Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Violence
HELP---Adderall Is Not Working Today
    Robbie172006 is offline New Member

Question HELP---Adderall Is Not Working Today

My doctor just prescribed me 20mg adderall i got it because i have ADHD and i have trouble paying attention in my classes and at doing homework. I have taken 3 in the past 3 days and 1 for classes and 2 for homework the first 2 worked great i was focused and i felt good. but today its not working i took it at 345pm it is now 700pm
    i think the only thing i did different today was i took it at 345 and not at 12. i also ate a big meal a 32 oz "hulk" from smoothie king and a spicy chicken sandwich.
    right now i feel sleepy i was just taking a online quiz and i was falling asleep in my chair.
    can anyone think of what i did wrong?

So i guess my question is did i do something wrong to negate the effects of the drug. Or is this normal to feel like that the first 2 days and third day none at all? should i take a day off and do it again?

Violence is offline Junior Member

When your doctor prescribed you the adderall was this the 1st time you had ever taken it before ?

There is a relatively quick build up of tolerance with this drug, although over a period of just 2 days is from what I know a very short amount of time to gain such a tolerance to the point where you don't feel the drug's effects anymore.

When I have taken the drug over the course of a few days consecutively, the effects do wear down a bit but I still feel the drug working.

Quote Originally Posted by Violence View Post
    When your doctor prescribed you the adderall was this the 1st time you had ever taken it before ?

There is a relatively quick build up of tolerance with this drug, although over a period of just 2 days is from what I know a very short amount of time to gain such a tolerance to the point where you don't feel the drug's effects anymore.

When I have taken the drug over the course of a few days consecutively, the effects do wear down a bit but I still feel the drug working.
    No I have taken it before but that was in junior high. I really think that i either ate too much right after taking it or i ate to soon. Because i didn't eat like that the other days. The first day i ate like 30 min to a hr and the first day i ate before. Does this sound like a reasonable theory to you?

Also you mentioned building up a tolerance i read somewhere that Adderall when taken as prescribed it doesn't lose its effects in most people. So i hope thats the case. But if it was false and that you are right would doing a 4 on 3 off schedule keep its effects stronger longer? I also don't plan on taking it during summer so that will be about 3 months off a year.

Lastly I felt the urge to take it again but i didn't. I guess that is normal right? Because i wanted the buzz again subconsciously?

Violence is offline Junior Member

The timing with respect to your adderall dose in lieu of breakfast, or any meal for that matter does have an affect on the absorption of amphetamine. On average when you eat a meal you are likely consuming acidic food chemicals which reduce the concentration of the drug in your body, and additionally it has been noted that eating a high-fat meal can reduce the effects of amphetamine up to 55 % due to reduced amounts in your blood levels, which is very significant of course.

Many people note, and I can attest to this myself, that the medication is much more pronounced if you take it about 30-45 minutes before eating your meal, or up to 2 hours after eating a meal.

That being said, it's on your prerogative to determine a logical dosing schedule with respect to your meal times.

And it is very normal for you to have some desire, however intense it may be (depends on dosage, frequency, etc.), to want to take more of the drug as it subsides in your system after a few hours. The medication is very addictive, so it is wise to stick to a lower dose such as the one you are one, which is 20 mg.

Cheers
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-23-2016 at 02:42 PM.
    Robbie172006 likes this.

Talking

Well that explains it then. 73.6 grams of fat and 26 grams of saturated fat. I would have never thought of that because i only knew about the acidic part i did not know that about the fat. Thanks for the reply!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 10-30-2011 at 01:24 PM.