Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree517Likes
The Thomas Recipe - For Opiate Withdrawal Treatment
    thissucks44 is offline New Member

Default please help

Hello I am new here, and very scared. I am going to be coming off 14mgs of suboxone tommrow cold turkey , I have been on them for 5 months, can someone tell me what its going to be like, how long is it before I am over the hump. this sucks.

Robert_325 is offline Diamond Elite

Quote Originally Posted by thissucks44 View Post
    Hello I am new here, and very scared. I am going to be coming off 14mgs of suboxone tommrow cold turkey , I have been on them for 5 months, can someone tell me what its going to be like, how long is it before I am over the hump. this sucks.

thissucks44 ...... Boy! That is the understatment of the year! I can't help but notice this is your first post. I had to check that after reading your post to see if I could see any type of logical reason why you would proceed forward as you've described. Sheer lack of experience explains your actions though it doesn't justify it.

Please understand that I'm not trying to be a wise guy. I'm atttempting to be as serious about what you've planned as I can possibly be. I really do care about your well-being.

I've been on this forum a long time working with members who are attempting to taper or detox off suboxone and I know for a fact that there is NO ONE who has EVER suggested anyone follow such an insane method for stopping subs abruptly.

My honest suggestion is that if you are actually serious about following this detox plan for suboxone that you should just go ahead right now and drive to the nearest hospital immediately. Be sure to pick a hospital with a top notch psych ward as you'll be requiring it shortly. Go ahead and check yourself in tonight to their psych ward. Advise the drs what you've done and request that they restrain you for your own protection.

Of course I would rather see you follow the instructions on the following link that explains how I advise peolpe using suboxone. You'll actually have a chance of surviving without totally flipping out, having a complete breakdown emotionally .... I can't even imagine what is going to happen to you following the regimen you have laid out for yourself. Best of luck to you. I really hope you see the absurdity of what you're intending to do and re-evaluate this big time. Follow the taper suggestions in the following link and you have a chance of surviving this without having a nervous breakdown.

I honestly question if you'll be worth even attempting to carry on a conversation with if you are serious about this attempt at detox you describe. Surely you are NOT serious. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-16-2009 at 11:11 PM.

jcham is offline New Member

Thumbs up Thomas Recipe?

Well seeing is believing. I have been on Herion for 6 months and I can tell you there is no easier softer way. I've been everywhere high and low and this is the only thing that has worked for me, I'm clean bottom line I'm clean.

I started this on Thursday of last week and today is Saturday and I can tell you I am no longer Detoxing from Herion. Thursday I followed the recipe to the letter and by Friday I slept around the clock only to be forced awake to take the pills and everything that was sugested. Saturday night into Saturday morning I was 100% detoxed. I woke up Saturday about noon, no sweats, no kicking, no nothing except hunger. It's now about 2 pm and I just ate little neck clams and watched some TV and I'm me again.

I still havent gotten aroung to cleaning the house I dont know iif my wife and 10 month old will come home but regardless I'm not using. I'm 40 years old and had three years of sobriety from alcohol and cocaine and the only time I have ever touched Herion prior to this was when I was 21 for pain. I sprianed an ankle and a friend passed me a bag and it took away the pain. 20 years later and three year of sobriety I tore my left achillies and the pain was so intence I decided to try a little dope a week later I had a 10 bag a day habbit. This lasted six months to the point of suicide and I came across this home remedy and low and behold I no longer have a habit after three days using the Thomas Recipe.

My wife doesnt believe me knowone does but I'm not sure I care I'm clean no more kicking, the runs, the sweats, no nothing. Who would have guessed?

I can tell you I have a new respect for those who are hooked on this drug as it was the worst detox I have ever went threw hands down. In the middle of my cocaine use I was using up to $1000 a day and as much booze as my gullet could handle and I swear it was the worst thing I ever encountered until the herion. ANyone out there who doesnt think this will work for them what have you got to loose. I couldnt get into Methadone because I was taking prescription Bebzos and white fisted it for three weeks to get my urine clean and I just couldnt go on like this so I did a search for home remidies for herion detox and out poped the Thomas Recipe.

