Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 34
Having withdrawal from Subutex please help me someone
  1. #1
    SouthernSweety5 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default Having withdrawal from Subutex please help me someone

    Hi, I hope Robert reads and answers this. Or ANYONE for that matter. And I hope to have several answers. I seem to ask every doctor when I should stop my Subutex before having surgery and they all have a different but somewhat similar answer, but they have never taking Subutex and haven't lived through it personally so how would they truly know what people will feel or need or do?
    My question is how long EXACTLY do I need to stop taking my Subutex before being dosed with narcotics...to feel the full effect of the narcotic and without needing to be overdosed to compensate for Subutex. It's a simple question really, and people make it so complicated by this and that and these and those. But really its a cut and dry simple question. 2 days before...1 day before...when? Thank you
    Also recentlly I had stopped Subutex for 10days and was dosed with a small 4mg of morphine IM shot in the hip and it was so strong and worked so well that it made me sick...so go figure and keep that in mind. But I cannot stop my Subutex for a week again because I physically SUFFER. I am having surgery in 6 days and I cannot go 6 days without Subutex..even though I went 10...hench it ended with a shot of morphine to each the symtpoms ..tried everything to not have to go back on Subutex before surgery...but after the morphine..realized it best to go back on Subutex..And I cannot go a week without it I cannot stand the suffering..I convulse so bad that I almost have a seizure..someone PLEASE help me..someone who knows what the heck they are dealing with and talking about...DR'S get it BUT they dont get it either if you catch my drift. GOD BLESS

  2. #2
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    I will do my best to help you. What dose of subutex are you currently taking and for how long have you been on the subs?
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  3. #3
    SouthernSweety5 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I will do my best to help you. What dose of subutex are you currently taking and for how long have you been on the subs?
    Thanks. Very kind of you.
    I was taking 2mg a day of Subutex I was on more at the beginning give and take but al together have been on Subutex since this January. I stopped taking Subutex after jumping off from 2mg for 10 days then couldnt take it anymore and took 2mg and have been taking 2mg or less since this past saturday...so almost a week. My surgery is thursday...C-section. I cannot go without something up until then, I convulse too bad.. I dont know what I should do

  4. #4
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernSweety5 View Post
    Thanks. Very kind of you.
    I was taking 2mg a day of Subutex I was on more at the beginning give and take but al together have been on Subutex since this January. I stopped taking Subutex after jumping off from 2mg for 10 days then couldnt take it anymore and took 2mg and have been taking 2mg or less since this past saturday...so almost a week. My surgery is thursday...C-section. I cannot go without something up until then, I convulse too bad.. I dont know what I should do



    Honestly with it only being a week away I would speak with the OBGYN today and explain. I would ask for a minimal dose of hydrocodone to offset the sub w/d and then you will know when they begin to take effect. W/D are not good for the baby. You're going to need the biggest part of the week without the subs or they will have to over-compensate with extra meds which they can do. Hope that helps. It will also help you stop the subs when the surgery is over. I would not go back on them if you do this. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  5. #5
    SouthernSweety5 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Honestly with it only being a week away I would speak with the OBGYN today and explain. I would ask for a minimal dose of hydrocodone to offset the sub w/d and then you will know when they begin to take effect. W/D are not good for the baby. You're going to need the biggest part of the week without the subs or they will have to over-compensate with extra meds which they can do. Hope that helps. It will also help you stop the subs when the surgery is over. I would not go back on them if you do this. God bless.
    Thanks...I appreciate it. But I am still confused...hope you dont mind explaining a little further...Hydrocodone to offset the sub? I am still confused how Subs work. I have asked the ob over and over and they dont want me taking anything but my subutex because they dont want to "risk it" they said. It hurts they feel that way but oh well. I have a past prescription for Hydrocodone that I didnt take all I have about 3 pills left in the bottle. I was educated that any withdrawals that I would experience from stopping 2mg of Sub isnt enough to effect the baby that you have to be in severe withdrawal before there are concerns about the baby. My baby has done great even when I stopped them for 10 days...her stats were great they said, she was in no distress. But I understand thats not saying everything exactlly. So if you say that I am going to need the biggest part of the week to stop the sub...if my surgery is thursday when should I stop it. I thought I would just wake up tues and not take any and do it that way. When I ask my ob what I should do they told me not to take any the day of the surgery and that wasnt good enough for me. they just kept saying that can still treat me on Sub. They dont get it. I have told them I dont want both in my system for obvious reasons and dont want over compensated and to be that sedated but they dont have any other answers for me...I am so confused and just need to be comfortable through my pregnancy. My last dose of Sub was yesterday at like 3pm et. I had went a whole day again off of it and couldnt take the jerking anymore so I broke and took a less that 2mg dose and felt incredibly better up until a few hours ago...now I need sub. What do you suggest I do right now? Thanks Robert. God bless you

  6. #6
    SouthernSweety5 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Im also wondering If I should just take my sub till my surgery because there are other more important things to worry about than pain relief after surgery....could this be right?

