Like Tree1Likes
cymbalta
    shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

Default cymbalta

does anyone have any experience with cymbalta. I have been taking it for the last 3 days. I just want to know if anyone had bad side effects or what happened when they tried to go off of it.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Shy
    It is funny you ask this ? ..I was at my doctor last week and he was trying to talk me into trying cymbalta now mind you I hate A/D.. but a friend of mine told me a/d saved her life..so what do I have to loose I was on then just a few days and every one in the house was saying what is wrong with you I would barley say a word and that is not like me...and I was having some very neg thoughts...so I said ok that is enough of that and quit that day... you know I have fibro and he thought it would help my pain.. it may have helped a little with the pain..but for me not worth it...it may work for you, just be very careful..

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

I also had bad side effects with Cymbalta. Please keep in mind each anti depressant effects each person differently so what I experienced you might not! It felt like a nasty mix of bad cocaine and booze. My head was always light and floaty and I felt sick but couldn't puke. I took it for 4 days total, I didn't care what anyone said about waiting 30 days. If I can't function I can't wait 30 days is how I look at it.

disabledleo is offline Member

Default I've taken every 1 of these types

Never have I had anything good to say about this type of med. but I have been taking 60 mgs a day for a moth + & have to say it must be doing something for me because it has calmed me down & I do not see anything negative other than bp jumping all over the place. So if you give it a chance it might work wonders for you
    Good luck & watch for sides

shybaybe2003 is offline Senior Member

well so far the 60 mgs or just being clean of drugs for over a week, has really helped my mood, and my pain is starting to diminsih

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shybaybe2003 View Post
    well so far the 60 mgs or just being clean of drugs for over a week, has really helped my mood, and my pain is starting to diminsih
    Hi Shy
    great for you !!! im so happy they are working !!! they just dont like me for some reason... keep me posted on how it is going !!!
    Melinda

datahamster is offline Member

Sorry to jump in here with a question, but I've been taking cymbalta for a year or so, and have
    been having very negative moods--although there's a few other things and meds that could
    easily be responsible.
    I'm on a low dose of Suboxone, and also having a terrible time with menopause and that's actually what I think is the problem, the hormonal imbalance. Could anyone direct me to a good
    link for the bad side effects of Cymbalta?
    Any info would be much appreciated, and Shy, if they are working for you, stick with them! Each one of us responds so differently to AD's. I'm also taking some Wellbutrin, my doctor's attempt at trying to amp up the effect of the Cymbalta.
    Data

l5pine is offline Junior Member

Hi Data, yes - Google "Withdrawal symptoms of Cymbalta" and read several pages back. You'll find posts by individuals that have and are taking it. They are first person reports and not so doctored up study that slanted in favor of the drug. But I too, believe that it's menopause that's causing your current issues.

Best,
    Des
    ~~"I WANT TO THANK EVERYBODY THAT EVER SAID NO TO ME, BECAUSE OF THEM - 'I DID IT MYSELF!'"~~

datahamster is offline Member

Des, thanks very much, I will do that! I'm not that afraid of the withdrawal, as "is it working now"
    kind of thing, but I'm sure I'd see all sorts of info.

Yes, the menopause can be a real beast, especially if one has had depression already, ugh!
    Hugs,
    Data