desperatly need advice concerning suboxone!!
    Ferrari88 is offline New Member

Exclamation desperatly need advice concerning suboxone!!

I have been using >>>>>> fir about four or five months now. I recently went to a doctor authorized to prescribe me suboxone. The first timei took it i didnt wait nearly long enough after my last hit (only about five or six hours) so i became extremly ill for nearly three days. I got through that but relapsed a few weeks later. the second time i tried to quit i waited almost 24 hours until i was well into withdrawel before i took any. but i realize in retrospect i didnt take enough suboxone (only about i/2 a pill every six hours so) i remained in withdrawel and eventualy gave in. yesterday i tried again, i waited until i was in ful withdrawel before i took any subxone and took three whole ones spaced half an hour apart. i still became progressivly more sick. finnally i went out and did some dope which only took the edge off of my sickness(damn blocker) Is it possible suboxone dosnt work for me? i dont understand what im doing wrong. Im getting desperate here and advice from anyone would be helpful!

kevin9494 is offline Member

Default Ferrari88

Please don't think I'm being rude when I ask this question. Why are you wasting you money on Suboxone (it's so expensive) if you are just going to keep right on getting high. I'm willing to bet that you are in a relationship where you wanna quit and he/she doesn't. Am I right??? Like I said I am not here to judge you. On 12-01-07 I was clean and sober for 1 year and that's no prescription drugs or street drugs. I cannot believe me. I know how hard it is to stop. When I first got on Suboxone after about 1 ro 2 weeks, I tried shooting 3 bags and didn't even get a buzz. The suboxone us supposed to tie into your brain and not let anything illecit compromise that. Hey, Good Luck to you. I really mean that. My email is snoclaf94@msn.com. You can contact me anytime.

cAndYpaNtS is offline New Member

Default Same Problem

I had the very same problem with the suboxone! It literally had NO effect on me, I was still sick as a dog. I wasn't any worse, but no better either. I have friends who swear it's a miracle drug for them & they feel great off it! I don't get it. I'm guessing it just seems to only work for some people, but not me unfortunately! I was actually really excited to try it cause I was really wanting to kick my >>>>>> addiction, but not with methadone since it's MORE addictive. I was soooo hoping it would work! I'm still trying to kick, any suggestions?

SheLovesKoalas is offline Junior Member

First attempt you didn't wait long enough. Second time you didn't take enough Sub and this last time (my opinion only here) you took waaaaaay toooooooooo much Suboxone.

Obviously you are not using a doctor to get the Sub's prescribed? If not, check out naabt.com.

I began (in full w/d) with 4mg first shot and 4mg as soon as the w/d symptoms began to appear.........

Good luck!
    Janice
    I shall remain grateful for Suboxone...........

PP66 is offline New Member

Well...That's the idea behind suboxone. If you insist on using >>>>>> and suboxone you have two choices. 1. DO NOT inject >>>>>> or use it parenterally, becuase, as you have already found out, you will become sick. If you use >>>>>>e enterally or snort it; the naloxone will have absolutely no effect. Naloxone only becomes active when opiod agonists are administered peranterally (injection or infusion). Your second option is have your doctor change your suboxone prescription to a subutex script. Subutex doesn't contain naloxone and therefore, you can continue to use >>>>>> parenterally.

As far as suboxone working for some people and not for others you must remember that if you inject >>>>>>, your withdrawl symptoms must be much more severe when start suboxone compared with someone who swallows pills or snorts. Although I have met people that actually get a buzz from suboxone! absolutley shocking to me!

Still, suboxone truly is an excellent drug for getting off junk. Its no miracle and part of the work must be done by you. Once you are on it for a while the "dope nostalgia" will diminish. Once you become somewhat productive on suboxone only, your desire will diminish.

The physical desire or need for >>>>>> will end much much sooner than your mental desire, or pyschological need.

>>>>>> IS PSYCHOSOMATIC! Understand that if you understand anything at all during your treatment!!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 04-30-2008 at 02:13 AM.

leiito is offline New Member

Default Suboxone doesn't work for some people?

re: posts by guys claiming Sub didnt do it for them. I made the mistake of switching from 60mg methadone to sub with just 2 days of >>>>>> in between. Half hour after taking Sub I was very sick, though not exactly like withdrawal, but very uncomfortable. I smoked 3gs of >>>>>> to no effect whatsoever. Day 2 was better but still bad, on day 3 I started feeling human but I kept on smoking and snorting for a whole week before I stabilized despite knowing that >>>>>> has absolutely no effect. To make it worse I got hold of China White Nr. 4 after years of filthy Afghani ******************** but Sub blocks any effect. After a week I feel no cravings at all.

Talking to my doc and other people it looks that like any drug Sub also does very different things to different people, but there's no way it doesn't work. Most likely you are one of the people who a) didn't wait long enough in w/d before taking Sub (like me) and/or b) can't take being sick for 3-4 days. Many patients of my doc's come crying back next day asking to be put back on methadone.

Try to be on >>>>>> for a while, get into serious w/d, I mean wait for 4-5 hours after Ms Diahrrea came calling and you should be OK. At worst days 1 and 2 will be somewhat uncomfortable but piece of cake compared to full blown >>>>>> wd.