  7. #7
    mrpinkerton80 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    I think your wanting of an exact answer to your issue is impossible. There are no hard and fast rules in medicine. That is why it is called the PRACTICE of medicine, it is NOT an exact science! Everyone is a little different. It sounds like you are getting similar advice from your doctors on what you should do. A doctor does not have to have taken a medicine to know how it works for goodness sake. Would you expect your oncologist to have taken chemo to know how it will work in your body? Of course not.

    It sounds like you have asked around and gotten second opinions, which is what you should do. Just trust that your doctors have your and your baby's best interest at heart. Also, a doctor should not and in fact, legally can not, give you vicodin for opiate withdrawal! Buprenorphine (suboxone) and methodone are the only opiates that are legally allowed under the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) for the use of maintenance and detoxification treatment of opioid addiction.

  8. #8
    SouthernSweety5 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpinkerton80 View Post
    I think your wanting of an exact answer to your issue is impossible. There are no hard and fast rules in medicine. That is why it is called the PRACTICE of medicine, it is NOT an exact science! Everyone is a little different. It sounds like you are getting similar advice from your doctors on what you should do. A doctor does not have to have taken a medicine to know how it works for goodness sake. Would you expect your oncologist to have taken chemo to know how it will work in your body? Of course not.

    It sounds like you have asked around and gotten second opinions, which is what you should do. Just trust that your doctors have your and your baby's best interest at heart. Also, a doctor should not and in fact, legally can not, give you vicodin for opiate withdrawal! Buprenorphine (suboxone) and methodone are the only opiates that are legally allowed under the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) for the use of maintenance and detoxification treatment of opioid addiction.
    Its not opiate withdrawal...im taking a placebo amount of subutex anyways..I have severe RLS not related to stopping subutex at all...the subutex eases the symtpoms...I am taking subutex for chronic pain...not addiction...but physical dependance... 2 diff things trust me. People do go on Subutex for other reasons believe it or not. And yes, people make it so difficult like its juggling knives or something, when in fact I know its a simple solution..I just need help finding that solution..But thank you for your input.
    Still taking replies on this ..anyone.

  9. #9
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpinkerton80 View Post
    I think your wanting of an exact answer to your issue is impossible. There are no hard and fast rules in medicine. That is why it is called the PRACTICE of medicine, it is NOT an exact science! Everyone is a little different. It sounds like you are getting similar advice from your doctors on what you should do. A doctor does not have to have taken a medicine to know how it works for goodness sake. Would you expect your oncologist to have taken chemo to know how it will work in your body? Of course not.

    It sounds like you have asked around and gotten second opinions, which is what you should do. Just trust that your doctors have your and your baby's best interest at heart. Also, a doctor should not and in fact, legally can not, give you vicodin for opiate withdrawal! Buprenorphine (suboxone) and methodone are the only opiates that are legally allowed under the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) for the use of maintenance and detoxification treatment of opioid addiction.



    I was not encouraging anyone to take hydrocodone for opiate w/d. I know better than that, been around the block here a few times. But 2mg of subutex alone is not going to provide much pain relief for a C-Section. That is why I've been taking some time trying to think of what to suggest to the original poster.

    And for what it's worth most drs have no freakin idea how buprenorphine really works in people's bodies or thousands of people wouldn't have come through this forum since I've been here due to ignorant instructions made by their drs prescription orders. I can't even get to all the people who post just to me specifically begging for help to get off subs after drs have prescribed crazy doses for WAY too long.

    Drs are not "all knowing" and I certainly would not just hand over my life to anyone whether they are a dr or not. Southern Sweety ..... I am still thinking about this. Bear with me please. God bless.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-08-2011 at 06:00 PM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  10. #10
    SouthernSweety5 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I was not encouraging anyone to take hydrocodone for opiate w/d. I know better than that, been around the block here a few times. But 2mg of subutex alone is not going to provide much pain relief for a C-Section. That is why I've been taking some time trying to think of what to suggest to the original poster.

    And for what it's worth most drs have no freakin idea how buprenorphine really works in people's bodies or thousands of people wouldn't have come through this forum since I've been here due to ignorant instructions made by their drs prescription orders. I can't even get to all the people who post just to me specifically begging for help to get off subs after drs have prescribed crazy doses for WAY too long.

