How long for Suboxone to be out of your system @ 2mg a day
    jason386 is offline New Member

Default How long for Suboxone to be out of your system @ 2mg a day

I know the halflife for Suboxone is estimated around 72 hours, if I had taken around 2mg a day for the last 2 weeks and then stopped old-turkey, at that rate, how many days would it roughly be before it is out of me completely, I am on day 3 right now, not feeling to great but I am not getting anymore Subs and I weaned down from 4mg to 2mg for 2 weeks before I ran out

rxqueen is offline Junior Member

Jason,
    What were you taking before Sub? Drug name, dose and frequency. Also include the length of use/abuse. If you were only taking 2mg of Sub for just two weeks I'd say you should be fine with very little w/d symptoms if any. Thats a lower dose for a short period of time. But what were you taking before sub?

Flaman is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by rxqueen View Post
    Jason,
    What were you taking before Sub? Drug name, dose and frequency. Also include the length of use/abuse. If you were only taking 2mg of Sub for just two weeks I'd say you should be fine with very little w/d symptoms if any. Thats a lower dose for a short period of time. But what were you taking before sub?
    I offer this as my first post. I am so lost, and at a tipping point due to (I think) SUBOXONE. I've been prescribed this for 11 years post opiate addiction (Vicodin). My pain management doctor has prescribed me--on average--a daily total of 16 MG (8 mg tabs, one half tablet 4 times a day), for nearly 11 years. My motivitation, work ethic, happiness and focus dissappeared long ago. I've told the doctor I am in way over my head, thus tried out patient treatment plans from the center for where the same doctor works. I am into my late 40s', and have a professional job (one of several over the last few years). Most importantly, all I have are 2 young boys I'm supporting post a terrible divorce that happened 5 years ago. My doctor kept me on this drug "b/c the emotional toll of the divorce" was too much to withdraw from. In the meantime, many failed relationships from an inability to bond or have emotional connection. I've been living alone since. I only wish to see my boys, which is 40% of the time. I am so lost. Please help me help myself. I dont even know where to start with this. Thank you.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 01-25-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: spelling

jason386 is offline New Member

16mg a day, that's insanely high amount. I was taking 300mg of Oxycodone a day when I switched to suboxone and and only needed 4mg a day, I would start taper/cutting down on the dosage, suboxone is a very strong drug, no need for mass quantity of it