• 1 Post By aryanash
  • 2 Post By iloerose
  • 1 Post By phoenix destiny
best medication/treatment for anxiety, overthinking rumination
    bridgetrobinson is offline New Member

Default best medication/treatment for anxiety, overthinking rumination

Hello,
    I am a 20 year old female.
    I have dealt with this problem for a while now, but just recently decided to ask for help. I have very bad anxiety in the sense I worry all the time. And not about things that are going to happen.. for example I never worry that I'm going to get in a car crash or im going to die. I worry about stupid things such as what people think of me CONSTANTLY, if things ive said or done are stupid.Im always nervous and uncomfortable around people I dont know well.I ALWAYS ruminate, i constantly think of things ive done in the past and beat my self up over it. From the moment I wake up, my head is bombarded with worry worry worry about what people think of me now and what people used to think, i cant do anything without worrying about the opinion of others. im sometimes to scared to even post things on facebook for fear of being judged. i wanted to try modelling but im too worried about judgement from others, and i also have very low self esteem. sometimes its so bad to the point my friends will get annoyed because i constantly am going over things and making them reassure me that no, what you just did was fine no one thinks your weird or no, that thing you did three years ago was fine. To be short living in my head sometimes is a nightmare. I need to be reassured a lot as well if im unsure of something about my appearnce or what people think i have to ask 3-4 times to make sure. i hate it, deep down i want to express myself and do things and be who i really am but this anxiety, rumination and constant worrying, overthinking and fear of being judged holds me back. and its weird because im not an extremely shy person. what does this sound like to anyone and what would be the best medication for it?
    THANKS XX
    i also have a very low self esteem.
    Cboone03, Daverss and jasper175 like this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

No medication should be necessary. I would see a therapist, find a good cognitive behavioral therapist. Everyone feels this way to a degree. A therapist will help you work through your issues. Medicating should be a very, very, last resort.

Peace,

Iloerose
    Iwantoff2013 likes this.

Cboone03 is offline New Member

Default You need to have more Confidence

You have to have more confidence in yourself. This is the problem. I struggled with anxiety for about 3 years now. I only get those overthinking/questioning myself thoughts every now and then. I use to get them all the time. I use to think as you do about the past events in my life going back over years and trying to figure out what happened and why. The more confidence you have the more it will stop. Sometimes I would just ruminate for days before I figured it out. After I figured out something it seemed new worries would come. But it did seem that after I figured out some of my thoughts (rather it was a question of what I did/why I did it/what exactly happened) it seemed that my brain learned that other thoughts that were similar were not worth trying to figure out so after a day or two they went away. The more I dealt with the thoughts (try to figure it out) the brain after some time seemed to relax little by little and stopped trying to figure out the problem/solution. For example I would think of something for months (figure it out) New thoughts would form or some times what I thought I solved would come back in later months but it would not stick around as long. It went from months of thinking to days and they would suddenly go away. Now I can figure things out with in hours. I am getting to the point were this does not bother me anymore. I guess I gained confidence from figuring out things and also realized that my first thought was always the right one and there was no need to over think in the first place. It seems like the brain automatically learns this and gets better. So taking medicine only masks the problem and your brain never learns how to deal. Some how you lost confidence and this situation happened. I don't know where I lost mine, but I have gained it back. I used to be so full of confidence before all of this happened. It happened out of nowhere. Also, I try to eat better, more fruits and vegetables and also try to go organic. Sometimes I think it was the food too. You never know what they are putting in your food anymore. It is not healthy like it use to be. Plus drink more water. You can be dehydrated and not know it leading to anxiety. Without water your body can not work properly. If your pee is dark yellow you are dehydrated. If your pee is little yellow, you are somewhat dehydrated. Clear is fine. But your pee should be light yellow to clear. You are always going to be a little dehydrated. I was dehydrated a lot. I would drink water, pee would, it would be light to clear but next time it would be dark. My body was using up water fast. Now I am fine. Also, it could be your thyroid (get it checked) it controls every hormone in your body. I also found out that I was low on iron and vitamin d. Low iron can cause anxiety and low d depression. It did not go right away after taking the vitamins though. It could be a number of things that caused your condition but try not to take pills. Pills is an American thing (I am American). Other cultures do not take pills like we do and they have the same problems. They talk it out and deal with the issue. If you think you really need it, it is up to you. I hope I helped a little. Also, get your hormones checked not just your thyroid, watch comedies instead of scary movies, and check your stress. It could be stress too. Sometimes you are stressed and don't know it and not dealing with it causes issues. Scary movies can stress you too without you knowing. If you have any questions as it is kind of hard for me to explain everything online, feel free to write back. If you want you can friend me on facebook. I think I can private message you it on here. Just let me know. I will be glad to help. Hope you are doing better.

