Supplements/vitamins for Oxycodone taper ?
    Pharmer724 is offline New Member

Default Supplements/vitamins for Oxycodone taper ?

Been taking oxy 10/325 for a few years and I'm ready to give it up. I take 4-6 a day. I wanted to taper over a few weeks or a month. Does anyone have recommendations for vitamins or supplements to help during the taper? I read the Thomas Recipe thread but it seems more for cold turkey and I don't want to attempt that. Thanks everyone

Just as a follow up. I ended up buying a supplement called Taper Off. I found it at a local vitamin store. From what I saw on the website I think it's more designed for Suboxone tapers, but I've been taking it during my Percocet taper. I was on 4-6 10/325 a day and I've got it down to 5mg a day. It took me about 3 weeks but I think the Taper Off helped a lot. I never really had any withdrawal symptoms. I plan on jumping off soon. All of the stories and info on this site helped a lot. Thanks everyone

The Husband is offline Member

Great job getting to 5mg per day! Seeing as you got that low pretty easily I would tapper to 2.5mg then stay at the dose for 2-3 days and quit. Great job once again on tapering the Oxy most cannot I only could taper to 80mg before I c/t

Thanks, it wasn't easy at first. I got so damn used to taking those pills. Once I tapered to 1/2 of what I had been taking I realized that they did the same thing whether I took 60mg or 30mg in a day. Maybe it was just in my head but that what I thought. I did stay at each dose for at least 3 days. The website for the supplement that I used had some good info and that was what they recommended. I guess it works !!
    I'm gonna take it to 2.5mg like you said and then quit. Hopefully I won't feel too bad after going that low.

I did two days of around 2mg(not exact because of breaking pills) and stopped. I'm at around 48 hours clean and feel completely normal. I've read that 72 hours is when it gets bad so that scares me. Haha Maybe I shouldn't be reading that kinda stuff.
    At this point I think tapering is the way to go. It was tough at first but I think it was all in my head. Just stick to the schedule and give your body the time it needs

Coming up on 72 hours and I feel great. Just because I was worried about not sleeping I did take a flexerill last night. Other than thinking/craving the pills through parts of the taper, I felt no physical symptoms. I did stay committed to my taper, but I think taking the supplement had to of helped. I got mine at a vitamin/herbal store, but the website on the bottle is taper-off.com.
    Thanks again for all of the stories and advice on this forum.