Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nohigh
Early Suboxone Help
    Realization is offline New Member

Unhappy Early Suboxone Help

Robert (and everyone else!),
    Hello to you. I feel very lucky to have stumbled on this board, and to have found someone like Robert who is able to offer such support and intelligent, helpful advice.

To start, a little background of my addiction. I began taking Percocet's and Vicodin's recreationally after a shoulder injury left me with a small surplus. I had always been interested in drugs, especially weed, and a passing interest in hallucinogens. I have also dealt with anxiety issues throughout my teenage years and up until the injury (at age 23). Once I found the feeling oxycodone and other opiates gave me, and how free of anxiety I was I (stupidly) thought I found something that I could use occasionally to deal with anxiety and also get a high and have fun. Like most, this quickly turned into a daily habit. I turned to Oxycontin soon after the percs and vics weren't cutting it. I stumbled down this road for over a year, and have finally decided enough is enough. I knew this when I literally had a needle in hand and was about to shoot up for the first time with >>>>>>. I know it sounds so cliche but it is sadly the truth. Thankfully I stopped myself, but of course continued popping and sniffing the Oxycontin. Before stopping I was doing around 420mg of oxycodone (via Oxycontin and sometime IR oxycodone) a day. I had heard about suboxone from a friend and was able to get 2 30 count bottles of 2mg suboxone's and 1 bottle of 30 count 2mg subutex. I foolishly thought I could use these to stop the withdrawals, then just stop and be fine. Stumbling upon some posts from this site, specifically ones with Robert mentoring/assisting/counseling others off of subs, was a rude awakening to the truth of Suboxone (and Subutex) w/ds I will be facing. I am fortunately just starting my suboxone "plan" (and yes I know self medicating is not the way to go, but from what ive read here, maybe it was for the best since a doc didn't end up directing me to take 16mg(!) of suboxone to start. Also my work and family and friends cannot know of this addiction, shame is a powerful feeling...)

Now as far as my current progress I have kept a dosage log, and it is as follows:

Thursday November 4th around 11pm: Sniffed my very last 80mg oxycontin, total of 480mg that day (6 80mg oxycontins, 2 chewed and ingested, the rest sniffed)

Friday November 5th: Horrible feelings of w/ds hitting during late afternoon. Toughed it out until 9pm and took my first 2mg subutex.
    10pm took another 2mg - feeling better, restless legs calming down
    11pm took another 2mg - finally starting to feel almost normal again got into bed again and fell asleep.

Saturday November 6th: Wake up feeling NORMAL! I am thankful.
    9:30am - take 2mg subutex
    12pm - take 2mg subutex
    4:30pm - take 2mg subutex
    8pm - take 2mg of subutex feeling normal still, sleeping well, eating is going ok but food tastes unpleasant.

Sunday November 7th:Wake up feeling great! Energy is coming back, anxiety is almost nonexistent, I am ecstatic from this, I feel like subs are a miracle....
    10am - 2mg subutex
    1pm - 2mg subutex eating a big lunch, tastes good actually! Pleased with this. Getting house work done, feeling motivated
    6:40pm - 2mg subutex - take friend to airport, go visit other friend, go home and relax, still feeling very uplifted and almost shocked at how normal I feel, and how anxiety free I have been.
    10:10pm - take 2mg subutex thinking it will help me sleep, does not, but once i do fall asleep I sleep hard!

Monday November 8th: Back to work...ugh. But once there I am more focused and able to work with strong focus and concentration than I have in a long time. Caffeine makes me too jittery, an issue i haven't had in ages, otherwise loving life again!
    7:55am +2mg subutex
    8:30am +2mg subutex
    12:40pm +2mg subutex
    6:40pm +2mg subutex work went well, tired at end of day, sub taken when at home seemed to make me feel more alert, could be placebo, sleep well

Tuesday November 9th (Today): Motivated for work, while there no issues with being tired or anxiety.... until I realized I left the bottle of Subutex at home...ahh! Oh well the first doses kept me feeling great until I got home much later...! shocked at this but very happy.
    7:02am +2mg subutex
    8:25am +2mg subutex
    6:38pm +2mg subutex

After taking this last dose I decided to search "how to get off suboxone properly", and found the posts describing the horrors of Sub w/ds. This got me very worried and I felt I should reach out to you Robert for advice on how best to proceed. I would love to not experience any "w/d days" as I cant really miss work unless absolutely necessary. I am beyond appreciative to any advice or help you can offer, and am relieved and feel confident already, that I am posting here, from seeing all he other people you have successfully helped out on here. THANKS!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-09-2010 at 11:18 PM.

First question (already!), if you don't mind, should I stay with 6mg total for the day, or take my last one before bed like the past few days? I feel normal, I have no cold sweats, restless legs, or other W/D type feelings currently. Thanks!