    Drs are not "all knowing" and I certainly would not just hand over my life to anyone whether they are a dr or not. Southern Sweety ..... I am still thinking about this. Bear with me please. God bless.
    Thanks Robert I am bearing with you, thanks for understanding. You hit it right on. I am not trying to put down the other person who posted..but I do know that I shouldnt trust my doctor when it comes to subutex use just because they are a dr...they haven't had experience with taking the Sub personally and Sub is something you have to experience first hand before you know what the patient will feel. They read many things and learn stuff while they are in medical school but there are still real people out there and that is a whole different story. Hope to hear from you real soon Robert. I am just going to stop it now, took it this morning going to stop it and try to flush my system with fluids ..this works for pain pills dont understand why it wouldnt work for Subutex. But if you can suggest something to me please please do..Its because I listened to a dr. that I ended back up in this mess after successfully making it to 10 days clean from subutex then breaking and taking it again because my dr said too..knowing I was having surgery..I mean seriously. I will keep checking back several times a day to see if you've had any thoughts...thanks and God bless

  11. #11
    Denny_D is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Hello SouthernSweety.....I have only recently joined this forum but have been reading here for over a year. I do have vast experience with pain and addiction. I will tell my story at a later time as I wanted to give you my opinion on your original question "how long EXACTLY do I need to stop taking my Subutex before being dosed with narcotics"?

    This is only what happened in my case and was suggested by my Surgeon and worked perfectly and made sense to me.

    Sub is a very powerful drug as you know and has a half life of apprx. 36-72 hours. As a result of this I was instructed to stop taking my Sub 3 (three) days before the surgery. As my surgery was going to be 3 days away the Doctor told me that the long half life of Sub would last untill I was in for the operation. I then would most likely just be starting to withdraw as the Sub would be leaving my system.

    Then after surgery the narcotics would work as expected. This plan was the absolute perfect way to go for me! I had narcotic pain medication for about a week (knee surgery) and then went back on my dose of 1mg Sub and continued my taper plan according to Robert 325.

    Remember this is only my experience and might not be suitable for everyone. Hope this helps you in some small way and the best of luck to you! God Bless...
    Denny

  12. #12
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernSweety5 View Post
    Thanks Robert I am bearing with you, thanks for understanding. You hit it right on. I am not trying to put down the other person who posted..but I do know that I shouldnt trust my doctor when it comes to subutex use just because they are a dr...they haven't had experience with taking the Sub personally and Sub is something you have to experience first hand before you know what the patient will feel. They read many things and learn stuff while they are in medical school but there are still real people out there and that is a whole different story. Hope to hear from you real soon Robert. I am just going to stop it now, took it this morning going to stop it and try to flush my system with fluids ..this works for pain pills dont understand why it wouldnt work for Subutex. But if you can suggest something to me please please do..Its because I listened to a dr. that I ended back up in this mess after successfully making it to 10 days clean from subutex then breaking and taking it again because my dr said too..knowing I was having surgery..I mean seriously. I will keep checking back several times a day to see if you've had any thoughts...thanks and God bless




    Actually Denny's suggestion above is very close to what I was thinking.

    Denny ..... I love seeing people who can follow the forum on their own and do so well. My congratulations to you my friend.

    Southern Sweety ..... I might give it one extra day though if you can handle four days. Subs are like no other medication except methadone the way that it will hang in your system when you want to stop taking it. Sometimes your metabolism, fluid intake, activity level, etc can affect how quickly the drug leaves your system. Things are working pretty slowly for you I would imagine at this point. I think the 72 hours would probably be a minimum half life with someone facing delivering a baby next week based on my experience with ladies tapering off subs that were pregnant.

    I just finished helping two different girls who were pregnant taper off their final doses of subs prior to delivery, much more earlier than where you are in their pregnancies, but they seemed to need a little longer between reductions in the taper than most people with hormones going crazy and one thing or another. That half life really seemed to linger longer with them. That one extra day would make the meds more effective in surgery at a lesser dose and then I could re-induct you on the subs if you wanted me to when you get past the surgery and pain meds they will be giving you.

    I have thought a lot about this today. I take every precaution giving ANY advice to someone so close to delivering a baby. I would never want to do anything to risk the welfare of your baby and I think you would both do fine going with four days. You will likely be starting to get uncomfortable by the delivery time but you will be receiving meds from the surgeon that will take you out of detox. That is my best advice. Hope that helps. Keep me posted how you're doing over the next week. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  13. #13
    SouthernSweety5 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Actually Denny's suggestion above is very close to what I was thinking.

