Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ddosher
  • 1 Post By SiriusMoonlight
Last Suboxone this morning
    babystimp is offline Junior Member

Default Last Suboxone this morning

Hi everybody! I have been on suboxone for 4 yrs. and I have taken my very last bit of suboxone this morning .25mg. Hopefully with God's help and my boyfriends support, and my own will, I can do this. I am ready, these pills make me feel like ????, every time I take them now they make me sick to my stomach, I have no interest in anything anymore, I don't want to do anything! Now that summer is coming up, I want to be able to enjoy it, and want to do things outside. Just waiting for the w/d, it doesn't take long for them to hit me, i'm already starting to get minor hot flashes. Does anyone else get awlful hot flashes during withdrawl? Is there anything to help with them? I have been through w/d from oxycontin and other opiates, but not from sub., I figure it's pretty similar. Went to the store got stocked up on juices and easy microwavable meals, since I know I won't feel like cooking, my poor boyfriend might have to cook for himself. lol. I got ibprofin, muscle relaxers, xanax, and marijuana to help me through. I have been on opiates for about 10 yrs. now, had a couple back surgeries, including an artificial disc put in. Does anyone else feel like a walking zombie on sub.? I wasn't even taking that much, 4 mg a day. Is there anything that helps with hot flashes, that I don't need a prescription for? Thanks, God Bless.

Anonymous Guest

I've never gone the sub route myself, but everything you have said I have heard b4! I don't know anything to do for the hot flashes......they were awful....but they passed.
    I really think you're hardest battle....just from what I've heard is fighting through the lack of motivation after you get thru the w/d's. Same w/opiates...sounds like you've been there b4.
    I'm sure you've read/heard all the advice you need.
    I'm just here to say, it's really true!
    It gets better, truly!
    Keep posting as you go thru, and will help as you go along.
    Life really is good!
    Every day can bring a new surprise if you look for it.
    Best of luck!
    Marian

Default tapered

i've read some other posts where people tapered down to .25 and did not have terrible w/d. if you did then you should do really well.

I'd watch the zanax and muscle relaxers. those could make it worse.

Good Luck.

xguntherc is offline Member

How are you so far?

Yes, Taper down to .25mg or even less. I got down to taking an 1/8th of a 2MG film.. that is a low dose.

Then I tapered. Yes there is some discomfort, but if you've ever been in a full OXY or H withdrawl shivering and kicking walls then this will be nothing. Of course it is not fun, but it is very doable.. I'm on day 5 of no sub, after going 3 without before that and 1 day without before that. Skipping days then dosing would be easier than you just not taking any at all.

And as much as people say no Xanax, you will "need" the sleep by the 3,4,5 day and so on. I've been using klonopin to get me to sleep. take at 11PM and I usually sleep in close enough to feel ok. in 8 days I've taken .35 or so of a MG total. and I'm feeling better every day. you can push through it.

valleylg is offline Junior Member

Default You can do it

Hey just wanted you to know its not that bad. I am now 21 days off suboxone. The withdrawls for me were not bad. I stopped a 1mg a day. I did take xanax during the day .25 in the morning and .25 at night. The worst part is feeling tired but you can do it. On my way to the lake with my family for the weekend can you belive it. Hang in there you can do it

ddosher is offline Member

Default I am sooooo ashamed

For those of you that have struggled with addiction for what seems like forever, then you are very aware how cunning, baffling and powerful it really is. I could be the poster child. Two years ago I went through what I would categorize as the most difficult period in my life. I was homeless and I had to come off of suboxone because of lack of funds. The doc hung me out to dry with no help. I was so sick and even though they say this detox won't kill you, I pretty much thought it was going to. Now mind you, I jumped off of 8mgs without really knowing what I was going to get into. Didn't take too long for me to find out. I swore up and down and sideways that I was not ever going back and I didn't...until about 6 months ago when I had a toothache that I thought was going to send me through the roof. Someone that did not know my situation gave me a couple of pain pills and before I knew it I was back at 6-10's hydros a day. Well I'm ready to change it and I am reaching out here because this is where I won the battle the first time around and I know I have to do it again.

Robert and Melinda...can you believe what a dope I really am. After the hell??? What the heck is the matter with my friggin brain...don't I know that when you always do what you always did you always get what you always got. Things were going upward for me slowly but surely and I'll be damed if this addict didn't just have to go and muck it up. Anyway, I have reached out to a program through Catholic Charities in my area. I have been to a couple of appointments already. I have a third on Monday and then I will be scheduled for "induction". I was told it was Suboxone on a film and that the Dr. does do the induction slowly so I better plan on being there from 4 to 6 hours. I saw the nurse today and she said that she thinks he will give me 2mg every hour until I stabilize. I need your help on this buddy. Tell me exactly what to do so that I can jump back off as soon as is possible. I am hopeful with this program because it sounds like from the nurse that this Dr. is good and knows more about this drug than the quack I saw before. Please advise and thank you so much. I want to apologize for this...I feel so ashamed.
    SiriusMoonlight likes this.

