Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes
Day 3 of Oxycontin and Oxycodone withdrawal
    JulieJune is offline New Member

Tunnellight, how is it going? I'm on day 3, last opiate was 60 hours ago after about 3 weeks of tapering. Had been on a daily dose of 30 mg oxy (10 mg every 6 hours) for 6 years. While I've been struggling with some minor diarrhea the biggest obstacle is the pain, using good old fashioned ibuprofen and it does help some. I live in a state where cannabis is legal, hoping to find a strain that will help with the pain and not get me too buzzed.

JulieJune is offline New Member

Day 4 is here...no opiates! Feeling better each day. While my dose was never high, it was constant...every single day for 6 years, longer if I count the time leading up to daily use. I found a cannabis strain that is high in CBDs and low in thc called Harlequin. Smoked it yesterday (one hit), impacted me for about 6 hours, stronger than what I was looking for. For me weed has been helpful. It's nothing else it was a good distraction. Going to see my doc today and will make it clear that I am not one who should be prescribed opiates.

tunnellight is offline New Member

Hi JulieJune,

You're lucky to live in a cannabis friendly state. I'm sure that could solve all my problems, but from the past I know it messes up my sleep in that I have no dreams

The withdrawal ended up going very well, because the symptoms ended on day 4 and 5 I was just a little depressed, but I moved to the Percs and have been using everyday at least 3 a day and sometimes as many as 13, not good I know. July 4th weekend actually helped me take percs responsibley because I had a friend and fireworks to keep me entertained. Drank some and that helped keep my count down. I honestly am not and was not ready to give them up yet. The real cure has been watching something funny on TV and following the recommended dose, but then I was up to 13 a day as I stated and stopped them a few days ago cold turkey, same flu like symptoms, but not as bad and manageable but the insomnia is the worst for me. The best thing to do I hear is come off of them slowly and I stopped cold turkey because I said i would go a day with out and then 2,3 and now it's been 75 hours opiate free. I get depressed thinking about my past failed relationships and now many of those girls are married. Watched American Pie last night and that really depressed me and brought back memories from the past 15 years. The depression thing is hard to deal with because I'm usually a very happy person.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-20-2015 at 11:36 PM.

Ladyblue1866 is offline Banned

Hello Tunnellight

I understand where you are coming from. I can almost deal with the physical symptons it is the mental symptoms that are debilitating to me my goodness... The depression come in like a wave but I found if I keep myself busy listen to music clean up, go to work it give me less time to think.... Try keep your mind occupied.. I had a bad time this morning got up cook some breakfast feel a little better.

tunnellight is offline New Member

Hello all,
    Still doing percocets, but maybe it's a baby addiction, some days 1,2 or none and some days 10. I think this forum has helped to guide through withdrawal. Will be tapering off at the end of August, but I love the energy I seem to get from Percocet. I have no desire for OxyContin and I think that was the one that messed me up bad. I feel like Percocet withdrawal is a little easier and mild.

mikedntrstno1 is offline New Member

I'm starting day one of cold turkey along with my wife. We use (recreationally) anywhere from 60 to 150mg of oxycodone a day. It's put such a strain on us financially as well as turned us both into different people. We love each other very much and really don't want to see this progress anymore. We're right on the verge of being at the point where it's taking all of our money etc. We haven't lost anything (valuables) yet but I see it coming quickly. Any advice? It's been about 24 hours since my last dose and I feel awful.

Dudeman007 is offline New Member

Hello there. Keep it up. I'm on my fifth day. Like you , the first three for me were almost unbearable but I kept my eye on the prize. The prize being a healthier me , physically and most importantly mentally. I wake up now feeling extremely happy that I don't start my day looking for my meds. I know once I hit the seventh day, I'll be over the hump and never ever listening to my doc to put me on these wicked pills. I quit smoking cold turkey 35 years ago and never smoked again. I thought that was hard, well quitting smoking is a walk in the park compared to this. I even phone the medical help line on my first day and they said I wouldn't be able to quit cold turkey and they were going to put me on some drug to offset the withdrawal. Well, I'm glad I stuck it out and pretty soon, I'm going to have my life back. I am a believer in God and during my ordeal especially the first day, I prayed to God to give me the strength to endure this hardship, to comfort me and protect me at my weakest hour and I believe more now that never. I believe God answered my prayers cause right after I prayed, my systoms seem to level out and were tolerable and I made it through the first day and night. You see, I take these challenges one day at a time. I said my second day as soon as I got up, " I made it through the first day, now I'll make it through the second" I'm on my 5 day and doing fine. Just believe in yourself and think about how happy you will be once this journey of yours is complete........ God Bless and remember, your not alone in your struggle

Hi everyone. Well I'm on day 5 and a bit of my anxiety came back. Not sleeping very well at all but I'm not giving up. When I make to Sunday, I'll know I've succeeded in my quest for a better life. I swear if another doctor tries to give me narcotics, I'll probably smoke him one or simply walk out. My opinion, is that a majority of the problem lies with doctors. They simply rely on pills to be the magic cure. My wife had kidney desease and they gave her hydromorph and she became a addict. When she went into the hospital one time, she asked for her meds and they refused to give them to her. Now is that right?

