4 Day rule and does this site have Private Messaging capability?
    Sydney0502 is offline Member

Default 4 Day rule and does this site have Private Messaging capability?

Question on counting the 4 days during the 25% taper schedule.

When you count the 4 days, do you count the day "of" as the first day or do you count the next day as "day 1" (24hours later)? IOW, on a calendar if I started my taper Monday, 8.1, my next 25% reduction would be Friday, 8.5 if I counted Monday as "day 1" or, it could be Saturday, 8.6 if I count from Monday (which is what I usually do ie. if I start 8:00a Monday, next day would be 8:00a Tuesday so Tuesday would be "day 1" not Monday).

I have a feeling it may not make any difference either way but Im starting my taper again and would like to get this question straight. I

One other question, how to you ping someone on here if you would like to send them a private message without starting a thread or writing into someone elses thread? Im not talking about personal email's but does this site have email assigned to our user names (ie. SoberRecover.com and ??????? site, you can email and even private message other users which goes straight to their private profiles on that site). I dont think this site does have this capability which is frustrating but wanted to check as never have rec'd a clear answer.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney0502 View Post
    Question on counting the 4 days during the 25% taper schedule.

When you count the 4 days, do you count the day "of" as the first day or do you count the next day as "day 1" (24hours later)? IOW, on a calendar if I started my taper Monday, 8.1, my next 25% reduction would be Friday, 8.5 if I counted Monday as "day 1" or, it could be Saturday, 8.6 if I count from Monday (which is what I usually do ie. if I start 8:00a Monday, next day would be 8:00a Tuesday so Tuesday would be "day 1" not Monday).

I have a feeling it may not make any difference either way but Im starting my taper again and would like to get this question straight. I

One other question, how to you ping someone on here if you would like to send them a private message without starting a thread or writing into someone elses thread? Im not talking about personal email's but does this site have email assigned to our user names (ie. SoberRecover.com and ??????? site, you can email and even private message other users which goes straight to their private profiles on that site). I dont think this site does have this capability which is frustrating but wanted to check as never have rec'd a clear answer.

Sydney ..... If you start tapering on the first, four days of tapering would be through the fourth. You would taper again on the 5th. Why wouldn't you count the first day?

As far as private messaging goes a few years ago the feature was deactivated. There was some trouble going on around the forum, people were fighting and plotting against others via private messaging and it got out of hand as childish as that sounds. It was the members' fault on the forum that brought it on.

I have actually had recent conversations with drugs.com and proposed that the feature be re-activated so people would stop posting their email addresses on the forum for people to see that they weren't intended for. These requests don't always get a final decision in a day so be patient and I am hoping that I made a good enough argument for the feature to used again that it goes through.

The forum does have the capaciity and hopefully it will be done soon. I am trying as we have a good group of people here these days and have had for some time. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thanks for the request for those features.

My question on counting as silly as it sounds seemed logical when I wrote it (blame it on my dead brain cells and obsessive compulsive thinking). Not sure why this makes sense to me but it does. lol

From a calendar perspective (meaning using an actual physical calendar), when I figure one day, I figure 24hours from start date as my first day. If Monday, 8.1 was when I was to start my first set of 4 days before my next reduction, I put my finger on Monday then count four days "from" that day.

IOW, Monday, 8.1 is when I start the 4 days. 1 day (24hours from Monday) would be Tuesday (1st day), 2nd day is Wed; the 3rd day would be Thurs and 4th full day is Friday. Hense Saturday would be when I reduce (a full 5 days later). Seemed logical when I did it on my calendar.

P.S., BTW, I will use tomorrow for my reduction since you cleared this up. Thanks for responding.