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

Hi Real ! From just glossing over your postt at first, I see one mistake you are definittely making. Sub is not meant to be taken more tthan 2x per day. It is a long acting opiate with a half life of 36-72 hours. Popping a pill is addict behavior and truly not necessary. Many people only dose 1x a day. I do it that way with no w/d ever. It stays in your system thatt long. As far as your dose, I will leave thatt to other people tto post aboutt, but I promise, 4x a day is definitely not necessary and you will find no one here that takes it that way.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Realization ...... newyorkgal is correct in that no one needs to take either subutex or suboxone three or more times a day. I usually suggest taking it twice, once when you get up and once in the afternoon late. The only reason for that is it seems to be a little easiier for most people doing it twice each day. But I agree with NYG's post about more doses than that being the start of addictive behavior. I would NOT do it, especially with a background of snorting oxycontin up until your last day. All types of addictive behavior should stop. Some people use it once a day and are fine. Either way once or twice is fine but certainly no more than twice.

You''ve just started the subs. You should stay at your current dose of 6mg until you have about five or six days behind you. Remember you're still in opiate detox, the subs are just hiding it. After about six days you can begin to taper down the dose by 25% of whatever your current dose is at the time every four days. Stay at that taper schedule and continue to post how we can help you.

You should read the link below explaining the process I have suggested to others since I did it years ago. It's been a very successful process to date. Hope that helps. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Realization ....... Sorry didn't post the link. Here it is. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-11-2010 at 01:04 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Thank you newyorkgal and Robert! I do greatly appreciate the help and advice. I was totally unaware that dosing suboxone or subutex multiple times was an incorrect method, I was assuming that by spreading it I would ensure W/D symptoms would never occur. Now that I am more informed of the halflife and recommended dosing times, I will follow this. Currently today I had taken one 2mg subutex at 8am then another at 8:30 before heading to work. And this is all. I feel fine, so should I take the another 2mg and then start with both right in the morning then last one in afternoon (6mg total)? or could I be ready for (or always needed) 4mg a day?

Thanks again!! You guys are great!

EDIT: I see 6mg is what I should stay at... so take it now, or soon? Also everytime I click the link you provided I get an "Redirect loop error"... not sure whats going on, but seems to be an issue on my side..
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-10-2010 at 11:22 PM.

I tried the site to see if it was just you and also got an error message????? Don't understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkgal View Post
    I tried the site to see if it was just you and also got an error message????? Don't understand why.
    Could be a config error with drugs.com site.... im IT not web dev but from what it sounds like the background routing of site info is redirecting to either an invalid or unavailiable link, to then link to the final site and since the invalid or unavailiable link is there it doesnt work..... just a guess

Ok so I went ahead and took the last 2mg of the day to make it a total of 6mg of subutex today. Tomorrow I will take 4mg in the morning before work and 2mg around 3 or 4 pm. Thanks again for the advice.

You're better off taking two equal doses just to have a steady amount. The twice a day you switched to is good.

Yes split it into equal doses. NYG is correct. Going up and down on the doses is incorrect. Here is another try at the link. It should work as it's worked for years. God bless.

https://www.drugs.com/forum/featured...apy-50887.html

Ok that link did work Robert, and much thanks. So I still did the 4mg in the morning (8am) then 2 mg right when I got home today (6:30pm). Should I split the pills to make it 3 and 3? Dumb question i know, but just split one tab in half right?
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-11-2010 at 09:50 PM.

Also another question, ,since i've been on Subutex, will i notice any difference when I move to the suboxone 2mg's? W/d or daily attitude/feeling wise?

I currently have a total of 5 2mg tabs of Subutex, then the two bottles of 30 count 2mg suboxone.

Edit: I must have lost some now that I look at my log and compare what I have left... or taken one too many...damn. I will ENSURE I keep better track now...
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-11-2010 at 09:56 PM.

And final question for the night (hopefully), when you say I should stay at my dose until I have 5 or 6 days behind me, is this 5 or 6 since the very first day of using the subs, or from when you posted? If its "the first day i started subs" day I will be at 7 days tomorrow night....so tomorrow move to 4mg a day or do this on Saturday? Sorry if these seem obvious but I can be very anal about how to exactly do things...

Thanks as always!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-11-2010 at 10:51 PM.

Realization ...... You should do EQUAL split doses, same amount in the morning as the afternoon. For the cost I would ask for 8mg pills as they are not much more in price than the 2mg. I can tell you how to divide them later, and once you've got about seven days after being inducted you should be able to start doing the taper at 25% every four days. So yes you could reduce but go from 6mg to 4.5mg. You can try 4mg for convenience sake and see how it works for you. I can't really say yet how many pills you'll need, but most people need about sixty 8mg pills or thereabouts. So you can figure in mg what you have now and base what you'll need on that amount of mg. Hope that helps. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Realization ...... You should do EQUAL split doses, same amount in the morning as the afternoon. For the cost I would ask for 8mg pills as they are not much more in price than the 2mg. I can tell you how to divide them later, and once you've got about seven days after being inducted you should be able to start doing the taper at 25% every four days. So yes you could reduce but go from 6mg to 4.5mg. You can try 4mg for convenience sake and see how it works for you. I can't really say yet how many pills you'll need, but most people need about sixty 8mg pills or thereabouts. So you can figure in mg what you have now and base what you'll need on that amount of mg. Hope that helps. God bless.
    Awesome thanks for the quick response. I will do 2mg in the morning then 2mg in the afternoon and see how I do tomorrow.

