Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes
Will Suboxone show up on a drug test?
    december62 is offline New Member

I do know suboxen does show up as buprenorphine in urine test. I had it done at hospital when admited.
    They tested for everything and only thing showed was buprenorphoine in urine.(opiates, oxycodone, methadone, everything )....

Jenna1981 is offline New Member

Default Suboxone WILL NOT SHOW UP IN A STANDARD 5 PANEL TEST

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyMan View Post
    Where do you come up with this stuff? An opioid IS an opiate. Suboxone is a partial opioid agonist, the word partial is describing agonist, not opioid (lamens terms: it's a partial agonist, not a partial opiate.)

Why do you not withdrawal from other opiates when you take Suboxone? Because you're still feeding your opiate receptors with (you guessed it) an OPIATE! You're (we're) still addicted to opiates, we still need to take them to avoid withdrawal symptoms, etc.

Also, like the few posters above, not only can Suboxone be tested for, but sometimes CAN show up as Oxycodone. I've had it happen before. I cannot explain why (maybe beside the fact that it's an opiate), but it can and has come up with "false" positive results. So on broad drug screens that only test for opiates in general, there is a likely chance that it will come indicative.

Godspeed.
    I've taken soo many urine screens for my job and from my doctors office and have NEVER failed my urine screen for Suboxone or has the Suboxone showed up under another drug so out of at least 4 urine screens this year alone between 2 different offices I've never failed my test because if I would've I certainly wouldn't have had my job still and would've had some explaining to do to my doctor as to why suboxone is in my system! Most urine screens are standard 5 panel tests that don't test for Suboxone. Now doctors that precribe Suboxone and urine screen their patients do test for Suboxone so obviously they use a different urine to test you and ensure your taking your meds and not selling them.

Cruel2BKind is offline New Member

FYI: DYFS in NJ does a 15 panel urine drug test which includes Suboxone! They use the same 15 panel test my Sub Doctor uses so I'm terrified! I'm still waiting for my results. I took an 8/2mg on Tuesday & tested on Friday so im scared out of my mind!

Cruel2BKind is offline New Member

A normal 5 panel or even 10 panel test won't test for Subpxone BUT courts, probation, Suboxone Doctors and DYFS all do a 15 panel test which tests for EVERYTHING including Suboxone!!!! I know bc I've had to do it! I'm still waiting for the DYFS test to come back & im terrrified! The school called DYFS on me bc my two children got into a normal sibling fight & my daughter told the school nurse. DYFS was knocking on my door an hour later and I've been going thru HELL for 7 weeks now under a microscope! I mind my biz & raise my kids. They're my entire world! I have major medical problems including spinal fusion & Pain Management anialated/addicted me with oxy, percs and 150mg of Fentanyl!!! He was literally Lilly me so, I decided to get off all the mess & join the Suboxone plan. Which also helps pain but w/o the addiction aspect. It saved my life but now I'm scared my kids will be taken just bc they had a fight. They made me take a pee test on Friday & the last Sub I took was 4 days b4 test. I'm scared to test positive & lose my kids bc I didnt tell them I'm in the program. Please God and any angels hear my prayer: let me syrvive this nightmare!!!! Let me pass my urine test! Amen
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-10-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Evan86 is offline New Member

I have been

SouthJersey2 is offline New Member

You claim that Narcan (aka Naloxone) cannot be absorbed sublingually. That makes no sense because most subs are supposed to be placed under your tongue until they dissolve (sublingual). They even make strips that contain Naloxone/buprenorphine and the strip goes right under your tongue, so how do you figure that Narcan (Naloxone) can't be absorbed via the sublingual route? Please explain. If I am wrong, please tell me how.

Diarrhello Magello is offline New Member

Wow, guess I’m late to the party; looks to me like you guys were talking about this some seven years back? Oh, well... I will go ahead and put in my two cents anyway, as I’m here now and somebody else might find the information useful. This reply is in response to WoodyMan in particular, but it pertains to everyone else on this thread. I know that scientifically and from a medical perspective, suboxone is not supposed register as an opiate on a standard urinalysis test. I also know, from my own firsthand experience, that false positives can, and do happen as a result of taking buperenorphine. This is not something I would lie about, least of all on a drugs.com forum, hahah. Happened to me in outpatient once when I had been legit clean from everything for nine months, including pot. Luckily for me, my counselor had just pissed hot for alcohol, but he was adamant it was a false positive. He had to deal with a bunch of subsequent workplace drama and everyone just assumed he was full of isht, so he had some sympathy for my predicament and believed my story. He also knew me well enough to know when I was getting myself jacked up and could tell I was straight. Again, I have no motivation whatsoever to lie to you guys about this. So in short, I’m sure it’s exceptionally rare, but it does happen, nevertheless. I wish you all the very best of luck. I hope this information serves useful to someone, and I also mainly just wanted to corroborate WoodyMan’s assertion that it has in fact happened at least once that I know of for absolutely certain; I have to believe there are other cases, didn’t intend to write a comprehensive book on the topic. Anyway, I always finish my posts on here with the word “allegedly,” to cast a shroud of doubt over any potentially incriminating information contained herein... Allegedly. Cheers! Diarrhoello Magello, over and out. You lil’ stink-a-rito chini buttfilths!

Stangchyk is offline New Member

Wanted to add some updated info...
    I take Suboxone -.5mg.(1/2 mg) a day and i recently was tested for a new job.
    I took a 10 panel urine and a 5 panel hair follicle. I passed both!
    In my research I found that most Labs have separate tests that do include suboxone, but they are either higher panel or specific.
    Suboxone MUST be listed on the panel for it to be REPORTED.
    Fyi..i did not cut, bleach, or use any wash on my hair other than normal hygiene. I am 43..i do not have a high metabolism.
    Remember. ..detection and reporting are not the same in this instance!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123