I dont know if I can answer any questions about what has transpired over the last three days as my wife pretty much forced fed my meds and the rest of the recipe but would be happy to talk to anyone in need. It worked Jesus no more kicking, sweating, and no more pain. Please if your reading this now you owe it to yourself to at least give it a try and if it doesnt work for you like it worked for me you can always refund your misery.

Thank you God and who ever came up with this had you not I no doubt would have taken my life. Whatever life I have left I am going to live it to the fullest and give back what was so freely given to me. Thank you so much
    jcham5150@hotmail.com

Jamie
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-17-2009 at 01:39 PM.

I know its absurd, but its the only way, I am on probation and cant leave to a psyk ward, it would probably end me up in jail. Thanks for your concern and scaring the ******** out of me though.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-17-2009 at 04:16 PM.

Default doing it

I know its absurd, but its the only way, I am on probation and cant leave to a psyk ward, it would probably end me up in jail. Thanks for your concern and scaring the ******** out of me though.
    I am on day one and I am going to suck it up and do it.

I hope you understand that I really do have concern. And believe it or not it's good if it scares the doo doo out of you. Because what I told you is the truth. It doesn't matter that you don't want to do what I suggested. I'm trying to be sincere. You are about to do something that is very dangerous and is going to make you so freakin sick you won't even believe what you're about to get yourself into. You will end up sicker than you've ever been in your entire life and the psych ward example is NOT a stretch of the imagination. DON'T DO IT!!! I know what I'm talking about and you absolutely don't need to jump off at such a high dose. You'll end up in a hospital anyway so you may as well check into finding what free benefits are available for her before she starts totally losing it mentally. I promise you that I'm right. Hope you'll listen to me. God bless.

Anonymous Guest

hey dude, is there any way you can go 14, then 12, 10, 8 and so on.
    have you got no subs left.
    are you in custody.
    can you get your hands on any subs to make this a bit easier.
    i am worried for you. you should try and at least do a short taper, rather than going hard out like you are.
    i dont want to scare you either, how come you have to jump.??

I am on day one and I am going to suck it up and do it.

See? cheekysod is basically agreeing with me too. I don't want to upset you, I'm truly concerned for your well being, not being a wise guy. Your setting yourself up for some AWFUL days and nights that could last a couple months easily. I couldn't be anymore serious. I pray you'll listen to us. God bless.

DadsWatchinU is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by deliberate187 View Post
    i have found out that one thing will help curb opiate withdrawals quicker than anything but you have to be dedicated. Have someone you trust (preferably a spouse or parent) hold your pills for you, and administer gradually decreasing doses to you, and by gradually i mean decrease by 5mg a day, tops. Here's my story.

I'm 24. I was 23 when i first got in my car wreck. I was prescribed vicodin 7.5/500 for my pain. First, i was taking one pill, then 2, then 3... Then before i knew it, i was cweing 6 vico 7.5s (and snorting a couple percs at times) at a time for my average dose for about 3 months straight. The pills consumed my social life, made me withdraw from my family and friends, and took over my every thought. I couldn't stop until i ran out of pills, and it was the worst 4 months of my life. Withdrawal sucks balls. The first week was the creme de la creme. I lost 15 pounds in one week, partially due to hellish diarrhea and vomiting, and not being able to eat as a result. My withdrawal symptoms were gone within a month, but the underlying addiction made me very depressed and exacerbated my social anxiety problems and gave me a very, very bad temper. Cravings still persist, but they're becoming less frequent and things are sort of going back to normal. Now i'm on celexa for the sa, and it seems to be helping so far, although i'll follow up in a couple of weeks when i have been on it for a bit longer.

