California Rocket Fuel Effexor + Remeron
    Anonymous Guest

Default California Rocket Fuel Effexor + Remeron

I’ve only been taking this combo a short time. My doctor told me the nickname and I had to google it, and it seems it’s a celebrity pharma title, but if it helps my depression, neuropathy and panic I’m ok with it. Whatever.

I have taken Remeron before, mainly as it helps me sleep. Effexor though, scares me a bit. I even dug up a warning on a NIH website about Effexor withdrawals and driving. I’ve never seen a warning about opioid withdrawals and driving, through one might exist. That and another site, possibly wiki, mentioned Effexor was structurally related to PCP, has me concerned.

However, I’m going to give “California Rocket Fuel” a try. I’m only really noticing side effects so far, palpitations, wicked dry mouth, mild nausea and some odd visual effects (sorta like pixilization on a computer, very transient tho).

I hope it helps, eventually. I developed a terrible depression, and Wellbutrin wasn’t helping. The traditional SSRI’s make me horribly sick, and my doctor said the tricyclics would likely cause problems as well.

Has anyone had good results with this combo?

luckicharm is offline New Member

I just found your post and yes I'm thinking about starting the same thing only I'm going to do it with Cymbalta and Remeron I'm already on 60 mg of Cymbalta for 2 months now and I seem to have worked out all the Kinks and it works incredibly well for pain the Remeron I feel will help me sleep at night and maybe just give me that extra oomph because I'm really having a bad depressive episode it's the anniversary of my son's death and I have some other things happening feelings of failure lack of motivation you name it I'm feeling it so I'm looking forward to it I think the best advice I can give anybody is give it at least 6 weeks I take my Cymbalta at 6 a.m. but I am possibly switching to 30 mg at 6 a.m. and 30 at 6 p.m. because I do tend to kind of Dull out sometimes in the afternoon