Well, I ended up skipping a day and a half instead of not skipping any days. I thought it might be a little easier. So now I haven't had any sub. since 2am friday, it is now 1:30pm Sun. So it has been about60 hrs. since my last does. I am not having W/D very much. My back hurts alot, very tired, and I do have the restless feeling, But usually I have way worste w/d than this. I hope this is the worst it will get. I strange I didn't get hot flashes real bad. So it has been almost 60 hrs. Should I expect the w/d to get any worst? Thanks, God Bless.

Well, I haven't had any suboxone for a week, didn't have bad w/d like I expected, not complaining about that! Thank you God that I didn't have to go through that again. I am having quite a bit of pain though. Taking a lot of ibprofen, muscle relaxers, and pot. I just have to make sure I don't start to rely on these. I am having energy issues also. I have none, will my energy come back? I had no energy on suboxone, but now it's worse. I take vitamin B12 sublingual, multi, d3 and calcium, and C. I've leaned more on the natural way of trying to feel better, since hard drugs stopped working. Ha Ha. I know the fight has only begun. One good thing my sex drive came back! I know many of you have been there and know what I mean. That's why I feel comfortable putting that in. Anyway, if you taper yourself down, it's soo much easier, just don't rush it too much, I had to wait till I felt really ready, and prayed alot, and it's been 7 days, I love and also hate, "coming back to life", been 10 yrs. on pain meds, the only good thing about suboxone for me that I didn't abuse it, s I didn't run out every two weeks, but it was still taking my life, I was so numb on suboxone, I want to actually enjoy life. Thanks for the support, God bless.

Ggeo is offline Member

Default This is what confuses me!

I'm about to begin a sub program. Do you mind if I ask you why you were on for four years?

Ggeo is offline Member

Default Sorry Babystimp..just did my research!

I see some people choose Maintenance over Detox...duh..Sorry about that

Yes I used it for my back pain, I thought it was wonderful at first, but it ends up giving you pain just like other opiates. But I never abused them, unlike the other stuff.

nobby02 is offline Member

Baby stimp, I found it was a long time (like 2 months) of coming of sub before the tiredness and diareah stopped. I thought that was a long time compared to CT of vicodin which for me lasts maybe a week.

Hey nobby02, Maybe it's because of how long subs stay in those receptors, vicodin gets out of your system alot quicker. I just hope my energy comes back before summer is over, I want to enjoy this summer, the last 4 summers I couldn't handle the heat, the suboxone made feel sick if I went out in the sun for very long. I'm just soo happy that it has been about 10 days since I had suboxone, my stomach was soo sick everytime I took it, even when it was only .5mg that I was taking. I had soo many tests done to see why I was soo sick to my stomach all the time. Come to find out it was the suboxone. It never used to make me sick, but I had chemo for a yr. for hep c, and was soo sick on it, but afterwards my stomach has been very sensitive to any meds.

Default It's a disease, u r not a dope

I can relate to how ddosher feels. I stayed clean for over 10 years and went back to using drugs. I hated myself for doing that...but I have the disease of addiction and cannot tolerate drugs in any form or substitute one for the other without activating my disease all over again. I know I wouldn't feel guilty for having any other disease and I shouldn't feel that way about having this one. I hope you can give yourself a break, get the help you need so you don't have to continue to suffer.

Having recently (January) been through Sub detox and been through other opiate detoxes many many many times...I concur with the comments stating that the overall severity of sub detox is nowhere even close to the rigors of full agonist opiate withdrawl. Not even in the same ball park as far as I am concerned. However it does tend to go on for some time...I didn't feel quite human when I was going through it...but it is more manageable in every way and not to be feared. That was the hardest part for me, the fear. Once I got over that I handled it OK.

All I can say is IT IS WORTH IT...I'm following a program of recovery today and feel much better in every day. I haven't used a drink or a drug to "get through" anything since my detox and every day I feel a little better (as long as I work at it).

Never give up, never never never never give up.

JS
    rick56 likes this.

SiriusMoonlight, you are right about the w/d from getting off subs, as long as you taper down it's not that bad, it was alot easier for me than when I got off oxys or fentanyl. The biggest thing for me is the pain, and no energy, but it's been 10 yrs. i've been on opiates, so I figure that it will take some time for my pain to get better, and my energy to come back. You are also right about the fear part, I was soo scared to get off subs because of my previous times of getting off opiates was awlful. I think that's a big reason why some people stay on subs, they have had awlful w/d from other things in the past, and nobody wants to go through that again!

Anonymous Guest

babystmp...thanks for posting about your taper and jump. It sure does give me hope! I have been on Sub 3.5 years and was as high as 24 mgs/day. Sheesh..I can't believe docs had me up to that dosage. Anyway, I am down to 8 mgs/day from 24 and stabilizing here before beginning my next drop. I am hoping to be down to 2 mgs or less by end of this year and ready to make my jump by next June.
    I know slow and steady wins the race....would you mind telling me when you started your taper and what kind of time frame you used?
    Many congrats to getting off! Hope you are doing very well!

I actually tapered down to 1 mg a day and was on that for months because I was afraid to get off completely. Just take your time, you will have a much better chance if you do. And the wds shouldn't be anything, just the lack of energy you will have for possibly a couple months. Make sure you taper down to at least .5 mgs, maybe even .25, it's up to you. Roberts program is helpful, but I gave myself a little more time in between cutting down doses, and I think that helped alot. Good luck and God Bless.