So pretty much I've lost all faith in doctors and I now look at alternative measures for health issues. There are a lot of books on natural path healing and it's my path I am going down once I've completely off these meds. I really emphasis with some of the people on here that took upwards of 200mg and they too are trying to get off. The withdrawals systoms must be unbearable but don't give up and pray to God cause he will answer all those who pray to him. I certainly did on my first withdrawal day. He was there for me and I will never forget that. all the best to everyone on here as this forum has been a great help to me. It really helps just knowing other people are or have gone through this. Much thanks to everyone and God Bless
    vjd812 likes this.

Hey there. I'm on 14 day and holy craps has the depression taken a hold. I have never been so down in the dumps my entire life. It's just taking every ounce of energy to literally stay off the opiates. But I know the depression will pass as well. I have slight anxiety but nothing compared to the first day. I don't have much energy and in usually in bed by 9 and I try to stay asleep but with the withdrawals, it's keeping me a wake. I am glad I quit them cause I can see the light at the end of this. I'm already thinking more clearer and when I get up in the morning, I'm not reaching for my bottle of pills. I actually phoned our medical help line and they actually said I wouldn't be able to go cold turkey which is the way I went. But I'm on day 14 and not going back. My pain has returned but now I know what hurts , what I can and can't do rather than drugged upo thinking I'm superman. I have to be honest with you, I quit smoking without any patch or anything 34 years ago and never smoked since. I thought that was hard but after this journey, it was a walk in the park. It has made my faith a lot stronger as well. The first night Of withdrawals, I pretty much was at the end of my rope. I was contiplting suicide cause I wanted my suffering to end. IT was then that I prayed to God to help me with my suffering and at that moment, my shaking lessened, I crawled into bed and I knew right then I could do it. So if you are a religious person, at least you have somebody to lean a on like I did. So if you are starting or thinking about it, do it cause it will be your first step to your new beginning. Good luck to you and keep the faith. God Bless
    Thisweekforsure likes this.

Well everyone, I'm on week three after quitting cold turkey from the pill that takes lives away. This will be my last entry into this blog as I know now that I have succeeded in my quest to get my life back. I broke my toe the other night and went to the hospital to get it checked out and they asked how the pain was. I told them unbelievable and then they were going to give me Hydromorphine for the pain. I told them NO! I'd rather feel the pain then he the meds. I knew if I took the meds, the chances of my progress in my opinion would of been in jeopardy so I resisted. I informed them of what I was doing and shortly after, the doc and 7 nurses came in and praised me for what I did. They said most people couldn't do what I did and they asked how I was able to succeed. I told them first and foremost, I didn't do it alone. If it wasn't for my prayers to God, I would not of won my battle. With his divine faith in me is the reason I am now OXY free. Oh sure my pain is back but The first thing I noticed being off the drug is that I don't do things now because of the pain. The OXY covers it up, it's still there but fools the brain so you think it's gone. So on OXY, you do things that are making your reason for the pain worse. So now, I feel pain and pain is the body's way of telling you to take care of yourself better. I wake up in the morning now and I feel amazing. I find joy in the littlest thing and before all I did was look for my pills. I lost my soul mate because of these pills and to some I paid the ultimate price. Yes , I think they are right as I still suffer from bad depression spells, not from the OXY withdrawal but for losing the love of my life. I quit using OXY on the day of her birthday. That day I will never forget. So all you readers out there starting your journey, Please! Never give up. I know it's hard but you will win. Thanks for listening to my stories of my journey. I wish you all the best of luck and God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Dudeman007 View Post
    Well everyone, I'm on week three after quitting cold turkey from the pill that takes lives away. This will be my last entry into this blog as I know now that I have succeeded in my quest to get my life back. I broke my toe the other night and went to the hospital to get it checked out and they asked how the pain was. I told them unbelievable and then they were going to give me Hydromorphine for the pain. I told them NO! I'd rather feel the pain then he the meds. I knew if I took the meds, the chances of my progress in my opinion would of been in jeopardy so I resisted. I informed them of what I was doing and shortly after, the doc and 7 nurses came in and praised me for what I did. They said most people couldn't do what I did and they asked how I was able to succeed. I told them first and foremost, I didn't do it alone. If it wasn't for my prayers to God, I would not of won my battle. With his divine faith in me is the reason I am now OXY free. Oh sure my pain is back but The first thing I noticed being off the drug is that I don't do things now because of the pain. The OXY covers it up, it's still there but fools the brain so you think it's gone. So on OXY, you do things that are making your reason for the pain worse. So now, I feel pain and pain is the body's way of telling you to take care of yourself better. I wake up in the morning now and I feel amazing. I find joy in the littlest thing and before all I did was look for my pills. I lost my soul mate because of these pills and to some I paid the ultimate price. Yes , I think they are right as I still suffer from bad depression spells, not from the OXY withdrawal but for losing the love of my life. I quit using OXY on the day of her birthday. That day I will never forget. So all you readers out there starting your journey, Please! Never give up. I know it's hard but you will win. Thanks for listening to my stories of my journey. I wish you all the best of luck and God Bless