aryanash is offline New Member

I am 21 year old. I was never into over thinking.Until late.. I dont know from where , thoughts run my mind in millions. Yes daily I get millions and millions of them.Now a repetitive thought runs my mind . For months. The more I try to solve it the more strong it becomes. Like this thought 'Why to be Happy' ran my mind for 4 months. Like whenever I used to do things , I would get this thought and get into depression . And then this thought went and new one came by which again caused me depression. Now the thought of randomly hurting people disturbs me. I have never killed a fly. Just a thought that runs my mind . I want to get rid of it. Its been 2 years since all this . Please help me. Help me get out of this.
    Daverss likes this.

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

I know this is a few days old, but I do hope you see this aryanash, You need to get help: Get to a therapist, a psychologist and GET HELP. Call a help-line in your area.
    Iwantoff2013 and Daverss like this.

Daverss is offline Member

First the random "hurting people "thoughts is not Good ,as U know.

That kinda thing only happened to me once back when I was 11 or 12, what a nite or two that was!

Sorry I type/Spell way to badly & Slow To clearly express my feelings.

You sound just like me over the years, the fast running 'Worrying " thoughts started Mostly when I hit Puberty 10+ & got worse through my teens & well into my 20's .

I still worry about everything , but not as much.
    I can not even begin to explain the stupid things I worried / worry about.
    Like I say if it's not one thing it's the other.

I never was diagnosed 'by Dr' until I was 31 or So. But Self Diagnosed myself through my 20s by reading Adnormal Pshy, In Modern Life , a 1980's edition I think.

I fig I was OCD 80% of it Constant Worry, I know how it can be Miserable. Thinking making it to the next day with whatever worry I was having at the time seemed like an Eternity . Really looking back I dont see how I got this far.
    Also Anxiety Disorder with some depression thrown in.

I self medicated with Alcohol & Weed , for many years , Now at times I wish I could Smoke some Pot but when I first started smoking it , It made my anxiety Much Worse.

All the Drinking led to DUI's & many other problems. Too many to count.

Looking back I think it would have been best not to depend on a pill or two to make me feel better.

Xanax always helped me at first..Not to worry about what people thought & to make those S-L-O-W- Anxiety /worry rittled days go by faster.
    Since getting my first 'Legal' Script I have become Dependent on it, but do not Abuse it like I did Alcohol .
    I have also taken Prozac for the most part of 17 years, but don't think it really helps that much, I suppose it dose but not the immediate help the Xanax Gave..It still helps but after so many years I have become used to it , let's just say it keep's me Steady .
    Don't even know if you will see this , if so please respond & I can Pour my guts out about some more of my life & there is much more to be told.
    Please get help now instead of keeping it in and Suffering as I did.
    Daverss

P.s.
    IMO It helps knowing other people are Suffering & Suffered the same as you.
    When I read your First post it brought back a-lot of bad Memories.
    I'm still not Perfect but better than I was when I was your age.
    Daverss

