Hi Everyone!

I know this has probably been asked before but I thought I would start a new thread because I haven't seen a recent one.

I have been taking Effexor XR 150 mg for 14 years. I also have been abusing laxatives for 23 years. I have been very sick for 2 months, and today I had an endoscopy. I have a paralyzed stomach from the laxative abuse.

They put me on Metoclopramide HCL 5mg/5ml. I haven't taken it yet because I can't take it with Effexor. If I don't take it,(Meto) or if it doesn't work, I am looking at a feeding tube for the rest of my life.

I am a young 54, single, no boyfriend, and fairly attractive. I am hoping to get married one day, or at least date, but the feeding tube would be a turn off to men...I am assuming. Plus, I don't want to be on a feeding tube. I love food. Hence the eating disorder.

So, how do I safely, and somewhat swiftly, wean off of the Effexor XR as not to have horrible withdrawals. I have some 75 mg from a few years back, and I could ask my psych Dr to prescribe a different dosage, say 125mg, 100, mg, but I want to hear from you all what worked for you. I have tried to stop previously cold turkey, but I will never subject myself to that torture again.

Thanks so much in advance, and may you find peace in your life without any drugs or alcohol. Or laxatives.