Hello Dudeman

Thanks for sharing with us..... You have been a inspiration... Leaving a note to let other know it is possible.... If you like to continue with us and start your on thread so others can read your story that would be great.....

Enjoy your life being free... It so much better on the other side.

Default Keep your eye on the prize

I would like to start my own thread and continue to help others in their struggles. I am quite fortunate that I was able to do what I did. I went to my physician today and he was astonished of my success. He made mention you can't do it alone, you need some support structure, mine was God. He helped me through some of the darkest hours of my life and I will never go back because I've seen evil and stared it in the face and won.

I feel so free now and the happiest I've been in years. After going through what I just did, I know now that I can overcome anything that gets thrown my way. I am planning a trip to Alaska to do some sight seeing and to get aquatinted with someone that I haven't known in years, that person is ME!!!. So anyone out there that just wants to talk, just drop me a email. I'll respond as quickly as I can

Everyone, keep your eye on the prize, take it from me, It is well worth it.

God Bless

Hey everyone, a note not to discourage your quest to be OXY free but there is one thing that has to be put out there. I don't know why each person is on OXY but I must assume it is for some for of pain. I started on it when I had my first back surgery which went excellent , was off the OXY for Sheila and then I started getting incredible cyatic nerve pain in my leg and I was back on it. I had my second back surgery and that too went fine but the surgeon once again gave me. Ore OXY to take so actuality I was on OXY for probably a period of 5 years or more. I also suffer from nerve damage in my feet and it can become quite severe at times. The OXY totally took that away and I was able to continue on with my day, relatively pain free. Now that I'm off the OXY, my pain in my feet is back big time. I spoke with my physician and he is extremely happy I'm off the OXY and will keep a close eye on my pain and has already mentioned he may have to give me something that is not a narcotic but stronger than Advil for the pain. The reason I am telling everyone this is that you have to be mentally prepared for the return of your pain. I know before the OXY addiction, I was able to tolerate the pain and it's been a few days now and I am slowly returning to my normal self again. You will be faced with a decision whether to go back on the meds but take it from me, don't. Being OXY free is amazing. A lot of readers on here have forgotten what it's like not to be tied to the bottle of pills every day. I now can go anywhere without having to worry about taking my pills, I feel great , I'm thinking more clearer now and can look forward to rebuilding my life that the OXY took away.

Well I've almost hit the four week mark and today the depression has really taken hold. I know that we will experience periods of reoccurring withdrawal symptoms but man , how long will they go on? My anxiety is somewhat gone but these down times are really testing me. I was told I need to go away on a holiday just to see some different scenery and such. I got a trip planned for a few days here and I'm hoping it will help. Nevertheless, I'm glad I quit the OXY and so is my doc. I like summer and all but here in Saskatchewan they go from one extreme to the next. We had a very hot dry spell and quite frankly I'm sick of it. I do like winter when the wind isn't blowing but at least there's no bugs. So I'm kind of looking forward to when the days turn colder and it makes sleeping at night easier as well. Everybody take care

Default 4 weeks and still off the OXY after quitting cold turkey

Well, I think I've got her licked but still having some small withdrawal items like depression and no energy. But as each day goes by, I can feel myself getting my mojo back. I don't know if all you readers know that when your on OXY, your body stops producing endorphins. So when you quit taking OXY, your body has to slowly start making them again. My doc says to fully get OXY out of your systems after you quit , will take anywhere between 4 to 6 months. After that, your body should be back to normal, well as normal as it can be but clean from OXY. I stil don't sleep worth a darn but I do have a sleep disorder anyways so I'm use to getting very little sleep. I can't wait for my energy level is back to normal. I'm giving it a helping hand by going to the gym on a regular basis and sitting in the steam room, trying to sweat the >>>> out of my system.

Now I have to be honest here, Do I miss the calm feeling OXY gives you, in a way but I am going to see a shaman healer who is going to teach me how to meditate and find new ways to relax and be happy.