    Denny ..... I love seeing people who can follow the forum on their own and do so well. My congratulations to you my friend.

    Southern Sweety ..... I might give it one extra day though if you can handle four days. Subs are like no other medication except methadone the way that it will hang in your system when you want to stop taking it. Sometimes your metabolism, fluid intake, activity level, etc can affect how quickly the drug leaves your system. Things are working pretty slowly for you I would imagine at this point. I think the 72 hours would probably be a minimum half life with someone facing delivering a baby next week based on my experience with ladies tapering off subs that were pregnant.

    I just finished helping two different girls who were pregnant taper off their final doses of subs prior to delivery, much more earlier than where you are in their pregnancies, but they seemed to need a little longer between reductions in the taper than most people with hormones going crazy and one thing or another. That half life really seemed to linger longer with them. That one extra day would make the meds more effective in surgery at a lesser dose and then I could re-induct you on the subs if you wanted me to when you get past the surgery and pain meds they will be giving you.

    I have thought a lot about this today. I take every precaution giving ANY advice to someone so close to delivering a baby. I would never want to do anything to risk the welfare of your baby and I think you would both do fine going with four days. You will likely be starting to get uncomfortable by the delivery time but you will be receiving meds from the surgeon that will take you out of detox. That is my best advice. Hope that helps. Keep me posted how you're doing over the next week. God bless.
    Thank you that has gave me some ease to my mind. I took my last dose of Sub yesterday morning and it was 1mg. And I figured by the time I will be going under for surgery will have been a little over 5 days... I remember last week or so when I went off them for that 10 days that I started to really feel like I couldnt do it anymore after day 5 then on day 6 I was freaking out I assumed because it has taken that long to start to leave my system. Yes, I would like some input from you after I stop the narcotic therapy after surgery. I am just so scared, I want to be focused on my baby and not on why I am not feeling pain relief...ya know. Thank you so much for taking the time Robert...If you have anything else to share or can help educate me anymore on Sub ..I would more than love to hear it... as I dont know what half life means. Thank you and God bless.

  14. #14
    SouthernSweety5 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denny_D View Post
    Hello SouthernSweety.....I have only recently joined this forum but have been reading here for over a year. I do have vast experience with pain and addiction. I will tell my story at a later time as I wanted to give you my opinion on your original question "how long EXACTLY do I need to stop taking my Subutex before being dosed with narcotics"?

    This is only what happened in my case and was suggested by my Surgeon and worked perfectly and made sense to me.

    Sub is a very powerful drug as you know and has a half life of apprx. 36-72 hours. As a result of this I was instructed to stop taking my Sub 3 (three) days before the surgery. As my surgery was going to be 3 days away the Doctor told me that the long half life of Sub would last untill I was in for the operation. I then would most likely just be starting to withdraw as the Sub would be leaving my system.

    Then after surgery the narcotics would work as expected. This plan was the absolute perfect way to go for me! I had narcotic pain medication for about a week (knee surgery) and then went back on my dose of 1mg Sub and continued my taper plan according to Robert 325.

    Remember this is only my experience and might not be suitable for everyone. Hope this helps you in some small way and the best of luck to you! God Bless...
    Denny
    I appreciate this ..thank you Denny. Yes it does help me some...surgery is surgery rather it be knee surgery or having a baby via c-section. So I do appreciate your post. I still don't understand what half life means...and how you can stop taking subs one day but it take several days to decline out of your system..Would love to hear more about this. And I was taking such a low dose 1-2mg I dont understand how taking such a small dose is equal to someone taking 4mg or 16-32mg and stopping for surgery. I know that after 4 days or so of stopping sub that I still feel intoxicated and like its in my system full force this scares me...But when I went those 10 days I stilll thought it would be and I had a shot of narcotic medicine and it worked stronger as if I had never taking anything in my life...so confusing...which I could get back at this point before my surgery lol...but the thing is that was after 10days and I dont know at what time in that 10days or before that 10th day that I would have felt this...I just figured it took UP to that 10 days...could I be wrong? Robert..do you have any input on this...
    God bless..
    thank you both.

  15. #15
    SouthernSweety5 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    By they way you said fluid intake, metabolism, and activity level have to do with how quickly it leaves my system.....what should I do with these 3 things to help it leave my system...I can drink more water and be more active if I need to.

  16. #16
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernSweety5 View Post
    By they way you said fluid intake, metabolism, and activity level have to do with how quickly it leaves my system.....what should I do with these 3 things to help it leave my system...I can drink more water and be more active if I need to.



