Friend in trouble
    ddosher is offline Member

Default Friend in trouble

Ok friends and experts....I have a good friend (since 7th grade) who has been prescribed 60mg morphine 4x a day for at least 5 years. Now according to her if she was going to average what she was actually taking she said she would take it 2 times daily most of the time. OK so now she wants to get off of it and on to Suboxone. Her Dr. (which must be the numbscull of the year) prescribed 24mg a day...8mg every three hours. I told her to induct herself by taking 1/2 tablet at a time at hour intervals until she felt normal and could function. She is in the process of doing that and she is feeling really bad and starting to freak. She is thinking she is never goiing to feel better and wants to go back to the morphine. How should I advise her? I need help with this fast! Thanks people!!!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ddosher View Post
    Ok friends and experts....I have a good friend (since 7th grade) who has been prescribed 60mg morphine 4x a day for at least 5 years. Now according to her if she was going to average what she was actually taking she said she would take it 2 times daily most of the time. OK so now she wants to get off of it and on to Suboxone. Her Dr. (which must be the numbscull of the year) prescribed 24mg a day...8mg every three hours. I told her to induct herself by taking 1/2 tablet at a time at hour intervals until she felt normal and could function. She is in the process of doing that and she is feeling really bad and starting to freak. She is thinking she is never goiing to feel better and wants to go back to the morphine. How should I advise her? I need help with this fast! Thanks people!!!

Donna ..... your friend is obviously in precipitated w/d! She needs to stop taking anything and ride this out. You should have brought her to me and you know I would have inducted her myself and this wouldn't have happened. NO WAY she should have started at 4mg at a time, we do like 1mg or less to start an induction. She needs to get on here on this thread and let me help her. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.