Take this lesson home: For anyone who is not addicted to opiates who is reading this thread, don't ever, ever let yourself fall into this evil trap. If you don't think it can happen to you, trust me, i shared your exact same thought at one time, and now i know better. If you're prescribed opiates for pain, take them only as directed and only when you absolutely need them. I'm no doctor and i'm not trying to give medical advice to anyone reading this, but i can tell you from personal experience, it doesn't take long to become a junkie.
    god bless you sweetheart!!! I wish I had caught my dauhters problem at your age. You are a warrior in the war against drugs dear!! You caught yourself and stopped very soon compared to some, pls remember you will always be an addict, and I do not mean that in a mean way, I just want you to be so careful so u never again face this monsteragain, as u may loose the battle if you run up against it down the road. You won the battle, but the war continues. U are one of the lucky ones sweetie and u give hope and inspiration to others. Thank you for sharing and please use your experience to stop others who may be on the way to playing with the monsters, you are so young, people will listen to you, your peers, ohhh the monster loves them, I am so happy for you that you fought & won and have a bright future ahead of you...no matter what age anyone is who is trying to get off these dreadful drugs they can re-create themsleves, but wow...you girl..you did it just in the nick of time, all your life is waiting for you...make it happen kiddo, live life to the fullest & remember to thank the Almighty !!!!! As Always ..................... Good health & God Bless...armed & fighting for my babies....Momm Nancy :-)
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-22-2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Bad spelling..tired momma, Resonding to Deliberate 187 24 yrs young

Smile

okay- you guys were totally right. I went ten days cold turkey off 14 mgs, it was total hell. I was going to keep on going , but everyday was getting worse instead of better. This was way worse then any opiate detox I have ever done, at least with Vicoden after the 5th day it starts getting better. Anyways , I broke called my Dr. and got back on them. I am stable at 3.5-4mgs a day and dont want to go any higher, but I still am feeling like I should. I see the Dr. on Fri. , any advise??? on a correct dose. Should I stay on these for a while till I can build some support groups?? I have been clean off of Vicoden and all other drugs for 6 months now and am currently in a IOP program with a therapist once a week. I just want to live a clean happy life,. To the two guys that told me not to do it, thanks for the advice and truley caring about my weel being, it meant a lot to me.
    God Bless

thissucks .... glad you made that decision. Get on the dose that makes you stable, regardless of what it is. You shouldn't have to go all the way back up to where you were with that time off but you have to decide when you are stable. Stay at that dose for 3,4,5 or so days. Then start reducing again by 25% every four days and follow the standard taper plan in the sub therapy link. Here it is again for you if you need it. Hope it hleps. God bless.

vincevance is offline New Member

Default Trying again to detox methadone

This is the third time I have been on this ********. Last time I was on the done for 8 years and this time 2 years. I am 55 years old and I know this detox may kill me this time but I have to get off it or methadone will kill me. I am now down to about 8mg per day from 100 and its taken three months but its rough at night. Hell its rough night and day. The last time I went thru I went about 45-50 days without sleep, with lots of hot baths and Melotonin and drank alot of cranberry juice cause I feel like I gotta pee bad all the time and the leg jerks. Guess my kidneys are shot. I dont know if I can go thru another 45 day withdrawal. Does anybody know anything else that might get it out of me faster and easier and ease these symptoms. I sure appreciate it. God Bless you.

icandothis is offline Junior Member

hi all i am new here i have a prob with rx pain killers been doing them since i was 16 now going on 19. i have quit before but not for long. i am determined to beat this once and for all and return to living a normal life with my friends

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by icandothis View Post
    hi all i am new here i have a prob with rx pain killers been doing them since i was 16 now going on 19. i have quit before but not for long. i am determined to beat this once and for all and return to living a normal life with my friends
    Hi icandothis
    Do you have a plan in place yet...we would love to help... if you want, start a new thread for yourself and we can help you along...
    you have the rest of your life in front of you so lets get you started...
    Talk to you soon, Melinda

