Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Iluv2smile
  • 2 Post By kc50
  • 1 Post By kc50
  • 1 Post By SeekingSoberiety
I need to beat suboxone! 2mg addiction. Please help!
    SeekingSoberiety is offline New Member

Default I need to beat suboxone! 2mg addiction. Please help!

Hello, I am new here and have been a long time reader of threads on this forum though. I'm a 26 year old guy and I am going through a ROUGH situation (trying to jump off 2mg suboxone to nothing) everyone told me that's nothing so it's no big deal, but they were all on higher dosages. I've always been on 2mg, but i've been on it about a year now :/ ! But I made it 6 days before, that's the longest i've been able to make it in the year that I have been on this terrible drug, once and couldn't take the constant discomfort/anxiety/sleep problems especially in my already alcohol-fueled chaotic living situation I am in, and ended up giving in. I just went another 4 days of no suboxone and felt so terrible and such bad stomach pains that I gave i and got an 8mg strip.

I have gone to AA meetings pretty much every night for the last 3 months (i prefer AA over NA for personal reasons, but do go to an NA meeting once a week) and although a lot of them say being on suboxone only means I am still sober a lot of other's including my sponsor say otherwise. But ultimately I make my own decisions and I feel like my soul and sense of being has been highly clouded by this drug.

I am TRULY trying to get myself to sobriety in the first time in TEN years(I can hardly believe it's been that long..) I used to be bad into pills and other drugs, thankfully nothing serious like H (can you not say that word here or something? it keeps coming out strange). But I was still in bad shape a few years ago, I have overdosed multiple times. I have come such a long way.. I have gotten greatly reconnected with my higher power since starting AA and that is very rewarding. But I really just want to get off this evil damn drug. ANY suggestions/feedback would be great.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-23-2015 at 12:51 AM.

Iluv2smile is offline Platinum Member

If it has been 4 days now.
    You could probaly start at 2mg maybe 1.5mg

Since you feel so bad already it wouldn't take much sub to feel better.
    I would start by taking 1mg see how you feel..
    Then get stable on that.
    I just jumped 24 days ago as painless as possible by doing the taper suggested here.
    It is dropping 25% every 4 days or when stable .
    Stable means little to no withdrawal..
    You have to be stable before you drop.
    I tapered to 0.125 and then did skip days..
    It was definitely doable and hundreds have used it successfully..
    The fact you are going to mtgs and have a sponsor is a definite plus..
    You will get support here..
    If you could paste your thread on the suboxone board more Subers or x Subers will see it..
    The tapering process is also there.

Welcome to the best place in the world to get off Suboxone..
    Team taper!
    To
    Team jump!

Doing it all here successfully!
    I will check back later
    Iluv2
    kc50 likes this.

kc50 is offline Member

Hi Seeking,

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you started posting! This forum, believe it or not, was my lifeline awhile ago. I have to go out right now, but please know I will post to you when I get back this evening. You and I have alot in common, and I will ride this out with you. Today marks 8 days clean from Subs for me. You will find so much support in these rooms, just like AA. I, myself, am a friend of Bill W. also. Talk later, my friend.

kc50 is offline Member

Hi Seeking,

Just checking in. I won't go into my story on your thread, I just want to offer support. I didn't get into percentages when I got off Sub. Tapering IS key. Even if you have been on a low dose, you have to taper. This is what I did: I never did a whole strip, ever. At the end..it was about 4 weeks ago, if you look at a whole strip,as little as a piece as I could possibly fold, that was my dose. I did that for 3 weeks. Then I jumped. I got LIQUID immodium, Hyland's Leg Cramps, (they were out of restless legs) and 6 32 oz Gatorades. Do this before so you can actually make it to the store. Day 1,2 and 3 are not going to be a picnic. Very luckily, you are on a low dose. But like Iluv2smile said, TAPER! . I was able to withdraw without my husband or my kids knowing. Day 3 I had to play the organ for Ash Wednesday at church, I had to drive 2 hours to a wake that evening and the next morning I had to solo at the funeral mass. I am NOT trying to blow my own horn, I'm just letting you know it is doable. AND EXCERCISE!! I forced myself to shovel snow on day 2. Try to eat. Surprisingly, I ate every day. Nothing huge, just soup, mac n cheese.
    It is now day 8 and I feel a million times better. I commend you for doing this and I'm proud you made the decision to quit.

