Lexapro 20mg / 14 year old
    jtkko is offline New Member

Unhappy Lexapro 20mg / 14 year old

My daughter was prescribed lexapro (20mg) a few months back. She has stopped taking it and has all the awful withdrawl sympthoms. My question, can anyone tell me how long the withdrawl sympthoms will last. I am really worried about her. She is only 14 and shouldn't have been put on them to start with but I followed doctors orders thinking I was doing the right thing. Please, if anyone can give me an approximate time frame where I can tell her so she will know brighter days are coming.....

lestard is offline New Member

It often last a few weeks, if it persist over a month, you should go see a doctor.

chastin234 is offline New Member

Default Lexapro,dosage

I am on lexapro for social anxiety (10mg), I felt great the first week, but last 3 weeks I have gone back to being a "worry wart", but not like I was prior to taking the medication. I have been told that 10mg is a low dosage,is it normal to need 20mg?

thanks

preza is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by chastin234 View Post
    I am on lexapro for social anxiety (10mg), I felt great the first week, but last 3 weeks I have gone back to being a "worry wart", but not like I was prior to taking the medication. I have been told that 10mg is a low dosage,is it normal to need 20mg?

thanks
    More or less the same with me, after 2 months of usage, now I feel that the dosage is not adequate, what is the average intake for General Anxiety Disorder.

Thanks