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi icandothis
    Do you have a plan in place yet...we would love to help... if you want, start a new thread for yourself and we can help you along...
    you have the rest of your life in front of you so lets get you started...
    no plan just going cold turkey.... ive used some of the thomas recipe but i dont think its for me. im just gonna man up and kick this nightmare to the curb. im already on day 3 and feeling alot better i dunno if its my determination or what

Anonymous Guest

Hi icandothis
    day three ...you got this..you really put a big smile on my face, yes it sounds like you are determined to me and that is what it takes...I will never forget when I quit...but when you get thru this you will be able to do anything the more time I got behind me the more powerful I felt...
    if you can try to get in a little exercise ...i know it sounds crazy but it really helps get your endorphins going again...
    keep us posted on how its going...
    we are really proud of you..
    talk to you soon, Melinda
    tileitnow likes this.

Hi icandothis
    day three ...you got this..you really put a big smile on my face, yes it sounds like you are determined to me and that is what it takes...I will never forget when I quit...but when you get thru this you will be able to do anything the more time I got behind me the more powerful I felt...
    if you can try to get in a little exercise ...i know it sounds crazy but it really helps get your endorphins going again...
    keep us posted on how its going...
    we are really proud of you..
    thanks for ur support im glad i made u smile at least someone is smiling lol ive been trying to exercise nothing major just riding my bike to a friends or to the store is about it but i have noticed it does make me feel a lil better i just cant wait to be done with this... thanks again it makes me feel so much better knowing im not the only one out there that is doing or has done this... ill make sure i keep u posted

ChrisNev is offline Junior Member

Some things that made me feel better during withdrawal:

soaking in a hot bath or jacuzzi listening to classical music
    eating high protein foods and good carbs
    riding my bike, going for walks
    having sex or masteurbating
    drinking green tea and chamomile tea

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by icandothis View Post
    thanks for ur support im glad i made u smile at least someone is smiling lol ive been trying to exercise nothing major just riding my bike to a friends or to the store is about it but i have noticed it does make me feel a lil better i just cant wait to be done with this... thanks again it makes me feel so much better knowing im not the only one out there that is doing or has done this... ill make sure i keep u posted
    Hi icandothis
    I was just checking in on you to see how it was going...

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vincevance View Post
    This is the third time I have been on this ********. Last time I was on the done for 8 years and this time 2 years. I am 55 years old and I know this detox may kill me this time but I have to get off it or methadone will kill me. I am now down to about 8mg per day from 100 and its taken three months but its rough at night. Hell its rough night and day. The last time I went thru I went about 45-50 days without sleep, with lots of hot baths and Melotonin and drank alot of cranberry juice cause I feel like I gotta pee bad all the time and the leg jerks. Guess my kidneys are shot. I dont know if I can go thru another 45 day withdrawal. Does anybody know anything else that might get it out of me faster and easier and ease these symptoms. I sure appreciate it. God Bless you.
    Hi vincevance
    have you thought about doing subs to get yourself off the meth.I think it would be a lot easer for you...

Default hi melinda

Hi icandothis
    I was just checking in on you to see how it was going...
    im doing really good actually .....alot better than the last time i quit and my dose was way lower weird huh??? i just got home from work and i didnt have any w d symptoms besides wanting to slack off lol but yeah im still going strong thanks to all of you guys.....tommorow will be day 6 no pills
    well talk to u soon HUGS!!!