My Best,
    K
    SeekingSoberiety likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kc50 View Post
    Hi Seeking,

Just checking in. I won't go into my story on your thread, I just want to offer support. I didn't get into percentages when I got off Sub. Tapering IS key. Even if you have been on a low dose, you have to taper. This is what I did: I never did a whole strip, ever. At the end..it was about 4 weeks ago, if you look at a whole strip,as little as a piece as I could possibly fold, that was my dose. I did that for 3 weeks. Then I jumped. I got LIQUID immodium, Hyland's Leg Cramps, (they were out of restless legs) and 6 32 oz Gatorades. Do this before so you can actually make it to the store. Day 1,2 and 3 are not going to be a picnic. Very luckily, you are on a low dose. But like Iluv2smile said, TAPER! . I was able to withdraw without my husband or my kids knowing. Day 3 I had to play the organ for Ash Wednesday at church, I had to drive 2 hours to a wake that evening and the next morning I had to solo at the funeral mass. I am NOT trying to blow my own horn, I'm just letting you know it is doable. AND EXCERCISE!! I forced myself to shovel snow on day 2. Try to eat. Surprisingly, I ate every day. Nothing huge, just soup, mac n cheese.
    It is now day 8 and I feel a million times better. I commend you for doing this and I'm proud you made the decision to quit.

My Best,
    K

Thanks a lot for the advice! You all seem to helpful here I knew it was time to join and finally ask a question of me own instead of relying on other people's situations. That sucks to hear that you tapered down so low and were still having noticeable WD's.. I guess the Withdrawals are just something I am not gonna be able to get away from no matter how much I taper, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Iluv2smile View Post
    If it has been 4 days now.
    You could probaly start at 2mg maybe 1.5mg

Since you feel so bad already it wouldn't take much sub to feel better.
    I would start by taking 1mg see how you feel..
    Then get stable on that.
    I just jumped 24 days ago as painless as possible by doing the taper suggested here.
    It is dropping 25% every 4 days or when stable .
    Stable means little to no withdrawal..
    You have to be stable before you drop.
    I tapered to 0.125 and then did skip days..
    It was definitely doable and hundreds have used it successfully..
    The fact you are going to mtgs and have a sponsor is a definite plus..
    You will get support here..
    If you could paste your thread on the suboxone board more Subers or x Subers will see it..
    The tapering process is also there.

Welcome to the best place in the world to get off Suboxone..
    Team taper!
    To
    Team jump!

Doing it all here successfully!
    I will check back later
    Iluv2
    Thanks for the advice, that sounds like a good plan to start with.. Do you feel withdrawals still during the time you are tapering even at the 25% every 4 days rate? I'm not sure how to find the suboxone board but I am going to try to find it and paste this on there as well. Thanks!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 02-23-2015 at 11:37 PM.
    kc50 likes this.

kc50 is offline Member

How are you feeling today, Seeking?

Quote Originally Posted by kc50 View Post
    How are you feeling today, Seeking?
    Unfortunately I went right back to 2mg a day. I am back to square one, 3 days into withdrawl from 2mg. I really don't know if there is any way for me to find anything this time. I feel so awful but I am hoping after today things might be looking up? The worst symptoms seem to be the constant hot/cold and anything I eat just sits in my stomach uncomfortably. Of course the lack of sleeping as much as I was used to is not a great feeling either, but I was sleeping far too much before anyway. I have been feeling too sick to even go to my meetings the last couple of days.. I hate it. Thank you so much for giving me hope.

kc50 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingSoberiety View Post
    Unfortunately I went right back to 2mg a day. I am back to square one, 3 days into withdrawl from 2mg. I really don't know if there is any way for me to find anything this time. I feel so awful but I am hoping after today things might be looking up? The worst symptoms seem to be the constant hot/cold and anything I eat just sits in my stomach uncomfortably. Of course the lack of sleeping as much as I was used to is not a great feeling either, but I was sleeping far too much before anyway. I have been feeling too sick to even go to my meetings the last couple of days.. I hate it. Thank you so much for giving me hope.
    IT'S GONNA PASS!! The only way is through it. Day 3-4 maybe even 5 is gonna absolutely horrible. I'm sorry but that's the truth. And then guess what? YOU ARE FREE! Free from trying to figure out all those things we thought about. Next time we get more, cutting teeny weeny pieces, have to make sure we have some if we go anywhere..list goes on. You can do it! There is no easier, softer way. The hot/cold stinks. That with anxiety so bad you feel like your heart's gonna pop right out your chest, and you want to run a marathon with your stupid legs. I feel ya. We all do, hon. Make sure you get plenty of fluids so you can flush that stuff out of you. I'm here for you.