I messed up my sub taper and need help....
    A_Mess is offline New Member

Default I messed up my sub taper and need help....

So i have been on subs for 3 months now, and at 6mg, jumped to see how it went, I didnt even feel anything until day 6 which was messed up if you ask me......so on day 6 I took 1 mg, and that relieved me. So the next day I took .25 mg and that was fine too. I mean I have high anxiety, RLS and am freezing, but dont feel like i am dying.....today seemed worse so i took .25 mg again......where do i go from here??? Im a wussy and need my sleep......but also would really like to be off this asap as I may be pregnant. And although there are risks involved with w/ds and miscarraige, I simply will not let my baby be in a polluted womb for 9 months and if that means a miscarraige this early on ( i cant be more than 3-4weeks) than I am willing to accept that. Please dont tell me i am horrible because of that. I just know how important good health is during pregnacy as my first child is the epitemy of that.

Thank you to any who reply kindly

Robert_325 is offline Retired

If you feel good at .25mg try to take that dose four days. Then skip one day entirely. Then dose again the next day followed by two days of skipping. Dose again, then skip three days. Dose again, then skip four days. That allows for the long half life of subs and after the four day skipping process you should be able to stop safely. But you need to take the doses as explained. It will help keep you stable and this whole thing only takes two weeks. This process has worked here for years. Congratulations on the baby. Good luck and God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Normankay is offline Member

You will feel better in a few weeks. You are pretty much tapering the same way I did. If you are an adict like I am, you have to retrain your brain. The best way I have learned to that is with recovery based programs. It has taken me 10 years to finally want to get clean for myself and really starting to feel a lot better.

Most of the time when I quit opiates I wanted to quit, yet I wasn't really willing to take recovery that serious. I was more or less just doing it to try to get off Opiates and still wanted to drink and smoke weed like I had before Opiates.

I tried quitting 5-10 times in the last 15 years and each time I ended up using Opiates again. Sometimes it took longer to get off of them and sometimes it would be quicker before I ended up using again.

Permanent recovery is a daily practice.

I could take Opiates as prescribed at times, however it is a mind consuming task to constantly be trying to take them as prescribed for me. I get angry and my whole day gets consumed by waiting for the next time I get to using. Even with >>>>>> I would be able to use it almost as a prescription.

However in time I would when I wanted to get off of everything, I would get into the "this is my last time" mode and use as if it was going to be the last time every time.

Determined83 is offline New Member

Hi, I too am attempting a sub taper. I have been reading a lot of posts from Robert_325 which have been extremely helpful, and encouraged me to join the forum. I have been on subs for a few months after having a problem with oxycodone. I usually took anywhere from 8-16 mgs of suboxone a day, but had a bad week a little over a month ago where i was up around 24mg. I have attempted to taper off the subs 2 other times without really knowing what I was doing - and ended up relapsing on oxycodone. I have managed to ween myself down to a little under 1mg/day and have been at that dose for a little over a week. I have about 5mg of suboxone left so I am trying to spread it out as much as possible before the jump. Going to attempt to skip my dose tomorrow and then try around 0.50mg on Sunday. This whole process has been a nightmare, but hopefully I'm in the homestretch. I have a huge amount of anxiety about what withdrawal will be like, but would just like to say this site has been an immense source of support for me. I hope everything works out for you.