As far as 60 8mg suboxones.... I didnt exactly get these bottles from a pharmacy.... I got them from an old dealer (of oxycontin and other stuff). I honestly don't know how I would get anymore other than to contact people in that crowd, which I DO not want to do, for risk of temptation. I do know I can go the legal, doctor prescribed route, but shame has kept me away from that since the beginning, along with my lack of a general practitioner. I do see a nuerologist on a bi-monthly basis due to having Multiple Sclerosis (very benign at this point, but I do apologize for not mentioning this earlier), and that is it.

Thanks for the help and god bless to you as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Realization View Post
    Awesome thanks for the quick response. I will do 2mg in the morning then 2mg in the afternoon and see how I do tomorrow.

As far as 60 8mg suboxones.... I didnt exactly get these bottles from a pharmacy.... I got them from an old dealer (of oxycontin and other stuff). I honestly don't know how I would get anymore other than to contact people in that crowd, which I DO not want to do, for risk of temptation. I do know I can go the legal, doctor prescribed route, but shame has kept me away from that since the beginning, along with my lack of a general practitioner. I do see a nuerologist on a bi-monthly basis due to having Multiple Sclerosis (very benign at this point, but I do apologize for not mentioning this earlier), and that is it.

Thanks for the help and god bless to you as well!
    So i guess what I am asking is, will I be able to do a taper with what I have? 60 2mg Suboxones and 5 2mb Subutex (this comes to 120mg total Suboxone and 10mg Subutex total, >> 480mg of Suboxone you stated [60 8mg Suboxone's]) ? Maybe a way to reduce by 25% a little faster than normal so the amount I have is adequate? From everything I have read on here I know your method is proven and works well and I do trust that, and would LOVE to follow it, but I am worried about my ability to find more subs.... And even if I have to take some days off work, be semi-? feeling some days, or whatever it takes I am willing and ready! I just want to be free again!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-12-2010 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realization View Post
    So i guess what I am asking is, will I be able to do a taper with what I have? 60 2mg Suboxones and 5 2mb Subutex (this comes to 120mg total Suboxone and 10mg Subutex total, >> 480mg of Suboxone you stated [60 8mg Suboxone's]) ? Maybe a way to reduce by 25% a little faster than normal so the amount I have is adequate? From everything I have read on here I know your method is proven and works well and I do trust that, and would LOVE to follow it, but I am worried about my ability to find more subs.... And even if I have to take some days off work, be semi-? feeling some days, or whatever it takes I am willing and ready! I just want to be free again!

You have about 130mg of medication. and it normally takes close to 500mg. You tell me if you think you have enough. I am NOT saying go see the dealer again. But just because you want to be free of opiates doesn't mean that the subs you have will be adequate.

You should be getting meds from a dr. Drs have to be sub-certified to write scripts for subutex or suboxone. So you need to see a sub dr and get more meds. A regular dr wouldn't be able to give you the meds anyway. You don't have enough meds to do this right without suffering. Go to suboxone.com and you can type in your zip code and miles you're willing to drive to the dr and they'll give you a list of all sub-certified drs in that area. If you got one script of 8mg pills you would have enough and I could do this with you right here. You would never have to return to the dr for additional appointments. Hope that helps. God bless.

nohigh is offline New Member

Hi,
    That statement that "no one on here takes it that way" is false, Robert. I have severe chronic pain and have been prescribed a new thing there doing here in Alabama and it is a generic compound and prescribed for up to 4 times per day. The compound comes in the form of a troche, which is like a hard gel- ish like substance ( like a hard jelly bean) and each troche is to be cut into 4 parts; hence the dosage prescribed. Each trochee (and remember this is 4 doses, contains the following:
    30 mg Bupernorphine
    20 mg of an anti-inflammatory
    7.5 mg Naloxone
    My insurance covered it and it was only $28.00 for 30 troche's.
    I'm not trying to be disrespectful or give off any negativity what so ever. I just want people to know that some of us take this medication for sever pain caused by things, in my case, MS. But I want to also thank you, Robert, because you have helped so many of us, including myself with your advice and taper schedule, which I very we'll may need as I am new to this drug and have been trying it out for about 2 months. My next doctor visit will be crucial as to whether I will stay on this drug or not due to my diagnosis, as I am scared if brain surgery is needed, or any surgery for that matter, how will I be able to be anesthitized? And how will they control my pain?
    Anyway, that's my two cents. Again, thanks for all you do on this site and I also hope I've contributed some new information that may help people financially, whatever dosage you're on. Rickety isn't the only company that has figured out how to make this stuff. And we all don't have to go broke obtaining medications we need to live normal healthy lives!
    Peace and love,
    Nohigh
    tim1206 likes this.