Last night had to go to 6mgs xanax
    disabledleo is offline Member

Default Last night had to go to 6mgs xanax

I OVER DID IT yesterday & paid horribly for it last night..... Believe it or not but a dear friend & I went fishing & caught fish all day long & at 1 point he & I got me laughing soooo hard I hurt myself. I had tears falling from pain & hid them from him because he would have stopped the fishing & I didn't want to. This is a GOOD MAN & I know he would not have liked to know how much pain I was actually in & I didn't tell him just because I love fishing / talking with him always have always will. But once I got home I was hurting sooo bad I sucked it up & spent some ok time with my family BUT when I "TRY" to hide my extreme pain they both see thru it & either think I'm mad with them or something so I always end up having to de-fuse a situation & tell my daughter I'm ok & its jsut the pain NOT THEM....
    But then when it was time for sleep - there was no way... I felt like my back was trying to rip out of my own skin......... So I took my usual 5 PM's & 4mgs xanax. & waited & waited but the pain got worse & then panic attack started setting in & the combo had me reach for another xanax. = 6 mgs within an hour
    It still took awhile but I finally slipped away & it was much past mid-night then woke up @ 3am & was starving so went downstairs & downed glass after glass of water & whatever I could find to eat. Then back to bed & slept till this morning...
    I will have to start tapering this stuff down...

Default Back down to 2mgs

Ok just wanted to add I am back down now to only taking 2 mgs at bedtime & its working fine.. Read everyone's posts about this stuff & realized I better not let this get out of control so am going to continue to drop dose slowly & see how things go.

yezdegerd is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by disabledleo View Post
    Ok just wanted to add I am back down now to only taking 2 mgs at bedtime & its working fine.. Read everyone's posts about this stuff & realized I better not let this get out of control so am going to continue to drop dose slowly & see how things go.
    Leo what are you withdrawaling from and how long has it been?

Default YEZ sorry

Hey I just saw your ? about what I'm dealing with... I have been fully disabled for 12 yrs & have been on such doses of Oxycontin 80's rx'd to take them 4-6x's a day & roxi's 15mgs every 2 hours. That dose went up up up up & all legally rx'd by 1 doctor & filled by 1 pharmacy.
    It was soo bad I went thru a multi level fusion awake because they could not get me asleep because of the oxy's & then had me on soooo much in IV a nurse was posted by my bedside 24-7 because they never saw the amount of meds being pumped into a person & the entire nursing staff was scared to death & made that PERFECTLY CLEAR to me & my entire family.
    The list of garbage I've been on over the yrs is ridiculous & could never take the time to post it all.
    Finally I had enough & tried soooo many times to get off it all by flushing full rx's down the toilet & living & putting my family in such a horrible situation.. Then I was woken up recently by my daughter & I swore to her that would be the last time she see's her daddy in that shape so I started screaming help to everyone. I actually called my father & got the help I needed & put my phycologist pharmacy & doctor all talking & working on me the right way.
    So I have a medical condition that will always call for meds but we are finding now what dose is where I need to be.
    I am taking very little of anything now & have gotten the xanax down to 2mgs at bedtime ONLY.
    Thanks for being there