Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BeavisMom62
  • 1 Post By delaney81
How long did buspar take to work for you?
    AmySue902 is offline New Member

Default How long did buspar take to work for you?

I understand that Buspar does not work for everyone, but if it has worked for you I would like to know how long it took and if the anxiety just disappeared suddenly or if it slowly numbed.

Anonymous Guest

I'm trying to find the same answers! Any help would be great!

gq
    gq is offline New Member

Default Sad Truth...

I've tried almost everything out there when it comes to anxietyrelief.

The only thing I can say about Buspar is that it doesn't work. I took it years ago, so unless they changed the chemical formulafor it, it's a dud. Took it for months and had no results. Can't believe doctors are still prescribing it.

Just my experience. I hope you find your answers.

BeavisMom62 is offline Member

Wow, I guess I've been lucky. I was started on Buspar 1in 1994 when I was going through a separation/divorce from my abusive ex who was cheating on me and not paying child support (stress and anxiety much?!). I was also having anxiety attacks. I started taking 10 mg three times a day. The first few doses made me sorta dizzy. I was told it would take a few weeks to work, but I think it helped me in a week or two. I continued taking it three times a day for a few months, then when things calmed down and the pills were working, I lowered the dose on my own. Now I take them only as needed, which doctors tell me shouldn't work, but it really seems to work for me. I don't know if it s a placebo affect or what, but I love them. Sometimes when I was very anxious (a court date or something) I would take some Valerian with it, which seemed to help and didn't make me sleepy because I was so anxious to begin with. I'm sorry to hear that Buspar doesn't help you guys. It was a godsend for me.
    Feracecol likes this.

delaney81 is offline New Member

It took about 3 weeks for BuSpar to start working for me. I took a 1/2 of a 15mg tab twice a day, which didn't seem to work. So after the 2nd week my doctor incresed it to 1/2 of a 15mg tab 3 times a day & it seems to be working great. I've been on it for about a month now. My anxiety seems to be disappearing... it's not totally gone but it's well on it's way and i'm really happy about that.
    Feracecol likes this.