    Fluid intake with high electrolyte concentration like Pedialyte is great to keep you well hydrated and exercise will help to increase your natural endorphine production which helps with your overall feeling of well being. Opiate shut down our natural endorphine production and they are only produced on a limited basis while on subs. They will both help with making this as painless as possible for you prior to surgery.

    Half life ..... let's say the half life is 72 hours for you just for convenience sake. In 72 hours half the sub in your system would have dissipated. In another 72 hours half of the remaining sub would have dissipated. In another 72 hours half the remaining sub would have dissipated and so on. After using them a while all the doses compound on top of each other to where it's nearly impossible to tell you exactly how long it will take for all the sub in your system to dissipate. It would be 72 hours multiplied several times over so it could be weeks or a month or longer depending on the variables involved. Too technical to worry about. We will get you through your surgery and when you're ready I'll help you get on a very low dose of sub and we will have you totally clean in a short time if that is what you want me to help you do. Hope that helps you understand better. JUST RELAX!!!! Everything will be fine! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  17. #17
    SouthernSweety5 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Fluid intake with high electrolyte concentration like Pedialyte is great to keep you well hydrated and exercise will help to increase your natural endorphine production which helps with your overall feeling of well being. Opiate shut down our natural endorphine production and they are only produced on a limited basis while on subs. They will both help with making this as painless as possible for you prior to surgery.

    Half life ..... let's say the half life is 72 hours for you just for convenience sake. In 72 hours half the sub in your system would have dissipated. In another 72 hours half of the remaining sub would have dissipated. In another 72 hours half the remaining sub would have dissipated and so on. After using them a while all the doses compound on top of each other to where it's nearly impossible to tell you exactly how long it will take for all the sub in your system to dissipate. It would be 72 hours multiplied several times over so it could be weeks or a month or longer depending on the variables involved. Too technical to worry about. We will get you through your surgery and when you're ready I'll help you get on a very low dose of sub and we will have you totally clean in a short time if that is what you want me to help you do. Hope that helps you understand better. JUST RELAX!!!! Everything will be fine! God bless.
    I Was taking it everyday twice a day for months then stopped it cold turkey and after 10days felt the full effect. So...in your opinion..... with me starting it back up and being on it 6 days this time and stopping it as oppose to 6 months and stopping wouldnt you think that it would take less than 10days or around 10days only since thats how it was recentlly before? and in those 6 motnhs I was at a level dose 2mg a day at the end...and in those 6 days some days I took 2mg and somedays I took 1mg only....your opinion? Im just saying this has to make a difference right...and change everything or not?....plus Its a drugs like anything else..seems to me you can flush it out of your system and that just be it...its not holding me hostage LOL..
    Thanks
    God bless

  18. #18
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    Following surgery after you've been on pain meds for a while I would literally re-induct you on the subs. I know how to do it at very low doses. I would have you take .25mg initially, wait an hour and a half, then take another .25mg if you need it. Then we would drop back to .125mg increments until you stabilize. I bet that I can induct you at around 1mg max or less. Then we would reduce your dose 25% every four days or so until you get down to .25mg or less. Then you can jump off or follow a day skipping process to allow for the half life. Let's worry about that later and just get you through the surgery for now. Trust me I know how to do all this when the time gets here and I'm not going any place. And by the way, congratualtions on your new baby and you both will be in my prayers. May I ask if you will be having a little boy or little girl or do you know? God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  19. #19
    SouthernSweety5 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Following surgery after you've been on pain meds for a while I would literally re-induct you on the subs. I know how to do it at very low doses. I would have you take .25mg initially, wait an hour and a half, then take another .25mg if you need it. Then we would drop back to .125mg increments until you stabilize. I bet that I can induct you at around 1mg max or less. Then we would reduce your dose 25% every four days or so until you get down to .25mg or less. Then you can jump off or follow a day skipping process to allow for the half life. Let's worry about that later and just get you through the surgery for now. Trust me I know how to do all this when the time gets here and I'm not going any place. And by the way, congratualtions on your new baby and you both will be in my prayers. May I ask if you will be having a little boy or little girl or do you know? God bless.
    Thanks for your congrats. A girl. Do you have any thoughts on my last post...you didnt say anything...
    On your other question..I might try that and let you help me with that, thanks. God bless you too.

