In The midst of suboxone withdrawal PLEASE RESPOND
    QuittinFrSure is offline New Member

Exclamation In The midst of suboxone withdrawal PLEASE RESPOND

so here it is.i've been on about 2 to 4 mg of sub for a little over 6 months.before that it was dope,oxys, whatever,not even a huge habit but i was high for 1 year consistently, so when i withdrew,it was hell i almost killed myself,literally.So back to right now, i have taperered to .5 mg a day( i know the taper method) couldn't handle the crawling outta my skin at work) and i took .25 a couple days ago, too muuuuch relief.SO my question is this.I have the next week off work for this, i am so dtermined to quit, i've tried before and couldn't handle it..but right nowi already feel kinda bad. I have a good supply of valiums and gettin some adderalls(i know you'll crucify me for that,but please..)im taking nothing this weekend, i work monday then im off till next monday,i'm hoping i'm wthdrawing pretty decently by sunday.AGAIN backto my questions.Come sunday night,SHOULD i take a couple norcos to make it through work,or a .25 sub? i want the rest of WD to hit asap,i would like for the bulk of it to hit mid week,i'm buying supplemental vitamins,food,sweets,working out, everything i've read about.i know it's gonna be hard to go back to work the next monday still,but i know i can make it through it this time..lost both my sisters to >>>>>>,neices and nephews taken by dcfs cuz of it...got no family...godamn i'm tearin up over her,but ...I'm just lookin for some advice...Thanks..

p.s. I love my job and it's so personally involving that my boss knew something was up as soon as i started tapering...i don't wanna lose my job.Just lookin for support for my specific situation i guess.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 11-06-2010 at 01:26 PM.

kidmonster is offline Junior Member

Sub withdrawl is the hardest. I was down to .5 then .25mg as well. .
    You gotta know that mixing all the drugs isn't helping. once you stabilize on .5 a day, skip a day, because of the half life, you will be okay. This is the best way to do it, skip one day, then skip two days, once your able, you'll be in the clear, if you don't your gonna relapse.. im certain

Default gee thanks

well, thanks for the support,i know all the technical info about subs,i need advice on MY specific situation. and if you didn't read my whole post,it's a little late for that kinda taper, i already tried it, but i was on 1mg for the last few months and would sometimes skip a day and now im at .25mg and have skipped days,and everyone's genetic makeup is different, along with their soul,so at least just read my whole post before tellin me that i'm for sure going to relapse if i don't do it this certain day,i'm not a newbie to opiate addiction, and i've tried jumpin off subs a couple times,while at *mgs a day, and at 4 mgs a day, so i'm hopin this onewill be a little better,considering my mental health also.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

Well, I DID read your whole post and still, I think your sarcasm directed at kid was uncalled for. He was really just trying to help. I don't fully understand what you're asking. If you should take narco to get through a day of work as opposed to sub? Only you know the answer there and have probably made up your mind already. After that day of work, you're apparently going to jump off the sub. I think a week is cutting it short. You won't be feeling great when you go back to work. If you mind is made up to stop, you can do it. There is a poster here who just stopped after a year on sub and is doing well. It depends a lot on mindset. But if the questtion is should you take a few narcos or a piece of sub, I think you know the answer to that.

i understand that, but to tell me "if you don't do it this way you'll relapse..for sure" isn't what i'm hoping to read when i get on here.i've read a lot of posts from people that genuinely seem to want to help people,and i appreciate the effort here, yes that was the question and no i don't know the answer and have not made up my mind. The Norcos?that's what i'm guessing,but i Don't know how it's going to affect me.I read conflicting info everywhere about methadone bein the worst WD,subs, dope..I know i won't feel great when i get back to work, but like i said,i have no one, and i need to support myself.I guess i was just hoping for someone that had a little bit more experience in a situation like mine.And by the way, i did get some coke,felt great while i had it,kept talkin about how " man i'm gonna get through this!" and after i ran out, i kept falling asleep,then waking up twacked, it was weird, and this morning due to all the dopamine or serotonin or whatever these drugs affect,had i the means i would have blown my brains out.And cokefiend, i really hope your name and all that is a joke,cuz i used to love it and see not much harm in it either,and if you could see me now..ha.i was the strong one of my group,the guy that always made sure no one got out of control.All of my drug use has lead me to where i am now,which is a shadow of what my life was.

DrizzyDrake is offline Member

I was on and off subs at one point during the spring, honestly. I couldnt fully quit OC the first time I tried so I basically just bought a sub from one of my boys every few days. Eventually by April, I made the decision I wanted out. I quit cold turkey despite working a p hysically demanding job ten days in a row.

RIGHT NOW I am just coming off using 1 WHOLE sub or WHOLE strip a day every 3 days.

YOU CANT USE BOTH ADDERALLS AND VALIUMS. Addys will keep you up and going, use ADDYS AT WORK. USE VALIUMS AT HOME TO CHILL AND SLEEP My brother.

Melissa B is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by QuittinFrSure View Post
    well, thanks for the support,i know all the technical info about subs,i need advice on MY specific situation. and if you didn't read my whole post,it's a little late for that kinda taper, i already tried it, but i was on 1mg for the last few months and would sometimes skip a day and now im at .25mg and have skipped days,and everyone's genetic makeup is different, along with their soul,so at least just read my whole post before tellin me that i'm for sure going to relapse if i don't do it this certain day,i'm not a newbie to opiate addiction, and i've tried jumpin off subs a couple times,while at *mgs a day, and at 4 mgs a day, so i'm hopin this onewill be a little better,considering my mental health also.
    Quittin

Your right about everyone being different and we all handle situations in our own way. I know you said you were at .25mgs right now, but you do have another option here and this is just what worked for me, but it may work for you too. I couldn't jump at .25mg and skipping days was hard for me at that dose also. I dropped down to half of .25mg which is .175mg and believe me it was a heck of a lot easier at that point and yes I even went to work everyday. I took .175mg for 4 days and then started my skip days and actually I didn't even have to take another dose of .175mg after that. I did take a small crumb and I do mean small on or about the third day into it. I barely had any symptoms and what I did have was very tolerable. I had minor RLS some nights but it was nothing like full blown withdrawal. I think my worst symptom was depression which lasted 3 to 4 weeks. In my opinion, the lower you go, the easier it will be and some people can jump at .25mg, but I was one who couldn't. My job was very demanding at the time and the thought of feeling bad at work made me cringe. So you do have the option of dropping down lower. The sub therapy is a guideline and once you get down to the smaller doses it becomes different for everyone. No one will ever criticize you here for that. We all want to see you get clean. As for the other drugs you mentioned, I don't believe you should add any other opiate to the mix. The only one that I would feel comfortable saying okay to would be the valium, but just if you absolutely can't sleep at night. Keep us posted. Good luck and hang in there.

Peace
    Melissa
    Melissa

Melissa B is offline Senior Member

I meant to say that half of .25mg is .125mg. My mistake.

Melissa
    Melissa

Anonymous Guest

on one hand you say you want to be clean, and on the other hand, you mention, norco, adderall, valium, coke, (anything else ya didnt mention??)

i just got off sub after a year and 4 months, i tapered way low, lower than .5mg,
    i couldnt skip days,
    anyway long story short, i decided one day i was just gonna stop.

best thing you can do for yourself is get some sleeping pills, help you thru, coz that seems to be the main problem, yeh i know everyone is different, but lots of people say "sleep is the last thing to return" and they aint kidding. im on day 23 i think now. yeh,\

so dump the norco, jeez you are tryin to get off opiates arent you? and as for the coke, and the adderall, ya want another problem.

decide and do it. easy.