OCnomore is offline New Member

Default Sweat

ive noticed many different remedies for going through the all mighty withdrawl and all are very sound but what we all are trying to do here is get the drugs out of our bodies wether its Oxy Dones >>>>>> whatever being a personal trainer and someone that had an opiate tolerance that would scare most people ive tried about everything and i dont see people mention the obvious,as we know sweating is basicly the only way its gonna get out of you and ive found that rotating from Steam room to Sauna in 15 to 20 min intervals is amazing you can taste the ******** exiting your body and you sweat more in that hour than 7 days under a blanket believe me!!if you try this on day 1 and day 2 watch how u feel on day 3 just drink tons of water from one room to the next and have someone go with you because you can feel faint,force feed some bananas and yogurts and see for yourself,no gym membership well every gym has day passes for $5 to $10 the best $$ you can spend on your journey to recovery! Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by OCnomore View Post
    ive noticed many different remedies for going through the all mighty withdrawl and all are very sound but what we all are trying to do here is get the drugs out of our bodies wether its Oxy Dones >>>>>> whatever being a personal trainer and someone that had an opiate tolerance that would scare most people ive tried about everything and i dont see people mention the obvious,as we know sweating is basicly the only way its gonna get out of you and ive found that rotating from Steam room to Sauna in 15 to 20 min intervals is amazing you can taste the ******** exiting your body and you sweat more in that hour than 7 days under a blanket believe me!!if you try this on day 1 and day 2 watch how u feel on day 3 just drink tons of water from one room to the next and have someone go with you because you can feel faint,force feed some bananas and yogurts and see for yourself,no gym membership well every gym has day passes for $5 to $10 the best $$ you can spend on your journey to recovery! Good Luck

If you will read around the forum you will notice that exercise is ALWAYS suggested as the best medication available for opiate w/d.

We tell everyone to exercise if it's just walking around the block to begin with. It gets the natural endorphine production going and promotes overall well-being.

You haven't read enough on the forum yet. You've read on this one thread only evidentally as exercise is promoted everywhere across the forum. God bless.

OCnomore is offline New Member

Default who wants to exercise

i dont believe i mention the word exercise robert nobody wants to get on a treadmill during detox,this is a low energy high result method,you just have to sit there, nothing else and theres no muscle exertion to it! of course if you have the energy to exercise during detox thats exceptional but most people just cant do it and there isnt anything out there other than rapid detox that will get the toxins out of your system faster!

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OCnomore View Post
    i dont believe i mention the word exercise Robert nobody wants to get on a treadmill during detox,this is a low energy high result method,you just have to sit there, nothing else and theres no muscle exertion to it! of course if you have the energy to exercise during detox thats exceptional but most people just cant do it and there isnt anything out there other than rapid detox that will get the toxins out of your system faster!
    Hi OCnomore
    LOL, I did get on the treadmill during detox I could only do about two minutes a day but it did make me feel better and then I worked my way up to running a mile a day...I love it now...I know a mile is not a lot for most people but it is great for me...
    Melinda

cwdone is offline New Member

Default Withdrawl one more... no one LAST time

Let's see, I started taking hydromorphone about 3 years ago. It all started recreationally. I knew someone with a perscription. I had an alcohol problem before that for a few years. I tricked everyone. My mom was so proud that I wasn't drinking anymore... If she only knew. So I guess my story starts before this. I had been drinking or smoking weed pretty much everyday since I was 16. I'm now 27. So then 3 years ago I discovered opiates and I THOUGHT they were great. I was wrong. So I medicated myself heavily until I decided I wanted to be a pilot. So I moved states, got clean, and started flying. It was great. But even after 6 months, I still had cravings. My school closed down and once again I moved states, only this time, I found Oxycodone. Let me tell you, the physical and mental withdrawls from that were way worse than the hydromorphone. I quit a couple times. In fact, I flew back to my previous state to spend 2 weeks with friends who really cared about me and wanted me to be better. I was great when I left there, but when I got back to Florida, 3 days later, I found myself getting back on slowly. So I finished what I had to get done there, and I moved back with my family. I thought I was going to be ok. I thought I was going to get clean. Instead I found myself going through my parent's and grandparents' medicine cabinets. After I ran out of every opiate I could find, I called up an old friend, and found he was prescribed to Bupronorphine. I said I didn't want to go that route. I didn't want to replace one with another (I've been doing that for 10 years), but guess what, that's exactly what I did. 3 months later, he tells me that he won't be able to help me out for 2 weeks, and that's what it took for me to realize that I did exactly what I didn't want to do. Well, I ran out on Thursday, and after 2 days of wondering how I was going to get something to help, I decided that I'm not going down that road again. The physical withdrawls from the Bupronorphine really isn't that bad. The mental on the other hand is tremendous. I miss the energy. I miss the happiness. BUT WHAT I MISS MOST is being happy and energetic without having to depend on a pill!!! Today is day 4 of the rest of my life. I'm gonna get some L-Tropo-whatever to help me get some energy, and I should probably get some of that stuff for Testosterone as my balls are hanging low and limp. It helps to read other's people's stories. Family and REAL friends always help. GOD answers all. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, stay away from the people who youi use the drugs with. Stay focused on the future. Never look back.

