Like Tree1Likes
Off of Methadone 5 days! Wanted to Share
    serenity76 is offline New Member

Default Off of Methadone 5 days! Wanted to Share

Hey everyone!

I feel it is really important to share my experience with whoever would like to listen. I had only posted once here before, over 2 years ago when nervous about taking a drug test for work while on MMT. That was May of 2009. I was on 50 mg's and tapering.

Well, I am very proud to say that on Aug. 7th of this year, I took my last dose! I am 5 days in and actually feel really good, if ya'll can believe it. It took me 2 years to SLOWLY taper down to 1 mg, then 0 mgs from 50. I went extrememly slow and leveled off at the times where I started to feel w/d symptoms. I have to say that hardest drop for me was from 11 mgs to 10 mgs. Mainly psychlogical as a result of feeling real w/d symptoms for the first time in 6 years! It sent me into panic mode and I stayed at 10 mgs for about 4 weeks. I never went back up. I just stuck at out after every decrease. I just got accumstomed to feeling a little ?????? all the time. lol.

I really feel so blessed to have been able to get off and not go through the hell I went through the first time I kicked 'done. But, that time, I jumped off the clinic at 30 mgs, started shooting dope again and spent 21 sleepless days in a detox/rehab banging my head off the walls, and just ended up going AMA and using again anyway.

I really believe that I was ready and prepared myself for it the best way I knew how. I started exercizing 5 days a week about 6 months ago. I think this has been key for me, producing endorphins. I have been working out every single day since I took my last dose! I have very slight symptoms and I do believe that they would have kicked in by now. I AM SLEEPING! I have gotten up a few times at night, but went right back to sleep without much issue. I have been taking a multi-vitamin & b-complex, drinking lots of water & eating healthy foods (staying away from red meat & greasy foods). I have amazing support, family & NA friends that I have been there for me no matter what through the last 10 years of addiction. I have been meditating and praying that my brain and body heal themselves. I visualize my opiate receptors being free again

I really just wanted to share that it can be done without feeling like you are going die, because I have been there and done that, too. I went slowwwwww and listened to my body. And I cannot tell you how grateful I am that I did! It is hard to believe that after 6 years of MMT, being at a high of 120 mgs., that I would not be sitting here crying and dying right now, because I am a regular drama queen! I am glad to bring a message of hope and hope that it helps someone. I know writing about it has helped me!

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Dopesick420 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by serenity76 View Post
    Hey everyone!

I feel it is really important to share my experience with whoever would like to listen. I had only posted once here before, over 2 years ago when nervous about taking a drug test for work while on MMT. That was May of 2009. I was on 50 mg's and tapering.

Well, I am very proud to say that on Aug. 7th of this year, I took my last dose! I am 5 days in and actually feel really good, if ya'll can believe it. It took me 2 years to SLOWLY taper down to 1 mg, then 0 mgs from 50. I went extrememly slow and leveled off at the times where I started to feel w/d symptoms. I have to say that hardest drop for me was from 11 mgs to 10 mgs. Mainly psychlogical as a result of feeling real w/d symptoms for the first time in 6 years! It sent me into panic mode and I stayed at 10 mgs for about 4 weeks. I never went back up. I just stuck at out after every decrease. I just got accumstomed to feeling a little ?????? all the time. lol.

I really feel so blessed to have been able to get off and not go through the hell I went through the first time I kicked 'done. But, that time, I jumped off the clinic at 30 mgs, started shooting dope again and spent 21 sleepless days in a detox/rehab banging my head off the walls, and just ended up going AMA and using again anyway.

I really believe that I was ready and prepared myself for it the best way I knew how. I started exercizing 5 days a week about 6 months ago. I think this has been key for me, producing endorphins. I have been working out every single day since I took my last dose! I have very slight symptoms and I do believe that they would have kicked in by now. I AM SLEEPING! I have gotten up a few times at night, but went right back to sleep without much issue. I have been taking a multi-vitamin & b-complex, drinking lots of water & eating healthy foods (staying away from red meat & greasy foods). I have amazing support, family & NA friends that I have been there for me no matter what through the last 10 years of addiction. I have been meditating and praying that my brain and body heal themselves. I visualize my opiate receptors being free again

I really just wanted to share that it can be done without feeling like you are going die, because I have been there and done that, too. I went slowwwwww and listened to my body. And I cannot tell you how grateful I am that I did! It is hard to believe that after 6 years of MMT, being at a high of 120 mgs., that I would not be sitting here crying and dying right now, because I am a regular drama queen! I am glad to bring a message of hope and hope that it helps someone. I know writing about it has helped me!

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Hey,

Glad to hear this! I unfortunatly took the big leap and did it cold turkey. I realized how long it would have taken to do the slow taper method, and didnt have the funds or the patience to deal with the clinic here. So, here i am 6 weeks later and i STILL feel like ????. Shouldve done how you did it. But IF theres a next time (which there wont), i know how I'll do it.

Congrats on your feat my friend. Either way, no done is best. Good luck,

Dopesick

serenity76 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dopesick420 View Post
    Hey,

Glad to hear this! I unfortunatly took the big leap and did it cold turkey. I realized how long it would have taken to do the slow taper method, and didnt have the funds or the patience to deal with the clinic here. So, here i am 6 weeks later and i STILL feel like ????. Shouldve done how you did it. But IF theres a next time (which there wont), i know how I'll do it.

Congrats on your feat my friend. Either way, no done is best. Good luck,

Dopesick
    Thanks Dopesick, I really appreciate your reply. I replied to your thread a short time ago and hope you are feeling at least a fraction better today. I am 10 days in and doing well. Keep on truckin', my friend!!! I got a "termination of services for successful completion" letter from the clinic in the mail yesterday and man did that feel good They aren't getting my $90 a week anymore...that alone is reason to stay clean. I am going to save that money and take my kids & hubby on a vacay next summer as thanks for their unwavering support & for putting up with my shenanigans & bs all these years
    Last edited by Anonymous; 08-17-2011 at 07:29 AM. Reason: spelling