NEED HELP DETOXING OFF SUBS robert325?
    Wilson2067 is offline New Member

Default NEED HELP DETOXING OFF SUBS robert325?

Hello...Im a new member and been trying to follow roberts advice. My quick story. Im 31 yrs old and was on methadone for 8 yrs. 5 months ago i switched to Subs...started taking 4 mgs and a day and have tapered down to .5 mgs a day where i am now.....Today is day 4 on .5 mgs, and i feel pretty good! So my plan was to start the skipping days process tomorrow. Any advice if its too soon or if i should try to get to .25 first? Again I have felt pretty good the whole time besides some minor w/d's this week. I want to thank all that contribute to this forum.....I think i see the light at the end of this dark tunnel!

I guess one of my questions is, does it matter that every time ive reduced it was after a month of stabilization, and now i will start skipping days after only being on .5 for four days.......I was on .75 all last month.

Thanks again!

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

If you were on each dose for a full month, I would definitely drop to ,25 before doing the skipping days. Sub is pretty strong so the lower you can go, the better off you will be. You can even go to .125 if you want. My philosophy is to make it as easy as it can possibly be. If you have access to the sub, drop to the lowest dose possible.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkgal View Post
    If you were on each dose for a full month, I would definitely drop to ,25 before doing the skipping days. Sub is pretty strong so the lower you can go, the better off you will be. You can even go to .125 if you want. My philosophy is to make it as easy as it can possibly be. If you have access to the sub, drop to the lowest dose possible.

I agree with Bev. Don't be a martyr and if you need to taper slowly. If you need to taper all the way to 0mg without skipping days. It's your call. Do this the way that works best for you. We are all different so do what helps you the most. That is my best advice. Have faith in yourself, God and stay positive. God bless. you and you are in my prayers.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

OK thank you very much for the advice......I guess my plan is to take .5 for a few more days (3-4 days), then reduce to .25 for a few days (5-6 days) then start the skipping process? Or would you suggest just tapering down to 0 without the skipping day process? Believe me im not in a major rush to get off this ????, its just i dont want to be on it so long that it will be tougher for me to get off it entirely. I just need a plan. Im beyond ready to take this on full steam ahead! Also I have plenty of subs so thats not an issue. Thank you Bev and Robert....hope to hear back