Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree152Likes
Going from methadone to zubsolv or suboxone
    Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FNG2 View Post
    That is a huge relief to know I am not to a point where my body needs it yet. Oddly enough today I felt pretty good, in fact the best I have felt since the induction day. Shakes were minimal, I didnt feel so medicated either, that said I still plan to move forward with a taper. You really think I can drop 25% at once? Will that be 25% off of each dose, or a total of 25%?

edit..I have to go at least one more time to the Dr. I only have 6 pills left. Been a week supply each time I have went so far, maybe a months worth this time, who knows.

You reduce your TOTAL daily dose of Zubsolv by 25%, and yes you can do this because thousands have already done it and been successful.

Randy
    FNG2 likes this.

FNG2 is offline Member

I havent been on in a few days, wanted to give a update.

Went to the Dr today, told him (saw a different Dr, same place) everything seems OK now. I did mention the electrical "zaps" I been feeling, though they are not as often now. Also mentioned some anxiety and still waking up at 2am. He tells me that the mdone can take 6 weeks to get out of my system and some of this could be due to that. he then asks if I want a sleeping pill. I hadn't thought about a sleeping pill, so I said sure why not. I was told I must come back again next monday, when will it end! Every week for 3 weeks now. Anyway I pick the zubsolv up, and the sleeping pill. The sleep pill is called "Mirtazapine" I looked it up, says it is a anti depressant (SSRI?). Not sure how I feel about this, the mg are 15, so its not a heavy dose of it. He even said I can break them in half if I wake up groggy. Curious if anyone has delt with this medication before. I am worried about serotonin syndrome, and of course the taking of a pill to be sleep or be happy. Willing to bet that stopping this med will cause no sleep as it leaves the body, making the original issue even worse.

Randy35 is offline Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FNG2 View Post
    I havent been on in a few days, wanted to give a update.

Went to the Dr today, told him (saw a different Dr, same place) everything seems OK now. I did mention the electrical "zaps" I been feeling, though they are not as often now. Also mentioned some anxiety and still waking up at 2am. He tells me that the mdone can take 6 weeks to get out of my system and some of this could be due to that. he then asks if I want a sleeping pill. I hadn't thought about a sleeping pill, so I said sure why not. I was told I must come back again next monday, when will it end! Every week for 3 weeks now. Anyway I pick the zubsolv up, and the sleeping pill. The sleep pill is called "Mirtazapine" I looked it up, says it is a anti depressant (SSRI?). Not sure how I feel about this, the mg are 15, so its not a heavy dose of it. He even said I can break them in half if I wake up groggy. Curious if anyone has delt with this medication before. I am worried about serotonin syndrome, and of course the taking of a pill to be sleep or be happy. Willing to bet that stopping this med will cause no sleep as it leaves the body, making the original issue even worse.

Wondering how you were doing? Thanks for the update. Lots of times an antidepressant is given to help with sleep. One of the more common ones is Trazadone and many say it really helps. Here's a link from this DDC site with info on the Mirtazapine the doctor gave you....https://www.drugs.com/mirtazapine.html

I know how lack of sleep, or disrupted sleep can literally mess with your entire life. It's horrible not to be able to have a good nights sleep. Being the ACTIVE addict I was I would take anything for any purpose, and certainly taken any kind of sleep aid that was available or offered to me. But once clean those thoughts drastically changed. I would not take any kind of prescription sleep aid now matter how little sleep I get, other than some Sleepy Time Tea and/or Melatonin which I have taken only a few times. That's just me.

Even clean now almost 4 years clean I have nights I can't sleep no matter what. I toss and turn and sometimes get up in the middle of the night for an hour or more. It happens to everyone no matter if they're an addict or not.

I personally see nothing wrong with trying a low dose of Trazadone or Mirtazapine to help with sleep. But as you said, if you take this medication for any length of time you must slowly taper off when the times comes to stop taking it because it can produce wd's just as any antidepressant can. But if it were me I would try taking Sleepy Time Tea made real strong together with 3mg of Melatonin together for a few days and see if that helps first. Theres other OTC sleep aides available also, just ask your pharmacist for help.

Randy
    Lvg nghtmare and FNG2 like this.

FNG2 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Randy35 View Post
    Wondering how you were doing? Thanks for the update. Lots of times an antidepressant is given to help with sleep. One of the more common ones is Trazadone and many say it really helps. Here's a link from this DDC site with info on the Mirtazapine the doctor gave you....https://www.drugs.com/mirtazapine.html

I know how lack of sleep, or disrupted sleep can literally mess with your entire life. It's horrible not to be able to have a good nights sleep. Being the ACTIVE addict I was I would take anything for any purpose, and certainly taken any kind of sleep aid that was available or offered to me. But once clean those thoughts drastically changed. I would not take any kind of prescription sleep aid now matter how little sleep I get, other than some Sleepy Time Tea and/or Melatonin which I have taken only a few times. That's just me.

Even clean now almost 4 years clean I have nights I can't sleep no matter what. I toss and turn and sometimes get up in the middle of the night for an hour or more. It happens to everyone no matter if they're an addict or not.

I personally see nothing wrong with trying a low dose of Trazadone or Mirtazapine to help with sleep. But as you said, if you take this medication for any length of time you must slowly taper off when the times comes to stop taking it because it can produce wd's just as any antidepressant can. But if it were me I would try taking Sleepy Time Tea made real strong together with 3mg of Melatonin together for a few days and see if that helps first. Theres other OTC sleep aides available also, just ask your pharmacist for help.

Randy
    Thank you for the information. I have decided not to take the Mirtazapine, even though it may be helpful. I get a average of 6 hours sleep per night, but am still tired throughout the day. It has been this way for 3+ years now. I did a home sleep study last thursday as I think I may have apnea. Anyway, the reason I think the Mirtazapine would be helpful, since coming off the mdone I have not been in a very good mood, mentally. I have fallen deeper into anhedonia, besides the times where I feel like bursting into tears. In short I believe I am depressed, even more since stopping mdone. I made mention to the wife last night that I am not feeling good since stopping mdone. She has noticed, but like me was hoping it would pass. I've always been somewhat emotionless, am the blame has always been put onto mdone/opiates. Before when I was drinking, I was a happy person (years and years ago) but since mdone my happiness has left the building.

Anyway, after reading about Mirtazapine and its side effects, along with reviews of those who have taken it, I chose not to use it. I dont need extra weight, vivid nightmares, feeling even more lethargic, the list goes on. I also do not want to be treated for the zubsolv and depression by the same Dr. To me the answer will always be a pill, and to remain on zubsolv.

I have begun decreasing my zubsolv. On my digital scale the zubsolv weighs 36. I have been taking 18 on the scale at 4am, then 9 at 10am and another 18 at 2pm. Yesterday I went with 17, and now this morning I went to 16 on the scale. I know this is different than the 25% program, but once I hit the equivalent of the 25% I will stop and hold for the 4 days.

Does bup block the brain from producing dopamine and serotonin as the methadone does? It is my understanding that all my receptors are not being used until 16mg worth of bup, could this be why I seem to have slipped deeper into depression? I wont do the suicide thing, even if I really dont care to be alive, I dont want me kids to have to go through anything like that. If I fail at everything in life besides one thing, I want it to be them who succeeds. Sorry I am rambling, it helps to let some of this out.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345