Well I cannot say enough of how helpful this forum has been for me. With it and the help from God, I've seen hell being on OXY, now I see me emerging again and for keeps this time. Take care and God Bless

[deleted - breaching forum rules]
    Last edited by Anonymous; 09-03-2016 at 01:14 PM.

Well it's almost 2 months since I took my last OXY. I get no more metal taste in my mouth, my depression is I would say 95% gone, and I'm starting to get my zip in life back again. Asking me if quitting OXY was the best thing I have done I. A long time, the answer would be Yes . The main problem I see with this drug , beside the fact that you become an addict, is the longer you stay on it, you start to loose focus on why you started it in the first place. In my case , it took control of my life and all I did was focus on the drug, nothing else mattered. Sure it helped with my pain but being on the drug, you couldn't tell whether your pain was still as bad as it was or maybe, your health got better and the pain wasn't as severe anymore. The only way to tell if it lessened in magnitude was to get off the drug.

It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do but now I can honestly say Iam OXY free. And guess what? The level of pain I was in when I first started taking OXY was way lower than it originally was. I am now using natural remedies for pain which includes lots of exercise and rest. Will I ever go back on them? Never!!!!!!!I can now focus on my new life given to me by God and I am never looking back. For those just starting out on their journey, Never give up !!!!. It is better being OXY Free. Take care everyone and God Bless
    Thisweekforsure likes this.

Thisweekforsure is offline Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dudeman007 View Post
    Well it's almost 2 months since I took my last OXY. I get no more metal taste in my mouth, my depression is I would say 95% gone, and I'm starting to get my zip in life back again. Asking me if quitting OXY was the best thing I have done I. A long time, the answer would be Yes . The main problem I see with this drug , beside the fact that you become an addict, is the longer you stay on it, you start to loose focus on why you started it in the first place. In my case , it took control of my life and all I did was focus on the drug, nothing else mattered. Sure it helped with my pain but being on the drug, you couldn't tell whether your pain was still as bad as it was or maybe, your health got better and the pain wasn't as severe anymore. The only way to tell if it lessened in magnitude was to get off the drug.

It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do but now I can honestly say Iam OXY free. And guess what? The level of pain I was in when I first started taking OXY was way lower than it originally was. I am now using natural remedies for pain which includes lots of exercise and rest. Will I ever go back on them? Never!!!!!!!I can now focus on my new life given to me by God and I am never looking back. For those just starting out on their journey, Never give up !!!!. It is better being OXY Free. Take care everyone and God Bless
    Beautiful and insightful post.

Owdidigethere is offline New Member

Just what I needed sitting in my 20th Bath of the day, dripping with sweat lol. You are truly motivational, we need to spread the word!!

Getmebetter is offline New Member

I wish I knew how to post a new thread

silverlining1 is offline Senior Member

Getmebetter,

Go to the Forum, pick a category.....'Need to Talk' gets the most action.....then right above the posts is a blue box that says...'Post New Thread"...click that and go! Hope you get this and we can hear your story.
    Getmebetter likes this.

Getmebetter is offline New Member

Thank you so much

SapphireDragon9 is offline New Member

Default Please help_/|\_

Quote Originally Posted by melblanco View Post
    I got through quiting oxycodone with no withdrawls whatsoever with natural opiate plant based formula only available at my doctor PM me for more info
    I would very much like to know what formula and how to have doc prescribe it? Thank you

TheCib is offline Member

I'm on day two cold turkey. Chills and flu symptoms. I'm done with this stuff

TheCib is offline Member

Anyone out there ?

Blueangel0329 is offline New Member

I'm on day 3, quit cold turkey this time around, my supplier (dealer) either got arrested or is sick of me. I was taking 40 mgs a day. Of course, first thing in the morning, a couple before work and one during work. It helped me deal with the idiots I work with, I guess maybe I am the idiot. Day 2 was pretty rough, nausea, a little shaking and hot and cold flashes, woke up today (day 3) feeling pretty good but called in sick today just to be on the safe side. Thankfully I slept pretty good last night, Trazadone helps significantly...I am super irritable and praying that goes away soon...

keyless is offline New Member

I’m so sorry and will pray it gets easier for you. I don’t know why some people get addicted and withdraw, when others have no problem stopping. This is something that should be addressed by pharmaceuticals, or FDA. I started on ocycodone 6 years ago through my pain management doctor. 10 mg three times daily. I am a 64 year old female. Like you, I took them mostly to deal with work and pain. Then I stopped after three years. No issues at all, except I wasn’t condtipated all the time anymore. Then I went back for pain about a year later and have been on percosets , fentayl, and now on dilaudas. But whenever I start taking them just to take them and have no pain, I it them away for a week sometimes two, and never had withdrawals. Anyway, I wish you the best!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12