Quote Originally Posted by aryanash View Post
    I am 21 year old. I was never into over thinking.Until late.. I dont know from where , thoughts run my mind in millions. Yes daily I get millions and millions of them.Now a repetitive thought runs my mind . For months. The more I try to solve it the more strong it becomes. Like this thought 'Why to be Happy' ran my mind for 4 months. Like whenever I used to do things , I would get this thought and get into depression . And then this thought went and new one came by which again caused me depression. Now the thought of randomly hurting people disturbs me. I have never killed a fly. Just a thought that runs my mind . I want to get rid of it. Its been 2 years since all this . Please help me. Help me get out of this.
    PLEASE REPLY..
    I'm Married & Old so def, not looking for a Date LOL.
    I just would like to offer some Support If I Can.
    GL
    Daverss

ibarbodelli is offline New Member

[deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-30-2015 at 05:19 AM.

ibarbodelli is offline New Member

The trick to dealing with anxiety in my opinion is to attack it. Find something that makes you anxious. Like lets say if you are afraid of the dark. Go stand in a really dark scary room for 15-20 minutes. Make sure it's the darkest scariest room you can find. Make sure it's actually safe. Not some back alley with a bunch of crack heads. I mean a room in your house preferably.

Anyway the more you do stuff like that. THe less anxiety you will feel when confronted with similar situations.

If you constantly avoid it it will get worse. If you constantly attack it... it will get better. That is what cognitive behaviour therapy is about. But you don't need an expensive therapist. Just find things tha tyoua re afraid of. And take them head on.

I know I make it sound easy. But it's actually extremely hard.

But it's scientifically far more effective then doping yourself.

GucciGucci2Times is offline New Member

In my honest opinion: A long acting Benzo such as Valium taken daily, with a safety net of fast acting Xanax for any onsets of panic ("as needed").

Best wishes.

Hey There?
    How would you like to help me?
    I am over it already.. On my way to full recovery.

Are you sure? I am 60% over it. Still need to see a therapist?

Hey there? Glad to hear you offering me support. But you will be pleased to know that I am 60% over it. So what do I need to do to get over it completely?

Heynow81 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by aryanash View Post
    Hey there? Glad to hear you offering me support. But you will be pleased to know that I am 60% over it. So what do I need to do to get over it completely?
    Aryanash,
    I had the same issues you are dealing with as far as harm phobia. I'm the most gentle and compassionate person in the world so the thoughts were especially distressing. I struggled with it for 10 years off and on because I was too afraid and embarrassed to seek therapy. Eventually I decided that enough was enough. I did ERP, exposure, response, prevention therapy. It worked 100% and only took a week or two. I was elated. Because I have an obsessive mind, I still have issues but have the tools to manage them. Medication is ok as long as you're also doing talk therapy. Think of medication as a means to feel some relief while you learn the tools you'll need to manage your discomforts more effectively. Good luck. You're going to be good.

phoenix destiny is offline New Member

Unhappy Please help me

Bridget, and Aryanash are you still coming here? Did you get help, if so what helped? Are you better now? Please, I have the EXACT same problems/symptoms as you described, including the randomly hurting others. Even people I love. I would never act on it, but the thoughts are extremely graphic and traumatizing. I need them to stop, and I need to be able to talk to people. I can't speak when presented with someone I don't yet know. I am recently divorced and very lonely, so I have been doing online dating, but sooner or later, they want to meet me in person. I panic and make up any excuse why I can't come right now. I am so lonely, my last friend died, and he was the only one left that understood me, and literally the ONLY friend I had left. Everyone at work is afraid of me, and my boss wants to fire me, bu the's afraid I'll hurt him or something if he does, which is why he wants to so much. It has destroyed my life, and I am losing my children's faith in me due to this. I am failing them. I am failing everyone. I want to die sometimes, just so it will stop, and I can be certain not to ever hurt anyone. Please if there is anyone out there who knows of a medication my primary doctor can give me (my insurance doesn't cover psychiatric care) I need your help. If nothing else, pray for me.
    Thank you for reading me.
    ~C
    NoFx12 likes this.

NoFx12 is offline New Member

Red face Do not lose hope!

