so I started doing some soil searching and thought that adderall that I've been prescribed might be the problem so I finally got off of them but nothing changed. Suboxone made me feel normal, it took away any cravings I might be having for other opiates without giving me a euphoric high. I thought I had finally solved all my problems just to make things so much worse. I decided it was time so I dosed myself down to 1/4 of an 8 mg strip/tablet and I'm now on my 4th day of being off the subs completely. I can't sleep, feel like I don't want to move, and sometimes I just randomly break down. I miss my old, happy self but I don't know how much longer I can last feeling like this everyday while working full time in the medical industry. I need some motivation but every time I look for some I just get anxious that nothing is making me happy anymore. I just need some support because I got absolutely no sleep last night, I just stared at my clock all night. Since I decided I wanted to stop everything I took off a week from work using vacation time to try and get through it without the anxiety of trying to get up early for work. This is my last day of vacation and I feel like I'm still on day 1. I can't tell if it's all mental, all physical, or some of both. I just need some support because I don't know if I can push through is alone.

Yours truly,
    A desperate man

Hey there -

Hope you come back and start a new thread for yourself. Here's the link below to doing that in the Need to Talk section of the forums.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/newthrea...newthread&f=32

Plenty of support for you and suggestions to get you through this.

Randy
    Beefaroni7272 likes this.