A lot of us are addicts. I should probably speak for myself, but I need something, and it would be much better if that is God, Family, and Sobriety than any of the alternatives. God bless all of you, and good luck. Everyday is a brand new day, and a new struggle, and a new day of hope.

"Whether you think you can, or you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford
    (I hope I didn't mis-quote that.)

joelvwest is offline New Member

Default suboxone cold turkey case

my fiancee stopped taking lortabs and soma after years of taking it when we first got together ...she went to a detox place and they put her on suboxone...she has been taking 8 mg a day since may of 2009 (this year) and she has relapsed a few times, and has went days without taking the suboxone and recently began to taper off, as she saw that she was getting low and we were now living in a new state, without a doctor. we made the decision to stop taking suboxone after watching a suboxone commercial on youtube, made by the suboxone manufacturers about 32 hours ago... the commercial said, at the end of this 20 minute sitcom about the benefits of suboxone that it could be fatal if mixed with benzos, sleeping meds, or anti depressants. what upsets me is that her dr. prescribed her, and i'm holding the script in my hand...suboxone, klonopin, lexapro, and ambien! c'mon...really? she's been taking klonopin since she was a little girl, and lexapro is also a staple part of her regimine. i don't understand how a doctor could be so ignorant. i'm glad i read this forum, it took a couple of hours this evening, my fiancee is asleep in the bedroom, but i hate to have to wake her up and tell her how bad this suboxone kick is going to be...if what everyone says is true. is 8mg a day...i say an average of 6-4mg a day for a couple of weeks a sufficient taper? i don't know. i love my girlfriend and i am going to do whatever it takes to help her. i know she needs me, so please, if anyone out there could give me some advise, it would be greatly appreciated. and is there anyway i could sue her doctor? i am going to call the lady in the morning and say some prayers this evening. thank you, and please...anyone. robert...?

Anonymous Guest

Hi Joel
    Robert will be on here soon and he will be able to lead on down the right path but I just wanted to add that might be a little fast on the taper...Im going to put up a link to a paper that Robert wrote on subs...

joelvwest ..... I'm glad Melinda put up the link for sub use. You'll see that she needs to taper off at the rate of 25% every four days. The way you're talking about will cause her misery.

I'm here to help you any way that I can. Let me know what I can do. I'll help you keep her safe while she does this taper. God bless.

joelvwest is offline New Member

Default thanks robert and melinda

it's day two...she's experiencing hot and cold flashes this morning, the spirit is good however...but the eyes are continuously watering. we are completely out of suboxone. we don't have a doctor. I am going to follow the thomas recipe...amino acids and exercise, hot baths...ensure, all of that and i just hope that meditation, positive thought, love will get us through this. i have explained to her that it will be a long process but in the end she will feel better. there is a charity hospital that i could take her too, but at what point will i know that she really needs to go? i will keep everyone informed on her progress. we are going to win this, and i pray that she prooves to be special through the power of love.

Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast