Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Newbie514
Suboxone Withdrawal--What to expect
    Newbie514 is offline New Member

Exclamation Suboxone Withdrawal--What to expect

So, I don't know if I'm even doing this right as I've never posted on a BB before.
    Anyway, here goes...

I've been on Suboxone for roughly 2 years now. Before taking Suboxone I was taking hydrocodone (anywhere from 8-10 pills a day). These were hydro 10's. (I know this isn't a lot compared to some, but the doctor felt that I was a candidate for Suboxone treatment; oh, and I didn't feel I could beat this addiction myself, so Suboxone seemed like a good choice for me at the time too)

Now, I have to say, Suboxone has helped me get my life back on track. Needless to say, I've cut off ALL of my old 'connections' and I haven't even WANTED to take another hydro since I've been on Subs.

That being said, I feel like now is the time to completely stop taking Suboxone. (Well, not at this very MOMENT, but in the near future) The doctor started me off at 14mg a day, and over time, I've weaned myself down to .75mg. (with the doctors assistance). My doctor told me that I can take the wean as slow as I want too and I should never force myself to come off too fast if I felt uncomfortable. (This could be because he's being paid a hefty sum, or it could be because he actually cares; I'm voting for the first one) Whatever the case may be, I haven't gone fast with this wean.

Ever since I was down to 2mg, I haven't dropped more than .25mg every 1 or 2 weeks. Now that I'm down to .75mg, I 'plan' on dropping .25mg every 10 days. Here's my question(s):

1) I'm already feeling some withdrawal now that I'm down to .75mg. I've read somewhere that it gets really hard when you get below 1mg. Is this true, or is this withdrawal in my head (as my doctor seems to think it is)?

2) Am I tapering down too fast? I remember looking through others forums and seeing a gentleman named Robert post a tapering schedule. I believe his advice was to lower it no more than .25mg every 4 days. I hope I'm doing it right.

3) Since I feel that I'm tapering rather slowly, will my withdrawals when I come off completely be really bad? (I know there's no way anyone can know this answer for sure, but maybe you can give me a guess taking into account my history with Suboxone and my former DOC) I understand if this question can't be answered though

Any help anyone can give is GREATLY appreciated. (Sorry to ramble--I'm also sorry I put a lot of things in parenthesis) Lol

God Bless you all!

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Hi there I posted to you on my thread..
    You might want to put your thread in the suboxone treatment forum .. You will have more experienced sub tapered people to check on you!

Take care!
    Iluv2

Newbie514 is offline New Member

I will definitely do that! Thanks for your reply
    Iluv2smile likes this.

Hi Newbie!
    I'm kinda Newbie myself! You're way ahead of me in your taper (I'm at 3mg) but I bet we have a lot of feelings in common!
    I don't see any other thread started by you so I hope you're still using this one.
    Jump on board with me, KSinMT, and lluv2smile. Kat (Iwantoff), Alex and several others are so quick to help out. We have all surely come to the right place.
    Hope your well... do keep posting.
    Peace,
    Beth/grateful (Looking for Support: Suboxone Treatment forum)

Iwantoff2013 is offline Platinum Member

Hey Newbie:

I replied to your post on iluv2smile's (Bet) thread. We're here to help!

Kat

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

Good morning newbie!

How are you doing today?
    I did not see another thread in the sub treatment forum.
    You can copy and paste your original post and use that to start your new thread..
    We can help you do that if you want to post your original message on a new thread..

Please keep posting

Have a great day!

Iluv2