Adderall Side Effects
    DKott17 is offline New Member

Default Adderall Side Effects

I was going through the side effects of Adderall at a health website and it said to seek medical attention if these effects occur. I am experiencing some of these effects, mainly slurred speech and chest pain. I have been taking Adderall for 2-3 months now. When I take the Adderall I don't swallow it, I chew it. Could that be a possible cause of these effects? I prefer to chew the pill rather than swallow it because in the morning the Adderall gives me energy and chewing it kicks it in much quicker.

Anyways, my speech seems to be getting bad. I think it may be because I have a severe dry mouth due to the Adderall and some words I cannot seem to get out because of my mouth is so dry. Sometimes I slur words, mispronounce words, or pause between words cause I can't get the word out and I sound really stupid sometimes. I do not want to get off Adderall but it changed my life and helped me get through so many issues I have been dealing with. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem could be?

AUTISM2009 is offline New Member

Default side effects

Quote Originally Posted by DKott17 View Post
    I was going through the side effects of Adderall at a health website and it said to seek medical attention if these effects occur. I am experiencing some of these effects, mainly slurred speech and chest pain. I have been taking Adderall for 2-3 months now. When I take the Adderall I don't swallow it, I chew it. Could that be a possible cause of these effects? I prefer to chew the pill rather than swallow it because in the morning the Adderall gives me energy and chewing it kicks it in much quicker.

Anyways, my speech seems to be getting bad. I think it may be because I have a severe dry mouth due to the Adderall and some words I cannot seem to get out because of my mouth is so dry. Sometimes I slur words, mispronounce words, or pause between words cause I can't get the word out and I sound really stupid sometimes. I do not want to get off Adderall but it changed my life and helped me get through so many issues I have been dealing with. Does anyone have any suggestions on what the problem could be?
    My advice and I am being real stop taking it it ruined me, I had a bad time in my life and I thought that was the only thing that would get me through but it only made matters worse. your side effects are from the drug eventually youll get tick like taking meth.....I had to get professional help to withdrawl cause its miserable. Thats just my advice.

bluebird2 is offline New Member

You absolutely need to take medications as they are meant to be taken. Chewing Adderall may cause it to be released quickly, which can cause an overdose. It is an amphetamine, and a very powerful drug.

If you're experiencing serious side effects, seriously consider getting immediate attention and - if it's not that serious - reducing or eliminating use. A competent doctor should be able to provide guidance on proper use if it is indicated for you.