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix destiny View Post
    Bridget, and Aryanash are you still coming here? Did you get help, if so what helped? Are you better now? Please, I have the EXACT same problems/symptoms as you described, including the randomly hurting others. Even people I love. I would never act on it, but the thoughts are extremely graphic and traumatizing. I need them to stop, and I need to be able to talk to people. I can't speak when presented with someone I don't yet know. I am recently divorced and very lonely, so I have been doing online dating, but sooner or later, they want to meet me in person. I panic and make up any excuse why I can't come right now. I am so lonely, my last friend died, and he was the only one left that understood me, and literally the ONLY friend I had left. Everyone at work is afraid of me, and my boss wants to fire me, bu the's afraid I'll hurt him or something if he does, which is why he wants to so much. It has destroyed my life, and I am losing my children's faith in me due to this. I am failing them. I am failing everyone. I want to die sometimes, just so it will stop, and I can be certain not to ever hurt anyone. Please if there is anyone out there who knows of a medication my primary doctor can give me (my insurance doesn't cover psychiatric care) I need your help. If nothing else, pray for me.
    Thank you for reading me.
    ~C

Hi destiny,
    i first had that same issue you are experiencing when i started detoxing and cutting weight 4 years ago. I took some pills that just depleted my body from many vitamins. I couldnt sleep at night because i was having really bad thoughts. I would see people I loved and had racing evil thoughts basically wishing death upon them which is completely out of character. It was really bad. I realized it was the pills and stopped taking them and eventually everything went back to normal. Fast forward to last year . I started messing with magic mushrooms and while on a trip my cousin randomly said do you ever get "bad thoughts" to which i said no. Well guess what the next day i got my anxiety back after years of having a clear mind. Not nearly as bad as before but it was back. Every morning having bad thoughts was almost ritualistic. It was impossible to control. I started smoking small amounts of weed and that helped suppress it.

At this point i am back to normal and whenever i feel like anxiety is about to hit i put my mind into doing something. I run a whole lot and i suggest you research into supplements that help anxiety. I have read vitamin B12 is amazing. My mother suffers from bi-polar disorder and has been on 5 different medications for over 20 years. I dont mess with psychedics anymore because i know it is very risky. I dont even smoke weed anymore.

I would just like to say that no matter what type of thoughts you are getting they are just thoughts!
    You dont act upon these thoughts so stop thinking low of yourself because they are just random thoughts lingering. This is not you!
    Think of all the good qualities you have and embrace that.
    One thing you can try is instead of fighting those thoughts go along with them no matter what they are even though you dont mean them. Your mind will not work as hard and hopefully the anxiety will lower.
    That helped me in my worst days.

I hope this helps you or anyone who is looking for advice. This worked for me and I hope it helps another person.
    The most important part is that those thoughts are not your true feelings and that you will eventually get better because I am living proof . Try different things and keep the hope. Hopefully something I said will keep you comfort!

vishnumaklikot is offline New Member

hey,
    i dnno whether anyone can help me out in my problem,im having the same problem like you guys faced. im facing it now.i cant control my mind its controlling me now,whatever i do only thoughts will flow ,while eating,sleeping,driving even if i am doing my job.i am actualy fed up with this,i cant really understand what is going around me ,all this started once i used cannibs(maruguana).
    after that i cant concentrate my mind on anything and when the time goes more and more negative thoughts are starting to flow through my mind. i am getting fed up with all these,once after this happens i consulted a doctor and hey gave me few tablets and then the thoughts stopped flowing but after few days i started to go to gym and all of a sudden the whole thought thing started to flow,this time even that tablet couldn't help me out.is there any solution for this its been around 4 months.no stamina to do work,cant concentrate in anything just thoughts....thats what controlling my life.i wanted to be back as what i am.i want to get my mind back to my control and to get rid of these emotional things,i even cant talk to anyone confidently cause i use to start thinking what to talk and while talking i use to think iam saying it correctly