Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By J03L
Switching from Methadone TO Suboxone with Kratom supplement ( Please Help )
    Alex1994 is offline New Member

Default Switching from Methadone TO Suboxone with Kratom supplement ( Please Help )

I have been taking 30mg Methadone for 2 weeks and before that I was taking suboxone for 9 months and now I want to switch back to Suboxone. I was told I have to wait 48-72 hours and I don't think I can wait that long. I was told it's easier to take a short acting opiate for 72 hours or alittle longer then stop taking it for 12-24 hours then I could switch to Suboxone without getting precipitated withdrawal. I was wondering if I can use Kratom for the 72 hours after my last methadone dose then stop the kratom for 12-24 hours then make the transition to Suboxone? Can I do this without getting precipitated withdrawal? Please somebody help me! Thank you SO much.

Ricky71 is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1994 View Post
    I have been taking 30mg Methadone for 2 weeks and before that I was taking suboxone for 9 months and now I want to switch back to Suboxone. I was told I have to wait 48-72 hours and I don't think I can wait that long. I was told it's easier to take a short acting opiate for 72 hours or alittle longer then stop taking it for 12-24 hours then I could switch to Suboxone without getting precipitated withdrawal. I was wondering if I can use Kratom for the 72 hours after my last methadone dose then stop the kratom for 12-24 hours then make the transition to Suboxone? Can I do this without getting precipitated withdrawal? Please somebody help me! Thank you SO much.
    Alex - you have three other threads besides this one here. You joined the forum in November of 2013! Your first thread dates back to June of 2015! Here are links to those threads -

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...elp-68687.html

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...elp-68807.html

https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...elp-70316.html

Every one of those threads you were receiving great advice and support and every one of those threads you just stopped responding to? I encourage to go back and read through each one off those threads, all the information you are seeking is already there?

All I can say is do not use Kratom or any fast acting opiate to get through the methadone withdrawals! Stop the methadone for at least 72 hours, probably longer? Go into moderate to severe withdrawal using the COWS scale to score a minimum of 26 then you can start the sub induction by using Robert's sub therapy/taper plan? DO NOT use time as a determining factor to start the subs, ONLY use the COWS worksheet, again you must score a 26 or higher before starting the sub induction! Follow Robert's plan EXACTLY as written and get off the opiate rollercoaster once and for all! Here's a link to Robert's plan - https://www.drugs.com/forum/suboxone...apy-66109.html

Within Robert's plan is a link to the COWS worksheet! Best of luck to you! God bless us all!

PS
    Follow through with the process this time! Quit switching back and forth between opiates! Get on the sub plan then taper off and be done for good! There is no easy way out, quit trying to use different meds to ease the process! You joined the drugs.com community in November of 2013, it's time to make this one stick! And lastly, you need to keep updating your thread and reply back to receive ongoing help and support!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-21-2017 at 04:38 PM.

J03L is offline New Member

Hi I’ve just transitioned from Methadone to Suboxone. My last dose of Done was 52 hours before I dosed on subbies. No precipitated withdrawal. I used the COW scale to judge when it would be ok to dose, my score was 15 and I was in moderate withdrawal already.
    I see most threads recommend to wait 72 hours which is probably the best practice, I was just maybe blessed with better metabolism.
    Thanks to everyone who has posted advice on these threads really helped me make the transition better. My Dr said that I would be ok to dose after 24 hours and not go into PW, I think some of these Drs are not very well informed about how to transition Done patients.
    Thanks again everyone
    Lvg nghtmare likes this.