Help with overdose on Lexapro please!
    izzie222 is offline New Member

Exclamation Help with overdose on Lexapro please!

I just took 8 extra 20 mg lexapro on top of my one this morning. Will I need a doctor? Do I need to go to the hospital? I also took 20 mg of adderall about two hours ago which was right before I took the extra lexapro. Will I be okay? I feel tingly and numb and kind of out of it as well as I have a shooting pain in the back of my neck on my left side. I don't want to kill myself, I don't know why I did it. Just the adderall I guess pushed me a little too far.

izzie222 is offline New Member

I don't normally take adderall. I'm not prescribed it. But I am prescribed lexapro

blazingthetime is offline Junior Member

Yeah that can cause seratonin syndrome its as deadly and similar to benzo withdrawal if you reach a "severe" level of seratonin syndrome. You might want to see a doctor. Taking 8 extra shouldn't put you at "severe seratonin syndrome". Level but its definitely going to be uncomfortable. Dont ever take excess anti-depressants.... Not sure if you did it thinking you'd feel 8x less depressed but the only thing it will do is cause agony and can send you into shock which can lead to coma or death. Let me know if you're on or have more questions
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-08-2016 at 12:56 AM.