As to why to start taking Sub in the first place, it definitely reduces cravings, it seems to restore your natural endorphine production and especially your receptor's responsiveness, which is the key to preventing relapse. Exercise works wonders for battling depression and endorphine production.

Best of all, many Sub users report an actual high, almost speedball-like in nature, which enables them to work and function normally again and while this so called honeymoon phase doesn't last forever it's a bonus. Many people are abusing Buprenorphine for this high.

CL20044 is offline New Member

No,you are not doing anything wrong,nor are you crazy. Yes,the time you didn't wait long enough likely put you into precipitated w/d,but you waited the proper amount of time the next time. Some people just can't get it through their thick skulls that everyone's different,& that bupernorphine just doesn't work for everyone.And alot of doctors lately have been jumping on the bupernorphine bandwagon,thinking it's THE answer,& that if you say it doesn't work they think you just don't want to stop.Doctors just seem to think that whatever medical books say goes for every human being on the planet,& just can't fathom that people are all different.

I myself,a >>>>>> addict,have had bupernorphine in several different brands & forms.Suboxone,Subutex,Bupernex shots,& Bupernorphine shots. None have any effect in helping my w/d whatsoever.When you say that,everyone just says,'it's because you did it wrong',or 'it was the wrong dose',but each time it was under a doctor's supervision,I'd waited over 24hrs,& was in severe w/d. It just simply doesn't work for everyone,& I'm so tired of people trying to argue this statement over & over again because they refuse to accept this. There's a big difference between bupernorphine & a full opioid agonist.It's just not going to work for some.Also,here's another thing the medical records aren't correct about.They say the Naloxone in Suboxone has virtually no effect when taken orally.That's incorrrect-many have adverse reactions to it,& it's not as rare as doctors think.Also,they say it's the bupernorphine that blocks,not the naloxone.While the bupernorphine binds more tightly to your opiate receptors,thus competing w/other opiates that may be there (hence why you got sick the first time),& blocking new ones,I truly believe the Naloxone does alot more than they're telling us.You were stuck sick for several days.So was I,& so were others I knew. Yet with just bupernorphine,when it didn't help me,when I went out & shot dope,I got well.So that throws out the whole thing about the Naloxone not doing the blocking & having no effect.

Honestly,I'd go a different route than any kind of bupernorphine.You're likely just going to keep wasting your time & money.I'd originally though it was more for people who hadn't been using that long (I've been an iv bundle+ a day user for a long time),you haven't,& it doesn't work for you either,at any dose.Doctors will try to tell you otherwise,& try to give you some reason as to why it didn't,& why it supposedly will w/them,but if it didn't work the other times,it's just not going to no matter what. You're just one of those people,like myself,that bupernorphine just doesn't work for.
    Sorry to be so longwinded,but just wanted to be detailed,& you to know it's not you,& you're by far not alone.I wish you the best of luck!

franc1ne73 is offline New Member

I agree, suboxone isn't working for me.. I got off the clinic at 80mg to go cold turkey. This is day and I just wanted some relief so I tried suboxone, ,24mg over two hours. It is now three hours later and still have no relief.

franc1ne73 is offline New Member

This is day 6

punkrockmama85 is offline New Member

I take suboxen. I went cold turkey for a few days before taking half of an 8mg tablet. I instantly felt better. My doctor advised I come in over 24 hours later when I was very dope sick. Methadone and suboxen do not mix. I have a great doctor that I see once a month. Maybe try to not take suboxen so soon? There is subutex also that I know someone takes that can't take suboxen due to it making them sick. Plus suboxen doesn't taste good in the ffirst place

Harpersmom10 is offline New Member

I have never taken Suboxone but I’m on subutex and have been for awhile. It works for me. I know one person neither worked for but that person was not seriously into sobriety so I don’t know if that had anything to do with it.

VICZZ is offline New Member

Default Suboxone advise

Hi friend, the last post was kind of rude with too much candor. Any one who reaches out for advise on this is taking a risk. I was put on suboxone when it was a pill 15 years ago 4 a day. I commend you for courage in asking and by large and smaller dosed of suboxone over the years with much research I know maybe more than the doctors do about this drug. It will not test positive for an opiate test, it block real opiate buzzes at the receptors in the head/brain, you can build up a hell of a tolerance and the good news is that when you get past the psychological aspect with a desire to stop, you can taper down sometimes with a mild benzo and be off of it in 4 to 7 days. There will be some agitation, temptation and maybe sleeplessness. I no longer take it but that is how the doctors do and I did it last august. There is a great life out there and I am on top of my game as when I was in my 20s. you got my email with contact info so use it if you want to chat~~~~~~~ Be safe friend

Suboxone subutex near the same thing~

VICZZ

Hi friend, Please read my post to Ferrari88, I went cold as well off of suboxone with the help of mild benzos and was off of it in 7 days.Yes agitation and temptation all around however it worked. No doctors, not really suggested but? I got on it in the 2000s and my doc eventually lowered it as a pain killer from 4 2-8 tabs and i did the rest. In the 2000s I was abusing 40 to 80 mg oxycontin to the tune of 4000mg a day. I first refused the suboxone from the shrink but the second request by him I chose yes. I take nothing now and am at the top of my game. Any one caught in this cycle I feel for. I know more about suboxone it' effects, half life and that it can be gotton off of in a short period of time. Thanks fro reading~~~ VICZZ