  20. #20
    scaredmommy is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default Same boat, not sure what to do

    Hi, I just wanted you to know you are not alone...i myself am going through the same thing! I am today 37 weeks, with a c-section in 2 weeks ( and thats hoping he stays put for that long)...I have been on sub the whole preg and this last month did a fast taper down to .5 at which point i jumped 7 days ago...at my dr's advice. I am since learning that that is still a semi high dose esp when preg, at day 5 i broke down and took .25 since i had not slept at all the days prior, then the next night i did the same just desperate for sleep, i think it was actually less than.25 and it didnt work that well. Anyways here i am 2 days later, feeling lethargic, restless and horrible insomnia. I too am so scared and just want to feel normal. Not sure how much i set myself back taking the two doses??? I think that is my biggest question? Should i try to get more? Just dont know what to do. I want to be excited for this baby to come, but i have so much fear and anxiety it is just taking over..cant believe i ever got myself into this mess. I didnt mean to intrude on your post, i really am not sure where to post and yours really hit home so i have been trying to follow the advice given to you. Wishing you the best!!!

  21. #21
    SouthernSweety5 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scaredmommy View Post
    Hi, I just wanted you to know you are not alone...i myself am going through the same thing! I am today 37 weeks, with a c-section in 2 weeks ( and thats hoping he stays put for that long)...I have been on sub the whole preg and this last month did a fast taper down to .5 at which point i jumped 7 days ago...at my dr's advice. I am since learning that that is still a semi high dose esp when preg, at day 5 i broke down and took .25 since i had not slept at all the days prior, then the next night i did the same just desperate for sleep, i think it was actually less than.25 and it didnt work that well. Anyways here i am 2 days later, feeling lethargic, restless and horrible insomnia. I too am so scared and just want to feel normal. Not sure how much i set myself back taking the two doses??? I think that is my biggest question? Should i try to get more? Just dont know what to do. I want to be excited for this baby to come, but i have so much fear and anxiety it is just taking over..cant believe i ever got myself into this mess. I didnt mean to intrude on your post, i really am not sure where to post and yours really hit home so i have been trying to follow the advice given to you. Wishing you the best!!!
    I may not be back on until afterwards of my birth. But I am taking the time today to answer you specifically scared momma. I want to give you a pat on the back for stopping your Sub...and for being able to function off of .5mg and.25mg... not too many people can do that without freaking out mentally and physically. I myself couldnt in the past. I think it will help you feel better about getting your body back to a comfortable and healing from addiction once you deliver...I know that you are scared, I am too.. But its really fear of the unknown..not fear of knowing for sure ( which we think we know what will happen and get set on that) but truth is...When I went off Sub for 10days I was so expecting the morphine shot to do nothing to me...then I got hit with a suprise and it did more to me than it ever had and it about made me sick from how strong it was. So I think things are going to be fine for you and me both....me and you both were on such a small dose and that makes a difference..we are lucky...ALOT ALOT ALOT of mothers taking sub are on 8mg a day or more maybe even 24mg or more and stay on it until delivery and I have heard still deal with it. I know your mind is so confused, worried, and not enjoying this time like you should because you are too concerned about your sub blocking your relief when that time comes...but I dont think it will block it as bad as you think it will...you may be suprised. I would say its not going to be as good as you are hoping it will be and its not going to be as bad as your thinking it will be. I dont knw what to tell you about taking any more of it....but If I could give you my best advice on this part of your question then I would tell you DO NOT TAKE ANY MORE SUB BEFORE YOUR DELIVERY.. If I could have had someone tell me not to break and take a dose or a weeks worth dose...I would appreciate it , knowing they were helping me not hurting me. Things will be fine I think...just try and get down your anxiety level and if you believe in God or a higher power...PRAYER is the only and best answer to this hard hard time for you. I know its rough...I know the restlessness is rough...and I know the anxiety is HIGH because of this...but think of it like this...Restlessness like this is common in late pregnancy and moms dont sleep or relax during this time..and not every mom has SUB or other meds to take to ease this..they just DEAL...and this is what I tell myself to help me get through it and I beat myself up that I didnt tell myself this before I broke and took sub again the other day. I too stay terrified...buts whats more important is how baby does at delivery and if baby does okay...and trust me...when you see your LO ...sub will be the furthest from your mind..and as far as you being comfortable during this time..even if WORST CASE SCENARIO ( just IF) you are in pain an cant rest or calm down...if the narcotics fail you..sub wont..so you WILL have relief to help you through delivery and what comes after that. So please stay calm, and know that I am here for you..thank you for posting. I hope to read your response soon I will have a computer with me through this. When it gets really bad for me also I have tried breathing in through my nose and out my mouth and thinking that I am relaxing my whole body.legs.arms etc through the breaths until Ive done so many that I am almost relaxed and can rest. Take hot showers to relax you too..and ask DR. for ambien. Also here is a song that I heard yesterday that changed EVERYTHING for me and made me realize that this who SUBUTEX ANXIETY thing is OK and I felt better after hearing it and realized it would be ok. ...I'll post it below for you and I hope it helps you too. I believe God leads people in eachothers paths for a reason..and I am glad you crossed mine..because you too are not alone hun. God bless you.

