Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By beagleguy48
Off Cymbalta cold turkey
    beagleguy48 is offline New Member

Talking Off Cymbalta cold turkey

I have been off Cymbalta for four days now and so far doing okay. Brain zaps have decreased in intensity, but still there. Not sleeping well, but okay. I also quit Diazepam the same day, so difficult to tell which drug is causing symptoms. However, everything I've read and from the posts here, I'm pretty sure it's not the Diazepam. Actually, I had used the Diazepam to come off of Lorazepam about a month ago. My primary care doc has me on so many pills my medicine cabinet looks like a pharmacy. I have decided to stop everything but my insulin and see what I really need and what I can do without. It's my belief that a lot of the medicine is causing many of my problems. I have also gone on a 1,500 calorie diet and walk 30 minutes twice a day to shed some of the 330 pounds I'm carrying around on my rather short frame (5' 10"). That is going well and am determined to stick with it for eternity or until death, whichever comes first. Actually, the latter will open the door to the former!!! There may be some difficult days ahead as the Cymbalta is probably not going to give up without a fight. But, I can always hope for a first round knockout!
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-25-2011 at 08:38 AM.
    l5pine likes this.

disabledleo is offline Member

Default Good luck with the weight

Be careful dropping several meds at a time.. I've done the same but with others & have learned a very very hard painful way to pick your battles & take it slow.
    Make sure you let your doctor know what you are doing & with your concerns about all the meds rx'd I'm sure he/she will help you get off if its best for you.
    BMI must be taken care of because that will help a lot with many different problems BUT you already know that.

l5pine is offline Junior Member

Boy, my friend - I had a very difficult time with the Cymbalta. My God it was bad. But it's dif for everyone and I've heard of folks doing it like you just fine. Please, please keep us/me informed on how you're doing!! Put Cymbalta in the subject line tho, OK? By the way, I pretty much have gone your way in that I've cut back from 16 dif medications to only 3. Hat's off!! Des
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-28-2011 at 01:50 AM.
    ~~"I WANT TO THANK EVERYBODY THAT EVER SAID NO TO ME, BECAUSE OF THEM - 'I DID IT MYSELF!'"~~

Default WOW to both of you

First can I ask you why on earth did you cold bird both those meds @ the same time??? & what were you taking them both for??
    I5pine
    Good for you I guess...?? I have been there & it killed me several time when doctors link up different med cocktails in hope to find some magical combo but I ended up in a very bad place. If you don't mind me asking what are the 3 you stayed with??

I too have cut everything way way back & that is why I am up at this hour after flipping & flopping doing nothing but keeping my beautiful wife up so I just got up. Thasts after 2- 2mg xanax bars 4 tylenol PM & a 10-325 Norco still no sleep...

Hope some of you out there are sleeping

Hey Guy! How have you been? The 3 that I stayed on are methadone -10mg 6 x day, cymbalta - 90mg 1 x day, and a testosterone replacement therapy which any male on any pain therapy should look into as the pain meds can lower testosterone and bring on osteoporosis. But that's it, that's all i take and I have severe scoliosis and a slipped vertebrae. By the way, I'm pretty sure that it's the Norco that interferes with your sleep. It sure did mine.
    ~~"I WANT TO THANK EVERYBODY THAT EVER SAID NO TO ME, BECAUSE OF THEM - 'I DID IT MYSELF!'"~~

Default Norco & sleep

I'm not sure what the deal is with my sleep because I've not had a full night sleep other than induced coma in hospital in years so I doubt its the norco at this point. But I have gotten off the mega doses of oxy's & am really having to push extra hard to get myself moving & now I'm limited big time because of the pain because the norco doesn't do much

Yeah - it's hard. The only thing that worked for me after the oxy was methadone. I'll tell ya tho - 10mg of that 6 times a day is way better than 40mg of oxy 3 times a day, plus 4 or 5 10/325 norcos. And no high to miss. I really like it.

Best, Des