Withdrawl from codeine
    billycat is offline New Member

Default Withdrawl from codeine

Hi Guys, I imagine this has been talked about and discussed to death, so I apologise sincerely!
    I have been on probably 30mg x 15-20 a day for nearly a year now. I went cold turkey Thursday evening, it's now Monday evening and I feel flipping awful. Surprisingly the first couple of days weren't too bad, but this afternoon has been Awful - feeling depressed/hot/cold/anxious blah blah!!! Any one had a really similar episode to this and can tell me when the horribleness starts to go away? I have taken Imodium so far. Thanks in advance☺️

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Hello and welcome! If you re-post in the Need to Talk forum you'll receive many more responses than you will here. That forum has lots more traffic. Just a suggestion.

Yes, you're request has been mentioned a few times here previously. Lol. Probably thousands of times but theres always room for another member seeking help and support. The way this works is you'll have around a weeks worth of symptoms. Days 3,4, maybe 5 are usually the worst of it. Then the days get better and better.

Congrats on wanting to change your life! This will be both a mental and physical battle with the drugs pulling you, taunting you, and wanting you to take a little pill that you know will make it all go away. Your job is to resist every time that happens. I'm an 18-year addict in recovery. Finally. I know how you feel as does everyone else here that's been down the same road. It's horrible and getting clean certainly isn't easy. But getting clean is the easier part of this. It's remaining clean that takes all the strength, courage, and willpower you have inside. We can't fight this disease alone. We need all the help available to us. Meetings that are face to face such as NA or AA is priceless and will save your life. Certainly saved mine!

Lots of exercise, lots of fluids, lots of protein will help the most. Things like vitamin B12 for energy, and theres also L-Tyrosine for energy too. They've helped many here. For sleep theres sleepy time tea made real strong and melatonin.

Theres also the Thomas Recipe many swear by. Heres the link to it below -

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...wal-35169.html

I would leave the benzo suggested out of it myself. Those things nearly killed me and are extremely addictive even when used the right way. If you can get by without them I would.

Others should chime in soon. Make that new thread in the other section. You can copy and paste your opening remarks and this info there if you choose. Take care my friend and all the best to you! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Randy

billycat is offline New Member

Many thanks, I've copied and pasted it!! Thanks for your constructive comments