  22. #22
    SouthernSweety5 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    20

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by scaredmommy View Post
    Hi, I just wanted you to know you are not alone...i myself am going through the same thing! I am today 37 weeks, with a c-section in 2 weeks ( and thats hoping he stays put for that long)...I have been on sub the whole preg and this last month did a fast taper down to .5 at which point i jumped 7 days ago...at my dr's advice. I am since learning that that is still a semi high dose esp when preg, at day 5 i broke down and took .25 since i had not slept at all the days prior, then the next night i did the same just desperate for sleep, i think it was actually less than.25 and it didnt work that well. Anyways here i am 2 days later, feeling lethargic, restless and horrible insomnia. I too am so scared and just want to feel normal. Not sure how much i set myself back taking the two doses??? I think that is my biggest question? Should i try to get more? Just dont know what to do. I want to be excited for this baby to come, but i have so much fear and anxiety it is just taking over..cant believe i ever got myself into this mess. I didnt mean to intrude on your post, i really am not sure where to post and yours really hit home so i have been trying to follow the advice given to you. Wishing you the best!!!
    REMEMBER: This situation with subutex you having can be any way you want it to be...its only what you make of it. You should Youtube this so you can actually hear it..if youve already heard it then I would listen to it again and this time think of your situation and dwell on every word! God bless you!

    Little Big Town (Artist) "Only what you make of it" (Song)
    Lyrics...

    "Only What You Make Of It"
    You’re like everybody else
    Gotta deal with what you’re dealt
    You’ll choose the story that you tell
    Blame the world or blame yourself
    Sometimes life comes at you hard
    And it’s easy to let it drag you down
    Yeah, I get it, it’s a mess
    It’s a struggle, it’s a test
    But can you find a place to rest
    In a house of bitterness?
    Just ‘cause it ain’t what you planned
    Don’t mean it ain’t what it oughta be
    ‘Cause it’s only what you make of it
    Yeah, it’s only what you make of it
    Yeah, it’s only what you make of it
    And you make it so hard on yourself
    What you do and what you won’t
    What you will and what you don’t
    What you take and you give up
    What you’re risking when you love
    Bet you where you’re looking from
    if you walk or if you run
    You take the long way there
    ‘Cause it’s only what you make of it
    Yeah, it’s only what you make of it
    Yeah, it’s only what you make of it
    And you make it so hard on yourself
    You go looking for the darker side of anything
    You know you’re gonna find it •
    You can hold on to it till it takes you under
    Or you can let it go
    No it ain’t all your fault
    No it isn’t right
    It ain’t always fair
    But it’s only what you make of it
    Yeah, it’s only what you make of it
    Yeah, it’s only what you make of it
    And you make it so hard on yourself
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-13-2011 at 10:32 AM.

  23. #23
    scaredmommy is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default Thank you

    Thank you so much for your reply and encouragmet. It really means more than you know to know im not alone. I wouldnt say i am "functioning".. i saw my sub dr on tues and she was stunned that i was having severe insomnia along with the other things after stopping. I immed lost all faith in her as this is like the #1 thing!!! Anyways, i am wishing you the best on the birth of your baby. I myself am having a very hard time getting excited, which i feel horrible about, but i just have no energy and a 1 year old ( who was 3 mos premature, a twin, we lost his sister after 19 days..i was on nothing then by the way) and a 3year old....its just so much. This birth brings back so much pain, well not that it ever goes away, but i am now just so aware that baqbies are not always ok, and i am scared to death. My whole addiction started after my daughter died...So i am trying very hard to fight this...i just want my healthy baby. Are you experiencing severe depression and lack of motivation? It is been hard for me. I am 37/4 today, and i think i am just worried if i will ever feel "normal" again. My sub dr said well now your off so i wont have to see you again, and i was kinda planning on going back on after baby just to stabelize my emotions until i felt more ready, so i am nervous about it. I dont want to have this crutch anymore, but truth is i finallly felt human when i was on it. Ok so dont mean to ramble....just wanted to let you know i have been thinking of you and your precious baby wishing you all the best and to thank you so so very much!!!! Look forward to hearing from you..i know you will have your hands full but if you can just check in and let me know how you are....best wishes and God bless!

