Lots of sub induction trouble
    neoftw420 is offline New Member

Default Lots of sub induction trouble

Im having ALLOT of trouble getting onto suboxen,

Let me give as short a history as posible.

I was on methadone 130mg in the beginning of july. I was arrested and thrown into rikers island for possession with intent to sell e and k. I was already on probation in CT and this is what started this whole process. My porbation officer was very much against methadone and the way i got her not to violate me was by getting off the methadone. I rapidly dropped by skipping my clinic for 3-5 days at a time by switching to >>>>>> and then taking 40mg drops, this was rough but manageable.

I cannot get past induction for the life of me. This is my third shot, first i waited 5hours and took 2mg and was dieing, i took 2mg more and it made it worse, i went and got dope, shot 2 bundles that did nothing luckily i had some benzos that got me thru this but i was so scared to take the sub the next day i went back to using.

I tried this again about a week later, and situations with having to travel to court in NYC while so sick gave me a excuse to use, i dont recall how well this induction went.

I just tried again lastnight, i waited 12 long hours. I was sick, i didnt use the CoWs but i was starting to get sick, more then starting, i took 2mg and went into precip AGAIN, this time i didnt continue taking sub laid in the bathtub for 3 hours till my dealer woke and i copped. I feel a little better now except for a bad headache and some restlessness.

Im wondering if there is a better way to induct then i have been doing, i get VERY bad WD symptoms and dont do well with them not even 1 bit, plus since i was on methadone for 2 years i think my symptoms have gotten even worse. Can someone please give me advice

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by neoftw420 View Post
    Im having ALLOT of trouble getting onto suboxen,

Let me give as short a history as posible.

I was on methadone 130mg in the beginning of july. I was arrested and thrown into rikers island for possession with intent to sell e and k. I was already on probation in CT and this is what started this whole process. My porbation officer was very much against methadone and the way i got her not to violate me was by getting off the methadone. I rapidly dropped by skipping my clinic for 3-5 days at a time by switching to >>>>>> and then taking 40mg drops, this was rough but manageable.

I cannot get past induction for the life of me. This is my third shot, first i waited 5hours and took 2mg and was dieing, i took 2mg more and it made it worse, i went and got dope, shot 2 bundles that did nothing luckily i had some benzos that got me thru this but i was so scared to take the sub the next day i went back to using.

I tried this again about a week later, and situations with having to travel to court in NYC while so sick gave me a excuse to use, i dont recall how well this induction went.

I just tried again lastnight, i waited 12 long hours. I was sick, i didnt use the CoWs but i was starting to get sick, more then starting, i took 2mg and went into precip AGAIN, this time i didnt continue taking sub laid in the bathtub for 3 hours till my dealer woke and i copped. I feel a little better now except for a bad headache and some restlessness.

Im wondering if there is a better way to induct then i have been doing, i get VERY bad WD symptoms and dont do well with them not even 1 bit, plus since i was on methadone for 2 years i think my symptoms have gotten even worse. Can someone please give me advice

The waiting time for induction needs to be done with the COWS worksheet. That is the bottom line as you've seen the lack of success. If you'll let me induct you right here on the forum I have never put anyone into precipitated w/d, but I will only do the induction the right way. Let me know if you want me to help you and we'll proceed forward. I've done this for years and know what I'm doing. Coming off methadone it can take 2-3 DAYS easily, but if you do it right you only have to do it once. And I'll induct you at a minimal dose, just a few mg and you can be done with this horror story in a couple months totally. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.