Ativan
    no_more_tram is offline Member

Default Ativan

I take 2 tablets of 0.5MG of Ativan every four hours, or when I remember. I don't think that it's helping much I still have a bit of panicky and nervousness. But I hear that alot of people get relief from Ativan, and would much rather take it over Xanax, I am just wondering if anyone's taking Ativan, and if's it worked, And I called the Dr. today to let them know it's not working for me, so hope to hear back from them tommorrow. Is it maybe I need a stronger dose? Cause I know that I am on the lowest dosing, any advice would help please.

BrandonSS90 Guest

I take Ativan everyday, as it says on my bottle Take 1 tablet every 6 hours as needed for anxiety. So I do take it every 6 hours. Sometimes just 2 pills a day. I also use it as a rescue med, if I am in the middle of a panic attack, I take it, and it helps tremendously. It saves me.. haha. No other feeling like it, cause when I get a panic attack coming on (and I can feel one coming on almost always), I started breathing a little faster. And start getting agitated.

It is not fun. But I find it to help tremendously. They prescribed it to me after my tracheostomy, as that can be also very agitating as well... been on it since December of last year..

But be careful, it can be addictive... very. Take it only when you NEED it, or if thats how you take it. My doctor likes me to have it in my body all throughout the day, to help prevent attacks from happening. Also I take 1 MG tablets (used to take 2 .05 tablets), but that wasn't helping anymore, but for some reason the single 1 MG tablet helps a lot more.

Still works for me!

Good luck with it.

Brandon

Anonymous Guest

Default re: Ativan

Ativan (Lorezepam) is the weakest anti-anxiety drug there is. Next up would be Xanax (Alprazolam), then Klonopin (Clonazepam), and then Valium (Diazepam). (That is written as the weakest to the strongest)

I have been on Xanax before and although it does work quickly, it doesn't last near as long.....

Currently I am taking Klonopin (Clonazepam) and it has a VERY long half life. This works the best as far as "keeping it in your system". I would ask your Dr. if you couls switch to those. I take 1mg 3 times daily and my anxiety is virtually gone. My Dr. also wants me on them consistantly to prevent anxiety.

I recommend trying these, I think you'll find them a lot better.

deviation56 is offline New Member

it depends if you need it more for generalized anxiety or just panic attacks. yes, ativan is a fairly weak, short acting benzo and therefore is probably better suited for use against panic attacks. xanax is extremely similar to ativan in both half life and dosage. while clonopin and valium both have much longer halflives than xanax and ativan, they are not necessarily "stronger" but are definitely more better suited towards generalized anxiety. the largest size ativan comes in is 2mg and your doc will probably end up giving you a bigger dose, if that doesn't more then you might want to try a different benzo.

Anonymous Guest

Default TO no_more_tram

Wanted to check and see how you are doing.......did you ask your Dr. about trying a different Benzo??