  24. #24
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    please dont go back on subs after a period of being off them. that would be a step in the wrong direction.. give it a bit more time,and if you are really still struggling with depression, maybe an antidepressant would be better rather than an opiate...

    that would lead you back to addiction again. and thats not a good thing...

    all the best. you want the right thing for your babies and you have been putting in the work to get there... keep it up....

    cheeky

    oh i see you have taken .25 on two occasions. that is kinda like a skip.. dont worry... it may just have settled you enough to carry on.... hang in there. it does get better mate. i used drugs for over 20 years, and used subs to get off. i owe my life to those little bits of powder.... dont get any more. you can do this.....
    Last edited by Anonymous; 07-18-2011 at 06:09 PM.

  25. #25
    scaredmommy is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Thank you Cheeky for your advice...may i ask when it will get better?? This whole not sleeping thing is really taking its toll on me. I cannot imagine having a newborn and feeling this way. I am now 5 days away from c section and just scared to death. I want me back, but i have read the sleeping and depression thing could last for a month or more and I have 3 kids to care for, closing on a new home and just life...i so want to get through this i just am having a very very hard time. Thank you so much for your support!

  26. #26
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scaredmommy View Post
    Thank you Cheeky for your advice...may i ask when it will get better?? This whole not sleeping thing is really taking its toll on me. I cannot imagine having a newborn and feeling this way. I am now 5 days away from c section and just scared to death. I want me back, but i have read the sleeping and depression thing could last for a month or more and I have 3 kids to care for, closing on a new home and just life...i so want to get through this i just am having a very very hard time. Thank you so much for your support!


    For what it's worth I agree it would be a mistake to go back on the subs five days prior to your C-section. You will be given medication for your surgery that will obviously settle you down for that. If after the baby is born you need some help then talk with your dr about an antidepressant short term or see what the OBGYN suggests. You're too close to the surgery to start taking subs now. Hope that helps. You can do this, just try to settle down. Remember your hormones are all over the place right now and that is adding to your anxiety. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  27. #27
    scaredmommy is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Thank you Robert for your reply. I was not trying to give the impression that i was going to take sub again before surgery, but wondering about going back on it after. My dr obviously doesnt get it. She had me jump at .5 and was stunned that i was feeling bad and having horrible insomnia. My surgery is tomorrow night, I have not had any sub in 2 weeks, BUT..have been on hydro prescribed by my dr ( ob for baby) to help with my chronic pain and horrible withdrawal. I am just not sure what to do. I am scared to death because i still feel lousy and not sure how much i set myself back by taking the pain med?? It is so scary when yolur pregnant..you withdrawal so does baby..I only have 3 2mg pills of subutex left and not sure if i should take them once i stop pain meds a few days post op? I just want to feel good and normal for my new little one and just cant seem to get there. I was never on anything with my other 2 and have incredible guilt over getting myself into this mess. Please help me figure out what to do...thank you so much for all of you and your support and help!!!!

  28. #28
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scaredmommy View Post
    Thank you Robert for your reply. I was not trying to give the impression that i was going to take sub again before surgery, but wondering about going back on it after. My dr obviously doesnt get it. She had me jump at .5 and was stunned that i was feeling bad and having horrible insomnia. My surgery is tomorrow night, I have not had any sub in 2 weeks, BUT..have been on hydro prescribed by my dr ( ob for baby) to help with my chronic pain and horrible withdrawal. I am just not sure what to do. I am scared to death because i still feel lousy and not sure how much i set myself back by taking the pain med?? It is so scary when yolur pregnant..you withdrawal so does baby..I only have 3 2mg pills of subutex left and not sure if i should take them once i stop pain meds a few days post op? I just want to feel good and normal for my new little one and just cant seem to get there. I was never on anything with my other 2 and have incredible guilt over getting myself into this mess. Please help me figure out what to do...thank you so much for all of you and your support and help!!!!



    How much hydrocodone daily are you being prescribed right now and for how long? I know you said you've been off the subutex for two weeks but have you been on hydrocodone that entire time? What dose daily?
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  29. #29
    scaredmommy is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I have been taking 4 a day since my 3rd day off subs..almost 2 weeks or about that. I still feel lousy and depressed. I know my hormones are crazy but I'm just lost. There is so much emotional right now.I ave to deliver tomorrow where my twins were born at 27 weeks and we lost our daughter after 19 days...it was just after that when my addiction began. I really truely appreciate your help and support. My Dr is clueless and I don't know what to do. Thank you so very much!!!

  30. #30
    scaredmommy is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Also, reading your threads I realize now that I was inducted way to high on the subs..16mg...it was only thelast couple months. I have been reducing. 2 mg or so every 3 days which all The way has not seemed slow enough..I went from 10 mg a day to. 5 in a pretty short time. You seem to be the guru. About all of this and I really appreciate your time and thought you put into everyone as a individual ...think you are amazing and feel truly blessed you have offered your help to me!!! Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22